[Server] Beerarchy (Unmoderated, Anarchy, PVP, Survival)

Your favorite mob

Poll ended at Mon Jul 17, 2017 08:58

Old Skool Oerki
20%
Damn You Dungeon Master!!
20%
Those Pesky Little Golems -_-
No votes
Dragons Obviously, You Fool!!
40%
Greif the Great Greifer
20%

Total votes: 5

Beerholder
GitHub: evrooije
In-game: Beerholder

[Server] Beerarchy (Unmoderated, Anarchy, PVP, Survival)

by Beerholder » Post

Beerarchy: 0.4.16, Unmoderated, Anarchy, Chaos, PVP, Survival, 18+, No Rules, Mobile Unfriendly, Password Mandatory

Click on the image to play the promo video

Prologue
Anarchy, chaos, griefing. All is allowed on this unmoderated extreme chaos survival server. Venture into the depths of hell or ascend the highest mountains, leaping from float land to float land all the way into space. You will be rewarded for your efforts, as endless riches can be found in the most inaccessible places. But be careful who you trust or you will lose everything and be forced to start all over.

So keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Hide your base well, conquer the lands, climb the rankings, become the number one and God of this world.

Act One
You are approached by a dark figure. Something is amiss. It is not whole, missing an eye, radiating darkness. Its eye, shimmering in the starlight, stares straight into your being, burning your soul, turning your heart into brimstone and ashes, and with a voice of 6000 years old it starts to speak: "I offer you a choice: Live your boring life and achieve nothing, or be cast to Beerarchy to start over and get a chance to gain unfathomable riches and eternal fame. Rot away like a feeble cowardly dog, or defile the gods, conquer their thrones and become the lord master of these desolate lands."

You are blinded by the promise of countless bars of gold, endless amounts of diamonds and eternal supplies of mithril, by the promise of immortality, everlasting glory and lordship over a world. You do not need to think about this decision. You take it and grasp the opportunity with your greedy hands.

A you awaken, you find yourself in a scorching desert. There is nothing but sand and you are stripped of what little Earthly belongings you had. Recalling the dark figure's words, "Start over", "Get a chance", you realize all too well that such words should have been taken literally. There is no way back, but now you are more determined than ever. You clench your fists, ready to take on this world, and as you look at the Sun approaching the horizon, you discern some ungodly shapes slowly moving towards you ...

The Server
Hosted on the Wonderful World of Illuna Minetest infrastructure provided by https://minetestserver.hosting/ and with the great and wonderful support of Milan.

Host: beerarchy.tk
Port: 30024
Admin: Beerholder a.k.a. Basilisk
Code: https://github.com/evrooije/beerarchy

NOTE: This server is NOT mobile friendly. Also, the server is 18+ and NOT moderated. Admin is only there to keep the server up and running, fix server issues and feedback on the server. Requests for diamonds or mese, complaints about players, griefers, foulmouthed people cursing in chat, or anything else not related to the general technical wellbeing of the server will be ignored.

