[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

Jaen
In-game: Jaen

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.11.0]

by Jaen » Post

Updating to the latest git fixed my furnace texture problem, thanks :)

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

What sofar said.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Jaen wrote: 4.) MineClone2 torches seem dimmer than Minecraft torches when lighting up areas.
This is just how Minetest's lighting works, I can't really do much about it.
7.) With squids now in game, can the temporary coal to ink sac be removed from crafting?
Done.

So, here's a couple things I noticed when trying this out. Was a bit skeptic at first, but with v0.11.0 things are getting better.

Villages often are generated in the air
Health regenerates way too fast
Villages almost immediately burn down due to lava in the blacksmith building
Sometimes I get showered with CONTENT_IGNORE errors (trying to place an invalid block)
..and sprint is REALLY needed

What I'd recommend you do for sprinting until you get an actually good sprinting mod in place is just set the speed in the subgame configuration file. Anyways, still, great for.
Maybe you just need to update to the latest version, and start a new world. Villages don't generate anymore since a LONG time because they were buggy as hell. Also, I haven't seen CONTENT_IGNORE bugs since long. If you still see one, post a screenshot with debug screen on.
Yes, health regen is very fast at full food leve, maybe I misunderstood the Minecraft Wiki.
There's a sprinting mod present but it seems to be broken. Maybe it's in double-tap mode. I guess I just need to replace this mod.

On the other hand, the player speed is already overwritten by the soul sand, so I first have to be able to deal with multiple player physics, and than use that one to handle sprinting.
Such a “player physics” API is badly needed anyways, so I guess a new mod will arise from this.

Jaen

by Jaen » Post

How does the bow and arrow mod work? I can't seem to shoot arrows.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Wuzzy wrote: Yes, health regen is very fast at full food leve, maybe I misunderstood the Minecraft Wiki.
no no, at full food bar, helth regen very fast >>> if in easy or normal.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

Maybe a minetest.conf setting for difficulty

Wuzzy

Version 0.12.0: The Sprint Update

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.12.0 (“The Sprint Update”) is here!

Changes:
  • Simple sprinting system. Hold down the “Use” key ([E] by default to sprint 30% faster when you have at least 7/20 hunger points. Does not lower hunger yet
  • Complete update of furnace mod. Now has a much better formspec with a progress arrow
  • Major overhaul of bow and arrows: Now with varying arrow speed and damage, and arrows can now be anywhere in inventory to be used. Bow are still very incomplete, however
  • For programmers: Add API documentation for adding fences, fence gates, walls and more. Check out API.md to learn more!
  • Sideway hoppers now put fuels into furnaces instead of the smelting slot
  • Beds now have Minecraft-like sleeping times
  • Ink sacs can no longer be crafted
  • Rain extinguishes fire
  • Lighning creates fire
Bugfixes:
  • It was possible to collect spawn eggs by rightclicking or punching a few certain mobs after taming
  • Fix many bugs with the weird sky coloring and weather
  • Redstone torch was called “Mesecon Torch”
  • Glass panes and barriers now drop nothing
  • Signs were able to destroy other block when building them in a clever way
  • Fix arrows facing the wrong direction
  • Clicking compass in crafting recipe of crafting guide did not work
  • Igniting TNT near the void caused void items to be dropped and the void to be destroyed. Very very weird. This is no longer possible

EDIT: Version 0.12.1. This update fixes an annoying texture bug with the furnace. If you somehow still have an ugly/broken furnace inventory screen, just dig the furnace and place it again, this should definitely fix it for you.

Jaen

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.12.1]

by Jaen » Post

Endermen should be damaged by water, as well as rain and will teleport away when they take damage from any of these. Endermen should not be able to swim in water. When teleporting, for each attempt a random destination is chosen within 32 blocks along each axis.

I know you are focusing mostly on other things but just posting this here as I find things so I don't forget to mention them later. No rush. Saw my first Enderman in MineClone2, tonight :)

Jaen

by Jaen » Post

After testing git update "Fix chicken, cow and sheep not dropping food", chickens and cows do drop raw meat now, however sheep still only drop wool. I ran around and killed 25 sheep, wool drop every time, no meat.

Also at one point, I was chased by a pack of 4 wolves for no reason. A wolf should be neutral to the player unless the player attacks a wolf. Additionally, wolves are always hostile to rabbits, sheep and skeletons.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Thank you so far. Please post future bug reports here, if you can:
https://github.com/Wuzzy2/MineClone2-Bugs/issues

PS: Sheep now finally drop raw mutton!

issa

by issa » Post

goo job man

keep going !!!

turtleman
IRC: turtleman_
In-game: Traveler

by turtleman » Post

Are there any skin mods compatible with this game? I am thinking of running a public server of MineClone in the future.

