[Old][Game] MineClone : Minecraft-like or Perfect clone ?

Games that have been abandoned and no longer work properly with the latest version of Minetest.
issa

Re: [Multi] MineClone : Minecraft-like or Perfect clone ?

by issa » Post

need update please

davedevils
GitHub: davedevils
IRC: davedevils
In-game: davedevils

by davedevils » Post

I have stop for the moment , i wait the core of minetest be better !

And this project need to be rewirte so , need lot's of time ...

issa

by issa » Post

c'est bien dommage, j'aime minetest, mais il manque vraiment de contenu !

j'ai malheureusement gouté à Minecraft (j'avais jamais joué avant) et je me rend compte que j'aime

j'espere que Minetest vas avoir une communauté croissante, car la communauté Minecraft c'est énorme.
aprés je veux bien me lancer avec toi

merci à toi en tout cas d'avoir répondu

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Hi! I recently had the idea to make a Minecraft clone which comes as close as possible to the origial. Why? Just for fun! :D Then I searched for existing projects (so it saves me some of the work). Yesterday I have downloaded this and it looks like a very close resemblance of Minecraft. There's a lot of attention to detail already. No other subgame I know comes this close.

Then I decided to just download the repository and hack a bit on the code to fix bugs and implement more features. Just so you know I may be working on it in the future. There's no release yet, but I plan to post a new thread in 1 or 2 weeks.
I probably keep the name “MineClone” if this is not a problem for you, since this is still very bare bones and looks abandoned, and my fork will be a direct continuation of this.

It's an interesting practice for me as there are many challenges to overcome to re-implement all the features. By doing this, I will probably also come across one or another shortcoming of the Minetest API.
But I am quite surprised how much of the features this needs are already possible with the current API.
Thankfully, many of the features are already implemented in existing mods somewhere in the forums.
I never played Minecraft, but I saw those gameplay videos and I use the Minecraft Wiki.

It's really a blessing that there are so many custom Minecraft texture packs around. This saves a LOT of work. :-)

A question: Does anyone the conditions/license under which the Faithful textures are distributed? Because if not, I might have to switch to another texture pack, because of copyright.
Also, are you absolutely sure this subgame does not include any copyrighted data files from Mojang AB? I want to avoid this.

EDIT: MineClone 2 is now released: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16407

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

Very WIP! Very dead world or blocks or GUI not added.
Attachments
unknowngui.png
unknowngui.png (719.7 KiB) Viewed 1643 times
deadmcl.png
deadmcl.png (862.58 KiB) Viewed 1643 times
Last edited by Enrikoo on Mon Nov 20, 2017 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Hi! I recently had the idea to make a Minecraft clone which comes as close as possible to the origial. Why? Just for fun! :D Then I searched for existing projects (so it saves me some of the work). Yesterday I have downloaded this and it looks like a very close resemblance of Minecraft. There's a lot of attention to detail already. No other subgame I know comes this close.

Then I decided to just download the repository and hack a bit on the code to fix bugs and implement more features. Just so you know I may be working on it in the future. There's no release yet, but I plan to post a new thread in 1 or 2 weeks.
I probably keep the name “MineClone” if this is not a problem for you, since this is still very bare bones and looks abandoned, and my fork will be a direct continuation of this.

It's an interesting practice for me as there are many challenges to overcome to re-implement all the features. By doing this, I will probably also come across one or another shortcoming of the Minetest API.
But I am quite surprised how much of the features this needs are already possible with the current API.
Thankfully, many of the features are already implemented in existing mods somewhere in the forums.
I never played Minecraft, but I saw those gameplay videos and I use the Minecraft Wiki.

It's really a blessing that there are so many custom Minecraft texture packs around. This saves a LOT of work. :-)

A question: Does anyone the conditions/license under which the Faithful textures are distributed? Because if not, I might have to switch to another texture pack, because of copyright.
Also, are you absolutely sure this subgame does not include any copyrighted data files from Mojang AB? I want to avoid this.

EDIT: MineClone 2 is now released: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16407
Yeah i see the new MineClone 2 Game but it has other textures like PixelPerfection V. 3.6: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14289

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Yeah. At this stage, MineClone is almost nothing compared to MineClone 2 (no offense!).
As MineClone 2 is a direct successor, I don't see much reason with sticking with MineClone.
MineClone is not broken, just old. But it only works with mapgen v6.

If you care about the good old Faithful textures, I have included a texture converter script, but its quite incomplete and not for the faint of heart. Maybe I'll finish it one day.

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

Wuzzy wrote:If you care about the good old Faithful textures, I have included a texture converter script, but its quite incomplete and not for the faint of heart. Maybe I'll finish it one day.
As I see the improved grass looks in the latest version good enough for me to switch back to your textures. Previously grass was a little bit too 'strong', now it's more relaxing, though still retains the character of the game. Definitely positive change..

A thank-you screenshot.
Attachments
A shore. One of the recurrent and most liked motifs.
A shore. One of the recurrent and most liked motifs.
ashore_mineclone.png (468.74 KiB) Viewed 1643 times
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

Nininik
GitHub: nininik0
IRC: nininik
In-game: nininik

Re: [Old][Game] MineClone : Minecraft-like or Perfect clone ?

by Nininik » Post

HEY THIS IS WHERE MULICRAFT GOT ITS TEXTURES
↯Glory to Team Thunderstrike!↯
↯T.T.S.↯