Screenshots
Spoiler
Mod Highlights
  • Nyan Cat!! Yes!!
  • More ores: More ores tin is aliased to the Minetest game tin to avoid this ore duplication issue, mithril is the most difficult to find and the strongest mineral
  • Unified inventory, 3D armor, skins: Including of course mithril armor but also a spacesuit in order to travel in space without dying. Lots of skins, cleaned up to remove some of the nonsense, too small or invisible skins
  • TNT and fire enabled, explosives mod: Burn it all, blow up stuff or booby trap your base!
  • Mobs redo and various types of mobs, fishing: Animals, horses, monsters, horror, dmobs, dragons
  • Customized basic machines, 3 levels of tech, GPS and fun tools: Small electronics and travelnets, the standard basic machines for material duplication and the powerful digtron units for even faster mining
  • Treasurer: Including various TRMs and a custom one for this game's specific materials, minerals and items, a TSM to spawn chests in dungeons
  • HUD and sprint: HUD bars for armor, hunger and exhaustion when you sprint. Additionally, hunger drops quicker when you sprint, jump or swim
  • Bags: Very expensive but extremely important if you want to protect your items
  • Chat modes and mail: Various chat options, muting other players and option to send mail to offline (or online of course) players
  • Boost carts, updated boats and handholds for climbing: More lag friendly, build those roller coasters and endless railway systems and special climbing pick to work around the missing sneak jump and sneak ladder features (/glitches)
  • Snowdrift and customized under_sky with additional skybox fixes: Rain and snow and proper darkness underground or in space
  • Integral and underworlds: Explore huge trees or mine all the way to the deepest levels of hell, with one extra layer added to the underworlds, of which the depths have been tweaked as well
  • Various custom mods: Ranking system with points in various categories and overall XP, game music, coal block veins
Full list of mods
Spoiler
vessels, killme, bucket, creative, sfinv, mob_horse, mobs_monster, dmobs, mobs_animal, mobs_redo, horror, fishing, nyancat, signs_lib, 00_bt_coalblocks, basic_machines, digtron, books, explosives, travelnet, farming, walls, trm_beerarchy, trm_vessels, trm_default, trm_boats, tsm_chests_dungeon, trm_doors, trm_farming, trm_bucket, trm_tnt, trm_xpanes, trm_dye, trm_screwdriver, treasurer, stairs, xpanes, wool, hbarmor, hbhunger, hudbars, carts, skins, unified_inventory, sethome, snowdrift, under_sky, screwdriver, dye, 3d_armor_stand, 3d_armor_ip, 3d_armor, technic_armor, throwing, 3d_armor_ui, shields, wieldview, hazmat_suit, 3d_armor_sfinv, moontest_spacesuit, doors, tnt, boats, fire, bones, give_initial_stuff, chat_modes, random_messages, 00_bt_important_messages, mail, 00_bt_welcome, death_messages, default, beds, intllib, armor_monoid, fun_tools, handholds, minimal_anticheat, player_monoids, sprint, 00_bt_ranking, boost_cart, 00_bt_music, gps, flowers, moreores, integral, underworlds, biome_lib, vines
Last edited by Beerholder on Mon Jul 03, 2017 08:58, edited 3 times in total.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: [Server] Beerarchy (Unmoderated, Anarchy, PVP, Survival)

by BBmine » Post

Cool man!

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

(unless of course someone intentionally tries to break the server)

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Why is this server for age 18+? That is can i not play there???

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Andrey01 wrote:Why is this server for age 18+? That is can i not play there???
I'm 15..... :(

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Well you can always login (something with no rules? XD) but if someone is cursing or being racist then don't complain to admin ;) but more like I don't want to be held liable if that were to happen, and can't as I said 18+ ;)

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Beerholder wrote:Well you can always login (something with no rules? XD) but if someone is cursing or being racist then don't complain to admin ;) but more like I don't want to be held liable if that were to happen, and can't as I said 18+ ;)
So if I call the cops about f-bombs, you'll say "I told him not to come!"

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

BBmine wrote:So if I call the cops about f-bombs, you'll say "I told him not to come!"
Exactly!! XD

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

question:

if i have swag, i want to show it.
isn't there even some expensive form of protection?
or are the traps and machines good enough to act as a primitive but effective form of "protection"?
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

BBmine wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:Why is this server for age 18+? That is can i not play there???
I'm 15..... :(
But i`m 13. I am even younger than you. :( In 5 years i only can play there.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

All the same i can`t play here as i`m busy with survival in Just Test. I am building my house and cultivate my area and making farming. Everyone should go to Just Test server!

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

DANG!! I have been trying for a month to join but my minetest just freezes. It works now?! YAY!!!!
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

IKR maike.
Hey look, Andrey01 has just 3 less posts than maikerumine :D

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

BBmine wrote:IKR maike.
Hey look, Andrey01 has just 3 less posts than maikerumine :D
No. I have already been equal with him. He has 1067 posts, i`m too.

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

firefox wrote:question:

or are the traps and machines good enough to act as a primitive but effective form of "protection"?
No protection. It crossed my mind, maybe to make it dependent on ranks you need to get (e.g. if you become vetrain you get 1 or 2 blocks, if you become archangel you unlock an expensive craft).

Dunno, maybe I will implement something. In any case, I made a mistake by leaving locked chests in XD

firefox

by firefox » Post

Beerholder wrote:
firefox wrote:question:

No protection. It crossed my mind, maybe to make it dependent on ranks you need to get (e.g. if you become vetrain you get 1 or 2 blocks, if you become archangel you unlock an expensive craft).

