I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by BBmine » Post

FYI, freedom of speech is NOT allowed on here.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

BBmine wrote:FYI, freedom of speech is NOT allowed on here.
Correct to a degree. It depends on what you have to say, and if your audience is receptive to what it is.
And as you know FULL WELL.... your "speech" isn't why you-- I mean your alt was banned. We banned the alt, unfortunate for you the alt has the same IP as yours.

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

Of course it isn't! Hate speech is not allowed, racist speech is not allowed, sexual talk is not allowed...and you shoving your religious beliefs down the throats of other players, telling them to "read the bible because they are sinning, and Jesus loves them, etc," is absolutely uncalled for. Players complained, you kept doing it, I told you to stop, you flat out said "NO," so your SHOUT was revoked for 24 hours. You were not banned for this, you temporarily lost SHOUT.

This server is NOT your platform for preaching your religious beliefs. If you want to do that, do it on your own server. We will not tolerate you telling other players they are wrong for being Muslim or Jewish or even Atheist. ALL religious beliefs are respected on this server, just like ALL genders, ethnic backgrounds, and sexual orientations are respected. This is an ongoing problem for you, apparently... as I have witnessed you telling another player you want to help them "get right in the head" regarding their gender. IT IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS OR RIGHT TO DO SO.

You were BANNED because your ALT was on the server, impersonating staff. You know this FULL WELL, yet you continue to lie and spread drama. I think you are deliberately trying to break every rule on this server so you can whine and complain and get attention when you have repercussions for your actions. The amount of time I have spent this week on "Baggins related" issues is stupid, and I have an opinion about whether or not your IP should be permabanned. However, ExeterDad and I need to discuss this with the moderators, you cause drama and extra work for them as well, and they have a vote in this.
Last edited by Kibbie on Fri Mar 03, 2017 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

RealGoldenHart
GitHub: GoldenHart
IRC: GoldenHart
In-game: GoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Post

Since when has freedom of speech meant pummel other users into following your religion? Out side of this, you were told by me and by other players to stop. You didnt, and you had shout removed for 24 hrs, which in my opinion was a lenient punishment for the way you treated the server yesterday.
K. I'm bored with signatures.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

"Freedom of Speech" was never intended to give anyone the right or power, to use it to trample the rights of others.

And freedom of speech does not exist on "private property". That is when, the owner's rights prevail.

This is something many people in society seem unable to understand.
Just because we have "rights", does not give people the right to abuse them, nor morph them into whatever suites their needs or agenda.

I probably should not have even chimed in on this but, this is one of the biggest issues I have with society as a whole, so I felt I might exercise my own "Freedom of Speech" for this brief moment.

I take no side in this precise event, as I know nothing about what took place, aside from what I have read.
A Wonderful World

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

I just joined this server for a few minutes today, and wow, it looks amazing! I may even record a few videos here, though I'm undecided :D

This place is huge!
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:"Freedom of Speech" was never intended to give anyone the right or power, to use it to trample the rights of others.

And freedom of speech does not exist on "private property". That is when, the owner's rights prevail.

This is something many people in society seem unable to understand.
Just because we have "rights", does not give people the right to abuse them, nor morph them into whatever suites their needs or agenda.

I probably should not have even chimed in on this but, this is one of the biggest issues I have with society as a whole, so I felt I might exercise my own "Freedom of Speech" for this brief moment.

I take no side in this precise event, as I know nothing about what took place, aside from what I have read.
*STANDING OVATION*

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

octacian wrote:I just joined this server for a few minutes today, and wow, it looks amazing! I may even record a few videos here, though I'm undecided :D

This place is huge!
So that WAS the real Octacian on our server! Sorry for poking you. heh :D

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

I'll think about all that advice and "advice" while I try to make mods with blender.

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

octacian wrote:I just joined this server for a few minutes today, and wow, it looks amazing! I may even record a few videos here, though I'm undecided :D

This place is huge!
It truly is XD
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

HOMETOWN is a two week old newborn today!

