[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

by VanessaE » Post

It was never meant to be tidal, and it still works fine for low-head situations like a horizontal channel running past it with a water source a few meters away. It doesn't count water nodes, it just takes advantage of what the engine does to make water flow normally, and adds up the param2 values of the few water nodes horizontally-adjacent to the turbine.

All it takes to get 100% output is to place a water source directly on top of the turbine and let it flow downward (I should add a check to prevent that, actually).

The dam on my Survival server (30001) has a whole bunch of them stacked up inside it, with water pouring over them courtesy of a big artificial lake that was built a few years before flowing water became necessary, with a bunch of holes cut in the inner wall of the dam to let the water through.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Vince
GitHub: vaggrippino
IRC: Vince
In-game: Vince

by Vince » Post

I've revised my LV Generator Setup including both the Hydro and Geothermal generators. It's a little hard to explain and using ASCII art can only give a cross-section.
  • I have water sources sitting next to the generator on two opposite corners.
  • The holes on the sides adjacent to the generator go two nodes deep so the water flows into these holes from the sources.
  • Adjacent to one of the flowing water holes is a Geothermal generator and on the other side of the Geothermal generator is another 2-node-deep hole for the lava.
  • I put a single Lava source in the hole on top, so it flows down into the hole below it.
Both generators have 100% output.

I encased the whole thing in granite. That's mostly for aesthetic value, but it helps remind me not to flood my basement with lava when building below the generator :)

The following screenshot was taken on my own single player server. At this point, I've already moved on to MV power, but I haven't built a CNC machine yet. So, it's just there for looks.

The green brick floor and dark green glass ceiling are completely unrelated, but they're both from the Coloured Blocks mod. I was going for an earthy theme.

I'll attach the WorldEdit file I created so that I don't have to rebuild this every time I rebuild my server. This contains the switching station, battery box, and the entire granite section. Overall, it's a 5x5x7 region.
Attachments
LV-Hydro+Geothermal_Generators.we
WorldEdit for ideal Hydro + Geothermal generators
(14.26 KiB) Downloaded 207 times

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Soon, I will post a huge long line of screenshots of stuff my friend and I did on a survival server with Technic. It's pretty great :D
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

MinisterFarrigut
In-game: singleplayer

by MinisterFarrigut » Post

Hey, I'm having an issue with Technic. For some reason everytime I enable Technic and Pipeworks on a world with the quartz and home decor mod, the quartz and home decor mods don't work. They become unknown nodes. These two mods seem to be the only ones affected by Technic and Pipeworks. What is happening?
I build buildings. I don't usually make mods...I use them.

LaserJet
In-game: LaserJet

by LaserJet » Post

Hi I wanted this mod so I could test a nuclear meltdown on my singleplayer so could someone please tell me what to do since I heard it had problems so please help me out how to do it on MOBILE
In order, LaserJet, RubyJet, and xYOSIYAx are my usernames with my currently used one is xYOSIYAx (because I had to have the same username everywhere). You may call me xY or my username

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Nuclear reactor = HUGE complex building not documented last time I checked. (Correct me if is)
But this is from what I remember
C=Concrete
I=Wrought Iron
N=Reactor Core
W=Water Source
V=High Voltage Cable

C C C C C C C
C I I I I I C
C I W W W I C
C I W N W I C
C I W V W I C
C I I V I I C
C C C V C C C

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Nuclear reactor with a cable coming up from below. Surround that with 3x3x3 water source, 5x5x5 lead blocks, 7x7x7 blast-resistant concrete, then 9x9x9 regular concrete. Cross-section through the center:

Code: Select all

CCCCCCCCC
CBBBBBBBC
CBLLLLLBC
CBLWWWLBC
CBLWOWLBC
CBLW|WLBC
CBLL|LLBC
CBBB|BBBC
CCCC|CCCC
Where C = concrete, B = blast-resistant concrete, L = lead block, W = water source, O = the reactor core, and "|" is the cable.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

u34

by u34 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Nuclear reactor with a cable coming up from below. Surround that with 3x3x3 water source, 5x5x5 lead blocks, 7x7x7 blast-resistant concrete, then 9x9x9 regular concrete. Cross-section through the center:

CCCCCCCCC
CBBBBBBBC
CBLLLLLBC
CBLWWWLBC
CBLWOWLBC
CBLW|WLBC
CBLL|LLBC
CBBB|BBBC
CCCC|CCCC
Where C = concrete, B = blast-resistant concrete, L = lead block, W = water source, O = the reactor core, and "|" is the cable.
nice. +1
remember the reactor accident of cernobyl.
there should be a simulated accident with a nuclear clouds and a pollution around the reactor buildiing.
Or is that to difficult to release, but this is not the right thread for this. i know sorry about this words.

MinisterFarrigut

I kinda feel like my post above was ignored but I don't want to bug you all...could I have some input on my problem?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Minister, I would have said something but I don't actually know what's wrong, unless there's a misnamed mod?