Dunno, maybe I will implement something. In any case, I made a mistake by leaving locked chests in XD
i don't get the purpose of locked doors. how do they prevent players from entering an area if they can just break the wall besides the door? :P
locked chests are the only thing that makes sense...
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

firefox wrote:i don't get the purpose of locked doors. how do they prevent players from entering an area if they can just break the wall besides the door? :P
locked chests are the only thing that makes sense...
I never thought about that actually lol. Guess I always played on servers where protector was there or the locked chests and doors were properly removed :)

In any case, some players did request protectors ... Seems like this is really part of Minetest :)

So I will download protector redo on my local test server and add some events to the ranking mod to give a player items/ gifts on reaching certain levels. Reaching the next XP level will give a protector block. Whether I make them craftable, I will think about whether to add a really really expensive craft for that (you will at least need to have a machine, maybe I make it part of the digtron constructor and rename it as such, e.g. advanced constructor)...

Oh and on another note, I setup the media to be downloaded from a media server over HTTP/ cURL, hopefully that will speed up download of the media files on first join as the game really is quite heavy ... -_-

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Ok so I caved in to "the pressure of adding protectors". You can now gain protectors in one of two ways: Level up (XP wise), you get a logo. Or get the advanced constructor to make protectors (the one that creates digtrons, now also creates advanced "force field" items i.e. protector logo, door and chest). Also, new random death messages to taunt and annoy the players some more.

3 players have already reached the depths of hell and became "Satan's pall" for their "caving" rank. But they have not reached the real depths of hell yet at -6000..... They are however finding tons of diamond *blocks*, so I guess I need to rebalance the game a bit mwuhahaha. Next server restart will tweak things a bit, solve some issues with the ranking system (farmer ranking was not implemented properly) and a means to create "fast roads". I will leave that puzzle to the ones who actually manage to survive on this server ;) and reach the underworlds. We've had quite some dropouts already .... Ded dedder than ded XD Most of them could not even survive spawn O_o

Get on this server while those already scarce food supplies around the desert spawn last, it's only going to get harder and harder :D

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Beerholder, you're gonna need a no liability clause for when all the rowdy 14/15 yo's flood the gates of hell :P
j/k and not j/k at the same time... :D
A Wonderful World

firefox

by firefox » Post

i am totally unable to join the server =(>.<)=

at first, there is a very long loading time and then it just goes back to the server list without warning.
no error message either.
then the server has the star mark, so it is registered in my "favourites" list, but i still can't login.
the loading screen says "resolving address" and then "connection timed out".
nyeee.... =(-.-)=
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

firefox are you using version 0.4.16 to connect? Also, this game will not work with a mobile client for sure. It is a heavy game (100MB media) but I hoped that with changing to serving the media via HTTPS it would at least solve timeout issues O_o Let me know what you use, and I will have a looksy in the log files too when I get the chance

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:Beerholder, you're gonna need a no liability clause for when all the rowdy 14/15 yo's flood the gates of hell :P
j/k and not j/k at the same time... :D
Well, there is this player, called Greif, who will take care of that XD

firefox

by firefox » Post

Beerholder wrote:firefox are you using version 0.4.16 to connect? Also, this game will not work with a mobile client for sure. It is a heavy game (100MB media) but I hoped that with changing to serving the media via HTTPS it would at least solve timeout issues O_o Let me know what you use, and I will have a looksy in the log files too when I get the chance
i always get the newest minetest every day from the dayly ppa build.
i used my Asus notebook with DSL wifi at home, never had problems with stuff before, even live stream videos play smoothly.
in the server status beerarchy has a higher signal quality than xanadu (which runs very well).
no idea why it won't connect.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

firefox wrote:i always get the newest minetest every day from the dayly ppa build.
i used my Asus notebook with DSL wifi at home, never had problems with stuff before, even live stream videos play smoothly.
in the server status beerarchy has a higher signal quality than xanadu (which runs very well).
no idea why it won't connect.
Latest version and notebook with DSL is most def sufficient, it must definitely then be something with the server. It has a music mod which might be clogging things up, I might try to remove that to see if that improves things ... I will also have a look to see if I can make other things also more light weight ... Sorry you can't connect but thanks for letting me know the specs!

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Slayer (kill counter) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17862

If this could be added to your server please.
This is a mod which makes stats of kills. y.st. was nice enough to put this together, and I think this is the perfect place to test it : )

check the mod thread, and post any issues or praise to y.st. there
It's a nice mod for all the killaz, and sociopaths out there :P
Thank you
A Wonderful World