[16px] Schoene Welt [W.I.P.]

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

[16px] Schoene Welt [W.I.P.]

by TumeniNodes » Post

Schoene Welt 16px is the result (so far) of my constant addiction to altering textures to suit my liking.

***The 16px version provides both the full, and 3/4 grass side textures. To switch to full, rename the textures. If you need help with this, send me a pm and I will help you out.

Please remember, this is a W.I.P. project, and what is shown is what there is for now. Textures will be updated per my time to do so, as well as "when I feel like it" :D

Any textures I have not done yet, will either be done, (eventually), or probably if someone else does them... (such as tools). I'm really not interested in doing tools :P So if anyone wants to give them a go, please feel free and create a PR and I will review them.

All licensing info is in the folders (PLEASE READ THEM). I added the licenses to the best of my ability, I am not a lawyer so if any changes are required, please inform me so I can make them, thank you.

Try the TNT, I am very pleased with the visuals (I even had some consulting from my kid :D )
Enjoy. If you like it, let me know... if you don't..., eh.. don't use it ; ) This is not a project where I will make changes upon suggestions visually...,this is suited to what "I" like..., I am posting it in case others may like it too.

downloads:

16px https://github.com/TumeniNodes/schone_w ... master.zip

Source

Updates:

* 03/08/2017 - added 16px WIP version.
* 03/10/2017 - updated various textures in 16px WIP version.
* 03/19/2017 - default_clay and default_cobble textures, cleaned up and updated for 16px version.
* 04/03/2017 - updated dry grass and grass side textures, and torch. License now CC BY-SA 3.0 / - 64px is discontinued / 32px will be updated in a few weeks.
* 04/04/2017 - updated default_stone_block.
* 04/11/2017 - update all saplings, junglewood, grass, and fence. and added a description.txt
Attachments
Schone Welt 16px TP.png
Schone Welt 16px TP.png (939.69 KiB) Viewed 1191 times
Last edited by TumeniNodes on Mon Jun 12, 2017 00:07, edited 23 times in total.
A Wonderful World

TumeniNodes

Re: Mild 64 + 32px W.I.P.

by TumeniNodes » Post

Just a few screens of tnt in use (I'm really happy with this)

Attachments
tnt_boom_01.png
tnt_boom_01.png (262.76 KiB) Viewed 1191 times
tnt_boom_02.png
tnt_boom_02.png (321.49 KiB) Viewed 1191 times
tnt_boom_03.png
tnt_boom_03.png (457.49 KiB) Viewed 1191 times
A Wonderful World

u19503

Re: [64px 32px] Mild [W.I.P.]

by u19503 » Post

Nice pack

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

toby109tt wrote:Nice pack
Thank you... I still have quite a bit of work to do to it...
Last edited by TumeniNodes on Sat Mar 11, 2017 06:20, edited 1 time in total.
A Wonderful World

Napiophelios
GitHub: Napiophelios
IRC: Nappi
In-game: Nappi

by Napiophelios » Post

its weird,when I first started playing minetest I prefered larger images like this.
but the longer I worked on making a texture pack of my own the more I came to prefer the 16px images.
I guess its the cartoony feel they give to the game that I like.

any way...Nice pack :)
the tnt screen grabs look intense.

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Napiophelios wrote:its weird,when I first started playing minetest I prefered larger images like this.
but the longer I worked on making a texture pack of my own the more I came to prefer the 16px images.
I guess its the cartoony feel they give to the game that I like.

any way...Nice pack :)
the tnt screen grabs look intense.
Funny you say that... I've been a 64px person too.. but now I'm moving more toward 32px. But with that, even the 32px version here, a few textures will be set to either 64 or maybe even 54px to give more detail... such as for doors and leaves. But the majority will be 32px. I try to go the lowest I can without losing too much detail or visual appeal. And then I use a program to crunch the size of the raster image as low as I can
I suck at 16px. My solution for a 16px version to add to this pack is changing the colors of the default 16 textures to the colors in my pack... so hopefully that will appeal to more people.

And, thank you. I just took down the links because I actually renamed the pack. I will post the new links in a few moments.
I worked on the tnt blast textures for a while... kept changing them and my kid got interested and became the consultant and approval dept. :D
If Ima blow stuff up..., I like it to look kewlllll.... :P
Last edited by TumeniNodes on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
A Wonderful World

TumeniNodes

Re: [64px 32px] Schone Welt [W.I.P.]

by TumeniNodes » Post

I'm wondering what regular game users in MT like in textures such as ores?
This is one of the textures areas I struggle with visually in creating because every one I do looks really horrible to me in the end.
And I keep wanting to revert back to the original style using the straight-ish lines... but maybe giving them a sort of crystalized touch?
ores and crystals, in stone realistically appear in veins... or pockets but, then again... this is not reality and trying to make anything which looks too real ends up looking really odd, really horrible, or both.
I realize asking gamers preference here won't give a truly accurate idea as it will be answered solely by frequent forum members... but I'm looking for as much input as I can from people who actually use the gaming aspect and care about such textures...
I, myself use MT with zero ores. So I am sort of numb to their importance, visually in_game.
A Wonderful World

burli

by burli » Post

The water is a little bit transparent. You can hardly see it. I like the 32px version

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

burli wrote:The water is a little bit transparent. You can hardly see it. I like the 32px version
The water is a very bit transparent :P

Funny you mention the water, I have actually been working on it currently.
That's why it's a WIP project right now. I'm trying to get the water effects to look as good (with realism) as I can.
Water is clear and realistically reflects the color of the sky or, in some areas it is also tinted by heavy amounts of minerals within it.
For instance, the lake at my camp always appears black... because it is so clean, what you are mostly seeing is the depth and darkness of the bottom.
The water is one of the textures I am constantly changing. Once I get it to where I like it, after a while I realize it's not really that great...

