[Server] HOMETOWN

SkylightsFall
In-game: Sky_Fall_II

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by SkylightsFall » Post

Oh my lord. I just realised something. Kibbie and Exeter I need your help. I dont know why this didnt occur to me earlier. Lemme know. Imma msg u.
If I can see it I will craft it...
If I can dream it I will build it...
If I find a home, I will put alot of effort into staying there...
AKA: Sky_Fall_II, SkylightsFall, MotherSkyFall, etc etc....

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

ExeterDad wrote: Player tgg will be banned for life.

tgg is also known as:
38_ViTa_38
Kim_Jong-un
vita

That's all I have to say about that.
Though we don't really know if they are really the same person or different people on same network...
SkylightsFall wrote: Also, food for thought, is it a development thing (MT update) that causes water placed in a corner formation to spread to fill the square? Earlier releases required that 2 x 2 concept. "Infinite" Water thing.....#skyblock.

It was something that I asked a long time ago when I came across it on an earlier build. (Thanks again for the help Kibbs) I'm not sure if it was ever answered. If this were "removed" or "rewritten" per se, this might solve the issue of "water(spill)priv". Cuz, with all the "farming" going on, I dread the "Hey Sky, can you place 100x nodes of water here?"
I do have plan to expand my farm, so get ready to place water for me later... :P

Also, the priv is just for "put water" and not "take water" right? because it will be bad if we can't make chicken soup (requires water bucket) xD

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:Though we don't really know if they are really the same person or different people on same network...
But tgg and vita exchanged materials in bulk. From the same network. According to the logs.
muhdnurhidayat wrote:I do have plan to expand my farm, so get ready to place water for me later... :P
Only placing water is restricted. But if you request "liquids" from a staff person you will be able to place water.

mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
muhdnurhidayat wrote:Though we don't really know if they are really the same person or different people on same network...
But tgg and vita exchanged materials in bulk. From the same network. According to the logs.
Oh, then it's the same person... :o
ExeterDad wrote:
muhdnurhidayat wrote:I do have plan to expand my farm, so get ready to place water for me later... :P
Only placing water is restricted. But if you request "liquids" from a staff person you will be able to place water.
Oh, it's only placing water gets restricted. We can continue taking water for chicken soup. xD

I've taken note on that "requesting liquid from a staff", I'll request when I get to expand the farm later, not now.

----
koby-minetest wrote:go sub to my channel i do daily videos link -----------------> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAm72A ... mZzpKN4OzA
koby-minetest wrote:also subscribe too ynomrah/willow w link ---------------> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTLHiI ... XSntXXFk2g
I've subscribed to both of your channels.

but, ynomrah... I can't watch your video of HOMETOWN, it just says "This video is not available".

Is there any threads for listing YouTube channels? I would love to watch more videos on Minetest.
I do have a channel but I can't make videos on Minetest yet (laptop is not repaired yet, and Android screen recorder keeps on crashing while recording on Minetest, it don't crash that often if it's not game, eg. recording on Android Chrome or something) so what's in my channel is just craps made on my phone... xD

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I'm back finally. I CANNOT believe vita lost control like that lol... He seemed perfectly sane before then...
Yall can rest assured that I would NEVER EVER want to do anything harmful to my favorite server xD
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

koby-minetest
GitHub: koby-minetest
IRC: koby koby2
In-game: koby koby2 JinjaNinja

by koby-minetest » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
Then we cant farm... nvm didnt read properly
hi im koby i like playing minetest
HELP mcg, she needs help
P.S i stole her line.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

do I count as staff? xD I'm still setting up a farm at Sky City...
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

koby-minetest

by koby-minetest » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:I'm back finally. I CANNOT believe vita lost control like that lol... He seemed perfectly sane before then...
Yall can rest assured that I would NEVER EVER want to do anything harmful to my favorite server xD
same nvr thought he would do dat...
HELP mcg, she needs help
P.S i stole her line.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:do I count as staff? xD I'm still setting up a farm at Sky City...
Yes you are "staff", you have basic_privs. The ability to grant the liquid priv was added to that. So you can give it away to trusted people and yourself.

