[Mod]Lightning[lightning] (weather|environment|fire)

MoNTE48
Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:58
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by MoNTE48 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:55

Code: Select all
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback environment_Step(): Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback node_on_construct(): ...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:41: Invalid core.after invocation
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]:    [C]: in function 'assert'
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]:    ...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:41: in function 'after'
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]:    ....1.0-win64\bin\..\games\default\files\lightning\init.lua:203: in function <....1.0-win64\bin\..\games\default\files\lightning\init.lua:201>
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]:    [C]: in function 'set_node'
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]:    ....1.0-win64\bin\..\games\default\files\lightning\init.lua:153: in function 'func'
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]:    ...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:34: in function <...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:11>
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]:    ...\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:369: in function <...\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:349>
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]:    [C]: in function 'set_node'
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]:    ....1.0-win64\bin\..\games\default\files\lightning\init.lua:153: in function 'func'
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]:    ...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:34: in function <...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:11>
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]:    ...\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:369: in function <...\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:349>
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by sofar » Fri Mar 25, 2016 17:00

Martin_Devil wrote:
Code: Select all
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback environment_Step(): Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback node_on_construct(): ...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:41: Invalid core.after invocation


MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64, what is that?

No seriously, go away. Try it on minetest instead, I can't possibly know or want to support clones or forks.
 

User avatar
jp
Member
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 09:03
Location: France
GitHub: kilbith

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by jp » Fri Mar 25, 2016 17:30

sofar wrote:MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64, what is that?

An unethical fork from which Martin_Devil (aka "MoNTE48") is the author : viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14057
 

MoNTE48
Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:58
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by MoNTE48 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 17:53

sofar wrote:
Martin_Devil wrote:
Code: Select all
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback environment_Step(): Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback node_on_construct(): ...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:41: Invalid core.after invocation


MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64, what is that?

No seriously, go away. Try it on minetest instead, I can't possibly know or want to support clones or forks.

This is Minetest 0.4.13-master.
 

MoNTE48
Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:58
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by MoNTE48 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 17:55

jp wrote:
sofar wrote:MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64, what is that?

An unethical fork from which Martin_Devil (aka "MoNTE48") is the author : viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14057


You can bring proof of his words? Or is it silly nonsense person who does not know what permissions gives LGPL
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by sofar » Fri Mar 25, 2016 19:13

Martin_Devil wrote:
sofar wrote:
Martin_Devil wrote:
Code: Select all
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback environment_Step(): Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback node_on_construct(): ...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:41: Invalid core.after invocation


MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64, what is that?

No seriously, go away. Try it on minetest instead, I can't possibly know or want to support clones or forks.

This is Minetest 0.4.13-master.


Is it 0.4.13, or is it master? It can't be both.

If you really want to *seriously* help out find bugs, then DO US ALL A FAVOR, and stop reporting bugs against your fork. Make a clean checkout of minetest and minetest_game from *git*, and then re-test your problematic test case. If you find a bug in there, then you've found a bug.
 

MoNTE48
Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:58
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by MoNTE48 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 19:18

sofar wrote:
Is it 0.4.13, or is it master? It can't be both.

If you really want to *seriously* help out find bugs, then DO US ALL A FAVOR, and stop reporting bugs against your fork. Make a clean checkout of minetest and minetest_game from *git*, and then re-test your problematic test case. If you find a bug in there, then you've found a bug.


I'll do it later. I use the master, my changes are superficial, no change api
 

User avatar
rpgsniper2452
New member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 15:04
GitHub: rpgsniper2452
IRC: rpgsniper2452
In-game: rpgsniper2452

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by rpgsniper2452 » Mon May 16, 2016 18:07

Very nice mod. But it's a shame you couldn't control the lightning to make it hit only a certain spot if desired. If that was the case though you could have a staff that will strike anyone who is hit by the staff.
 

User avatar
xeranas
Member
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:06

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by xeranas » Mon May 16, 2016 19:55

rpgsniper2452 wrote:Very nice mod. But it's a shame you couldn't control the lightning to make it hit only a certain spot if desired. If that was the case though you could have a staff that will strike anyone who is hit by the staff.

Any mod can control strike location if they want it by using `lightning.strike(pos)`. It would be relative simple to implement buildin command, but it would be just one variation. For e.g. server oriented admin mod only needs lightning dependecy and they can define variations whatever they want (e.g. lightning strike on player pos + kick player - with single command).
 

User avatar
Diamond knight
Member
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 19:50
Location: Chilling in Constantinople
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by Diamond knight » Wed May 18, 2016 13:15

minetest.register_craftitem("lightningrod:rod",{
description = "lightning rod",
inventory_image = "default_stick.png",
stack_max = 1,
on_place = function(itemstack, placer, pointed_thing)
if pointed_thing.type == "node" then
local p = pointed_thing.above
lightning.strike(p) if minetest.setting_getbool("cat") then itemstack:take_item() end
return itemstack
end
end,
})


boom, i do not know how to upload to github so it takes hour to upload so here is code
 

User avatar
Dopium
Member
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 15:43
Location: Australia

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by Dopium » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:09

With the latest dev build this mod is crashing minetest to desktop. Im using xeranus's weather mod and when it begins to strike lightening, the program will crash. Problem im having is the debug log isn't showing any errors, it did once awhile back but im still searching through the log to find it. Not a hundred percent sure but i think since the changes of particles behavior may have something to do with it.

