[Mod] Mobs Redo [1.61] [mobs]

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.34] [mobs]

by TenPlus1 » Post

zorman: the snippet of code I posted only handles a path length of 16 nodes, try increasing it to 50.

D00Med
GitHub: D00Med

by D00Med » Post

@TenPlus1 I can't seem to get it to work, should "minetest.find_path(h, h, 50, 3, 6, "Dijkstra")" be changed to "minetest.find_path(p, h, 50, 3, 6, "Dijkstra")"
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

flummi wrote: The tamed sheeps (and the cows although) from mobs_redo keep slipping through the corners of my corral - and only there in the corners. They can't jump over the fences or slip through at any other places. They just walk around in the corral until they reach a corner. There they stand still for some moments with their backside to the corner and then slowly start sliding backwards until they are approx. half through the fence. Then they turn around and walk away - outside the corral. This seems to not happen to the sheeps from the cme creature mod.

Does anybody know how to fix this or prevent them from slidding through my fences? Keeping them in a pit or building stonewalls isn't an option ;-) And I like the sheeps from mobs_redo - especially the red one :-)
I once had a lamb tunnel through the one-node wide floor while I was working somewhere below. Only a piece of wool and meat remained from the unlucky animal. Mob loss due to tunneling through corners afaik still happens. It's less bad than in the days when the first mobs came to MT - in those days, sheeps jumped on the back of other sheeps and thus escaped any fenced-in area (was another mod back then). Smaller animals seem to be particulary endangered by the tunneling effect. The safest way appears to be to have 2 nodes wide walls. There's invisible glass on the Xanandu server which comes in very handy.
burli wrote: I also want to propose to add the function to spawn mobs in groups like a herd of cows
Definitely! It's sad to see all these lone sheep and cows wander the map. Rather than picking up lone animals and "tame" them with a bit of food, I'd love to have herds of sheep walking slowly and randomly around a shepherd-npc-mob who would be willing to sell sheep to players for valuable ores.
Insurrection wrote: Question about mob behaviors- I'm trying to make a new "skittish" tag for mobs (so to speak) that makes them run away from the player once they spot the player. I've tried copying and modifying some of the existing code in API.lua, but no luck. I'm a bit code-dumb, so any help would be appreciated. I'd imagine this would be a useful feature altogether for other modders, too.
That'd also be great but doesn't fit into this particular mod. Mobs_redo has mobs that throw hearts around when having sex. Running away when something dangerous as a player comes would be far too unrealistic for it :-/ If you want to see sheep and rabbits that are rightly afraid of players, take a look at AdventureTest as seen on the TerraQuest server.
Tenplus1 wrote: - New replace function added which can use tables e.g.

replace_what = {"default:grass_3", "default:grass_4", "default:grass_5"},
That's a good idea. The animals seem a lot more lively if they change their environment. Sheep and cows turning dirt_with_grass into dirt, self-feeding on wheat fields...that's something. Just removing grass plants may not be obvious enough to the observer.
A list of my mods can be found here.

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Post

I'm running into a problem, after recent updates to mods on my servers, mobs_animal does not stay tamed forever. When you walk away for a while, the mob is "untamed" and loses its name tag if it has one. I don't know if mobs or mobs_animal is responsible, or if it's an update I did for something else. My servers are all at 0.4.15 stable. Were there any changes made to mobs or mobs_animal recently, or is the problem in another mod?

EDIT: After updating several of my mods including mobs and mobs_animal there are no problems. Thank you!
Last edited by redblade7 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Will any new mobs?

EdShouldBeInBed
In-game: EdShdBInBed

by EdShouldBeInBed » Post

Is there a way to set the depth a mob will appear at in minetest.conf? I want to use the goblins, but I'd like to put them down in the region I have HeroOfTheWind's Caverealms appearing.
I'm a writer who tinkers with code on occasion. I play minetest when insomnia makes the writing hard.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The .conf only allows you to set spawn chance and number but you could easily add a mob:spawn command to your own mod that spawns them at that depth...

