After learning the lessons from my ill-fated server in March 2015, as well as the overuse of experimental mods with The Terrarium, with the help of the people at #minetest, I started a new server in the Terrarium's place, "THE CREATIVE GARDENS".
Name: THE CREATIVE GARDENS
Location: Newark, NJ
OpenNIC: creativegardens.dyn, port 53000
Namecoin: creativegardens.bit, port 53000
The server is inspired by vitaminx's "FREE PIZZA SERVER", and very similar to my previous servers, but with a few differences:
* It is not a full mod, but instead uses various mods as addons.
* Creative Mode server
* There is no damage
* Uses plantlife, moretrees, tiny_trees, vines, and farming redo, resulting in massive amounts and types of flora and fauna.
* (Changed January 2017) The animals found in mobs redo are present. They are non-violent, and you can kill them at any time for the associated rewards. The fish (not any other animals) from mobs_water are also present.
* (Changed!) Heavy emphasis on "official" travelnets. These are the Commercial Turnpike (landmarks such as the TV station), the Rural Turnpike (smaller, less settled areas), and the Residential Turnpike (towns, estates, and users' homes). If I'm online, I can add your landmark, territory, or home to the Turnpikes.
* Protection from lava and fire
* Users may /spawn (into Spawn Town), /teleport, /sethome, and /home
* unified_inventory_lite is used to avoid crashing on mobile devices.
Unfortunately everyone who built stuff for The Terrarium (October 2015-February 2016) will now have to rebuild it. But fortunately, buggy and problematic mods have been removed, including those like experimental mapgen and pipeworks which cannot be safely removed after they are used.
Rule #1: Be nice
Rule #2: No hacking
Rule #3: No griefing
Rule #4: No impersonation
Rule #5: No bugging
Rule #6: No simulation of sexual acts
Rule #7: No sexual advances
Rule #8: No recruiting for discussions outside of Minetest (IM, Skype, etc). Public IRC channels are OK.
Have fun and let me know what you think!
Last edited by redblade7
on Fri Jan 06, 2017 05:31, edited 22 times in total.