The most i can find is this error that looks to be caused from the weather mod however only happens when lightening begins striking.
Code: Select all
2016-07-08 12:19:45: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "dtime" accessed at ...160707\bin\..\games\minetest_2.0\mods\weather\rain\init.lua:143
 

User avatar
Don
Member
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 18:40
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by Don » Sat Jul 09, 2016 15:55

I tested latest lightning, MT and mymonths. Watched several lightning strikes and had no errors or crashes.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by sofar » Sat Jul 09, 2016 22:11

Dopium wrote:
Code: Select all
2016-07-08 12:19:45: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "dtime" accessed at ...160707\bin\..\games\minetest_2.0\mods\weather\rain\init.lua:143


Seems like the crash is not in *this* mod, but the *rain* mod.
 

User avatar
Dopium
Member
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 15:43
Location: Australia

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by Dopium » Sun Jul 10, 2016 00:36

Yeah that's what i though however it is strange that it only happens when raining and i get about two lightening strikes until it crashes. I can have it raining for over an hour with no problems but whenever the lightening starts the two mods are clashing. This also began when i started using the latest dev build which has some changes to particles.

You're most likely right it maybe a bug with xeranus's weather mod therefor i will post the issue there aswell. There is also another bug i noticed with xeranus's weather mod anyway i might aswell bring to his attention. Thanks for having a look anyway
 

britt
New member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 00:42

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by britt » Sat Nov 19, 2016 05:09

sofar,

I've used your Lightning mod as a dependency of a mod of my own and had to make a few changes to your mod. If you are interested in these changes, I'll figure out how to create a pull request.

Changes:
  • Fixed a bug that would leave the player's sky permanently white after two lightning strikes occur in rapid succession.
  • Added ability to optionally specify the strength of a lightning strike (light, medium, heavy), with a default of "light".
  • Added variation in the damage a player takes based on how close he is to the strike point.
 

User avatar
ErrorNull
Member
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 00:43

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by ErrorNull » Sat Nov 19, 2016 16:36

cool. i would love to see the changes you've made to this lightening mod. i alsi use it with my mods.
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by sofar » Mon Nov 21, 2016 03:04

britt wrote:sofar,

I've used your Lightning mod as a dependency of a mod of my own and had to make a few changes to your mod. If you are interested in these changes, I'll figure out how to create a pull request.

Changes:
  • Fixed a bug that would leave the player's sky permanently white after two lightning strikes occur in rapid succession.
  • Added ability to optionally specify the strength of a lightning strike (light, medium, heavy), with a default of "light".
  • Added variation in the damage a player takes based on how close he is to the strike point.


Yup, go ahead and make a pull request! Check the github help - it's quite well explained!
 

User avatar
texmex
Member
 
Posts: 1623
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 21:08
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by texmex » Tue Apr 18, 2017 18:50

stu wrote:It's a real shame the particles cannot emit light

This will become possible in the next release, am I right? Just found out and thought of this mod. Perhaps I can create a PR, but I'm no developer.
Use particle glow to brighten up the lightning.

You're already on it I see!
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by sofar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 23:31

texmex wrote:
Use particle glow to brighten up the lightning.

You're already on it I see!


yes, I think I added that 2 months ago already?
 

User avatar
GreenDimond
Member
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 01:26
Location: SCP-3008
GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by GreenDimond » Tue Apr 25, 2017 03:56

Are the thunder sounds real thunder samples?
Y▹uTube | Mods | Patre●n | Twitter | Minetest Discord | GreenDimond#3232

Hey, you. You're finally awake.
You were trying to view their profile, right? Found the rest of their signature, same as us, and that guest over there.
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by sofar » Tue Apr 25, 2017 05:06

GreenDimond wrote:Are the thunder sounds real thunder samples?


From the README:

Sounds:
thunder.1.ogg - CC-BY-SA - hantorio - http://www.freesound.org/people/hantorio/sounds/121945/
thunder.2.ogg - CC-BY-SA - juskiddink - http://www.freesound.org/people/juskiddink/sounds/101948/
thunder.3.ogg - CC-BY-SA - IllusiaProductions - http://www.freesound.org/people/IllusiaProductions/sounds/249950/

Click those links and you can see about the origin yourself!
 

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
 
Posts: 3644
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by Wuzzy » Tue May 30, 2017 14:52

Please list all dependencies in first post, thank you.
My creations. I gladly accept bitcoins: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH
 

robert2
New member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 07:10
GitHub: --
IRC: --
In-game: robert2

Re: [Mod]Lightning[lightning] (weather|environment|fire)

by robert2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 07:34

very need to make chat code to enable / disable lighting.
I try make to code but its only disable lighting ( when write /light false ) but when write /light true its still wont make any strike.... maybe someone can explain why this code dont work ? :)

minetest.register_chatcommand("light", {
params = "<lighting>",
description = "lighting on off",
privs = {lighting= false},

func = function(name, param)

if param == "true" then
lightning.auto = true
minetest.chat_send_player(name,
"lighting enabled")

else
lightning.auto = false
minetest.chat_send_player(name,
"lighting disabled")

return
end
end
})
 

Astrobe
Member
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:46

Re: [Mod]Lightning[lightning] (weather|environment|fire)

by Astrobe » Sat Aug 25, 2018 17:19

That's because the mod uses a timer which is not rearmed once you have set lightning.auto to false.
lightning.strike will rearm it if lightning.auto is true, so all you have to do is call manually lightning.strike() once.
 

paulvdv
Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:01

Re: [Mod]Lightning[lightning] (weather|environment|fire)

by paulvdv » Thu Oct 11, 2018 20:28

Thanks for this mod! After some time using it, I find there is too often lightning. How can I control how often there is lightning?
 

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests