[mod] Multiskin [multiskin] [0.1.1]

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

Adds per-player support for version 1.8 minecraft skins.

Screenshot

Mod Version: 0.1.1 - May 20, 2017

Minetest Version: 0.4.16

Depends: default

License: MIT

Download: version-0.1.1

Browse Code: github

On its own, this mod acts as a replacement for the out-dated player_textures mod by PilzAdam, individual player textures can be placed in the mod's textures directory and will be automatically assigned to a player by naming the texture file accordingly: `player_<player_name>.png`

This mod also supports the following skin-switching mods which can be used in conjunction with the multiskin default skins and chat commands.

[mod] Skins [skins] by Zeg9
[mod] Simple Skins [simple_skins] by TenPlus1
[mod] Unified Skins [u_skins] by SmallJoker
[mod] Wardrobe [wardrobe] by prestidigitator

Note that auto skin format detection is only available for these mods if the multiskin mod is listed in the `secure.trusted_mods` setting.

Configuration

You can set the default skin format by including the following settings in your minetest.conf, supported formats are 1.0 and 1.8

Code: Select all

multiskin_skin = <texture>
multiskin_format = <format>
Chat Commands

Requires `server` priv in multiplayer mode, no privs required in singleplayer.

/multiskin format <player_name> <format>
/multiskin set <player_name> <texture>
/multiskin unset <player_name>
/multiskin help
Note this mod does not currently work with my 3d_armor mod, however a feature branch is available for testing.

I have pushed some updates already to my clothing mod to make it work with the new implementation along with support for sfinv, however, the clothing mod is much in need of improvement so there are likely to be further changes there.

Still very WIP, expect to find bugs, feedback and/or constructive criticism is always welcomed :)
Last edited by stu on Fri Jul 21, 2017 20:11, edited 13 times in total.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: [mod] Multiskin [multiskin] [WIP]

by TumeniNodes » Post

Nice!
and, might I say, lookin pretty snappy there stu. You look like a defendant in the shot :D
A Wonderful World

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

This will be fantastic!

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

epic! +1 for mc 1.8 support!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

By 1.8 I assume you mean 64x64 skins?
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

I mean:
stu wrote:[mod] Multiskin [multiskin] [WIP]

stu

by stu » Post

GreenDimond wrote:By 1.8 I assume you mean 64x64 skins?
The MC 1.8 skins are typically 64x64px, however, so are version 1.9 skins which supports semi-transparency and 3px wide arms. I may include that format if minetest ever supports alpha channel for entities. From what I have seen, most skin websites are still predominantly the 1.8 format.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments, I have since made some minor bug-fixes and added a new feature branch to my 3d_armor repo if anyone feels like helping me test this, there is big potential for errors given the number of possible mod combinations this all claims to support :)

stu

Re: [mod] Multiskin [multiskin] [0.1.1]

by stu » Post

Mod Update: Version 0.1.1

I have now added auto-detection for skin format, however, this will only work for textures placed in the mod's own textures directory unless multiskin is listed in `secure.trusted_mods` as detecting the format of skins located elsewhere requires the use of a temporary insecure environment during the initialization phase.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

+1

theangelcaroll
In-game: theangelcaroll

by theangelcaroll » Post

I like this mod, and it works, but I'm having a problem with my skin looking really out of focus.

Do you know why or a way to fix this?
Please don't call me angel, just call me Caroll

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

hmm, it's a trilinear filter (disable it in settings tab menu) or you rezised the texture (change it to the good resolution.)

theangelcaroll
In-game: theangelcaroll

by theangelcaroll » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:hmm, it's a trilinear filter (disable it in settings tab menu) or you rezised the texture (change it to the good resolution.)
THANK YOU!
Please don't call me angel, just call me Caroll

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I'm going to add this to my server as soon as you add support for 3d_armor!
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

stu

by stu » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:I'm going to add this to my server as soon as you add support for 3d_armor!
You can always use the multiskin branch, I am looking for people to test this out on a public server so I can finally get it merged into master.

stu

by stu » Post

Minetest 0.5.0-dev compatible model now available here, exported with vertex normals and spilt edges, ready to work with 'advanced lighting' #6165

MangleFox70
GitHub: Cat5TV
IRC: MangleFox70
In-game: MangleFox70

by MangleFox70 » Post

Hey Stu,
We've got this running on the TPS servers but it doesn't seem the player textures replacement is working. We'd been using player_textures previously - so I turned that off, turned on multiskin and copied all the .png texture files into the multiskin/textures folder, but no success. Is there something I missed?