I have to go through the 32px version afterward and do some clean up with several textures, only because some do not scale down as well.
I'm a horrible pixel artist which is why I won't do a 16px... I have converted all the colors from my pack to the default textures though, and I will add that to the original post in a while as well.

I still have much work to do with all of it but, my main goal, was to give a more subtle/eased visual overall, and a smoother, or softer mix of colors.
A Wonderful World

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

*default_water_source, and flowing_animated have been replaced with (hopefully) more appealing textures.
A Wonderful World

D00Med
GitHub: D00Med

by D00Med » Post

This looks really really good
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

D00Med wrote:This looks really really good
Thank you.

Did you and toby109tt get to review the nodeboxtrees leaf textures?

*quick note regarding nodeboxtrees: I hope you two will be able to find some means to greatly reduce the lag, my machine completely froze up last night flying over an expansive forest.

If you are unable to, I fear it may be a mod suited only for customized maps where trees are scarce, (which is what I am currently doing with my Shone Welt subgame). I should be able to use your mod in it by default, only because trees will be scarce in the world.

I will probably post this on your mod thread anyway. Just thought I'd mention it real quick here.
A Wonderful World

D00Med

by D00Med » Post

"Did you and toby109tt get to review the nodeboxtrees leaf textures?" - sorry I'm not sure what you mean.
Hmm yeah it's not likely. I will probably be removing the snow leaves, which will speed it up a little.
And I think maybe the pine trees should be just a bit more scarce.
Other than that I don't think it will improve much. It runs fine on my computer.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:
Thank you.

*quick note regarding nodeboxtrees: I hope you two will be able to find some means to greatly reduce the lag, my machine completely froze up last night flying over an expansive forest.

If you are unable to, I fear it may be a mod suited only for customized maps where trees are scarce, (which is what I am currently doing with my Shone Welt subgame). I should be able to use your mod in it by default, only because trees will be scarce in the world.

I will probably post this on your mod thread anyway. Just thought I'd mention it real quick here.

It seems to Run Ok on my computer and I don't really have a super strong computer ( although I Get A Small Bit of lag in forests but it's not really that bad)

Bdw I didn't do anny of the programming I'm only working on the artistic side (models textures and structures/trees)

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

toby109tt wrote:
TumeniNodes wrote:
Thank you.

It seems to Run Ok on my computer and I don't really have a super strong computer ( although I Get A Small Bit of lag in forests but it's not really that bad)

Bdw I didn't do anny of the programming I'm only working on the artistic side (models textures and structures/trees)
IDK then... I mean, I run an AMD A-8 with 4Gb of ram and even with everything tweaked down I had one time where MT literally just froze up and I had to finally just hard pwr down and boot up again... I was using 32px TP too.... maybe there was something else going on as well at the time, I am unsure... I know once in a while my scheduled updater swings into play and causes a wee bit a' lag-n-glitch if I'm playing MT at the time...

Either way, I still LOVE NBTrees... I'll suffer through it... I'm literally addicted to it now... Now normal trees bring me down : (
A Wonderful World

u19503

by u19503 » Post

Would you be able to provide a link to the node box trees mod?

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

toby109tt wrote:Would you be able to provide a link to the node box trees mod?
Sorry, I'm a bit confused by your question toby109tt... Do you not have the link? You were part of its creative team and it has the link in the post : /
A Wonderful World

u19503

by u19503 » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:
toby109tt wrote:Would you be able to provide a link to the node box trees mod?
and it has the link in the post : /
oh sorry I can't seem to find it though ( I just thought it would be useful if you posted it if it wasn't there yet so if people want the mod they can just click the link)

u19503

by u19503 » Post

Do you have any News on the next update?

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

toby109tt wrote:Do you have any News on the next update?
I have made some changes but, been feeling out of sorts so when Im feeling better and probably a couple more changes I will update the post/textures
A Wonderful World

u19503

by u19503 » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:
I have made some changes but, been feeling out of sorts so when Im feeling better and probably a couple more changes I will update the post/textures
How is progress going?

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

toby109tt wrote:
TumeniNodes wrote:
How is progress going?
I'm just finishing up a 16px version.

Sorry so slow on progress... I tend to be overly fussy.

I am very close to having the 16px finished but, the same as the 32px and 64px there will be some items which will use the default textures... (mostly tools)

I got artist's block while working on the 64 + 32px versions, that's when I started on the 16px :P
But people seem to be more attracted to 16px, so I felt it is important to provide a finished pack for that first.

Should be putting that up either tonight or by tomorrow afternoon, the latest.

ores n stuff teaser
Attachments
screenshot ores n stuff.png
screenshot ores n stuff.png (737.9 KiB) Viewed 1191 times
A Wonderful World

D00Med

by D00Med » Post

It's looking really nice

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

D00Med wrote:It's looking really nice
Thanks D00Med!

16px version added!
see original post for download link (below the screenshot)

Still have tweaking to do, and some textures I want to replace... still a W.I.P. project but, I will be working on this 16px version a lot to get it finished asap, so I can then return to working on the 32px, and finally the 64px.

And, still work on my subgame of the same name...

I will have to update all the screenshots eventually too :P

Comments welcome.
Thank you
A Wonderful World

Sergey

Re: [64px 32px 16px] Schone Welt [W.I.P.]

by Sergey » Post

Your soil has color of mustard on a piece of bread.