Speaking of. There's gonna be a bunch of need for helping out the newer "not trusted yet" people with farming water and such. Hopefully trusted folks feel neighborly from time to time to help out and take some of the load off of the staff.

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

ExeterDad wrote:Well all the water is cleaned up and I'll be making the server public shortly.

This was a grief. This person worked all through the night and into the morning only to have all that slaving be removed.
I am now going to ban user: tgg for a very carefully crafted water grief.
Player tgg will be banned for life.

tgg is also known as:
38_ViTa_38
Kim_Jong-un
vita

Wow.....O,o All this from the 2 days I was gone? Hiya everyone! lol
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:do I count as staff? xD I'm still setting up a farm at Sky City...
Yes you are "staff", you have basic_privs. The ability to grant the liquid priv was added to that. So you can give it away to trusted people and yourself.

Speaking of. There's gonna be a bunch of need for helping out the newer "not trusted yet" people with farming water and such. Hopefully trusted folks feel neighborly from time to time to help out and take some of the load off of the staff.
I'll gladly help out :)

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Cpt_mcg wrote:
ExeterDad wrote:Well all the water is cleaned up and I'll be making the server public shortly.

This was a grief. This person worked all through the night and into the morning only to have all that slaving be removed.

tgg is also known as:
38_ViTa_38
Kim_Jong-un
vita

Omg lol! I was gone fr 2 days too! XD

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Cpt_mcg wrote:

tgg is also known as:
38_ViTa_38
Kim_Jong-un
vita

Omg lol! I was gone fr 2 days too! XD
LOL!! How funny! Well, let's not hope you didn't turn into crispy bacon like I did.

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

Just FYI for those who are wondering if it was someone else using vita's network, there's no doubt about it, vita was behind the grief. We have other evidence. Vita was also cheating and using a hacked client. Vita's actions have implicated at least two other players and cast suspicion, so we'll be watching.

Here's the deal. Vita, if you were "bored" and wanted to leave the server, why not just leave? Why invest so much time (10 hours? Really??) in building an elaborate grief? You knew we would find out who did it. Did it make you happy to cause us to shut down the server for hours while your mess was cleaned up? Judging by the size of the grief, the server would have been overwhelmed quickly. Was that your intention? To destroy the server?

Did you want to make the server go down for hours so our regular players couldn't log on? Were you trying to disrupt their game play? Disrupt their plans?

What if I told you our daughter was away for the night and ExeterDad and I had plans to spend some rare time with just our boys, and instead ExeterDad and I have been working on the server since he got home from work.. and past their bedtimes? Does that make you happy too?

ExeterDad and I get no reward for making this server available for you to play on, our reward is knowing you (general you) are having fun and enjoying yourselves. The hundreds (maybe thousands) of combined hours we have spent building the server since November, maintaining the server, updating the server, paying the not-so-small bill every month - it's not like we get any kind of monetary reward from this. We like making other people happy. It's that simple. If you're not happy on our server, by all means, find one that makes you happy... or back away from the computer and find something in real life. But don't crap all over people who are trying to do a good thing for others.

So please, enlighten me... exactly what was your motivation for doing what you did? Trying to punish us for something? Were you just trying to make your departure as dramatic as possible? That's pretty sad, actually. If you need attention, there are less destructive ways to get it.

So... goodbye vita. Your builds are going to go away, and soon no one will be talking about you anymore. Thank you for doing this before I asked you to be a Moderator, because that was literally going to happen this weekend.

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

Ugh -__- Baby_Nathan keeps trying to ban me. It gets annoying because I did NOTHING wrong.

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

By the way, I want to give a shout out to IMS_BULLDOGS for texting me earlier and calling our attention to the grief, if he hadn't acted so quickly I'm sure the water would have overtaken spawn. I also want to thank Sky, GreenDimond, kiko, micah, and Lone_Wolf for all the work they put in to the server too. When I mentioned the thousands of combined hours ExeterDad and I have put in to the server, I neglected to mention the hours these awesome people put into the server. We also have some players who brighten the server and help as much as possible: octacian, mcg, ynomrah, koby (even edddward, the dude y'all love to dog on) just to name a few.

If someone wants to try to take out the server, go for it. We'll just take our HOMETOWN family and move right into the latest backup copy and live happily ever after. :)

koby-minetest

by koby-minetest » Post

Cpt_mcg wrote:Ugh -__- Baby_Nathan keeps trying to ban me. It gets annoying because I did NOTHING wrong.
want me to come on??!!
HELP mcg, she needs help
P.S i stole her line.

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

worldedit has a fatal code //deleteblocks - that command removes blocks and replaces with stone/dirt/trees biomes. The problem it's that this command causes so many bugs - excessive bugs. :(.
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

ForgiveAndromedalol

This is how worldedit destroyes thanks to the command //deleteblocks. I forget that command - it's really buggy.
Before
Later

38_ViTa_38

by 38_ViTa_38 » Post

I'm not exactly sure what to answer, but I admit that water griefing was stupid. I didn't expect it to take that much time to remove and even disrupt real life plans. I regret it. The good thing is that you won't see me return (through VPN or proxies, for example).

mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:worldedit has a fatal code //deleteblocks - that command removes blocks and replaces with stone/dirt/trees biomes. The problem it's that this command causes so many bugs - excessive bugs. :(.
That command //deleteblocks is not to remove blocks but to "delete blocks", which means it deletes what block is there and let biome generate new blocks on its place... from what I know, this is useful on faulty map... it can remove that faulty area info and let biome regenerate at that place with new area info...

To remove blocks, use //set air instead...

Speedy2021
In-game: micah

by Speedy2021 » Post

38_ViTa_38 wrote:I'm not exactly sure what to answer, but I admit that water griefing was stupid. I didn't expect it to take that much time to remove and even disrupt real life plans. I regret it. The good thing is that you won't see me return (through VPN or proxies, for example).
I still feel like you don't even care and is that an apology? Kibbie and Edad wanted to spend time with there kids and that's important! I don't even know what to say except, why?! I didn't even see that coming and you even showed me that water place. I still don't know what to say so I will leave it at this....GOODBYE!!
God's not Dead!
You are Loved!
Heya! I'm Speedy!
I'm also known as Miss Micah XD

ForgiveAndromedalol

muhdnurhidayat wrote:
ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:worldedit has a fatal code //deleteblocks - that command removes blocks and replaces with stone/dirt/trees biomes. The problem it's that this command causes so many bugs - excessive bugs. :(.
That command //deleteblocks is not to remove blocks but to "delete blocks", which means it deletes what block is there and let biome generate new blocks on its place... from what I know, this is useful on faulty map... it can remove that faulty area info and let biome regenerate at that place with new area info...

To remove blocks, use //set air instead...
Yes, that's what I do actually. But //deleteblocks it causes generate biomes everywhere...

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:Yes, that's what I do actually. But //deleteblocks it causes generate biomes everywhere...
Exactly! It deletes a block of nodes. So it forces the block to regenerate via map generator. As if it was brand new. The function is working correctly and is extremely useful with caution.

I think there are other threads more suited for World Edit issues unrelated to this server :)

ynomrah
IRC: Ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by ynomrah » Post

ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:
ExeterDad wrote:HOMETOWN is shut down. Turned off until I can figure this out.
There is a HUGE, I mean HUUUUUUUUGE water source ocean up in the air that got triggered somehow. And it's growing. I need to figure out how to stop it before it's taken over the server.
I mean it's actually growing THAT fast.

Sorry. Don't know how it happened. I suspect a bug with mapgen somehow as there have been cool lakes even land with lakes appearing in the sky at times lately.
WTF?!!! One question: Do you have added worldedit mod on your server? 4 months ago I had a server, and then it broke... It appeared weird things in sky, and crashed the server everytime. If you have used worldedit, never type //deleteblocks. This command breaks world servers files. If you want to fix it, take you sql map, and move it into a new world, with all player's info.
I saw the water...