[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

u19503

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.8.0]

by u19503 » Post

Model mapping fixes will be put here https://github.com/22i/minecraft-voxel-blender-models

u19503

by u19503 » Post

purpur pillar shuld rotate on place like tree nodes

u19503

by u19503 » Post

Here I have some more stuff

You should not be able to brake blocks in creative if you hold a sword

The fern color is not close to the normal grass color

Ice shuld melt into a water source if it's in artificial light (touch glowstone) packed ice shuld not!

Melons shuld not rotate on place

Pumpkin drops if broken in creative

Walking on soul sand needs to be slower

Slabs shuld not be able to be placed on the side of a wall only on the floor and roof

u19503

by u19503 » Post

Also redstone doesent look right it shuld look like this you can probably use the same code the rails use to connect the textures

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

Best way to beta test: play survival mode, also did you fix the tree punching being faster than stone axes

SantX27
GitHub: SantX27
IRC: SantX27
In-game: SantX27

by SantX27 » Post

I played this with some friends and the really strange thing is sleeping standing up with legs trespassing bed texture, please Wuzzy fix that
P.S Can you keep the crafting help? Some of my friends never played MC and they can't make a single thing without it
SantX27
"If you eat spaghetti, you will never forgetti."

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Your comments have been received and I agree with almost everything.
Slabs shuld not be able to be placed on the side of a wall only on the floor and roof
That's quite a relief! This would make things a lot easier.
Best way to beta test: play survival mode, also did you fix the tree punching being faster than stone axes
Yeah, I should definitely play my own game xD. Most of the testing happens in creative mode at the moment.
Also, I am still very busy in cleaning up code in this subgame, there is still so much chaos. Mostly boring stuff, but it needs to be done. But yeah, I think I should priotize the core gameplay stuff more after this.
I am very aware that digging times are very unbalanced at the moment. Getting the digging times of all blocks right will also take a lot of time, I'm not sure when I start doing this.
the really strange thing is sleeping standing up with legs trespassing bed texture
Thanks for reporting. The bed mod I use is probably very old, almost legacy. Hint: This is not the only bug about the bed. ;-)
I guess I just throw out the bed mod completely and replace it with the beds mod from Minetest Game, it seems to be much more reliable and up-to-date.
P.S Can you keep the crafting help? Some of my friends never played MC and they can't make a single thing without it
Of course! The crafting guide is now a core feature of MineClone 2 and will not be removed, only improved.
IMO a crafting guide is really a “no brainer” feature, because without it the game is (as you say) mostly unplayable unless you have hours to spare clicking through wiki pages. Many other subgames for Minetest already include a crafting guide, so it's almost a de-facto standard in the Minetest community. :-)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem Minecraft has a crafting guide or anything like that. If true, this is a very, very stupid design failure. Did they really think the player can just guess all of the crafting recipes?
Also redstone doesent look right
This is just the texture from the Faithful 1.11 resource pack. Complain to the authors who made this resource pack instead. ;-)

SantX27

by SantX27 » Post

Wuzzy wrote: Of course! The crafting guide is now a core feature of MineClone 2 and will not be removed, only improved.
IMO a crafting guide is really a “no brainer” feature, because without it the game is (as you say) mostly unplayable unless you have hours to spare clicking through wiki pages. Many other subgames for Minetest already include a crafting guide, so it's almost a de-facto standard in the Minetest community. :-)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem Minecraft has a crafting guide or anything like that. If true, this is a very, very stupid design failure. Did they really think the player can just guess all of the crafting recipes?
You're right, MC doesn't have a crafting recipe, you can get it using third-party mods running on Forge, which is slow as a snail.
Anyways, there are some bugs in farming. First, the drops are too randomish, usually starting from 1, and in MC this happens once in (insert here an enormous number). Second, the hoed dirt doesn't "turn back to normal" either when the player jumps on it or there isn't a water source. Third, the plants are unaffected by explosions, leaving them floating mid-air. Final bug on farming, the sapling should only be put on dirt (or dirt with grass), not sand.
Also the ores are disposed in MT style, in MC ores are in chunks, like a big vein of coal.
I also forget saying coal ore, in MC, drops more than 1 piece of coal.
And, torches in MC have a big radius of light compared to the one you're using now.
(This is what I call extensive-bug reporting, LOL)
SantX27

