Minetest 0.4.16

red-001
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

Re: Minetest 0.4.16

by red-001 » Post

The nodes issue is likely caused by a faulty mod, could you check the name of the unknown node?

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Developers, can you improve flowing of water source and lava source? They leak very bad.

XtremeHacker
GitHub: MisterXtreme
IRC: MrXtreme
In-game: MrXtreme

by XtremeHacker » Post

Are you using shaders, because that makes it look as though they are, even though they aren't.
If you say that

Code: Select all

function.name_of_thing_to_do
is impossible, then you didn't try hard enough. :P

Mods I work on: MicroExpansion

tverrbjelke
GitHub: tverrbjelke
IRC: tverrbjelke
In-game: SirBrick

[SOLVED] migrating world 0.4.14 -> Minetest 0.4.16

by tverrbjelke » Post

red-001 wrote:The nodes issue is likely caused by a faulty mod, could you check the name of the unknown node?
SOLVED. I had some problems migrating the dreambuilder mod into the new world.
It was not the mod itself, it was the migrating procedure and this clumsy minetest vs minetestserver and how to de- activate different modules. I am used to normal terminal and config files. (Hey I am hosting on my server and there should be no gui needed at all!)
Now I had to use the minetest client gui to redo the settings of that world.
I would really like to have a configfile only procedure and some wiki manual how to do things without this gui... it seems that now some things are changed inside the world.mt file. But I am not sure. A guide would be great!

See viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9196&p=276889#p276889

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Why when i close the game does it start very long to continue in new version? It is like a bug in 0.4.16.

XtremeHacker
GitHub: MisterXtreme
IRC: MrXtreme
In-game: MrXtreme

by XtremeHacker » Post

Well, there was that map conversion thing that had to happen, one time only though...
If you say that

Code: Select all

function.name_of_thing_to_do
is impossible, then you didn't try hard enough. :P

Mods I work on: MicroExpansion

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

Re: Public Service Announcement

by mnh48 » Post

When I reread this thread, I found this a few posts after my post on the screenshot where I put up a mese post light.
Wuzzy wrote:This is a mese post light, which is new in Minetest Game:

This is a mese lamp, which Minetest Game had for quite a while:

Please do not confuse the two.
Is this directed to my post or it's directed to the video?
(since the same post also wrote about Nathan's video)

Maybe you've started writing a reply when I first wrote my post, where I wrote "mese post lamp" by mistake but I've edited it to "mese post light" once I realized the mistake (it don't even show "edited by" line because I've edited it before any replies are submitted). But, thanks to point it out.
Spoiler
The mistake was due to fact that every replies I've ever made were constructed in my mind in Malay or Chinese before I try to write them in English. English is my third language and English->Malay is perfectly fine, though Malay->English did cause few problems. Only a few non-natives would be able to think directly in languages they are not familiar with, I know because I noticed that I myself do most of maths in Chinese even though my native language is Malay due to fact that I learnt basic maths in Chinese, not Malay. But since I learnt advanced maths later in English, it gets a little bit funny when I had to answer maths in Malay using complicated formulas/formulae learnt in English while doing the basic calculations in Chinese. The whole multiplication table and power-of-twos were memorized in Chinese.

Mese post light in Malay is called "Lampu Tiang Mese" (literally 'mese post lamp') because "light" (object) and "lamp" are both called "lampu" if they're being used to mean "an object that emits light". "LED light" is "lampu LED". There's no other existing words in Malay other than "lampu" that could describe an object that emits light... I'm not sure if there's a word in neighbouring language (Indonesian) that could be ported back to Malay as alternative to "lampu"... And "lampu" itself actually derived from English "lamp".

We do have the word "cahaya" for "light" but it's only use for element, not object, so if that item is called as "Cahaya Tiang Mese" in Malay then it will carry entirely different meaning: "light of the mese post" where the object is "mese post", instead of the intended meaning "mese post light" where the object is "post light" made out of mese as the source of light.

I knew how to differentiate them well enough, just sometimes certain similar words got slipped in the wrong place... at least I did wrote "post" so I'm not entirely mistaken them two... just that the correct one would be "mese post light" and not "mese post lamp"... many similar mistakes on English words is also happening here on other words like "lift" and "elevator" because we never used the word "elevator" here, it's always a lift... even pronunciation is sometimes different (eg. Z --zed-- is said as "zee" in some places... flour --flaur-- is said as "flower", hour --how-er-- is just "our"... etc.)

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

Re: Public Service Announcement

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:When I reread this thread, I found this a few posts after my post on the screenshot where I put up a mese post light.
Wuzzy wrote:This is a mese post light, which is new in Minetest Game:

This is a mese lamp, which Minetest Game had for quite a while:

Please do not confuse the two.
Is this directed to my post or it's directed to the video?
(since the same post also wrote about Nathan's video)

Maybe you've started writing a reply when I first wrote my post, where I wrote "mese post lamp" by mistake but I've edited it to "mese post light" once I realized the mistake (it don't even show "edited by" line because I've edited it before any replies are submitted). But, thanks to point it out.
Spoiler
The mistake was due to fact that every replies I've ever made were constructed in my mind in Malay or Chinese before I try to write them in English. English is my third language and English->Malay is perfectly fine, though Malay->English did cause few problems. Only a few non-natives would be able to think directly in languages they are not familiar with, I know because I noticed that I myself do most of maths in Chinese even though my native language is Malay due to fact that I learnt basic maths in Chinese, not Malay. But since I learnt advanced maths later in English, it gets a little bit funny when I had to answer maths in Malay using complicated formulas/formulae learnt in English while doing the basic calculations in Chinese. The whole multiplication table and power-of-twos were memorized in Chinese.