So many things happened this week, I don't know where to start. Two seasoned and talented Minetest players have been crazy....errrr, gracious enough to join our team, so we welcomed GoldenHart and GreenDimond as our shiny new Moderators this week! They have been busy trying to build while moderating chat and answering a million questions and requests, and amazingly enough they are able to keep up! We were even fortunate enough to talk the lovely Sorcerykid into joining our staff team if she ever has a few spare moments away from running JT2. :D

*NEW* this week:
  • *GoldenHart's PvP arena just off of Hampton Road, for people who enjoy some ambiance while killing. :D
    *GreenDimond's wood shop, featuring EVERY color of wood and fencing available, and I do mean EVERY.
    *ExeterDad's new TRASHMOUTH anti-curse mod (don't even think about saying the words "cucumber" or "basement" because it will find those hidden words within and boot you, PERVERT.)
    *TNT has been added!! Maximum allowed is 99, may be detonated below -500 nodes.
    *A new pet shop has opened, for all your BUNN-EH and KITT-EH needs.
We've had many notable visitors and familiar faces, lots of new builds and drama, more drama, and also........drama. Mornings are typically a little quiet with just a handful of players and chirping birds, but if you drop by in the evening make sure you are wearing your big girl pants because it's pretty lively!

Screenshots!

Latest map shot.....growing!

HALINA's gorgeous build

eddd's posh beach house (work in progress)

Attachments
eddd.png
eddd.png (561.07 KiB) Viewed 938 times
HALINA.png
HALINA.png (803.25 KiB) Viewed 938 times
mapshot-3-4-17.png
mapshot-3-4-17.png (892.04 KiB) Viewed 938 times

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

GoldenHart's PvP Arena!

Sky_Fall_II's cutest little farm in HOMETOWN

kievski's unique gardens and landscaping

Thanks for looking, and for being part of the fun!

*COMING SOON*

Furniture store
*Possibly* some kind of teleportation for those who have expressed interest in creating large cities
Attachments
kievski.png
kievski.png (698.13 KiB) Viewed 938 times
Sky_Fall_II.png
Sky_Fall_II.png (760.46 KiB) Viewed 938 times
GoldenHartArena.png
GoldenHartArena.png (580.33 KiB) Viewed 938 times

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

Almost forgot!

GreenDimond's epic wood store! (Epic because the poor guy had to figure out the item string for every single shade of wood available. Every. Single. Shade.)

I was trying to get a screenshot of the church to show a comparison with the actual building, but I had a couple of players who were photobombing. So what the heck, I just called in a few more players for a group selfie. :D

I never did get that comparison shot, but here's the real building anyway. Maybe some of our HOMETOWN citizens will recognize it. :)

Attachments
congregational.JPG
congregational.JPG (45.09 KiB) Viewed 938 times
groupselfie.png
groupselfie.png (419.34 KiB) Viewed 938 times
GreenDimondShop.png
GreenDimondShop.png (588.57 KiB) Viewed 938 times

RealGoldenHart
GitHub: GoldenHart
IRC: GoldenHart
In-game: GoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Post

Thanks for showing off my build @Kibbie. You make me sound like an important player. HAPPY 2 WEEK BIRTHDAY HOMETOWN! :)
K. I'm bored with signatures.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Glad to be a part of the team Kibbie, and thanks for the warm welcome :D

Hopefully, I'll be settled into HOMETOWN very soon. Thanks for the great server!

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Kibbie wrote:I never did get that comparison shot, but here's the real building anyway. Maybe some of our HOMETOWN citizens will recognize it. :)

... been there. : )
A Wonderful World

bigfoot
GitHub: bigfoot547
IRC: bigfoot547 or bigfoot
In-game: bigfoot547 or bigfoot

by bigfoot » Post

Hey ExeterDad! Would it be a good idea to get the morecommands mod for your server?
I would love to have made a mod that people use!
Thank you for considering!

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

One of the best spawns I've seen, very nice place, nice seed.

I have few suggestions:
+ instead of zcg crafting guide (60 pages without search, good luck) use this https://github.com/minetest-mods/craftguide (it is a book and a PC with crafting, that also has search and much easier to use).
+ kill message coordinates do not need that much numbers after point, you can format them to whole numbers :)
+ river at -131 x -200, ugly builds right on top of river, I have no idea why people build like that..

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Fixerol wrote:+ instead of zcg crafting guide (60 pages without search, good luck) use this https://github.com/minetest-mods/craftguide (it is a book and a PC with crafting, that also has search and much easier to use).
I started using zcg craft guide instead of the PC one because I don't like for players to have to haul around a crafting guide. Is there any that I can use for Noob Academy that has search AND is in the inventory?

NOTE: Don't expect to be able to get on Noob Academy anytime soon because the motherboard on that server is dead.