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

SantX27 wrote: Anyways, there are some bugs in farming. First, the drops are too randomish, usually starting from 1, and in MC this happens once in (insert here an enormous number).
Well, as long I don't have exact probabilities, it is probably hard to recreate exactly. :-/
SantX27 wrote:Second, the hoed dirt doesn't "turn back to normal" either when the player jumps on it or there isn't a water source. Third, the plants are unaffected by explosions, leaving them floating mid-air.
Final bug on farming, the sapling should only be put on dirt (or dirt with grass), not sand.
Yeah, a lot of things can be built on things on which they aren't supposed to be placed on. I'm working on improving all the blocks, one block at a time. I need to look into the floating plants thing, this sounds funny. xD

Some blocks you find are nothing more than dummies or incomplete at this moment.

I have a made an OpenDocument spreadsheet (openable with LibreOffice and the like) on which I put the current completion status of all blocks and items, I think it might interest you:

http://playmaniax.free.fr/MCL2_completion_tables.ods

Also the ores are disposed in MT style, in MC ores are in chunks, like a big vein of coal.
Mapgen stuff will be done later. Current priorities are getting the basics right and adding all the important blocks and items.
I also forget saying coal ore, in MC, drops more than 1 piece of coal.
The Minecraft Wiki disagrees with you. I use the Minecraft Wiki as a reference.
Note: The goal of development is Minecraft 1.11, PC edition, not some ancient indev version.
If you're playing a different version, then this may be the reason.
And, torches in MC have a big radius of light compared to the one you're using now.
You're right, in Minecraft the light level is 15, while in MineClone it is only 14. 14 is currently the largest light level possible in Minetest. But the light radius appears to be much smaller because in Minetest the light visually drops of very fast. There's not much I can do about it at the moment. Try to disable smooth lighting, then you will see that the real radius.

daufinsyd
GitHub: daufinsyd
In-game: daufinsyd

by daufinsyd » Post

Your subgame is amazing! :D
It really looks like minecraft (more or less) and it's the first subgame which has many good looking mobs, although there is still a lot to do.

A little question, is Mineclone 2 intended to be a pure clone of minecraft or are you open to extra features ?

I cloned you repo and added a new mob (blaze) : https://gitlab.com/daufinsyd/MineClone2/tree/blaze
(I took the blend file from https://github.com/22i/minecraft-voxel-blender-models and adapt your mobs_mc/ghast.lua to match with minecraft's blaze features (but not sure for the velocity, ...)).

If you're ok then I would like to continue adding the missing mobs.

BTW I attached the patch

And thanks for your subgame ;-)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

A little question, is MineClone 2 intended to be a pure clone of minecraft or are you open to extra features ?
In gameplay, I try to stay faithful to the original, at least as good as I can. For instance, no mobs, items, blocks or other things will be added which don't exist in Minecraft. Every inconsistent part of gameplay will be considered a bug. E.g. if the drops of a block differ, it's a bug.

About the GUI and usability, I will be much less strict. I try to stay roughly faithful to the original look and feel, but I don't go crazy about it either. So if maybe the chat is in a different position or the HUD is not pixel-perfectly the same, I may accept it. I try to more care about MineClone 2's usability in itself.

Usability-improving features will be added, no matter if they exist in Minecraft or not.
Currently, MineClone 2 has a built-in crafting guide simply because I consider it to be a VERY important feature.
I also plan to add a full-blown in-game help system (namely: the Help modpack) when things have more or less stabilized.
I stick with Minecraft's crafting system (although I think it's terrible) because that's what players are used to

I'm probably open to other ideas regarding usability, as long they don't alter the gameplay in a way.

