Advanced NPC mod adds what many many people around in the Minetest community have been looking for: villagers! This mod features NPCs which you can interact with in many ways, and that they also know how to interact with their environment.
Advanced NPC is inspired on the Harvest Moon games which features NPCs which you can talk, trade, befriend and actually simulate having some kind of life. While still a WIP mod, Advanced NPC can already do all of this and have a strong foundation to grow even more.
This mod is WIP and it is currently at alpha state. There is a lot to add, specially in terms of content (textures, dialogue lines, etc.). For progress or a list of which has to be finished in route to version 1.0, please see https://github.com/hkzorman/advanced_npc/issues/10
Rough demo video:
- Dialogues: You can talk with the NPCs!
- Trading: NPCs can trade with you in various ways
- Actions: NPCs know how to walk to places, use furnaces, beds and even sit in a bench
- Schedules: NPCs can perform different actions depending on the time of the day
- Relationships: You are able to establish friendships and maybe even "romantic" relationships with NPCs
- Support for mg_villages mod: NPCs will spawn in suitable building (e.g. houses, farms) found in the villages of this mod.
You can also spawn NPCs yourself by using the spawn egg, but these NPCs won't know anything of their environment.
Planned features (lots!):
- Occupations: NPCs will have some Minetest-suitable job: they can be miners, wood-cutters, etc.!
- Support for custom buildings: You will be able to place to populate your own buildings with NPCs
- Player-like actions: NPCs will be able to tame and own animals, ride carts, etc.
- Communities: The end-goal of this mod is that villages are automatically populated and create communities within them, e.g. some kind of government and economic activity simulation will be put in place on a village!
Please note that Advanced NPC is planned to be a framework, a mod you can include to make your own NPCs and use the functions provided here. However, the API is heavily undocumented, and is still not friendly enough yet to include anywhere. This will be improved in the future.
Latest stable version (alpha-1): https://github.com/hkzorman/advanced_np ... .0-alpha-1
Latest development version: https://github.com/hkzorman/advanced_np ... master.zip (always points to latest version!)
WARNING: From now on, there will be no promise that latest code in Github will be stable. I will do my best to keep it stable but expect bugs and incomplete behavior! Also expect broken compatibility with alpha-1 version.
Browse the code: https://github.com/hkzorman/advanced_npc
Credits: The pathfinder code currently used by the NPC is currently almost entirely based on MarkBu's pathfinder https://github.com/MarkuBu/pathfinder code. NPCs wouldn't be smart without it, thanks!