[Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

linushsao
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote:I found an article searching a bit in minetest:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=15354
So maybe you should change the License of the marsu-game?
I have seen that on github u use the GPL, but on forum you said everytime WTFPL so its pretty
unclear which is the right ;)
tks,juli. the license of game in github keep GPL.

Also one other thing:
about clearobjects (from minetest wiki:
/clearobjects [full|quick]—Clears all objects/entities (removes all dropped items, mobs and possibly more). Note this may crash the server or slow it down to a crawl for 10 to more than 60 seconds
Maybe we should not run this command weekly, because it may remove:
1.the Ironman-trader
2.the Aliens, also the tamed ones
3.the UFO's

Don't know wheather there is an other way to clear only __builtin:item (= the items u dropped).
yes,as you said. running cmd "/clearobjects" will remove dropped-item/ncp/mobs. so i dont make it run as regular process. about the tamed ones,is it possible to make it could be transfered into egg or?

if we could not change it,maybe we have to announce one week(or other) before we do it.
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

tm3 wrote: ... There are good licenses like GPL, MIT etc. why not use one of them. These great mods are opensource. So, why not a great opensource license. I personally go for and vote for GPL :).

you are right,i change the licnese of first post.

Code: Select all

All my work is under GPL License (<-i like this license)
The extern mods have different Licenses. details in modfolders for .
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Still looking for an update map image...

Just found a new ice cavern just off of Cybertron's mine at level -900m to -1000m and it's massive.

tm3
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

by tm3 » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:Still looking for an update map image...

Just found a new ice cavern just off of Cybertron's mine at level -900m to -1000m and it's massive.
@Linus, please put an update image of the map in imgur or something like that at least for now :)

Also @juli @Linus, are you guys ok with player exploring too far because that increases map data and more data means more time to load the map. i have currently allowed upto only 10k in any direction (except up and down). Downwards, may be upto they touch the bedrock (No limit) . i think of limiting upwards to max 2k. Any suggestions on changing these parameters?
- Yours truly TM3

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Well, I'm not planning to travel far as map goes, -1500 West of spawn so far. Juno is a project of creating a second spawn area that is fresh and has been mine over and over. People tend to stay very close to air sources to build. I'm experimenting by building emergency shelters which has free air and protection from storms. Still not there.

Though the discovery of new cavern in mined out area does help player explore more.

tm3

by tm3 » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:Well, I'm not planning to travel far as map goes, -1500 West of spawn so far. Juno is a project of creating a second spawn area that is fresh and has been mine over and over. People tend to stay very close to air sources to build. I'm experimenting by building emergency shelters which has free air and protection from storms. Still not there.

Though the discovery of new cavern in mined out area does help player explore more.
good. keep up. Well, regarding going far, it was just a general concern, as map will expand. Still, going down till players touch bedrock is allowed, so that players can get lot of resources. :)
- Yours truly TM3

juli
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

by juli » Post

I'am working on a big change for the air system:
Air should be generated by flowers inside an "air maker" build from scifi-pot
the airgenerator should take then the air from the air maker, without air from the maker
u can't generate air with generator then.

Also we think about allowing plants to grow only inside a greenhouse,
atm it isn't so simple to do so, but we have already ideas about it.
So for players is good to know maybe, that also big fields may need a glassroof or so later over them.
I think this could be interesting for MichaelEh :) because he has a large field...,
but we can still discuss about how to realize it.

But for now the focus is on airgeneration and not on "greenhouses",
i tend to make the marssurvive mod a modpack for this.

The planed plants to use for airgeneration are:
· all from the flowers mod
· farming_plus:weed

Mahal
In-game: Aule

by Mahal » Post

Hi juli & tm3, this is Aule :)

I tried to add some scifi_nodes to the saw from moreblocks mod with "copy & paste" code from a friend who did that successfully. Here is what I did so far:

1. add "moreblocks" in "depends.txt" of scifi_nodes mod

2. add following code to "init.lua" of scifi_nodes mod:

local modpath = minetest.get_modpath("scifi_nodes")
dofile(modpath.."/moreblocks.lua")	-- add nodes to the saw of the moreblocks mod
3. create this "moreblocks.lua" file in the scifi_nodes folder with this:

register_stair_slab_panel_micro("white", "block", "scifi_nodes:white",
{cracky=3},
{"scifi_nodes_white.png"},
"white",
"block",
)
    table.insert(circular_saw.known_stairs, "scifi_nodes:white") 

register_stair_slab_panel_micro("white2", "block", "scifi_nodes:white2",
{cracky=3},
{"scifi_nodes_white2.png"},
"white2",
"block",
)
    table.insert(circular_saw.known_stairs, "scifi_nodes:white2")
This example adds "white" and "white2" nodes to the saw and can be done for any other "block" node.
I also think this can be done with a much shorter code - maybe as a function with the "node names" as parameters - like it can be done for recipes.
Sadly I didn't managed to add "sound" to the resulting nodes .. maybe this has to be done on the moreblocks mod itself .. idk.

