[Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.13] [minetest-3d_armor]

stu
GitHub: stujones11

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.8] [minetest-3d_armor]

by stu » Post

double-post, sorry!
Last edited by stu on Fri Apr 21, 2017 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

stu

by stu » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
fireglow wrote:New Crash:

Code: Select all

ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '3d_armor' in callback luaentity_Step(): Runtime error from mod '3d_armor' in callback on_punchplayer(): ...ervers/0.4.15-4-525d2a0/bin/../builtin/common/vector.lua:9: Invalid arguments
ERROR[Main]: or vector.new()
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'assert'
ERROR[Main]:       ...ervers/0.4.15-4-525d2a0/bin/../builtin/common/vector.lua:9: in function 'new'
ERROR[Main]:       ...st/servers/0.4.15-4-525d2a0/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:428: in function 'on_punch'
ERROR[Main]:       /srv/minetest/world/worldmods/3d_armor/3d_armor/api.lua:309: in function 'punch'
ERROR[Main]:       /srv/minetest/world/worldmods/3d_armor/3d_armor/init.lua:306: in function </srv/minetest/world/worldmods/3d_armor/3d_armor/init.lua:302>
ERROR[Main]:       ...ervers/0.4.15-4-525d2a0/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function <...ervers/0.4.15-4-525d2a0/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:392>
ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'punch'
ERROR[Main]:       /srv/minetest/world/worldmods/mobs_redo/api.lua:1772: in function 'do_states'
ERROR[Main]:       /srv/minetest/world/worldmods/mobs_redo/api.lua:2380: in function </srv/minetest/world/worldmods/mobs_redo/api.lua:2273>
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'punch'
ERROR[Main]:       /srv/minetest/world/worldmods/mobs_redo/api.lua:1772: in function 'do_states'
ERROR[Main]:       /srv/minetest/world/worldmods/mobs_redo/api.lua:2380: in function </srv/minetest/world/worldmods/mobs_redo/api.lua:2273>
I have no idea what exactly happens, but the server now crashes as soon as the player enters.
According to the player, he's dying.

Edit: I'm on
commit a11b3302e17aeea80b8cfe54b8b6ad23f7c34e5
CommitDate: Wed Apr 19 21:53:13 2017 +0100
lol, someone doesn't want you playing. (No ideas for this one)
It looks like the bug is another mod, probably mobs_redo judging by the traceback. The crash occurred due to bad arguments being passed to `vector.new()`, grep tells me this function is not used anywhere in the 3d_armor mod.

fireglow
IRC: fireglow
In-game: fireglow

by fireglow » Post

Hmm, that's true!
That func is used on my server by treecapacitator and vector_extras.

stu

by stu » Post

fireglow wrote:Hmm, that's true!
That func is used on my server by treecapacitator and vector_extras.
Actually, it looks like the bug originates from the built-in scripts, here Probably some rogue `on_punchnode` registration though I would have expected the built-in scripts would validate the position before passing it to `vector.new()`

Edit: On closer inspection, I am guessing it is no coincidence that the traceback points to both node and armor `on_punch` callbacks. It looks like I am going to have to rename on_punch just to be sure it is not somehow being mixed-up with node callbacks.

stu

by stu » Post

I just made an update, `on_punch` has now been renamed to `on_punched`, please see if this helps.

ph8jPf9M
GitHub: 22i

by ph8jPf9M » Post

how can visible 3d wielded items be added to new mob models like you added shield and items to 3d_armor_character.blend?

stu

by stu » Post

ph8jPf9M wrote:how can visible 3d wielded items be added to new mob models like you added shield and items to 3d_armor_character.blend?
The .blend file is here https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... mor/models take a look for yourself. Essentially it is just multiple panels stacked very close together to give the illusion of a 3d extrusion. However, I would not recommend using this for mobs (unless very rare) due to the number of additional tris that need to be rendered. This is okay for player models because they are usually quite limited but over-using this technique could cause problems on lower end devices. IMO you would better off having a single item mesh as a separate material or object layer or even attached to your model as a `wielditem` entity.

If you have more questions then I would be grateful if you posted them in the modding discussion section, I do occasionally read them myself but there are others who could reply and the answers are more likely to benefit future modders, thanks.

stu

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.9] [minetest-3d_armor]

by stu » Post

Version update: 0.4.9
  • Code refactor and API improvements.
  • Add inventory, damage and update callbacks.
  • Add support or intllib.
  • Remove /kill and /killme commands.
  • Deprecate global config variables.
  • Add punch damage effects and reciprocal tool damage option.
  • Add minor physics penalties to metal armors.
  • Inventory compatibilty clean-up by @bell07
  • Mod defined wieldview transformations by @Wuzzy2
Thank you to everyone who contributed and helped with testing and debugging.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Cool! Thank you for putting all that work in.

stu

by stu » Post

texmex wrote:Cool! Thank you for putting all that work in.
It's nothing that has not been in git master for some time but I am hoping this will be the last release of the 0.4.x versions. I can now concentrate on improving the 'skin' support to finally reach my 0.5.0 milestone :)

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

stu wrote:Version update: 0.4.9
  • Code refactor and API improvements.
  • Add inventory, damage and update callbacks.
  • Add support or intllib.
  • Remove /kill and /killme commands.
  • Deprecate global config variables.
  • Add punch damage effects and reciprocal tool damage option.
  • Add minor physics penalties to metal armors.
  • Inventory compatibilty clean-up by @bell07
  • Mod defined wieldview transformations by @Wuzzy2
Thank you to everyone who contributed and helped with testing and debugging.
Keep up the good work!
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ratmix
In-game: ratmix

by ratmix » Post

My server crashed with the following error message:

Code: Select all

2017-05-03 08:18:18: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Lua: Runtime error from mod '3d_armor' in callback on_dieplayer(): ...minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/creative/inventory.lua:50: attempt to index local 'inv' (a nil value)
2017-05-03 08:18:18: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-05-03 08:18:18: ERROR[Main]: 	...minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/creative/inventory.lua:50: in function 'update_creative_inventory'
2017-05-03 08:18:18: ERROR[Main]: 	...minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/creative/inventory.lua:85: in function 'get_formspec'
2017-05-03 08:18:18: ERROR[Main]: 	...re/games/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/sfinv/api.lua:111: in function 'set_player_inventory_formspec'
2017-05-03 08:18:18: ERROR[Main]: 	.../minetest-3d_armor-version-0.4.9/3d_armor_sfinv/init.lua:16: in function 'func'
2017-05-03 08:18:18: ERROR[Main]: 	...me/mods/minetest-3d_armor-version-0.4.9/3d_armor/api.lua:153: in function 'run_callbacks'
2017-05-03 08:18:18: ERROR[Main]: 	...me/mods/minetest-3d_armor-version-0.4.9/3d_armor/api.lua:289: in function 'set_player_armor'
2017-05-03 08:18:18: ERROR[Main]: 	...e/mods/minetest-3d_armor-version-0.4.9/3d_armor/init.lua:267: in function <...e/mods/minetest-3d_armor-version-0.4.9/3d_armor/init.lua:253>
2017-05-03 08:18:18: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>
I am running minetest 0.4.15 on a dedicated Ubuntu server. Any idea what caused it or how to fix? Or is this a problem with the default creative mod?
King of the Hill :: Modern Warfare Server RATMIX.COM:30000 | King of the Hill Community Site

stu

by stu » Post

The error is coming from the creative mod, it is attempting to index a nil value, how that nil inventory came about is unclear right now but I see nothing inventory related in the backtrace, only a pre-validated player object passed to `sfinv.set_player_inventory_formspec()`. It looks like this could be a MTG bug, sloppy object validation at best.

I will see if I can reproduce this but in the meantime I might suggest you try a different inventory mod.

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

Textures in 32pixel

stu

by stu » Post

Nice! you should release those as a texture pack ;-)

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

stu

by stu » Post

BrunoMine wrote:Certainly.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17497
Haha, I didn't see that =D you should have linked it in your post but you've done that now anyway, thanks

ratmix
In-game: ratmix

by ratmix » Post

stu wrote:The error is coming from the creative mod, it is attempting to index a nil value, how that nil inventory came about is unclear right now but I see nothing inventory related in the backtrace, only a pre-validated player object passed to `sfinv.set_player_inventory_formspec()`. It looks like this could be a MTG bug, sloppy object validation at best.

I will see if I can reproduce this but in the meantime I might suggest you try a different inventory mod.
Thanks for the reply Stu. And all my respect for being so proactive with questions about your mod. I think you are right about the inventory. Had the server crash twice more from crafting today. Will try unified inventory now.

Update... Crafting a steel door crashed the server twice but was not reproducible after installing unified inventory. I wonder why it is not the default inventory manager.
King of the Hill :: Modern Warfare Server RATMIX.COM:30000 | King of the Hill Community Site

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

BrunoMine wrote:Textures in 32pixel
lol! Thanks a TON! I have the 32xVanillax32 texture pack and was looking for a armor equivalent...
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

May I use this code for a mod that adds rainbow armor? I'm not very good at understanding licenses xD

stu

by stu » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:May I use this code for a mod that adds rainbow armor? I'm not very good at understanding licenses xD
Unfortunately, I am not very good at explaining them either, however, it is something you do need to take seriously if you plan on publishing anything. You should find the licenses are quite permissive and are in-keeping with that of the minetest project itself. A brief overview of LGPL v2.1 license can be found here

Regarding 'rainbow armor', you would be better off having your mod simply depend on 3d_armor rather than duplicating the entire code, like this mod for example. I have given some examples in another post of how the latest api can be used to add special properties to armor ;-)

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I forgot to add I only know how to change crafting recipes sorry :/

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

stu wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:May I use this code for a mod that adds rainbow armor? I'm not very good at understanding licenses xD
Unfortunately, I am not very good at explaining them either, however, it is something you do need to take seriously if you plan on publishing anything. You should find the licenses are quite permissive and are in-keeping with that of the minetest project itself. A brief overview of LGPL v2.1 license can be found here

Regarding 'rainbow armor', you would be better off having your mod simply depend on 3d_armor rather than duplicating the entire code, like this mod for example. I have given some examples in another post of how the latest api can be used to add special properties to armor ;-)
Lol I might need some help after making the armor mod xD

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Starting with something simple: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17755

mbb
GitHub: mbruchert
IRC: mBb
In-game: MBB

by mbb » Post

i made a samurai armor moddel + textures
@stu you can get it in your private masages
here are the schield and the katana
shield_samurai.png
shield_samurai.png (515 Bytes) Viewed 673 times
katana.png