[Server] Xanadu

xerox123
GitHub: xerox123Official
IRC: xerox123
In-game: xerox123

Re: Xanadu Server

by xerox123 » Post

One quick /privs check later shows this:

Privileges of Dolphins1011: interact home shout (assuming this is the username you are using)

If you could let us know what commands you issued and any errors they returned, that would be helpful :)
I can be found on BlockySurvival (admin).

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

HAPPY NEW YEAR =(^.^)=
better late than never :P

the server felt a little lonely this week, so time to revive the forum thread and get things going :)

before complaining about others, i will start with myself:
- i finally finished the farm places around my storage room, yay~
- i continued to build Boreas Shrine in Xmas Town =(^.^)=

now about other stuff:
- the Star Gates are mostly unexplored, maybe there needs to be some hint to encourage players to find them ;)

- the location of one of the Star Gates is totally messed up by a map error. that "plateau" or whatever it used to be doesn't look like a place anyone would ever bother to explore. it needs an urgent repair.

- the abandoned builds at some Star Gate locations need an activity check, maybe they can be cleared

- speaking of activity checks, the blue teleport is a total mess :P

- the teleport to Beggar's Bay disappeared, but the signs still say that it's open

- maybe it's just me, but the growth speed of Fire Flowers doesn't match with the speed of Crystal Spikes.
my crystals are growing dayly, but my fire flowers have only spawned 2 flowers in 1 week :O
(the farms are directly next to each other and there is enough space, so it's not a matter of size or active block range)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

WhiteOwl
IRC: WhiteOwl
In-game: WhiteOwl

by WhiteOwl » Post

my username on minetest is WhiteOwl and i was wandering if i can join your server. every time i try logging on to your server it says not accepting any new users. maybe you could add me in to your server.

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

yeah like that would happen with xanadu the thing is ikari feels to threatened to let any one in anymore

firefox

by firefox » Post

Bobr wrote:yeah like that would happen with xanadu the thing is ikari feels to threatened to let any one in anymore
WhiteOwl wrote:my username on minetest is WhiteOwl and i was wandering if i can join your server. every time i try logging on to your server it says not accepting any new users. maybe you could add me in to your server.
the gates were open some time ago, so it's not always closed.
i'm not so well informed about that, but i heard that we have "controlled flood gates" now.
you may want to send a PM to TenPlus1 for a better explanation :P
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

i hate curved stairs =(>.<)=

it took me 2 hours to realize that realistic shapes don't work,
and another 2 hours to come up with this solution.
meow...
Attachments
screenshot_20170111_121946.png
screenshot_20170111_121946.png (701.94 KiB) Viewed 660 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

Time for some screenshots:
This is my home farm, which started out as a 7x7 banana shed. It's about 1k down the black path.
Grailtest is stirring ...

afflatus

by afflatus » Post

And this is my new build, which can be found just north of the emporium:

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Wow, nicely done :)

topman

by topman » Post

Never posted before, but i would like to thank everyone that has helped me since I've been on. I'm too the point were I would offer help to anyone that needs it. Thanks again! Oh and FYI i dislike quicksand(terribly).

Edit. I guess i have posted before.

firefox

by firefox » Post

the framework for the long hall in Boreas Shrine

✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

afflatus

by afflatus » Post

The Roller Ghoster is ready if anyone wants to try it out. This is just north of the Emporium - just follow the pink road until it runs out. I think I made the sign big enough. Comments and suggestions welcome. Not recommended for those of a nervous disposition or the faint of heart ;-)

Edit: coords -2700,15,800
Last edited by afflatus on Thu Jan 26, 2017 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

firefox

by firefox » Post

afflatus wrote:Image

The Roller Ghoster is ready if anyone wants to try it out. This is just north of the Emporium - just follow the pink road until it runs out. I think I made the sign big enough. Comments and suggestions welcome. Not recommended for those of a nervous disposition or the faint of heart ;-)
great, i did multiple rounds =(^.^)=
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

afflatus wrote:The Roller Ghoster is ready if anyone wants to try it out.
Good job, its too bad carts don't change the player orientation to match direction. And nice place next to the roller ghoster.

kano
In-game: kano

by kano » Post

hello,we have a problem with a player,i need some mod or an admin who speak spanish for tell the problem more better.my english is poor,please,before ill lost my account

thank you

teneighty
In-game: teneighty

by teneighty » Post

Finished some infrastructure on the other side of the stargate

An interesting spot, now more accessible

ufa

by ufa » Post

Hi,
I saw that some inactive accounts were wiped out.
Is it possible to re-enable 2 of them? They used to play with me.
I'm still an active player btw