Finally, I try to make the subgame in such a way that it will be very easy to add mods for. Similar to Minetest Game.

Thanks for your branch, but I don't want to include this code at this stage. Have you tested your own code? First, the file names are incorrect, and when I tried to convert it to a .x file on my own, the blaze was too small and wasn't animated. Also, where do the sounds come from? If you improve your branch to fix these issues, I might include it.

daufinsyd
GitHub: daufinsyd
In-game: daufinsyd

by daufinsyd » Post

Thanks for your response.

Indeed I forgot to push the changes, I guess I'd better go to sleep. That's done.
I tested it and it works (animation, texture, size and sound, although there is no smoke at the moment).

I made the sounds myself (thanks to audacity), the hurt sound is under the Creative Commons License https://freesound.org/people/thefilmbak ... ds/137836/. Also I'm not sure where and how write the licenses.

I used b3d since users on the forum said it was more stable and worked better for Linux.

Wuzzy

Version 0.9.0

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.9.0 has the following changes:
  • Flower pots (based on [flowerpots])
  • Concrete powder in 16 colors. They fall like sand (Minecraft snapshot: 17w06a)
  • Concrete in 16 very solid colors. Created when concrete powder meets water (Minecraft snapshot: 17w06a)
  • Replace beds mod with new version from Minetest Game 0.4.15. This fixes some, but not all of the bugs about beds
  • Rework sounds for doors, fence gates and trapdoors (Minetest Game style)
  • Simplified trapdoor selection box
  • Info file for contributors: http://repo.or.cz/MineClone/MineClone2. ... IBUTING.md
  • Write down Minetest engine limitations in text file
  • Purpur pillar is now rotatable
  • Fix items not being dropped from workbench after closing form (in Creative Mode)
  • Fix annoying automatic furnace rotation
  • Command blocks can now be broken in creative mode
  • Remove double tallgrass, it was too buggy
  • Bone meal no longer makes sugar cane and cacti grow
  • Bone meal is no longer consumed in creative mode
  • More mod and item reorganizaions which again break existing worlds (unknown node bugs). Sorry, this is going to repeat in the next versions for a while, I am still cleaning up the trash.

daufinsyd's mob is not merged yet, I will look into that again soon (I hope).

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.9.0]

by GreenXenith » Post

Yippee!
Hopefully 0.10.0 has the terracotta! :D
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

SantX27

by SantX27 » Post

There's an annoying bug preventing 2 or more players play far away from each other
When this happens, everytime, you can't dig, pick up items or get rekted by a CloneCreeper.

Also, sometimes these bad guys show up
The first error usually freezes all mobs(including drops) in an area.
Hope this helps in some way↓

Colored glass(with glass panes) are a bit slow on loading.
And, where's dat cooked delicious porkchop?!
Oh, mcresconvert works like a charm here. (I don't like much Faithful)
SantX27

u19503

by u19503 » Post

redstone color and shape is not correct
this is what redstone shuld look like

http://i.imgur.com/mZLytb0.png

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

toby109tt wrote:redstone color and shape is not correct

I can't help but notice you keep spelling "should" wrong. S-H-O-U-L-D not S-H-U-L-D.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

GreenDimond wrote:

I can't help but notice you keep spelling "should" wrong. S-H-O-U-L-D not S-H-U-L-D.
Sorry :/

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

toby109tt wrote:
GreenDimond wrote:

Sorry :/
Sorry if I offended you. It was just bugging me.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

I'm not offended XD

serp
In-game: serp

by serp » Post

I have installed this game and am running it successfully. The whole world seem to be generated with default_stone blocks with the occasional cobblestone and mossy_cobblestone. I've cleared the maps directory and regenerated again a few times with the same result.

