[Server] HOMETOWN

ynomrah
IRC: Ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by ynomrah » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:/me wonders how many posts ynomrah has with: 'lol' or 'xD' in them...
:P
A lot, I am aware of me saying it 24/7 it's become a habbit xD

ynomrah

by ynomrah » Post

Happy Mothers Day Kibbie!!

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ynomrah wrote:Happy Mothers Day Kibbie!!
lol beat me to it xD
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
ynomrah wrote:Happy Mothers Day Kibbie!!
lol beat me to it xD
I wish I could've said that first LOL
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

Speedy2021
In-game: micah

by Speedy2021 » Post

I beat all of you to it!! Mwahahahahah!!!!
God's not Dead!
You are Loved!
Heya! I'm Speedy!
I'm also known as Miss Micah XD

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Speedy2021 wrote:I beat all of you to it!! Mwahahahahah!!!!
Except you didn't tell Kibbie that. I was the first to address it to Kibbie, so I think I won xD

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

Last edited by ForgiveAndromedalol on Sun May 14, 2017 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

please, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, get rid of that top GIF..........

/me highly considers blocking the site from which that image came from.

And, happy mother's day to all the mother's :D (there's a least two here in this topic I think... lol)

I'd like to say something related to BBmine though. If anyone has been spamming this topic, it is definitely not him. Maybe when he was first banned, but I seriously think that BBmine has been trying to do things differently. We don't have to blame everything on him, no one is perfect.
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

octacian wrote:please, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, get rid of that top GIF..........

/me highly considers blocking the site from which that image came from.

And, happy mother's day to all the mother's :D (there's a least two here in this topic I think... lol)

I'd like to say something related to BBmine though. If anyone has been spamming this topic, it is definitely not him. Maybe when he was first banned, but I seriously think that BBmine has been trying to do things differently. We don't have to blame everything on him, no one is perfect.
Yes, Happy Mother's Day. Sorry for the gifs. I was just joking about before comments n_n. I'll remove those gifs. Sorry.
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

Tigerlore

by Tigerlore » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
Tigerlore wrote:Is there a mod list?
You can check the mod list on any server by typing /mods n chat.
Cool, I was hoping it would be something easy like that. Thanks again.
Minetest developers should steal all the good ideas in Minecraft.
Linux is all the good ideas from Unix. It's a proven strategy.

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

LOL IMS was stuck....But hey! I finally made it! I tried to make it to the middle window on the church, it took me AGES.
Attachments
FinallyMadeIt!!!.png
FinallyMadeIt!!!.png (502.01 KiB) Viewed 578 times

Tigerlore

by Tigerlore » Post

Could we get hoppers added? For a little basic automation - I want to make a bunch of stone.
Minetest developers should steal all the good ideas in Minecraft.
Linux is all the good ideas from Unix. It's a proven strategy.

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

Can someone retrieve back their items if someone stole it while that person added to their protection and obviously put the stolen items in that person's home, where that person's home itself is actually other players protection that he is added in?

My 12 y/o brother xXHakimXx is cursing in real life when he gets back to the game after tiring primary school session (7:30AM-5:30PM) and once we finally have access to internet today, because literally almost everything that's not having "owned by" parameter (except plasmascreen) including furnace and beds and everything in protected chest in his house was stolen while Cool_lean is added to his protection, and a quick glance at Cool_lean's home reveals everything stolen is there, randomly put into the house.

Cool_lean has originally promised that they won't take anything from my bro's house but it turns out a lie. My bro has removed Cool_lean from his protection now, but he can't take back most of the items Cool_lean stole as Cool_lean put them in their house, which is protected by their (claimed to be) sister, xXaleshaXx. Some items are taken back as it's in unprotected area of their house.

Other players please be aware and don't add this Cool_lean to your protection or you might end up the same as my bro. Additionally, a list should be made to list harmful players like this.

I don't know if the server logged everything in debug.txt (or if that even enabled) but usually server admin could search for which players dig where and place where to confirm if they indeed stole it. (using some kind of bot, or maybe manual Ctrl-F?)

Cool_lean home (protection by xXaleshaXx) is around (623.2, 11.5, -173.9)
xXHakimXx home is around (107.1, 4.5, -402.3)

For grammar nazi, I purposedly use "they" to differentiate Cool_lean from my bro, as I used "he" for xXHakimXx.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:Can someone retrieve back their items if someone stole it while that person added to their protection and obviously put the stolen items in that person's home, where that person's home itself is actually other players protection that he is added in?