Bu_Gee
GitHub: Bu-Gee
In-game: Bu_Gee

by Bu_Gee » Post

Hey Wuzzy,

I didn't want to report this as a bug because I don't really know what is causing it and it appears to be transient.

This morning I did a GIT pull up to the HUD update and when I first started, the lag made the game borderline unplayable. But I still played for a while and after I took a 10 minute break, the lag was gone.

I don't know if you've experienced anything similar to this. I'd be happy to try and help you track it down if you can tell me what information you need from me.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

wuzzy i made a letsplay (its my first ever letsplay you can see it XD) theres a copple problems i found maybe there useful also sorry for the bad quality and sorry for my crap voice and pc XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO0SxAH ... e=youtu.be

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I don't know if any skin mods are compatible with this game. Probably not if they aren't specifically tailored towards MineClone 2. I didn't care about the player model so far.

I have not yet figured out the reason for your weird lag, Bu_Gee. If you experience this bug not just once, but multiple times, take a look in your Minetest log file as long as the lag goes and paste it into this thread. Maybe I'll find something. But first I'm not even sure it is a problem in MineClone 2.

I will look at the video later. I appreciate any feedback I can get. :-)

Status report:
I have been fighting about getting those stinking digging times correct for a couple of days now. The digging times were all over the place and not at all Minecraft-like.
Yesterday and today I finally made important progress. Getting the digging times to be exactly like in Minecraft is actually quite difficult. But I think I'm past the difficult parts now. :-)

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

Wuzzy, if you're ignoring my comments about 32px vs 16px, can you at least somehow work with me on getting `mcresconvert` to make an acceptable conversion so that I can myself use a texture pack to skin this subgame to 16px? thanks. I'm sure more people would prefer to have a method of generating a classic 16px pack too.

On top of that, it would be nice if we could get other nice texturepacks like others that mcresconvert converts so well to apply properly to this subgame.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

sofar wrote:Wuzzy, if you're ignoring my comments about 32px vs 16px, can you at least somehow work with me on getting `mcresconvert` to make an acceptable conversion so that I can myself use a texture pack to skin this subgame to 16px? thanks. I'm sure more people would prefer to have a method of generating a classic 16px pack too.

On top of that, it would be nice if we could get other nice texturepacks like others that mcresconvert converts so well to apply properly to this subgame.
https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/4468

If this gets added you will be able to open any Minecraft texturepack without even having to convert it

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

toby109tt wrote:https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/4468

If this gets added you will be able to open any Minecraft texturepack without even having to convert it
No, that doesn't work because minecraft uses the same file name multiple times.

e.g. "reeds.png" exists several times in a MC texture pack. And if 4468 gets added, the inventory item would randomly look like the block and vice versa.

Plus many blocks still need some form of compositing or coloring.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

sofar wrote:
toby109tt wrote:https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/4468

No, that doesn't work because minecraft uses the same file name multiple times.

e.g. "reeds.png" exists several times in a MC texture pack. And if 4468 gets added, the inventory item would randomly look like the block and vice versa.

Plus many blocks still need some form of compositing or coloring.
Oh yeah I forgot about those things

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I did not ignore your 32px comment, I have agreed to it 100%.
But I just haven't found a good 16×16px texture pack so far. This is why nothing happened. :-/

If anyone can name me (just NAME me) a good eligible kinda Minecraft-like (if possible) and free (as in freedom!) alternative, I will work to fix this. But not before the next release. No rush. :-) I was just too lazy to look for one myself. :P

I think getting the default textures right has a higher priority than support for custom texture packs (which are also important, but not as much). I also agree that texture pack support would be sweet. Support for MC texture pack is a late goal.

I tried to keep the original textures unchanged, but this was sadly not always possible, either because of different mob models (and texture mappings) or of colorization. Most textures can be made compatible just by renaming.

I could look in future into cleaning up a few textures with weird file names so that these are less confusing. I tried to stick to the naming scheme <mod_name>_<original_minecraft_texture_name>.png, unless an existing mod already offers an equivalent texture (e.g. Minetest Game sand: default_sand.png). This exception has been done to minimize the amount of different names for the same things.
But I think most textures are already OK. I have no idea what you need for mcresconvert, and I never used this tool. Just ask me what kind of information or whatever you need.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

you want the best? then Pixel perfection!

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:you want the best? then Pixel perfection!
yeah but it's a significant style departure from the classic look.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

i don't think so...

EDIT: a new better pack: UNITY 16x

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:i don't think so...

EDIT: a new better pack: UNITY 16x
NC, and it probably violates MC copyrights, and it's actually not 16px.

So I doubt Wuzzy would pick that. I'd advise him not to.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

Well me and Lipki are thinking about making a Summerfields 16x16 wuld that be interesting?