[Mod] Reputation [0.3]

Sirvoid
GitHub: Sirvoid
IRC: Sirvoid
In-game: Sirvoid

[Mod] Reputation [0.3]

by Sirvoid » Post

This mod allows the players to know if a player is a murderer or a good player.

Features
-When you hit a good player your reputation drop.
-If you kill a player with less than X reputation your reputation will get higher.
-Do /reputation <Player> to know the reputation of a player.
-The reputation is saved in the world folder.
-You can't get reputation two time in a row by killing the same bad guy.
-You can't get reputation by killing a bad guy who is on the same ip than you.

Code: Select all

------v0.3------
-Now you need to kill a bad guy to get more reputation. 
-Now you can lose reputation more than once by hitting a good person.

------v0.2------
-The ip is now checked when you hit someone to prevent people to use multiple account.
-You can't get points two time in a row by hitting the same person.
Useful for the new players who don't know who they can trust !

Github

Download

Code: Select all

Licence: WTFPL

DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE

Version 2, December 2004

Copyright (C) 2004 Sam Hocevar sam@hocevar.net

Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or modified copies of this license document, and changing it is allowed as long as the name is changed.
Last edited by Sirvoid on Mon Jan 02, 2017 18:17, edited 7 times in total.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

Re: [Mod] Reputation [0.1]

by Desour » Post

interesting!
you could show the reputation of a player also by coloring the name in chat and hud
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

FaceDeer
GitHub: FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Post

Gives incentive to work on clever traps instead of attacking people directly. :)

I'm trying to think of ways to exploit the system. If I created two alt accounts, I could have one of the two accounts accumulate a bit of negative reputation and then just have the two players sit there punching each other to continue pushing their reputations in opposite directions as far as they wanted to go. The "good guy" is punching a "bad guy" so his reputation goes up, the "bad guy" is punching a "good guy" so his reputation goes down.

Not sure what would be a good approach to making this exploit less powerful. Maybe track the identity of the players a person is hitting so that they can only gain a certain amount from hitting any one player? That way a long-running feud with a single person isn't going to affect your score much, but if you run around punching every newbie you meet your score will shift dramatically. Which is probably the best outcome if the goal of this mod is to help newbies identify who's risky to be around.

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

great idea
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

Sirvoid

by Sirvoid » Post

FaceDeer wrote:Gives incentive to work on clever traps instead of attacking people directly. :)

I'm trying to think of ways to exploit the system. If I created two alt accounts, I could have one of the two accounts accumulate a bit of negative reputation and then just have the two players sit there punching each other to continue pushing their reputations in opposite directions as far as they wanted to go. The "good guy" is punching a "bad guy" so his reputation goes up, the "bad guy" is punching a "good guy" so his reputation goes down.

Not sure what would be a good approach to making this exploit less powerful. Maybe track the identity of the players a person is hitting so that they can only gain a certain amount from hitting any one player? That way a long-running feud with a single person isn't going to affect your score much, but if you run around punching every newbie you meet your score will shift dramatically. Which is probably the best outcome if the goal of this mod is to help newbies identify who's risky to be around.
Oh I didn't think about that ^^'

I will verify the player ip to check if this is the same person before giving the points.
And maybe some kind of cooldown ... I will think about that.
Thanks.

[EDIT]
mod updated ^^

Sirvoid

Re: [Mod] Reputation [0.3]

by Sirvoid » Post

New Update
Everything has been rebalanced !

it should be better now ^^