Miguu
IRC: Miguu
In-game: Miguu

BUG: Instant and unexplained deaths

by Miguu » Post

I need help:
When I connect to the server (and go 3 times that happens), I die instantly without anyone or anything doing anything to me, and for long periods of time I can not move and do not load things, I do not see anything; Today when trying to enter the server, I appeared in the "punishment room" under the spawn, I do not know why; I try to talk through the chat, but it seems that nobody hears me (or they do not see me), I also do not see the conversations of the chat, and when passing next to me, it seems that they do not see to me, as if it were invisible. I need help, because I do not know what is happening and I have lost many things in those strange inexplicable and instantaneous deaths.
Wherever they were they always remembered that the past was a lie, that memory had no way back, that every ancient spring was unrecoverable, and that the most foolish and tenacious love was in any case an ephemeral truth
-"One Hundred Years of Solitude"

firefox

Re: BUG: Instant and unexplained deaths

by firefox » Post

Miguu wrote:I need help:
When I connect to the server (and go 3 times that happens), I die instantly without anyone or anything doing anything to me, and for long periods of time I can not move and do not load things, I do not see anything; Today when trying to enter the server, I appeared in the "punishment room" under the spawn, I do not know why; I try to talk through the chat, but it seems that nobody hears me (or they do not see me), I also do not see the conversations of the chat, and when passing next to me, it seems that they do not see to me, as if it were invisible. I need help, because I do not know what is happening and I have lost many things in those strange inexplicable and instantaneous deaths.
there is no "punishment room" under the spawn.
that is the place with the 0,0,0 coordinates. every player gets there on log-in and is then transported to spawn or their last location when they logout.
sometimes, when the lag factor is high, this will take longer and players are stuck there.
to prevent death from suffocation, that place was holed out to a nicely decorated room.
there are also signs on the wall explaining the situation. even if the visible text does not load, you can read them by pointing at them.
just wait a little and you will get out of there.
=(^.^)=

if you die, your screen should display the death message and show the respawn button.
clicking it will revive you at spawn or the last bed you slept in.
if this is not the case, you didn't die.
what you described sounds more like the "waiting room".

did this happen at different times or on the same day?
durig the last week, the server was lag-free and apparently there were no problems.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

ufa

by ufa » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Any account that has been /limited will have all privs revoked and that account cannot log back into server anymore, so I'll check your account and see what privs you do have and what you may be missing ( what is your name on server ? ).
Hi Ten,
can you restore dragoa and nature_dragon? I believe that they were wrong limited.

afflatus

by afflatus » Post

What version client are you using Miguu? Your player is failing to properly emerge into the world. This might not have anything to do with the server and I guess is a problem with your client. Underspawning could also be a result of lag in your connection.

Miguu

by Miguu » Post

firefox wrote:
there is no "punishment room" under the spawn.
that is the place with the 0,0,0 coordinates. every player gets there on log-in and is then transported to spawn or their last location when they logout.
sometimes, when the lag factor is high, this will take longer and players are stuck there.
to prevent death from suffocation, that place was holed out to a nicely decorated room.
there are also signs on the wall explaining the situation. even if the visible text does not load, you can read them by pointing at them.
just wait a little and you will get out of there.
=(^.^)=

if you die, your screen should display the death message and show the respawn button.
clicking it will revive you at spawn or the last bed you slept in.
if this is not the case, you didn't die.
what you described sounds more like the "waiting room".

did this happen at different times or on the same day?
durig the last week, the server was lag-free and apparently there were no problems.
Yes, firefox, That happened in different days, and yes I died, because a message appeared in the chat that indicated it, I appeared in the last place where I slept, but I lost my things.
Wherever they were they always remembered that the past was a lie, that memory had no way back, that every ancient spring was unrecoverable, and that the most foolish and tenacious love was in any case an ephemeral truth

Miguu

by Miguu » Post

afflatus wrote:
What version client are you using Miguu? Your player is failing to properly emerge into the world. This might not have anything to do with the server and I guess is a problem with your client. Underspawning could also be a result of lag in your connection.
I use the latest version of Minetest, if that's what you mean.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

latest stable (0.4.15 of several weeks ago) or
latest dev (possibly only some hours old)
?

Miguu

by Miguu » Post

The Minetest version I use is 0.4.15