~My review on MT~

_Quantum_

~My review on MT~

by _Quantum_ » Post

Graphics Quality

Now, I'm no expert on quality of graphics, but I think it they are pretty good. They do not require java (so I've been told) and MT runs fast on my laptop, which on MC it does not.
I give it a 5 out of 5 coolness rating!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Animations Quality

By animations, i mean the 3D effect level. For blocks it is okay, but i have noticed a strange thing that happens in my inventory. For instance, what in my inventory looks like 99 bricks is just 99 leaves. I give this a 3 out of 5 coolness rating.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Server

I have to say, the servers are really good! :D I'm still a bit stumped on why there are only about 5 or 6 servers. And if I want to host my own server and get it coded and everything, how am i suppose to do that? Other that all this, The servers are decent. I give a 4 out of 5 coolness rating.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Multiplayer/Singleplayer

This kind of goes along with servers, they are OK. Not bad, but not great. 4 out of 5.

Players/Mobs

I've seen a post about the players and mobs were going to be made into 3D sooner or later. The player graphic was a bit... Weird looking. But then again, it was still being changed. But as of now, the player and mob graphic is crappy. Sorry to say. :/ 2 out of 5.
:cool: :cool:

Crafting

Now here's the biggest problem. MT crafting is VERY limited. I think i heard somewhere that they would be expanding the crafting possibilities, but i'm not shure. I know I read that doors would be coming, but in the public servers none of the buildings had doors... Also as i was spelunking one fine day as i always do, I came across some redstone! :D But then I remembered redstone didn't really have a use. Other than that, crafting is just like MC. 4 out of 5.

So yeah, this is pretty much all i could think of! If you disagree with something, I would love to know!

~_QUANTUM_

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

why is this on development?

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

_Quantum_

by _Quantum_ » Post

sdzen wrote:why is this on development?
because it is about the game and has some things about how things are developing

dodomorandi

by dodomorandi » Post

I'm working on doors, but they need to be finished. As soon as I can I will send the changes to celeron55 and I hope these new features will be inserted in the mainstream.

celeron55
Administrator
GitHub: celeron55
IRC: celeron55

by celeron55 » Post

Moving this to General.

Heinrich

by Heinrich » Post

On The Linux Game Tome they have some more comments on minetest.

hmmm

by hmmm » Post

It's impossible to find redstone in minetest. That is exclusively for minecraft. You might have found iron not redstone.

Staffs

by Staffs » Post

hmmm wrote:It's impossible to find redstone in minetest. That is exclusively for minecraft. You might have found iron not redstone.
Wait who said he found redstone??
I love mods :D