[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
50%
NO
50%

Total votes: 179

GoldFireUn
GitHub: BluebirdGreycoat
In-game: GoldFireUn

Re: [Server] Just Test 2

by GoldFireUn » Post

@843jdc: MustTest was down because I was upgrading hardware, but that's done now. :)
@Wuzzy: I'm using a slightly modified version of your easyvend mod on my server. Just thought I'd let you know.
@sorcerykid, @maikerumine: I'm glad to see your server is up! Some people were thinking it wasn't ever going to come back.

I've made topic for my server at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16087

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Great news! I tracked down the source of the extreme lag earlier today. It ended up being a problem with Minetest's builtin authentication handler (a particularly nasty bug for servers with a large userbase and frequent logins). Performance is now on par with my original expectations, even slightly better than anticipated. But if any other problems crop up, please post them here so I can address them!

With that said, it's it's GREAT to be back online and to see so many familiar faces!

This server wouldn't be possible without our tight-knit community. Countless people have contributed to JT2; I can't even begin to name everybody that deserves to be credited for its success! It is all of YOU that made JT2 into what it is today. Thank you for supporting this project. And an extra big kudos to maikerumine for putting the wheels in motion on the next generation of "just test". Maike ROCKS!

Cheers everyone and happy holidays :)

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Quick question: It it BroИken?
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

No just having some issues getting the protected doors to work right since they are using old door code. Shouldn't be too much longer. :)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

K !!

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Protected doors work fine for me. Are you using the latest protector mod?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I'm watching this now, S O T O N A T I o N https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI4v931dSCk

LaserJet
In-game: LaserJet

by LaserJet » Post

wait there is more i dont know the full history of JT but i know it was a good server. why is there so many i saw JT2 somthing on the master serverlist what is going on?
In order, LaserJet, RubyJet, and xYOSIYAx are my usernames with my currently used one is xYOSIYAx (because I had to have the same username everywhere). You may call me xY or my username

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

The original Just Test was created over three years maybe 4 years ago, only as a test server. Read this thread for history.: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10539
And we all became a family.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

JT2 is this server, formerly hosted by maikerumine under the name @test@.

BlueFireIceUn
In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Post

I don't think this Christmas will be fine for me :(
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

BlueFireIceUn wrote:I don't think this Christmas will be fine for me :(
Why not, Blue?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Sorcerykid,

If you have your own shutdown script you may want to comment the one out that is in the jt_mods folder.

Today it shutdown at 2000 UTC and has been down ever since.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I went ahead and disabled the shutdown script. Thanks for the heads up.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Tonight at 7pm Central Time (0100 UTC) I will be moving JT2 to a more powerful VPS server, with additional RAM and hard drive space running CentOS 6.8 x86_64. This is only a temporary measure, until the full migration to my other hosting provider next month. But it should greatly improve reliability and resolve the crashes once and for all.

The IP address has changed, so connect to jt2.intraversal.net:3002 (it might take awhile for the DNS to propagate).

I expect downtime to be approximately one hour, if all goes as planned. Thanks for bearing with me during this transition!

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Tonight at 7pm Central Time (0100 UTC) I will be moving JT2 to a more powerful VPS server, with additional RAM and hard drive space running CentOS 6.8 x86_64. This is only a temporary measure, until the full migration to my other hosting provider next month. But it should greatly improve reliability and resolve the crashes once and for all.

The IP address has changed, so connect to jt2.intraversal.net:3002 (it might take awhile for the DNS to propagate).

I expect downtime to be approximately one hour, if all goes as planned. Thanks for bearing with me during this transition!
Thanks for the info! Sounds like it's going to be great, I hope :P

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Seasons greetings from JT2! This past week, spawntown has been transformed into a winter wonderland. Ice skating, egg nog, and yuletide cheer is in the air and Jack Frost mobs are nipping at our nose!

Of course, what would Christmas be without presents? Santa was up all night delivering toys (and tools) to little kids and parents around the world -- over 300 to be exact. Each and every gift was specially hand-crafted within our secret toy factory at the Northern Outpost. We hope you enjoy your new mining gear!

