[Mod] Pipeworks [git] [pipeworks]

depassages

Re: [Mod] Pipeworks [20131128] [pipeworks]

by depassages » Post

thanks

Doctor_Propain

by Doctor_Propain » Post

Was the API for accessing minetest.conf recently changed? When I try to use this mod, I get the following LUA error:

Code: Select all

2017-06-13 12:50:55: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/simon/.minetest/mods/pipeworks/init.lua:
2017-06-13 12:50:55: ERROR[Main]: /home/simon/.minetest/mods/pipeworks/default_settings.lua:33: attempt to index field 'settings' (a nil value)
2017-06-13 12:50:55: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-06-13 12:50:55: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/simon/.minetest/mods/pipeworks/default_settings.lua:33: in main chunk
2017-06-13 12:50:55: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'dofile'
2017-06-13 12:50:55: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/simon/.minetest/mods/pipeworks/init.lua:16: in main chunk
2017-06-13 12:50:55: ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for details.
Based on the Pipeworks source, the relevant section of code is here:

for name, value in pairs(settings) do
	local setting_type = type(value)
	if setting_type == "boolean" then
		pipeworks[name] = minetest.settings:get_bool(prefix..name)
		if pipeworks[name] == nil then
			pipeworks[name] = value
		end
	else
		pipeworks[name] = value
	end
end
I'm running Minetest v0.4.15, the one my package manager (pacman on Manjaro) provides. The documentation I can find on the Minetest wiki here indicates that the correct way to access settings is the following way:

minetest.setting_getbool()
rather than

minetest.settings:get_bool()
which is what pipeworks is using. Is the mod incompatible with my version of Minetest?

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Doctor_Propain, may be should you update the game? I am not good in Lua of course...

Doctor_Propain

by Doctor_Propain » Post

That might very well be it, considering this recent change to the mod's code. I'm a bit puzzled, because the change was made on May 18, prior to the 0.4.16 release, so it should be operational with 0.4.15, which I'm running.

Edit: I found a comment on the above link that explains it a bit better.
0.4.15 is too old. Those calls only exist in recent development builds of Minetest, and will be in 0.4.16, which will be released on or around June 4.
I'll just wait for the package maintainers to update to 0.4.16 then. I might also be able to get a previous version of Pipeworks.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

Crossing Tube Help Re: [Mod] Pipeworks

by dawgdoc » Post

I am looking for some usage information regarding the Crossing Pneumatic Tube Segments.
I have looked through the Pipeworks wiki on github and searched this thread in the forum. Using the search term "crossing tube" I received no results. Limiting the search term to "crossing" I also received no results. When I use "tube" as my search term I received 29 results for either tube or Tube. None seemed to pertain to the Crossing Tubes.

A link to a reference would be adequate, as would a explanation in this thread.
Spoiler
What I am attempting is, once items arrive at a sorting tube, to route them along several paths to particular chests. Perhaps as a result of wanting to use each of the faces of the sorting tube, I have not devised a method of routing the various egress tubes to chests without either a contorted tube layout or route in the space available. To simplify my setup I am seeking to incorporate the crossing tubes; thinking they allow a tube junction with the moved items continuing straight ahead and not diverting to right or left.

When I couldn't find guidance on using the crossing tubes in my searches I built several layouts using an input chest, filter-injector, sorting tube, crossing tubes and three chests. Essentially I am moving one group of items down the White path to Chest W, a second group down the Black path to Chest B, and a third group down the Red path to Chest R. The White path does not intersect either of the other two paths and only the correct items go to Chest W. I have the Red and Black paths crossing at right angles and continuing to the indicated chests. Regardless of how the junction is constructed using crossing tubes and plain pneumatic tube segments I always end with a mix of items from the Red and Black paths going into each of chests B and R. If a particular item has multiple stacks approaching the junction; sometimes all stacks of the item go the same direction and at other times some stacks go to Chest B and some to Chest R. Chests B and R do not always receive the same number of stacks. None of my attempts resulted in the stacks being sorted as I hoped.
Spoiler
Legend:
  • CB = Chest B, CR = Chest R, CW = Chest W
    CT = Crossing Tube, PT = Plain Tube, ST = Sorting Tube
    BP = Black Path, RP = Red Path, WP = White Path
    Junction = +
Simplified Layout
  • WP - Tube - CA;
    BP - Tubes - + - Tubes - CB;
    RP - Tubes - + - Tubes CR
Also shown as:
  • ST - WP - PT - CW
    ST - BP - Tubes - + - Tubes - CB
    ST - RP - Tubes - + - Tubes - CR
Unsuccessful Attempts