I am in creative mode and I can put down other blocks like default_grass. Just everything originally generated is mostly all stone.

I'm fairly new to minetest so maybe there is something obvious I'm missing. Or maybe that's intentional and you are to build your own lands. Just wanted to check in and see if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm on the latest versions of the engine and game from git.

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Make sure you are using v6 generator.

serp
In-game: serp

by serp » Post

GreenDimond wrote:Make sure you are using v6 generator.
Thank you that fixed everything.

Wuzzy

Version 0.10.0 (now with release celebration screenshot!)

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.10.0 is there!

Changelog:
  • New block: Droppers: Drops items or puts them into containers when powered
  • New block: Dispensers: Dispenses items when powered. There are tons of uses: It shoots arrows, snowballs, eggs, spawns spawn eggs, applies bone meal, puts on armor, uses buckets, places boats, minecarts, pumpkins, shulker boxes, heads, uses flint and steel to make fire, places and ignites TNT and drops all other items.
  • New mob: Blaze (thx to daufinsyd and all others who have contributed to this over the flow of time)
  • Major hopper rework: Hoppers now be more reliable in taking and putting items and should be slightly more efficient
  • Important bug fixes in mobs spawning; mobs which didn't spawn before should now spawn
  • Buckets can now stack up to 16
  • Complete overhaul of dropped items: Players should attract them much more smoothly and are now much more reliable when floating in water
  • Crafting guide now shows how to repair
  • Crafting guide convenience function: Click on same item icon to cycle through alternatives
  • Crafting guide: Less “technical” tooltips for group-based craftings
  • Eat with rightclick
  • Awesome eating sound (borrowed from VoxBox)
  • Eating has a simple particle effect (borrowed from VoxBox)
  • Milk and soups now make a drinking sound when used
  • Fix armor stand entity being destroyable and weird
  • Daylight sensors are now solid and can be walked upon
  • Tweak minor graphical effects here and there
  • Fix bow sometimes not react to rightclick (bows need major rework anyway)
  • New textures: Powered rail, gravel
  • Porkchop can now be cooked
  • Add missing fuels: Bookshelf, chest, wooden slab, saplings
  • Stained glass panes now have semi-transparency
  • Another major mod reorganization. There are so many mods, I put them all into a modpack hierarchy. Yeah, I'm going crazy. Call me “breaker of worlds”. But I think it will be worth in the long run.
  • Many changes to what will become an API in future and I am too lazy to document it right now. :P
This update breaks your worlds once again, as promised. xD Call me “breaker of worlds”. XD
But I think I have moved all the important stuff into the correct mods and are now mostly happy with the structure of MineClone 2. I hope I can now stop breaking worls in future releases, or at least I don't do it so extremely. xD
From now on, I try to maintain backwards-compability where possible. But I don't guarantee no breakage for 100% yet.

Replies!
redstone color and shape is not correct
Well, this is just what the resource pack “Faithful 1.11” looks like.
There's an annoying bug preventing 2 or more players play far away from each other
It appears this is a serious bug in Minetest itself, but I should still look into this issue. Because it is really bad.
If you look around in recent threads around here, you might find answers.
Hopefully 0.10.0 has the terracotta! :D
Nope. Sorry. :-(
The terracotta will be added as soon as Faithful 1.11 / Faithful 1.12 has textures for all the blocks. So we all have to be patient.

Jaen
In-game: Jaen

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.10.0]

by Jaen » Post

Great work so far, Wuzzy. I play a lot of vanilla Minecraft Realms and I must say MineClone2 is the best MC for MT clone I've tested out. Looking forward to your updates on this.

There is a few minor things that bug me though, that I hope you'll adjust. When farming near a water source, it should wet the land four spaces from the water source, currently it only wets three.

Also I noticed the food bar in MineClone2 currently decreases from right to left, however in Minecraft it decreases left to right.

Just a few minor annoyances but still testing your subgame. Keep the updates coming! :)