EdShouldBeInBed
In-game: EdShdBInBed

by EdShouldBeInBed » Post

Cool, figured that. Just wanted to see if there was a setting before I altered the code. :)
I'm a writer who tinkers with code on occasion. I play minetest when insomnia makes the writing hard.

googol

by googol » Post

A small request.
Could you add in to the all functions
minetest.register_craftitem
Where is on_use = minetest.item_eat()
Next line:
groups = {eatable=N}
Please.

for example:
-- before

Code: Select all

-- fried egg
minetest.register_craftitem(":mobs:chicken_egg_fried", {
description = S("Fried Egg"),
	inventory_image = "mobs_chicken_egg_fried.png",
	on_use = minetest.item_eat(2),
})
-- after

-- fried egg
minetest.register_craftitem(":mobs:chicken_egg_fried", {
description = S("Fried Egg"),
	inventory_image = "mobs_chicken_egg_fried.png",
	groups = {eatable=2},
	on_use = minetest.item_eat(2),
})
Thanks.
I am groot!

bell07
GitHub: bell07

by bell07 » Post

+1
But the right group should be "food", to be sync to the "food" mod.

food_meat=1
The food mod does have the food.support(group, item) enhancer function, some items are already enhanced in https://github.com/rubenwardy/food/blob ... upport.lua
But my view is the item groups should be defined in mods that defines the items.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Update:

- Fixed snow glitch where mobs couldn't attack player while standing on snow, now line_of_sight only counts FULL blocks as an obstruction.

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

Hey, now the mobs are going to kill me. ;)
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

u34

by u34 » Post

what about to support award-mod? where u can count the mob kills for instance.

burli

by burli » Post

I noticed that path following works with Oerkki, Sand monster and Dirt monster, but not with spider or tree monster. I can't open the mesh models with Blender. Can someone check where the origin of the models is?

Bread

by Bread » Post

Mobs can step over fence and gate without jumping now.

burli

by burli » Post

Bread wrote:Mobs can step over fence and gate without jumping now.
Because stepheight is set to 1.1

ph8jPf9M
GitHub: 22i

by ph8jPf9M » Post

burli wrote:I noticed that path following works with Oerkki, Sand monster and Dirt monster, but not with spider or tree monster. I can't open the mesh models with Blender. Can someone check where the origin of the models is?
not sure but found these viewtopic.php?t=3063 https://github.com/mdoege/stampy_mobs_blender_files

burli

by burli » Post

I have downloaded the mobs_mc mod, but pathfinding doesn't work for mobs like Zombie and Skeleton, but it works with the spider. I have no idea why. Can someone help to find the reason and fix this? I don't know enough about Blender

MinisterFarrigut
In-game: singleplayer

by MinisterFarrigut » Post

Wait, could it be possible to put Minecraft mods into Minetest?
I build buildings. I don't usually make mods...I use them.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

MinisterFarrigut wrote:Wait, could it be possible to put Minecraft mods into Minetest?
I consider it is possible.Only you need write Minecraft`s mods on Lua

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.35] [mobs]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Updated to version 1.35:

- Fixed group_attack so that only members of the same species will attack player
- Added owner_loyal flag so that when player hits an enemy, loyal and aggressive pets will attack it as well.

Thanks to vaguelyAnonymous for the 2nd idea :)

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Updated to version 1.35:

- Fixed group_attack so that only members of the same species will attack player
- Added owner_loyal flag so that when player hits an enemy, loyal and aggressive pets will attack it as well.

Thanks to vaguelyAnonymous for the 2nd idea :)
Fabulous! I see gang wars in the future :P

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Could you add a 'Lava sword' that auto-smelts (if possible) the drops of mobs?
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Struttas_of_Borg

by Struttas_of_Borg » Post

hey im new to minetest, i have the mod installed and activated, but no mobs are spawning.

how do i get the mobs.

burli

by burli » Post

you need to add mobs as additional mod. In mobs redo are no mobs included