Remove saplings, water, and buckets?

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

Remove saplings, water, and buckets?

by redblade7 » Post

Hi,

I've been thinking about creating a new server, not telling anyone the ideas I have in mind yet, but is there a way to remove saplings, water, and buckets from either the included inventory or unified_inventory(_lite)? I know there is a lava_restriction mod to prevent dumping lava above ground, and I could tolerate that (though would rather remove lava too). But I don't want people using buckets, dumping water, or planting jungle saplings (jungle is disabled).

Thank you!
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

AccidentallyRhine

Re: Remove saplings, water, and buckets?

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

Buckets exist as their own mod in the default Minetest Game. Just edit ~/minetest/mods/bucket/init.lua and comment out the minetest.register_craft for buckets by surrounding it with braces

Code: Select all

--[[
<code_block_here>
]]

cheapie
GitHub: cheapie
IRC: cheapie
In-game: cheapie

by cheapie » Post

If you just want to hide something from the creative inventory, you can add "not_in_creative_inventory=1" to its groups.

For example, you might change:

groups = {snappy = 3, flora = 1, attached_node = 1, grass = 1, flammable = 1},
To:

groups = {snappy = 3, flora = 1, attached_node = 1, grass = 1, flammable = 1, not_in_creative_inventory = 1},
Combined with the above suggestion to comment out (or just delete) the crafts, this will result in the nodes/items in question being unobtainable except via /give or /giveme (or finding them in the world somewhere).

programmingchicken
GitHub: pchicken
IRC: chicken pchicken

by programmingchicken » Post

Go into the code definitions for saplings and delete the jungle ones.
<gamerdude> I apologize for the above content