May your holidays be festive and bright!

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Seasons greetings from JT2! This past week, spawntown has been transformed into a winter wonderland. Ice skating, egg nog, and yuletide cheer is in the air and Jack Frost mobs are nipping at our nose!

Of course, what would Christmas be without presents? Santa was up all night delivering toys (and tools) to little kids and parents around the world -- over 300 to be exact. Each and every gift was specially hand-crafted within our secret toy factory at the Northern Outpost. We hope you enjoy your new mining gear!

May your holidays be festive and bright!
Thanks for the the diamond boots for when I'm walking through the snow! :D

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Thanks for presents!

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

Sorcerykid - I haven't been able to open my present yet because something is goofy with the pro block, but I wanted to thank you for putting so much time and effort into bringing whimsy and fun to the server! Staying up all night to deliver 300 personalized gifts goes way beyond dedication, and I have a feeling you enjoy spreading cheer and happiness to others. We need more cheer and happiness spreaders like you in the world!

THANK YOU, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Whoops! pro block fixed. Thanks sorcerykid... er um.. Santa!

The huge cave I've exploring has produced 5 Nyan cats so far. Here's the latest and greatest one with 15 rainbows :D
Disclaimer: Cords removed because I'm still working the cave :)
And yes.... my screenie caught Kibbie on a killing spree.
Attachments
nyan-15rainbow.png
nyan-15rainbow.png (444.75 KiB) Viewed 770 times

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ExeterDad wrote:Whoops! pro block fixed. Thanks sorcerykid... er um.. Santa!

The huge cave I've exploring has produced 5 Nyan cats so far. Here's the latest and greatest one with 15 rainbows :D
Disclaimer: Cords removed because I'm still working the cave :)
And yes.... my screenie caught Kibbie on a killing spree.
That doesn't count. I've been playing Minetest for a year and a half and have NEVER seen nyans.

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

BBmine wrote:
That doesn't count. I've been playing Minetest for a year and a half and have NEVER seen nyans.
I have never found one by myself either, but I have been with other players when some were found. If you want to see the five cats Exeter found - when he shares the location of the huge Valleys map gen cave he found - you should be able to see them. He doesn't collect them, he just puts pro blocks on them and leaves them "in the wild." I think Maikerumine found one in the same cave the other night.

Oh, and that wasn't a killing spree, Exeter. You know I don't square up unless provoked. ;)

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Hey everyone! Sorry about the downtime. I made the decision to move away from Verio last night after repeated problems with over-billing (not to mention having my account suspended due to no fault of my own). I've been with them for 16 years, and never experienced so much incompetence until their merger with EIG earlier this year :-/

The good news is, I'm now able to consolidate all of my sites and services onto a single dedicated server, and I'll be saving money in the process. The system is a powerhouse too, more than adequate for running Minetest as well as all my personal Web applications:
  • Xeon E3-1230 processor
  • 3.20 GHz on 4 cores
  • 32 GB DDR4 RAM
  • 1 TB 7200rpm SATA hard drive
  • 100 Mbps port
  • 5 IP addresses
  • 10,000 GB monthly transfer
I just upgraded to Centos 6 x64 as well, in preparation for the migration. Hopefully, this means no more unexpected downtime, and significantly improved performance. As always, please use the domain name to connect, as the IP address has obviously changed:

jt2.intraversal.net port 30002

Thanks everyone for being so patient with me throughout this tiresome ordeal. I hope you enjoy the "new" JT2!

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

All I can say is whoah.... You really outdid yourself, you have worked so hard on this project even since the beginning. I am in awe on the new server performance, it is breathtaking as one can ride over 10000 meters without any stutter or lag. The upgrade has changed the way servers are ten-fold, this is a screamer, akin to the Matterhorn carnival ride... Or maybe the octopus... Your hard work has definitely shown in this past month and most greatly appreciated. I would like to say thank you for all your time, patience, and dedication to this project.

Viva JT2!!!