My 12 y/o brother xXHakimXx is cursing in real life when he gets back to the game after tiring primary school session (7:30AM-5:30PM) and once we finally have access to internet today, because literally almost everything that's not having "owned by" parameter (except plasmascreen) including furnace and beds and everything in protected chest in his house was stolen while Cool_lean is added to his protection, and a quick glance at Cool_lean's home reveals everything stolen is there, randomly put into the house.

Cool_lean has originally promised that they won't take anything from my bro's house but it turns out a lie. My bro has removed Cool_lean from his protection now, but he can't take back most of the items Cool_lean stole as Cool_lean put them in their house, which is protected by their (claimed to be) sister, xXaleshaXx. Some items are taken back as it's in unprotected area of their house.

Other players please be aware and don't add this Cool_lean to your protection or you might end up the same as my bro. Additionally, a list should be made to list harmful players like this.

I don't know if the server logged everything in debug.txt (or if that even enabled) but usually server admin could search for which players dig where and place where to confirm if they indeed stole it. (using some kind of bot, or maybe manual Ctrl-F?)

For grammar nazi, I purposedly use "they" to differentiate Cool_lean from my bro, as I used "he" for xXHakimXx.
I feel your brothers pain. But the rules clearly state that you must protect your belongings if you would like to keep them. Unfortunately if your brother let his guard down and trusted the wrong person, he opened a hole in his own security.
This happens far too often... in fact it's exhausting chasing clues and putting all the peices of the puzzle together to determine if someone has been wronged. It goes much farther than finding the exact pos of the item dug. To do it correctly we would have to scan back days, weeks, months to see who placed the item. It honestly can take hours to find the answer for each and every theft or dispute.
So... plain and simple. Protect your stuff. If you let someone into your protection, you assume the risk.
It sounds cold hearted, and in fact it is. But how much time must a admin invest into keeping everyone happy?
I'm sorry about your Bro's upset. But it's a good learning experience. And as a mod on another server you should totally understand :)

BTW I banned Cool_lean yesterday for two days. Hopefully Cool_lean learns from this, and other problems caused. Or the ban will be permanent.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Tigerlore wrote:Could we get hoppers added? For a little basic automation - I want to make a bunch of stone.
I will think about this. I like hoppers. We are a pretty heavy server so we need to consider new mods carefully. The server is plenty robust, but the players connected to it might not be :)

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
Tigerlore wrote:Could we get hoppers added? For a little basic automation - I want to make a bunch of stone.
I will think about this. I like hoppers. We are a pretty heavy server so we need to consider new mods carefully. The server is plenty robust, but the players connected to it might not be :)
The server is becoming heavier? xD I thought only the spawn area is heavy as other places seems to be not so heavy.

AFAIK, there's no mesecons on the server yet so it's not heavy like many other servers xD especially those servers which even installed pipeworks, technic, digilines stuffs... :O now that's really heavy...

--
for the earlier reply:
yes I'm mod on other server but that kind of stealing in shared protection rarely happen there.
Spoiler
That server uses "item request" system in old days, and now using "creative points" system. It means you can get items for free in exchange for points gained from activities like digging, mining, building & chatting, so it's rare to have stealing. Roleplaying will also increase the point (as roleplaying uses many chats, but they have standalone chat channel so the main chat will not be flooded).

But once in a while (like once in a week), stealing in shared protection still happens but when it happen and it's so obvious where the stolen item are, I usually solve it by removing the thieve's protection share (they use "areas" there), saving the stolen items with worldedit and loading it at the original owner's house area or nearby it, and leave warning to the thieve. xD The thieve will not realize any change on stolen items other than the warning but the owner gets back their items.

Some players who is playing on that server is also playing on this server, they know how I and the admin there usually solve problems there. xD The grep command thingy will appear once in a while on the chat when the admin is checking debug logs using some kind of commands, as he uses custom bot to handle debugs. Moderators can also use certain commands from website's chat.

Looks like every server owner has their own ways on setting up servers, VanessaE integrates IRC to all of their server games, where the moderators can use commands directly from IRC client without even needing to open website. And you did careful choice to not burden the server so there's no moreblocks/circular saw stuff or mesecons, encouraging players to be more creative in using available resources while playing in survival, plus many games & competition are organized! :D
I asked my brother to calm down and ask him to go mining for golds again as most of items stolen were actually bought in stores, not crafted except the crushing furnace (which was also stolen) as he can't find stores that sells it.

