[Mod] Unified Dyes [20170620][unifieddyes]

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

I stumbled upon this small typo for the lightgrey dye:

line 108:

groups = { dye=1, excolor_red_violet=1, unicolor_red_violet=1, not_in_creative_inventory=1 }

I guess it must be:

groups = { dye=1, excolor_light_grey=1, unicolor_light_grey=1, not_in_creative_inventory=1 }

Edit: I forgot the not_in_creative_inventory=1 part.
Last edited by Topywo on Sun Aug 11, 2013 23:25, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Oops! fixed in git.

(you were close, it should be excolor_lightgrey and unicolor_light_grey).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Azuna

by Azuna » Post

is there this for an earlier version? say, 0.4.4? (sorry :P)

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Azuna wrote:is there this for an earlier version? say, 0.4.4? (sorry :P)
Maybe this one works:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/654 ... 02d5c).zip

You'll need an flower mod too. I hope this works fine:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/654 ... 4c093).zip

VanessaE

Re: [Mod] Unified Dyes [20130721][unifieddyes]

by VanessaE » Post

This mod now supports the engine's hardware-based, dynamic param2 colorization method.

In light of that, I've added functions to the mod to allow other mods to call into it for more direct color handling. In particular, there are:
  • Several palettes that implement the standard Unified Dyes color scheme, in various forms to support the different types of param2 coloring supported by the engine:
    • The master palette contains 89 colors (and 167 unused pixels; maybe I'll add more colors, as it should be trivial to do so), arranged in a form similar to the image in the first post of this thread, but rotated
    • The "wallmounted" palette contains 32 colors, comprised of eight hues (red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, violet, and magenta), each in three shades (full, medium, and dark), plus black, light grey, medium grey, dark grey, and white, and also pink, brown, and light blue.
    • The "colorfacedir" palettes consist of thirteen 8x1 pixel strips - one per base hue (red, orange, yellow, ...), each containing the 7 standard lightness+saturation variants for that hue (plus one white, unused pixel). That makes twelve; the thirteenth one is for the five greys (plus three unused pixels). When using these palettes, you must provide 13 unique nodes in your mod, named with an appropriate hue and linked to the appropriate palette. Together, they comprise the full 89 colors.
  • An on_use handler which is applied to all dyes, to deal with coloring a node that's been placed in the world. In order for a node to respond to this, you must add "ud_param2_colorable = 1" to its groups, plus appropriate palette and paramtype2 settings.
  • An after_dig_node handler you can add to your node definition, to deal with giving back the color last used on the node
  • Palette lookup handlers for mods to use elsewhere (for example, in an LBM used to convert old static nodes to dynamic colorization)
Mods that use Unified Dyes are not required to use these new functions, but of course it's strongly encouraged, as doing so gives your mod access to the entire palette without requiring hundreds of static nodes.

You will need a Minetest engine build made on January 24 (actually git commit d04d8aba), or newer, an equivalent update for minetest_game, otherwise newly-placed blocks that use the above handlers can't actually be colored (as far as I know, just nothing will happen).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

Re: [Mod] Unified Dyes [git][unifieddyes]

by VanessaE » Post

Small update: added light_blue to that last unused slot in the "colorwallmounted" palette.

Another small update: a few colors were not correct to UD standard, so I completely re-drew the main palette with RGB values set manually, then adjusted brightess and saturation as needed for each shade, then did a bunch of copy-and-paste to re-generate the "colorwallmounted" and split palettes (pink and brown in the former remain unchanged).

cheapie
GitHub: cheapie
IRC: cheapie
In-game: cheapie

Re: [Mod] Unified Dyes [git][unifieddyes]

by cheapie » Post

VanessaE wrote:a few colors were not correct to UD standard
Says the person that made the color swatches I got the values from :P

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I plead the fifth :P

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Players who are using 0.4.15 stable may prefer this version. Newest version is for 0.4.15-dev and beyond.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This mod now supports a full 256-color palette (see first post for details). I have also temporarily dropped support for that "unicolor"/"excolor" groups stuff, since nothing used it that I'm aware of.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've added all of the necessary crafting recipes, and made a few minor tweaks to the greys in the new palette (and how they're mapped to default dyes). That should complete the extended palette upgrade.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Another update, just a couple minor bugfixes

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

And another update: added easier recipes for the more esoteric colors. All of the hues should now be directly craftable from just red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet, in addition to the recipes from before (e.g. you could still go through about four crafting steps to get fuchsia if you want :P ).