Some other issue might be, that the resulting saw-nodes are "part of the moreblocks mod" cause they are named "moreblocks:NodeName". And this could mean, that they wont protect against mars storm anymore, like the scifi_nodes normaly do. But maybe that storm feature works different .. idk.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

juli wrote:I'am working on a big change for the air system:
the airgenerator should take then the air from the air maker, without air from the maker
I'm NOT liking this at all. Killing or making air generation more complicated at all is bad idea. They should be left as is. Considering how easy and important air generators are for exploring the map, this would kill the game.
juli wrote:Also we think about allowing plants to grow only inside a greenhouse,
So for players is good to know maybe, that also big fields may need a glassroof or so later over them.
I think this could be interesting for MichaelEh :) because he has a large field...,
Plants outside a greenhouse are necessary for survival. How are we going to grow the larger trees. At this moment, plants and trees have a low life expectancy even under glass. Glass nor plastics does not block sand storms. Flowers have the lowest life expectancy... where do you think all the dead grass, including on water come from? Lilly pads die and become dead grass.

Juno is a project of large area terraformed but it is limited to how much compost I can generate. Which is a lot since I have a large lake generating large quantities of mossy cobble. Slowly I'm sealing off the lake bed with sandstone so that will be gone. I'm recycling mars cobble by replacing mossy cobble. Even the sand is being repurposed to sandstone.

One of the reasons I need the world map update is to decide on where to put the base and free build area with emergency shelters for player support. Then I can turn the area loose for new players.

juli

by juli » Post

But it is at moment so easy, we have some endless airgenerators and all air is simply generated using those.
For exploring the map u can easily use airgassbottles as well, we could make in spawn something to refill them
i have for example everytime 12 gassbottles in my inventory, and so i have not to reload the spacesuit in airchamber all 5 mins.

And if u need air u could set home at the pos u are and then teleport to spawn to refill the spacesuit,
but at all the airgenerators we use atm take the fun from surviving and it isn't realistic, also for a normal airgen
u need such oxygen stone to refill them and this would be more real and more simple with plants.

And if u still need a airgen for exploring u can take one with u and also some air-units to use the air-generator
portable, the generated air will not disappear if there is no plant.

Here to make it clear the system:

airmaker+plant generates -> air-unit (-> pipeworks) put into -> air-generator (uses air-unit to generate air)

tm3

by tm3 » Post

Mahal wrote:Hi juli & tm3, this is Aule :)

I tried to add some scifi_nodes to the saw from moreblocks mod with "copy & paste" code from a friend who did that successfully. Here is what I did so far:

1. add "moreblocks" in "depends.txt" of scifi_nodes mod

2. add following code to "init.lua" of scifi_nodes mod:

local modpath = minetest.get_modpath("scifi_nodes")
dofile(modpath.."/moreblocks.lua")	-- add nodes to the saw of the moreblocks mod
3. create this "moreblocks.lua" file in the scifi_nodes folder with this:

register_stair_slab_panel_micro("white", "block", "scifi_nodes:white",
{cracky=3},
{"scifi_nodes_white.png"},
"white",
"block",
)
    table.insert(circular_saw.known_stairs, "scifi_nodes:white") 

register_stair_slab_panel_micro("white2", "block", "scifi_nodes:white2",
{cracky=3},
{"scifi_nodes_white2.png"},
"white2",
"block",
)
    table.insert(circular_saw.known_stairs, "scifi_nodes:white2")
This example adds "white" and "white2" nodes to the saw and can be done for any other "block" node.
I also think this can be done with a much shorter code - maybe as a function with the "node names" as parameters - like it can be done for recipes.
Sadly I didn't managed to add "sound" to the resulting nodes .. maybe this has to be done on the moreblocks mod itself .. idk.

