Minetest Discord chat with voice!

Joseph16
In-game: smb3

Minetest Discord chat with voice!

by Joseph16 » Post

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18636

Spoiler
Guys I am new to the forums but not new to minetest. I made a discord server for minetest gamers who want to chat about the game and servers. There will be a mod section, a server section and just plain chating channel. I am working on it all thr time! See you there!

https://discord.gg/pHJjpM8

Discord is a chat for gamers. Search "Discord" in thr iOS app store or google play store.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: Minetest Discord chat with voice!

by Wuzzy » Post

I'm always skeptical of proprietary platforms like this one, sorry.

But the real reason I won't join is that I don't like voice chat. xD

PS: Someone has beat you to it: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15985

Joseph16
In-game: smb3

by Joseph16 » Post

If you do not want to use the voice chat, you dont have to. There a text chats too.
Testin' mines since 1989

HolyPhoenix

by HolyPhoenix » Post

I really like discord. Really awesome developers who listen to their community, and way more modern of an interface than teamspeak. Very centered around gaming.

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

In case anyone here doesn't know, there is an unofficial discord group for discussing minetest at here https://discord.gg/Wr6eXU3

yes, the Discord server has audio chat but you're not forced to use it, it's completely optional (and I don't see anyone even use the audio chat on that discord server, lol... everyone are just discussing with texts and images... no one uploads video in discussion yet even though it's supported, they're just using GIFs for now)

some of mod authors that joined the server includes rubenwardy, red-001, octacian, Maikerumine, ManElevation, GreenDimond, Aurailus, ChimneySwift, Gerold55, harry, Lone_Wolf, and Zythia
(the link of the usernames are pointing to their mods listed on krock-works.16mb.com which pulled from MT forum when available, or pointing to their GitHub if they don't publish their mods on MT forum yet)

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I'm always skeptical of proprietary platforms like this one, sorry.
And remember that "servers" are not servers at all, and are not owned or leased by the individuals as servers are. I learned that the hard way when because of VPN use I got locked out of my account and Discord demanded my phone number.
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)