[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.4.0]

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

could someone explain me why the voxbox guy has arrived in your survival inventory?
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Please file an issue on GitHub anyway.
I think the issue is that in our subgames, "add_particle[spawner]" is sometimes not called with a Lua table, but just a list of parameters, which apparently no longer works. If I change the code to pass a proper table, the crash for that particular particle no longer happens. E.g. in Blockmen's torches mod I changed

Code: Select all

minetest.add_particle(pos, null, null, duration,
   					1.5, true, "torches_fire"..tostring(math.random(1,2)) ..".png")
to

minetest.add_particle({
			pos = pos,
			velocity = {x=0, y=0, z=0},
			acceleration = {x=0, y=0, z=0},
			expirationtime = duration,
			size = 1.5,
			collisiondetection = true,
			texture = "torches_fire"..tostring(math.random(1,2)) ..".png",
			})
Quite a few mods such as potions still use the old-style call.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:could someone explain me why the voxbox guy has arrived in your survival inventory?
Because I forked the craftingpack modpack from VoxBox (which in turn took the craftingpack modpack from PilzAdam and modified a little bit), and I haven't gotten around to replace this texture yet.
Whenever you find some legacy stuff or odd textures, it's probably going to be replaced sooner or later. But feel free to continue to report any oddities you find, especially if you think they might be not so obvious to me.

Morn76: Interesting. Yeah, the legacy add_particle function should definitely be replaced. Thanks for noticing. In MineClone 2 there are still some legacy mods laying around which I have to replace over time.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Wuzzy wrote: Morn76: Interesting. Yeah, the legacy add_particle function should definitely be replaced. Thanks for noticing. In MineClone 2 there are still some legacy mods laying around which I have to replace over time.
I've fixed my subgame now, it wasn't so bad. I just wonder whether this deprecation of the old call method by sfan5 was intentional or not. His commit message certainly does not suggest he was aware of any API issues for mods.

I have now upgraded my MT build to the latest git version to get smooth lighting (which looks gorgeous BTW), so please fix MineClone 2 soon. :-)

Robsoie

by Robsoie » Post

Hello,

Playing only with this subgame, no mods added.
I just gave a test , and here are some report

-Very- lot of these error messages , it started when i walked near to that structure (apparently a dungeon generated above ground) :
http://i.imgur.com/NI3Bb2r.jpg

2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (-45,30,172) (block (-3,1,10))
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (-43,26,171) (block (-3,1,10))
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (-43,26,178) (block (-3,1,11))
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (-43,27,177) (block (-3,1,11))
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (-43,29,170) (block (-3,1,10))
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (-43,29,174) (block (-3,1,10))
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE 
- Found a village and it seems that all buildings are placed on the same plane, regardless on how the ground is, leading then to several buildings floating wrongly instead of landing on the ground :
http://i.imgur.com/tyf8AC4.jpg
On another test world, same situation but several building had only there roof visible due to a hill burying them instead of the house landing on those hills

- Got several of these too :

2017-01-26 14:32:27: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_skeleton.png
2017-01-26 14:32:31: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_creeper.png
2017-01-26 14:32:31: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_creeper.png
2017-01-26 14:32:32: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Unknown data object in animation of .x file: AnimTicksPerSecond
2017-01-26 14:32:32: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Unknown data object in animation of .x file: AnimTicksPerSecond
2017-01-26 14:32:36: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_creeper.png
2017-01-26 14:32:36: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_creeper.png
2017-01-26 14:32:37: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_skeleton.png
2017-01-26 14:32:37: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_skeleton.png
Height limit at ca. 31000 because the height limit just adds frustrations and has no gameplay relevance in Minecraft. But indestructible bedrock is added at ca. Y=-90 for gameplay reasons
It's not working, the bedrock can be dug through without problem

2017-01-26 14:45:30: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:bedrock at (9,-83,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:38: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:bedrock at (9,-86,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:46: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:bedrock at (9,-87,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:46: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:bedrock at (9,-89,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:47: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (9,-95,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:48: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (9,-96,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:48: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (9,-97,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:48: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (9,-98,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:48: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (9,-99,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:48: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (9,-100,140)
Not sure if anything can be done or if it's an engine problem, but even if the bedrock was actually indestructible, Minetest continue to generate caves and etc... under it, for performance i guess it's bad.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Robsoie wrote: It's not working, the bedrock can be dug through without problem
@Wuzzy: Bedrock needs to be added to the immortal group, so it cannot be destroyed.

groups = { immortal = 1 },

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The huge amount of error messages probably comes from broken villages. Villages and other mapgen structures are very broken and need a major rework.