Mese post light in Malay is called "Lampu Tiang Mese" (literally 'mese post lamp') because "light" (object) and "lamp" are both called "lampu" if they're being used to mean "an object that emits light". "LED light" is "lampu LED". There's no other existing words in Malay other than "lampu" that could describe an object that emits light... I'm not sure if there's a word in neighbouring language (Indonesian) that could be ported back to Malay as alternative to "lampu"... And "lampu" itself actually derived from English "lamp".

We do have the word "cahaya" for "light" but it's only use for element, not object, so if that item is called as "Cahaya Tiang Mese" in Malay then it will carry entirely different meaning: "light of the mese post" where the object is "mese post", instead of the intended meaning "mese post light" where the object is "post light" made out of mese as the source of light.

I knew how to differentiate them well enough, just sometimes certain similar words got slipped in the wrong place... at least I did wrote "post" so I'm not entirely mistaken them two... just that the correct one would be "mese post light" and not "mese post lamp"... many similar mistakes on English words is also happening here on other words like "lift" and "elevator" because we never used the word "elevator" here, it's always a lift... even pronunciation is sometimes different (eg. Z --zed-- is said as "zee" in some places... flour --flaur-- is said as "flower", hour --how-er-- is just "our"... etc.)
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Andrey01 wrote:Why when i close the game does it start very long to continue in new version? It is like a bug in 0.4.16.
Maybe for that have i installed many of mods? But it did not happen before version 0.4.16.

christoferlevich
GitHub: ChristoferL

by christoferlevich » Post

LOVING IT!
everything can be a learning experience...

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

I haven't updated my system for a while and today when I ran update I finally got MT 0.4.16. I don't care much about the newest version so I stick with the one in my repo.
I lurked the forum and had plenty of time to get accustomed to the fact sneaking ladders will are disabled but I wasn't prepared for this inconvenience in the menu.
What I usually do when I launch MT is to look at the top of the servers list to see if the server I'd like to join is the first. If it is, I just type in the password and hit enter straight ahead. This has become a habit and I do it automatically, as before MT 0.4.16 password field was the default one. So I launch MT and type my password in… a search box. -_-
Now everybody can see my password or at least this part of it I manage to type before I realize what I'm doing. And if I manage to type the full password and hit enter, it is also sent to the searching engine, probably not even encrypted and not treated like a password should be.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

red-001

by red-001 » Post

are you seriously complaining that you can search the server list?

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

No, iisu is complaining that the search field has stolen the default focus. The default focus in many input fields is still flawed in Minetest, it's not just this particular example.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Ideas to 0.4.17.
-Developers forgot to add... obsidian glass panes! Nobody did not think about it.
-Increase the amount of dropping ores from broken ores blocks. For example:
-Coal ore: drops 3-5 coal lumps
-Steel ore: drops 2-4 steel lumps
-Copper ore: drops 2-3 copper lumps
-Gold ore: drops 2-3 gold lumps
-Mese ore: drops 1-2 mese crystals
-Diamond ore: drops 1-3 diamond crystals
-Add the oil: it will be a liquid that will meet in underground.
-Add the mese stone brick: it will be nice! Also to it: mese glass and mese glass panes that will be sources of light!
-Add the sand stone fence: same crafting recipe, only instead of stobe blocks, sand stone. Also, i suggest to add sand cobblestone.

red-001

by red-001 » Post

The focus isn't really worth the time it would take to fix it, it only takes at most a second to select a field.

Echoes91
In-game: Echoes

by Echoes91 » Post

Cool release, good job!
Just wondering if you're trying to make my Minesim subgame obsolete XD
Jokes apart, I'm really happy that those small ideas are becoming mainstream (don't know where they came out first actually but who cares).

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

SOng: i should really download 4.16, before 4.17's out!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

I've already downloaded it and installed my map on it twice #smug af

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Ruggero wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:Ideas to 0.4.17.
-Developers forgot to add... obsidian glass panes! Nobody did not think about it.
-Add the mese stone brick: it will be nice! Also to it: mese glass and mese glass panes that will be sources of light!
-Add the sand stone fence: same crafting recipe, only instead of stobe blocks, sand stone. Also, i suggest to add sand cobblestone.
That's not related to MT Engine, but rather to minetest_game. Plus you can add these improvements by yourself as they are very easy to code.
But i advise to add it to developers!

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Ruggero wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:Ideas to 0.4.17.
That's not related to MT Engine, but rather to minetest_game. Plus you can add these improvements by yourself as they are very easy to code.
But i advise to add it by developers!

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

A YouTube video covering nearly every feature (not bugfix) in Minetest and Minetest Game 0.4.16 in under 15 minutes.

https://youtu.be/sieIpZoR_Mg
Spoiler
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

nrz
Developer
GitHub: nerzhul
IRC: nrzkt
In-game: nrz

by nrz » Post

nice octacian i added your link on top post

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

Hi, I want to report a problem: there's a conflict between moreores and the upgraded default mod. Both contains tin lumps. Now in my server I've got two tin lumps biomes but with different itemstrings :V.
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

report the issue on github on both the more ores mod and minetest game you'd get a better response from there

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

WHERE DID CONSOLE WINDOW GO?
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!