Startup error

darrik

Startup error

by darrik » Post

I don't know anything about anything but I downloaded the stable 0.3.1 and ran the exe (on Windows 7) and nothing happened besides the generation of this debug text file:

Debug streams initialized, disable_stderr=1
13:16:01: ACTION[main]: minetest with SER_FMT_VER_HIGHEST=20, VER=0.3.1 RUN_IN_PLACE=1 USE_GETTEXT=0 INSTALL_PREFIX=//Vboxsvr/home-celeron55/minetest_install_win32 BUILD_TYPE=Release
13:16:01: INFO[main]: Parsing configuration file: "C:\Users\Darrik\Downloads\minetest-0.3.1-win32\bin\..\minetest.conf"
INFO: Initial run of init_mapnode with g_texturesource=NULL. If this segfaults, there is a bug with something not checking for the NULL value.
13:16:01: INFO[main]: Settings: Setting not found: "enable-unittests"
13:16:01: INFO[main]: Settings: Setting not found: "server"

Please help, thanks.

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Must be something in the minetest.conf but let the experts take care of this.
By the way next time use the code tags, like this

Code: Select all

(paste the debug)[/ code] but without the spaces, I'll even copy and paste yours
[code]Debug streams initialized, disable_stderr=1
13:16:01: ACTION[main]: minetest with SER_FMT_VER_HIGHEST=20, VER=0.3.1 RUN_IN_PLACE=1 USE_GETTEXT=0 INSTALL_PREFIX=//Vboxsvr/home-celeron55/minetest_install_win32 BUILD_TYPE=Release
13:16:01: INFO[main]: Parsing configuration file: "C:\Users\Darrik\Downloads\minetest-0.3.1-win32\bin\..\minetest.conf"
INFO: Initial run of init_mapnode with g_texturesource=NULL. If this segfaults, there is a bug with something not checking for the NULL value.
13:16:01: INFO[main]: Settings: Setting not found: "enable-unittests"
13:16:01: INFO[main]: Settings: Setting not found: "server"

celeron55
Administrator
GitHub: celeron55
IRC: celeron55

by celeron55 » Post

That debug.txt looks perfectly normal. You could try setting a different graphics backend (video_driver; http://wiki.minetest.com/wiki/Configuration_File)