1st Trial - all junction tubes were CT
  • ST - WP - PT - CW
    ST - BP - PT-CT - + - CT-PT - CB
    ST - RP - PT-CT - + - CT-PT - CR
2nd Trial - upper junction tubes were CT
  • ST - WP - PT - CW
    ST - BP - PT-CT - + - PT-PT - CB
    ST - RP - PT-CT - + - PT-PT - CR
3rd Trial - lower junction tubes were CT
  • ST - WP - PT - CW
    ST - BP - PT-PT - + - CT-PT - CB
    ST - RP - PT-PT - + - CT-PT - CR
4th Trial - junction tubes only for BP were CT
  • ST - WP - PT - CW
    ST - BP - PT-CT - + - CT-PT - CB
    ST - RP - PT-PT - + - PT-PT - CR
5th Trial - junction tubes only for RP were CT
  • ST - WP - PT - CW
    ST - BP - PT-PT - + - PT-PT - CB
    ST - RP - PT-CT - + - CT-PT - CR
6th Trial - no tubes were CT
  • ST - WP - PT - CW
    ST - BP - PT-PT - + - PT-PT - CB
    ST - RP - PT-PT - + - PT-PT - CR
7th through 11th Trials
  • One of the four junction tubes was CT the other three were PT
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

@dawgdoc: When an item passes a crossing tube, it will always go straight further.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

DS-minetest wrote:@dawgdoc: When an item passes a crossing tube, it will always go straight further.
Thanks for replying.
I thought I had tried every possible combination of using the crossing tube, w/o satisfactory results.
I will try again, maybe making a screencast of my attempts rather than the inadequate schematics above.

dawgdoc

Crossing Tube Help [Solved}

by dawgdoc » Post

dawgdoc wrote:
DS-minetest wrote:@dawgdoc: When an item passes a crossing tube, it will always go straight further.
Thanks for replying.
I thought I had tried every possible combination of using the crossing tube, w/o satisfactory results.
I will try again, maybe making a screencast of my attempts rather than the inadequate schematics above.
I was over complicating the use of Crossing Pneumatic Tube Segments. But, based on the trouble I have seen in Youtube mod reviews and Let's Play videos this doesn't seem to be an uncommon problem.
Spoiler
  • ST - WP - PT - CW
    ST - BP - PT - CT - PT - CB
    ST - RP - PT - CT - PT - CR
The only Crossing Tube to be placed is at the junction.
Spoiler

BP
           -
          PT
           -
RP - PT - CT - PT - CR
           -
          PT
           -
          CB

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Dumb question, but why do all the pipe segments sound like wood instead of metal? xD

mase
In-game: mase

by mase » Post

I get this error with minetest 0.4.16 and pipeworks git on Debian Stretch:
Spoiler

ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /usr/share/games/minetest/games/myworld/mods/pipeworks/init.lua:
ERROR[Main]: /usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/common/misc_helpers.lua:590: table index is nil
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/common/misc_helpers.lua:590: in function 'copy'
ERROR[Main]: 	...test/games/myworld/mods/pipeworks/compat-chests.lua:93: in main chunk
ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'dofile'
ERROR[Main]: 	...ames/minetest/games/myworld/mods/pipeworks/init.lua:117: in main chunk

mase
In-game: mase

by mase » Post

Only the server is affected, not the client. I files a bug on github:
https://github.com/minetest-mods/pipeworks/issues/189

Edit: My minetest game checkout wasn't constistent. It works now!

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

What does "exact match" and "sequence slots by" do for digiline filter-injectors do? Even when exact match is deactivated, it doesn't seem to work with anything that isn't an exact match, and there aren't any slots to sequence.