MinisterFarrigut

It's all right. I actually fixed the problem somehow. I guess it was a misnamed mod.

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Thanks VE :)

Vince
GitHub: vaggrippino
IRC: Vince
In-game: Vince

by Vince » Post

ABJ wrote:Nuclear reactor = HUGE complex building not documented last time I checked. (Correct me if is)
The entire process for enriching uranium and building the nuclear reactor is very well documented: https://github.com/minetest-mods/techni ... -generator

I've built it a few times on singleplayer servers. I almost caused a meltdown once by digging a block that I shouldn't have. If you go through all the trouble to build the thing, it's pretty easy to avoid causing a meltdown.

If you want to see a meltdown without causing it yourself, there's a video on YouTube.

data8e
GitHub: data8e
In-game: data8e

by data8e » Post

every time i try to enable the Technic Mod i get a strange error message. Can anyone help me out with this? Please and thank you. I am posting a pic of the error with this.
Attachments
Screenshot_20170606_202405.png
Screenshot_20170606_202405.png (711.71 KiB) Viewed 1552 times

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

You need to rename the technic folder to just "technic" and not "technic-master".

data8e
GitHub: data8e
In-game: data8e

by data8e » Post

ok thanks

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Nore wrote:You need to rename the technic folder to just "technic" and not "technic-master".
Wasn't it solvable by providing the correct name in mod.conf?

See viewtopic.php?p=201061#p201061 ff.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Nore wrote:You need to rename the technic folder to just "technic" and not "technic-master".
Wasn't it solvable by providing the correct name in mod.conf?

See viewtopic.php?p=201061#p201061 ff.
Yes, but as you can see in his screenshot, data8e uses 0.4.13.

@data8e: You should update you minetest version to 0.4.16.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Enkidu
In-game: Enkidu

by Enkidu » Post

VanessaE wrote:Nuclear reactor with a cable coming up from below. Surround that with 3x3x3 water source, 5x5x5 lead blocks, 7x7x7 blast-resistant concrete, then 9x9x9 regular concrete. Cross-section through the center:

CCCCCCCCC
CBBBBBBBC
CBLLLLLBC
CBLWWWLBC
CBLWOWLBC
CBLW|WLBC
CBLL|LLBC
CBBB|BBBC
CCCC|CCCC
Darn! I wish I'd known about the Lead Blocks. I picked up a recipe that used Stainless Steel Blocks, which took ages to gather the ores and create.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Oh and I forgot to mention, the checks are done such that you're allowed to be missing exactly two nodes from each layer. Where the missing nodes are taken from doesn't actually matter, but of course that's what allows you to dig the usual vertical 1x1 holes in from the bottom (to place the HV cables) and the top (refuel/maintenance access). :-)

Desour
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

VanessaE wrote:two nodes from each layer
Well, not from the water layer.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

John_Constructor
GitHub: John-Constructor
In-game: Nooberton

by John_Constructor » Post

I have crashed twice while placing a circuit with just an HV cable, HV Battery Box, and Switching Station. All items were connected.

2017-06-28 18:35:13: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer joins game. List of players: singleplayer
2017-06-28 18:35:13: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'technic' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): ...technic-master\technic/machines/register/battery_box.lua:137: attempt to index upvalue 'fs_helpers' (a nil value)
2017-06-28 18:35:13: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-06-28 18:35:13: ERROR[Main]: 	...technic-master\technic/machines/register/battery_box.lua:137: in function 'add_on_off_buttons'
2017-06-28 18:35:13: ERROR[Main]: 	...technic-master\technic/machines/register/battery_box.lua:257: in function 'technic_run'
2017-06-28 18:35:13: ERROR[Main]: 	...ds\technic-master\technic/machines/switching_station.lua:248: in function 'run_nodes'
2017-06-28 18:35:13: ERROR[Main]: 	...ds\technic-master\technic/machines/switching_station.lua:255: in function <...ds\technic-master\technic/machines/switching_station.lua:197>
2017-06-28 18:35:13: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players: 
Without the Battery Box. It seems to run fine though.
Constructing mechs and wingless aircraft since 2016.

Desour

by Desour » Post

@John_Constructor: Are you using an old pipeworks version?

John_Constructor
GitHub: John-Constructor
In-game: Nooberton

by John_Constructor » Post

I believe I have downloaded Pipeworks in mid to late 2016, the latest version of that time.

EDIT: Works now, thank you very much.
Constructing mechs and wingless aircraft since 2016.

koby-minetest
GitHub: koby-minetest
IRC: koby koby2
In-game: koby koby2 JinjaNinja

by koby-minetest » Post

I LOVE THIS MODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by koby-minetest on Sat Jul 01, 2017 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
hi im koby i like playing minetest
HELP mcg, she needs help
P.S i stole her line.