I can set the player texture manually (/multiskin set RobbieF player_RobbieF.png) but the automatic loading of the player texture based on player name is not working.

Server is 0.4.16-dev, client is 0.4.16.

By the way, if you're still looking for testers for 3d_armor multiskin, as you know we have been running that branch for a long time, happy to provide feedback.

*** UPDATE *** it seems to work intermittently... it'll work some logins and not the other. Also, if I manually set the skin (eg., /multiskin set playername player_playername.png) it works for that one player.

*** UPDATE 2 *** Looks like having had multiskin enabled previously alongside player_textures, it was just hanging out dormant, but added 'character.png' as the default skin for all players... so once player_textures was disabled, multiskin changed everyone to the default player skin even though a player_player.png file existed... so using sed I removed all the configurations from the player files and now it seems to work. This shows me the mod requires manually setting skins if the player has signed in before. That could be improved.

Thanks!

RobbieF / Cat5TV on Github
#ThePixelShadow on YouTube
A Weekly Minetest Webcast hosted by MangleFox70
Have a mod you'd like featured? Want to participate in our show? Join servers.minetest.tv Port 30000 for creative or 30001 for survival.
Upload your own skin via our web site: Minetest.TV

stu

by stu » Post

MangleFox70 wrote:Hey Stu,
We've got this running on the TPS servers but it doesn't seem the player textures replacement is working. We'd been using player_textures previously - so I turned that off, turned on multiskin and copied all the .png texture files into the multiskin/textures folder, but no success. Is there something I missed?

I can set the player texture manually (/multiskin set RobbieF player_RobbieF.png) but the automatic loading of the player texture based on player name is not working.

Server is 0.4.16-dev, client is 0.4.16.

By the way, if you're still looking for testers for 3d_armor multiskin, as you know we have been running that branch for a long time, happy to provide feedback.

*** UPDATE *** it seems to work intermittently... it'll work some logins and not the other. Also, if I manually set the skin (eg., /multiskin set playername player_playername.png) it works for that one player.

*** UPDATE 2 *** Looks like having had multiskin enabled previously alongside player_textures, it was just hanging out dormant, but added 'character.png' as the default skin for all players... so once player_textures was disabled, multiskin changed everyone to the default player skin even though a player_player.png file existed... so using sed I removed all the configurations from the player files and now it seems to work. This shows me the mod requires manually setting skins if the player has signed in before. That could be improved.

Thanks!

RobbieF / Cat5TV on Github
Sorry for the late reply, I somehow seem to have missed this post. Thank you for letting me know about this potential issue. I will see what I can do to improve that asap.

getinfonanyang
GitHub: nanyangjoss

by getinfonanyang » Post

Skins It's Good, but it just make minetest LAG (Android)
stu wrote:[mod] Multiskin [multiskin] [0.1.1]

Screenshot

Mod Version: 0.1.1 - May 20, 2017

Minetest Version: 0.4.16

Depends: default

License: MIT

Download: version-0.1.1

Browse Code: github

On its own, this mod acts as a replacement for the out-dated player_textures mod by PilzAdam, individual player textures can be placed in the mod's textures directory and will be automatically assigned to a player by naming the texture file accordingly: `player_<player_name>.png`

This mod also supports the following skin-switching mods which can be used in conjunction with the multiskin default skins and chat commands.

[mod] Skins [skins] by Zeg9
[mod] Simple Skins [simple_skins] by TenPlus1
[mod] Unified Skins [u_skins] by SmallJoker
[mod] Wardrobe [wardrobe] by prestidigitator

Note that auto skin format detection is only available for these mods if the multiskin mod is listed in the `secure.trusted_mods` setting.

Configuration

You can set the default skin format by including the following settings in your minetest.conf, supported formats are 1.0 and 1.8

multiskin_skin = <texture>
multiskin_format = <format>
Chat Commands

Requires `server` priv in multiplayer mode, no privs required in singleplayer.

/multiskin format <player_name> <format>
/multiskin set <player_name> <texture>
/multiskin unset <player_name>
/multiskin help
Note this mod does not currently work with my 3d_armor mod, however a feature branch is available for testing.

I have pushed some updates already to my clothing mod to make it work with the new implementation along with support for sfinv, however, the clothing mod is much in need of improvement so there are likely to be further changes there.

Still very WIP, expect to find bugs, feedback and/or constructive criticism is always welcomed :)