Also, is it possible to filter by any of: string, mod, custom-defined list of items, or no filter (i.e. use a digiline injector like a regular one)?

GFX_Garage
GitHub: GraphicsGarage
In-game: GFX

by GFX_Garage » Post

I've found that the deployer won't plant seeds. Why is that?
"Well it is an ambiguous enterprise, and fraught with contradiction, but forward, ever forward" ~ Terence McKenna

https://www.youtube.com/user/GraphicsGarage/featured

http://torywright.deviantart.com/

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

GFX_Garage wrote:I've found that the deployer won't plant seeds. Why is that?
You can place the deployer beyond the soil pointing up.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

GFX_Garage
GitHub: GraphicsGarage
In-game: GFX

by GFX_Garage » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
GFX_Garage wrote:I've found that the deployer won't plant seeds. Why is that?
You can place the deployer beyond the soil pointing up.
That was extremely helpful. Thank you very much. :)
"Well it is an ambiguous enterprise, and fraught with contradiction, but forward, ever forward" ~ Terence McKenna

https://www.youtube.com/user/GraphicsGarage/featured

http://torywright.deviantart.com/

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

Really, Pipeworks needs to be able to transport more than one type of liquid. I once tried this by making a pipe for each type of liquid, but that is inefficient. It should be able to transport ANY liquid. For textures of liquids, just apply the texture of the actual liquid in a pipe window or a spigot mouth. No need for more textures. If a liquid in a pipe (like water) touches another liquid in a pipe, then it could be made so that nothing happens, or one of the pipes cracks and becomes unusable.

I had another, possibly useless idea. There could be ventilation ducts that transport air. This might have no purpose in a normal game, but would be useful in something such as marssurvive, or a way to transport poisonous gas. It would only transport air or something with a specific group, like pipeworks_air=1.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

That's being worked on. There's a new type of pressure logic that can be enabled, but it's still WIP. It only moves water (and river water), and doesn't yet work on very large, complex pipelines, but for smaller setups it works better than the "classic" code. That it doesn't work on large setups is being worked on as well.

Meanwhile, I've pushed a whole new set of pipe (and pipe device) models. The default models are now much higher quality than before. About 6x as many polys as the old models, with a LOT more detail, nicer curves, better joints, etc. Thankfully, that doesn't translate into slower FPS on half-decent GPUs. For users with potatoes, there's a low-poly mode you can enable, as well. The models for that mode have about half the number of polys as the old models.

See default_settings.txt.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

R-One

Re: [Mod] Pipeworks [git] [pipeworks]

by R-One » Post

Hello everybody

possible stupid question, I can not run the dispenser, how to do?

I activated it with a signal MESE, I put objects in his inventory, he moves but no object comes out.

There is no documentation on WIKI

thank you in advance

Kosha
In-game: Kosha

by Kosha » Post

So sad that here isn't pipeworks for 0.4.15 ;( *Sadness :(* (Sorry for my silly post)
Hello
[WARNING]:Kosha is very bad in english.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I don't plan on ever making an[other] official release of Pipeworks (or any of my other mods) for any Minetest install older 0.4.16 (the latest stable 0.4.x release, which is getting kinda old, too).

If you need 0.4.15-compatibility, just clone the Pipeworks git repository and `git checkout` a commit that's old enough - something from around 2016-12-22 (when Minetest 0.4.15 was released). Bear in mind, you get whatever feature set existed back then in Pipeworks (including any bugs).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

burli

by burli » Post

@VanessaE you can create tags for a commit that works e.g. with 0.4.15 or now with 0.4.16

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

No, as I have no idea now where that line needs to be drawn, and I do not support 0.4.15, especially with 0.4.17 being just around the corner.

burli

by burli » Post

But for the future you can add tags. I didn't say you should support old versions

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Sorry, I misread you. Sure, if some 0.4.17-dependent feature goes into pipeworks, I'll tag it for 0.4.16 first, ditto for future Minetest releases.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

burli wrote:But for the future you can add tags. I didn't say you should support old versions
Unfortunately no-one here uses tags for their mods :(