Bedrock CAN be dug in creative mode, this is intentional and reflects Minecraft behaviour. But it is unbreakable to me in non-creative mode. If you CAN dig bedrock even in non-creative mode, then it's a bug, but I need to know more details to fix it.
The immortal group actually does nothing for blocks (at least from the engine side). This is an old Minetest superstition advanced by me. I was wrong. Sorry for the confusion. The immortal group is actually only intended to be used on entities, where it disables damage. Minetest has no similar behaviour for blocks. For blocks, you can add stuff like diggable = false.

I am still confused about the mob texture and Irrlicht errors. I currently don't really know how to fix these.

Please don't be mad at me for so many bugs, this game is still in alpha stage, so stuff like this, even very horrible bugs, are to be expected. ;-) But feel free to continue to post bug reports, as those are very important.

D00Med
GitHub: D00Med

by D00Med » Post

I've had that problem with the mob textures before.
The mob texture problem can be fixed if you export models using a custom .b3d export plugin.
It's somewhere on the forums, try searching for it.
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

Robsoie

by Robsoie » Post

No problem with the bugs, it's a work in progress so it's obviously expected to run into some as the engine has bugs on its own already :)

About the irlicht and the texture i noticed this :
Further research on the "Could not open file of texture" warning:
When Irrlicht loads a mesh like character.b3d it automatically tries to load any textures mentioned in that file (eg, character.b3d mentions character.png so Irrlicht tries to load character.png from the current directory).
Removing the texture from the files seems to work.
There doesn't seem to be a way to disable the auto-loading, therefore this appears to be an upstream issue in Irrlicht.
from
https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/3257

I copied then moved the mobs_skeleton.png and mobs_creeper.png from the textures folder to the models one (so i have both texture in both folders) but when trying a new world, the messages will still happen

Very odd, as i found skeletons and creepers and they have their textures.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

According to https://github.com/minetest/minetest/is ... -183187504, it looks like the solution would be to remove the texture file name from the .x models. E.g. remove

TextureFilename {"cow.png";}
from cow.x, or even remove the whole Material Cow_Mat block.

Blender likes to export its models with material information, which Irrlicht doesn't need I think, or at least not the texture name.

Edit: Yep, this fix works: https://github.com/mdoege/stampy_game/c ... 8417b100d8 No error messages about textures anymore.

I guess we simply need to make sure not to check "Export Materials" when exporting from Blender in the future.

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

Morn76 wrote:I guess we simply need to make sure not to check "Export Materials" when exporting from Blender in the future.
I can confirm that does work for directx models, however, for b3d you should probably use this version of the exporter: https://github.com/minetest/B3DExport It was modified by @sofar to automatically unlink the textures, of course, you can do it manually in blender.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Thanks a lot! I just applied the bugfix. It is great how much support I already got from a lot of different people for only a single subgame. And for this, I am really grateful! :-)
If I remember correctly, I haven't seen so much support for any of my mods.

I am currently mostly doing cleanup work in many of the mods, since there is a LOT of legacy code, and bugs. Plus, stuff needs to be organized in a more or less sane manner so I don't turn mad.
I will sooner or later also finally rename the mod “default” (as it is now VERY different from Minetest Game's default, and compability just wouldn't make sense anymore), which means your worlds are likely to break (as I warned earlier).

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

stu wrote: I can confirm that does work for directx models, however, for b3d you should probably use this version of the exporter: https://github.com/minetest/B3DExport It was modified by @sofar to automatically unlink the textures, of course, you can do it manually in blender.
What's nice about DirectX files is that they are ASCII text and thus easy to change in an editor. Working with text files is also much better for git than binary files. So I am not sure why this move to .b3d e.g. for the MT character model happened. Is it about file size?
Wuzzy wrote:Thanks a lot! I just applied the bugfix. It is great how much support I already got from a lot of different people for only a single subgame. And for this, I am really grateful! :-)
If I remember correctly, I haven't seen so much support for any of my mods.
I have also removed the AnimTicks stuff from villager.x now because it was causing another error message: https://github.com/mdoege/stampy_game/c ... dac860af7e

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

Morn76 wrote:Is it about file size?
Pretty much yes but b3d does also behave better with irrlicht in my experience, however, this is now getting off-topic, sorry.

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

look in the nether mod and use the code from the nether pearl for the ender pearl if the licence is ok with it

ph8jPf9M
GitHub: 22i

by ph8jPf9M » Post

i can help out with the rest of the minecraft mobs that are missing just need animations

blender files https://github.com/22i/minecraft-voxel-blender-models

quick minetest mod to test how mobs look like * amc - depends on mobs redo
https://github.com/22i/amc

mahmutelmas06
GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

You may want to check

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16521
My Mods:

Beverage

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

It's a great job. I like to get some stuff inspired by minecraft, but minetest is a true temple of creativity (the universe of mods).