EDIT: missed a few. added.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Unified dyes now supports automatic colorization of nodes - place a node, punch it with dye, and from then on, each node of that same kind that you place will automatically take on the color you used, until you run out of that dye color. Unified Dyes will print a message at the start and end of auto-coloring.

If you switch to and place some other kind of colorable node, or if you shift-punch any node while wielding dye, Unified Dyes will print a message and switch auto-color off (until you color something again).

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Hi,

many and many thanks for your beautiful works (mods and so on)!
I have one simply question:
when I enable the unifieddies mod, in the dependencies menu it appear default and dye...

who I find the dye mod? I found this:
https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... r/mods/dye

but I don't understand..... what I wrong?

Thanks again...
R
Attachments
unifieddyes.png
unifieddyes.png (25.68 KiB) Viewed 1563 times

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You've done nothing wrong. "default" and "dye" are the names of two of the components in minetest_game and are enabled by default (as are all components thereof). Since Unified Dyes acts as an extension on top of that dye mod, it of course depends on it. Like most mods, Unified Dyes depends on "default" as well.

Also make sure you're using the fork of BobBlocks from the minetest-mods group, https://github.com/minetest-mods/BobBlocks, and not RabbiBob's original. His is outdated. :)

(deleted your post from Bob Blocks thread since you already figured out the issue)

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Hi,

You were very kind to answer! Many thanks...

I downloaded the zip file you recommended but the problem persist...

regards

R
Attachments
error.png
error.png (26.6 KiB) Viewed 1563 times

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

As a rough guess, I would say you grabbed mismatched versions of Unified Dyes and BobBlocks. It appears you're running 0.4.15 stable, so make sure Unified Dyes, BobBlocks, and all mods that depend on Unified Dyes are the 0.4.15 versions. All of them mention a suitable link in their forum threads/first posts.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Using the 0.4.15 stable version of this mod, my server is crashing.

Code: Select all

2017-06-01 11:56:41: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/bbmine/.minetest/games/noob_academy/mods/unifieddyes/init.lua:
2017-06-01 11:56:41: ERROR[Main]: ...e/.minetest/games/noob_academy/mods/unifieddyes/init.lua:36: attempt to index field 'settings' (a nil value)
2017-06-01 11:56:41: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-06-01 11:56:41: ERROR[Main]: 	...e/.minetest/games/noob_academy/mods/unifieddyes/init.lua:36: in main chunk
Please help.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It looks like you're not actually using the 0.4.15-compatible version of Unified Dyes, as that version has intllib-related code in that part of init.lua. Those 'settings' calls were added on May 12.

You'll need to either update your engine (or wait for 0.4.16 to come out, about 3 days hence, if it's on schedule), or downgrade your copy of Unified Dyes. That may entail cloning it to a separate folder, doing `git checkout 0.4.15` therein, then using the result to overwrite the copy that's in your sub-game.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

VanessaE wrote:It looks like you're not actually using the 0.4.15-compatible version of Unified Dyes, as that version has intllib-related code in that part of init.lua. Those 'settings' calls were added on May 12.

You'll need to either update your engine (or wait for 0.4.16 to come out, about 3 days hence, if it's on schedule), or downgrade your copy of Unified Dyes. That may entail cloning it to a separate folder, doing `git checkout 0.4.15` therein, then using the result to overwrite the copy that's in your sub-game.
I tried to downgrade the mod to the version that your fist post said was 0.4.15-stable compatible.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Something must have gone wrong on your end, as `git show 0.4.15` on my end points me at commit d21cbc12, which is where the ZIP in the first post goes.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

I clicked this: https://github.com/minetest-mods/unifie ... 3531cc.zip. It gives me the same thing. :P

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Nope, something is wrong on your end. I downloaded and extracted that ZIP and it is exactly what it should be.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

VanessaE wrote:Nope, something is wrong on your end. I downloaded and extracted that ZIP and it is exactly what it should be.
But, whenever I extract it, it's the same old thing.....

EDIT: It works now! It was something on my end! It had to do with how I synced the mods to the server. :P