Some other issue might be, that the resulting saw-nodes are "part of the moreblocks mod" cause they are named "moreblocks:NodeName". And this could mean, that they wont protect against mars storm anymore, like the scifi_nodes normaly do. But maybe that storm feature works different .. idk.
Thanks Aule for posting the code. But, i have found another way quite easy to do this thing. I will soon do it and update it to server :)
- Yours truly TM3

Mahal

by Mahal » Post

How about some more cool scifi looking "double sliding doors" on Mars server (where both sides open at same time) ?!
The [mod] "my_future_doors" as part of the [Modpack] "mydoors" offers some (which juli and tm3 might know them from the Jungle Server..) see here:
https://github.com/minetest-mods/mydoor ... ture_doors

Regarding door sounds I once already posted something on https://community.illuna-minetest.tk/t/ ... oors/710/2
(these sounds I "created" from some online source material with audacity).

juli

by juli » Post

+1 for more sliding doors :)

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

tm3 wrote:

@Linus, please put an update image of the map in imgur or something like that at least for now :)

Also @juli @Linus, are you guys ok with player exploring too far because that increases map data and more data means more time to load the map. i have currently allowed upto only 10k in any direction (except up and down). Downwards, may be upto they touch the bedrock (No limit) . i think of limiting upwards to max 2k. Any suggestions on changing these parameters?
hi,all.as fellowing is the map between (-10000,-10000,) to (10000,10000).

5).TODO-List

tm3

by tm3 » Post

linushsao wrote:
tm3 wrote:

hi,all.as fellowing is the map between (-10000,-10000,) to (10000,10000).

Here is the map guys. Lol just give the link next time Linus, in forum it is not viewable properly, no zoom either :)

http://i.imgur.com/hjHvlIx.jpg
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Post

Mahal wrote:How about some more cool scifi looking "double sliding doors" on Mars server (where both sides open at same time) ?!
The [mod] "my_future_doors" as part of the [Modpack] "mydoors" offers some (which juli and tm3 might know them from the Jungle Server..) see here:
https://github.com/minetest-mods/mydoor ... ture_doors

Regarding door sounds I once already posted something on https://community.illuna-minetest.tk/t/ ... oors/710/2
(these sounds I "created" from some online source material with audacity).
ok i think :) +1
- Yours truly TM3

juli

by juli » Post

some news:
1.i fixed the unknown blocks over the world
2.i replaced for now "marssurvive:stone_with_iron1" with "marssurvive:stone"

@linushsao:
3.i commented the marssurvive:stone_with_iron1 out, because it contains some errors,
if u can fix the errors u can readd it, but i think because of other changes we wanna do
maybe, it doesn't make much sense for now.

and please read your PM's :)

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

tm3 wrote:@Linus, please put an update image of the map in imgur or something like that at least for now :)

linushsao wrote:hi,all.as fellowing is the map between (-10000,-10000,) to (10000,10000).

tm3 wrote:Here is the map guys. Lol just give the link next time Linus, in forum it is not viewable properly, no zoom either :)

http://i.imgur.com/hjHvlIx.jpg
One can download and look. The detail is a little fuzzy. :)

The Dark with blue and mostly white to the northwest just after the giant black sphere is Waterdown. I have a teleport to there. The green and lake area is Juno It was hard to even find my place, Canada House with Daneel's dome to the east. Seriously, there is no detail to landscape so it's hard to tell. Even the roadway I put leading to the lake from the big green using compress cobble is not even showing. The green grass is covered in dead grass so it appears a pale yellow.

Great detail on the green space in far NE corner. I guess I'm just going to have to fudge the locations of the emergency shelters then open up Juno to the players.

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

hi,juli. it's a interesting idea.
juli wrote:I'am working on a big change for the air system:
generating air from trees is interesting,pls make sure that oxgen should be generated by leaves as reality(from flower?). so if it's during the seasons that leaves all fall,oxgen should not be generated without air-generator.
Also we think about allowing plants to grow only inside a greenhouse,
maybe we shoud keep that plants could grown everywhere? real mars has much co2.

But for now the focus is on airgeneration and not on "greenhouses",
i tend to make the marssurvive mod a modpack for this.

The planed plants to use for airgeneration are:
· all from the flowers mod
· farming_plus:weed
waiting for your great work...tks.
5).TODO-List

tm3

by tm3 » Post

linushsao wrote: generating air from trees is interesting,pls make sure that oxgen should be generated by leaves as reality(from flower?). so if it's during the seasons that leaves all fall,oxgen should not be generated without air-generator.

maybe we shoud keep that plants could grown everywhere? real mars has much co2.

waiting for your great work...tks.
Hi Linus, yes if not for flower, we have weed to keep it near to reality(not the weed anyone thinking in mind ;P, it's NOT "smoke weed everyday"; weed is a wild small plant which can be grow on pot too). We have no use of weed at all in minetest. So, this is a good opportunity.

Green house was my idea but don't know will take a long time. My formula was as the atmosphere is thin there, it has too much of radiation, some more co2 true. But tree can't grow properly in radiation. So, protecting them under a dome like a green house is good. Plus, it will look like we are colonising rather than converting/filling up mars landscape with trees. But, we can discuss later on that :)
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Post

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Some SciFi nodes have been added to circular saw, so that you guys can make beautiful contoured structures.(much awaited by Aule :P).

Below is the list of those nodes which have been added. Enjoy!
[*] scifi_nodes:white2
[*] scifi_nodes:white
[*] scifi_nodes:tile
[*] scifi_nodes:whitetile
[*] scifi_nodes:whtlightbnd
[*] scifi_nodes:blklt2
[*] scifi_nodes:doomlight
[*] scifi_nodes:ppllght
[*] scifi_nodes:rust
[*] scifi_nodes:red_square
[*] scifi_nodes:purple
[*] scifi_nodes:pplblk
[*] scifi_nodes:bluemetal
[*] scifi_nodes:bluebars
[*] scifi_nodes:blue_square
[*] scifi_nodes:grey
[*] scifi_nodes:greybars
[*] scifi_nodes:grey_square
[*] scifi_nodes:greytile
[*] scifi_nodes:wall
[*] scifi_nodes:mesh
[*] scifi_nodes:vent2
[*] scifi_nodes:rough
[*] scifi_nodes:lighttop
[*] scifi_nodes:black
[*] scifi_nodes:blacktile
[*] scifi_nodes:blackplate
[*] scifi_nodes:blacktile2
[*] scifi_nodes:blackvent
[*] scifi_nodes:greenmetal
[*] scifi_nodes:green_square
[*] scifi_nodes:greenlights2
[*] scifi_nodes:greenbar

P.S. : This is quite a lot of SciFi nodes added to circular saw. These choices are based on graphically clear nodes plus looks too. So, no further addition into the list please. :)
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

tm3 wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT:

Some SciFi nodes have been added to circular saw, so that you guys can make beautiful contoured structures.(much awaited by Aule :P).
tks for contribution from tm3&Aule.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

tm3 wrote:...
Hi Linus, yes if not for flower, we have weed to keep it near to reality(not the weed anyone thinking in mind ;P, it's NOT "smoke weed everyday"; weed is a wild small plant which can be grow on pot too). We have no use of weed at all in minetest. So, this is a good opportunity.
"smoke weed"? maybe weed could be crafted to cigarette...XD

collecting oxgen from plant is great idea,just make sure the amount of oxgen generated by plants will be as reality. for example about 7~8trees could offer oxgen for one person(not sure it's totaly correct,i read it before).
Green house was my idea but don't know will take a long time. My formula was as the atmosphere is thin there, it has too much of radiation, some more co2 true. But tree can't grow properly in radiation. So, protecting them under a dome like a green house is good. Plus, it will look like we are colonising rather than converting/filling up mars landscape with trees. But, we can discuss later on that :)
maybe we could red this(https://www.hunker.com/12227651/the-eff ... -on-plants) ,in taiwan somebody put plants near computer to decrease the radiation.

but i also read about that radiation will make the seeds get some problem when germinating. so maybe we could make that:
1. in green house(for collecting oxgen?) tree&fruit(with oxgen?) grow normal,seasons take low effect/chance to them(tweak mymonth mod).
2.outside trees grown normal,but leaves fall/rise as season. and fruit growth wil be affected(chance to turn to bad quality,recovery HP less then normal fruit,it's easy to make ABM&new item&tweak tree related mod).
Last edited by linushsao on Wed May 24, 2017 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

5).TODO-List

Mahal

by Mahal » Post

tm3, thank you for adding the scifi_nodes to the moreblocks saw!!!
I really like see your code for that, since you said
i have found another way quite easy to do this thing
:)

Sadly I also have to ask for some mod improvement:

The UFO always vanishes , when a player tries to pick it up, while his inventory is full! This is a very unusual behaviour and annoying, since an ufo needs 1 mese block to build. I hope it can be changed to default behaviour - ufo is droped as item , when inventory is full - as it happens with carts, boats, other nodes! Maybe code like in "boats" https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... s/init.lua - around line 116 can be used..

-- if no room in inventory add a replacement boat to the world
	   if not leftover:is_empty() then
		minetest.add_item(self.object:getpos(), leftover)
end

And the ufo mod could also need code which allows "placing front-side in view direction" .. because changing the driving direction is very slow (like boats). Maybe code from boats at line 247 is usable?

boat:setyaw(placer:get_look_horizontal())