Wuzzy

MineClone 0.5.0

by Wuzzy » Post

I looked at it, but it doesn't seem to contain any features MineClone 2 not already has. In case I missed that one super awesome feature, please point to it directly.
i can help out with the rest of the minecraft mobs that are missing just need animations
This is amazing! A very important contribution to this subgame. But currently, mobs are on ice for now. I try to create MineClone 2 in several “phases”, and mobs will be done in a later phase. Or when I feel like it.

MineClone 0.5.0 is here!
Changelog:
  • Complete rework and reorganization (especially renaming) of many many mods. Pre-0.5.0 worlds will completely break with this update!
  • Fix bottom of lily pad being flipped
  • Disallow torch and sign placement on ceiling
  • Ender pearls can be thrown and teleport and hurt you on impact
  • Increase flying speed of throwable things like snowballs
  • Make throwable things only destroy on solid blocks (they CAN go through liquids now)
  • Cacti and dead bushes now appear in deserts
  • Some other blocks now get generated by the map generator, such as ice and snow
  • Disable world structures for now, as they are very broken at the moment
  • Get rid of most or all seriously annoying mapgen error messages
  • Fix error messages about missing mob textures
  • Add dragon egg (does not teleport yet)
  • Add end rod
  • Inverted daylight sensor is non-craftable now; can be now obtained by rightclicking daylight sensor
  • Update list of piston-stopping nodes
  • Fix serious creative inventory bug causing potential serious lag for new players on large servers. Fixes this old bug inherited by MineClone
The most important change is the massive mod reorganization, on which I still work on for the next releases. Many mods have been renamed to “mcl_” to distinguish them from the originals, as they are different.
The mod “default” is now “mcl_core” as this mod now has very little resemblance to the original “default” from Minetest Game.
As I said, this major change breaks all worlds before 0.5.0. But the work is now mostly finished. I still plan to make mod name changes, but they will become less intrusive over time, so expect more missing nodes in future releases or just be prepared to reset your world.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.5.0]

by GreenXenith » Post

Yoy!
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

3 things so far:
1: Endrod is not yellow. Needs to be white. Particles if you can.
2: Deadbush spawns WAY to often. I mean, look at this:
All that stuff inside the red is deadbush. Too much.
3: What dragon egg? I don't see no egg D: EDIT: have to use /giveme mcl_end:dragon_egg to get it :/
4 (didnt i say 3 tho?): Inventory order still aint right, but you said you are still working on it, so please do.
5 (another?!): I am thinking about helping with this project (if you are open to it)
Will compile more list.
Last edited by GreenXenith on Fri Jun 12, 2020 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

3: What dragon egg? I don't see no egg D: EDIT: have to use /giveme mcl_end:dragon_egg to get it :/
It's hidden in Creative Mode in Minecraft as well, probably because it is mainly the “reward” for defeating the Ender Dragon. It's a very obscure item. I should maybe compile a list of items which can only be gotten by /giveme.
4 (didnt i say 3 tho?): Inventory order still aint right, but you said you are still working on it, so please do.
Meh, I'm not sure if I really want to reflect the inventory order perfectly. There doesn't seem to be much of a logic in Minecraft.
2: Deadbush spawns WAY to often. I mean, look at this:
Yes.
5 (another?!): I am thinking about helping with this project (if you are open to it)
Depends on what you want to add. If it's something small, just send me patches and hope for the best (I may be selective). If it's something big, first announce it here so I'm aware (this will avoid possible duplicate work or tears or rejection), and if I don't complain, just fork the repo, make the new feature (preferably in a new branch) and link me to the repo (+branch) when you're finished plus a sentence or two on why I should merge this. Also, before implementing big stuff, also check if there's not already a readily available mod which already solves your task.

Mods and things I am probably going to add on my own:
- All mods in the Help modpack
- craftguide, but probably a modified version thereof to fit the general style
- tsm_railcorridors
- Mobs/models posted by ph8jPf9M
- One of the nether mods, but modified

Other areas where I currently don't want or need help:
- Adding missing blocks
- HUD and GUI stuff
- Defining the core subgame architecture

Help in the following areas is appreciated:
- Mapgen
- Mobs

u34

by u34 » Post

great subgame! i like the mc style!

+1

Sirvoid
GitHub: Sirvoid
IRC: Sirvoid
In-game: Sirvoid

by Sirvoid » Post

You should add this mod
[mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Don't trust the mod names! Many mods (but not all) have been modified beyond recognition from the original, compability is NOT guaranteed.
Mods starting with “mcl_” are mods specifically made for MineClone 2.
Did pithy create mcstair specifically for this game?

Just asking as I run into an error if I try to use it in MT_game, so thought I'd ask before I tried to figure it out :D
A Wonderful World