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

I've been having time to hang out here a bit more, and wow, getting to explore around more is awesome! I even used a screenshot of the spawn at night (which looks amazing, BTW), for my latest mod (SpawnPoint).

Disclaimer: I'm advertising my mod. jk, if I were I'd have put a link - not that it's that hard to find. On to what I really replied to this for.

When it comes to crafting guides, I personally think that craftguide is the best, though it does have places where it falls short. One of these such places is with technic. Since grinding and all that stuff isn't registered as "official" recipes, it is unable to display those. Personally I prefer the approach this mod uses, where you have to carry around a book. It adds a bit (but not too much) more challenge. Overall, it seems nicer and more fitting IMO.
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

octacian wrote:I've been having time to hang out here a bit more, and wow, getting to explore around more is awesome! I even used a screenshot of the spawn at night (which looks amazing, BTW), for my latest mod (SpawnPoint).

Disclaimer: I'm advertising my mod. jk, if I were I'd have put a link - not that it's that hard to find. On to what I really replied to this for.

When it comes to crafting guides, I personally think that craftguide is the best, though it does have places where it falls short. One of these such places is with technic. Since grinding and all that stuff isn't registered as "official" recipes, it is unable to display those. Personally I prefer the approach this mod uses, where you have to carry around a book. It adds a bit (but not too much) more challenge. Overall, it seems nicer and more fitting IMO.

Ok, I think I'll add craftguide back to my server and make that be a default item that people join with.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Fixerol wrote:One of the best spawns I've seen, very nice place, nice seed.
Wow! That really means a lot! Thank you! We searched long and hard for that seed. We needed a river at or about 0,0,0. Lucky for us the river we ended up with was placed perfectly as it is in the town it's based off of. Well... with the exception that most of spawn was a jungle biome that I had to recreate. We also tweaked some settings to tame the mountains a bit.
Fixerol wrote:+ instead of zcg crafting guide (60 pages without search, good luck) use this https://github.com/minetest-mods/craftguide (it is a book and a PC with crafting, that also has search and much easier to use).
+ kill message coordinates do not need that much numbers after point, you can format them to whole numbers :)
+ river at -131 x -200, ugly builds right on top of river, I have no idea why people build like that..
I totally love the crafting book, and I love the search feature. However I'm not sure the book (or sign) are how I would like the craft guide implemented. My plans are to abandon inventory plus, and move towards sfinv. I plan on displaying jp's fine craftguide in a tab rather than in the book or sign. I already have simple_skins in sfinv tab, and will be setting up a tab for armor once I'm certain they have the bug fixed. Rubenwardy's Unified inventory clone is interesting as well. I'm just slow to put it all together as sfinv documention is sparse, and working examples even sparser.
About that build... well... we can't expect everyone to build like Kibbie now can we? Let's just hope we can figure out how to keep the builds pretty without hurting feelings.

And yes... you are right about the messy pos death spam. I've been meaning to adjust that.
octacian wrote:I've been having time to hang out here a bit more, and wow, getting to explore around more is awesome! I even used a screenshot of the spawn at night (which looks amazing, BTW), for my latest mod (SpawnPoint).
Yeah I about fell over when I saw your SpawnPoint mod posted and saw a very classy banner made from our spawn. Of course I showed Kibbie right away. We were all grins.
And you shouldn't feel funny about plugging your mods. Heck I'll post the link for you!
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16923
bigfoot547 wrote:Hey ExeterDad! Would it be a good idea to get the morecommands mod for your server?
I would love to have made a mod that people use!
Thank you for considering!
I have toyed with the idea of installing your mod. But I would have to really do some editing to prevent conflicts with commands and such that I already have in place. I really want the vanishing command, but it's not skins friendly at all without some tweaking. I won't rule out installing your mod. I'm just in over my head for now with things that I want to fix or implement. Real life naturally decides to consume my time about the time we decide to launch a server lol

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ExeterDad wrote:My plans are to abandon inventory plus, and move towards sfinv. I plan on displaying jp's fine craftguide in a tab rather than in the book or sign. I already have simple_skins in sfinv tab, and will be setting up a tab for armor once I'm certain they have the bug fixed.
I think sfinv needs a lot of work done to it tho, cuz I tried to move off of inventory plus, but my skins, worldedit, craft guide, armor, and help buttons won't show up now :( Is there a setting I should change, or should I just go back to inventory plus?