The way he play is different from mine where most of my stuffs were crafted. xD

But someone needs to help him clearing up Cool_lean's stuff inside his house, they left behind steel doors and pedestal in there.

teenspirit
In-game: darianbrown

by teenspirit » Post

cool_Luke, cool_Lean, cool_Leo, whatever he is going by, and alesha, aka leah(somerandom numbers) are griefers and theives 24/7. They have done this many times, and even attempted griefing the greek city that is under construction. As far as i know, his 48 hour ban is still in effect, but alesha has faced no consequences, and frequently tries to start fights over religion in the comments, with stuff like "i hate to tell you all this, but you're all going to hell". never add any variation of cool_Randomnamehere, or alesha, leahRandomnumberhere to your protections. Thanks to the server admins who have to deal with these knuckleheads all day for doing what they do.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:Can someone retrieve back their items if someone stole it while that person added to their protection and obviously put the stolen items in that person's home, where that person's home itself is actually other players protection that he is added in?

Put a hit out on them :)

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

teenspirit wrote:cool_Luke, cool_Lean, cool_Leo, whatever he is going by, and alesha, aka leah(somerandom numbers) are griefers and theives 24/7. They have done this many times, and even attempted griefing the greek city that is under construction. As far as i know, his 48 hour ban is still in effect, but alesha has faced no consequences, and frequently tries to start fights over religion in the comments, with stuff like "i hate to tell you all this, but you're all going to hell". never add any variation of cool_Randomnamehere, or alesha, leahRandomnumberhere to your protections. Thanks to the server admins who have to deal with these knuckleheads all day for doing what they do.
leah234?

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:The server is becoming heavier? xD I thought only the spawn area is heavy as other places seems to be not so heavy.
Perhaps I chose the wrong words :)
Every mod we've added has increased the loading time when signing on. Now the wait is more than I'm comfortable with. I can't even log in with my poor phone without crashing because it just can't handle it. I'm sure you'e noticed all the players joining for less than a second and leaving. That's what my login looks like when I join with my phone. lol
teenspirit wrote:As far as i know, his 48 hour ban is still in effect, but alesha has faced no consequences,
When banning Cool_lean I was following chat in a ssh terminal from work and saw there was a issue. I only noticed one alt attached to that IP and it was xXaleshaXx or something like that.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
muhdnurhidayat wrote:The server is becoming heavier? xD I thought only the spawn area is heavy as other places seems to be not so heavy.
Perhaps I chose the wrong words :)
Every mod we've added has increased the loading time when signing on. Now the wait is more than I'm comfortable with. I can't even log in with my poor phone without crashing because it just can't handle it. I'm sure you'e noticed all the players joining for less than a second and leaving. That's what my login looks like when I join with my phone. lol
teenspirit wrote:As far as i know, his 48 hour ban is still in effect, but alesha has faced no consequences,
When banning Cool_lean I was following chat in a ssh terminal from work and saw there was a issue. I only noticed one alt attached to that IP and it was xXaleshaXx or something like that.
I had some trouble with xXaleshaXx once, It was all-caps I think.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

teenspirit
In-game: darianbrown

by teenspirit » Post

he uses a variety of screen names, but doesnt log them all in at the same time. I had my suspicions about alesha, leah, and cool_james/leo/lean/luke being all the same person. They/he/her seems intent on doing nothing but messing with people.

ynomrah

by ynomrah » Post

teenspirit wrote:cool_Luke, cool_Lean, cool_Leo, whatever he is going by, and alesha, aka leah(somerandom numbers) are griefers and theives 24/7. They have done this many times, and even attempted griefing the greek city that is under construction. As far as i know, his 48 hour ban is still in effect, but alesha has faced no consequences, and frequently tries to start fights over religion in the comments, with stuff like "i hate to tell you all this, but you're all going to hell". never add any variation of cool_Randomnamehere, or alesha, leahRandomnumberhere to your protections. Thanks to the server admins who have to deal with these knuckleheads all day for doing what they do.
Is the city still okay? The admins r the best! Lol...

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

GO EXETERDAD!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
New /home commands are:
/sethome (name here) [Sets a home with the name of your pick]
/listhomes [lists all your homes]
/home (name of one of your homes here) [Teleports you to the home with the set name]
/delhome (home name here) [removes one of your homes]

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:GO EXETERDAD!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
New /home commands are:
/sethome (name here) [Sets a home with the name of your pick]
/listhomes [lists all your homes]
/home (name of one of your homes here) [Teleports you to the home with the set name]
/delhome (home name here) [removes one of your homes]
Oh! Cool!!