- Callback registration for certain mob events (dying, mob step, etc.)
- "Entity components", pieces of state you can register to be attached to all mobs. For example, you could implement mob potion effects by giving a potion effect component that keeps track of applied potions, and use a mob step callback to simulate the potion effects.
- Unique mob IDs - these have been implemented using the components system.
Mod dependencies: none
Download: https://github.com/raymoo/cmi/archive/v0.1.0.1.zip (Rename folder to cmi)
API docs: https://cmi-minetest.github.io
Implementation Guide (For mob framework writers): https://github.com/raymoo/cmi/blob/mast ... MENTING.md
Code Examples: https://github.com/raymoo/cmi_examples
I would like feedback from both modders who want to use the interface, and authors of mob frameworks. For modders using the interface, what do you think needs to be added/changed/removed in the interface? For mob framework writers, do you forsee any problems in implementing the interface? After writing the interface I did a quick check through Mobs Redo and it looks like it would be easy to integrate there, but that might not cover all cases. If you want to say something, I'm fine with it being posted in this thread or as an issue on the github repository.
Mob mods that implement the CMI interface (modders can use CMI with these mobs):
- Use the health change callbacks to display floating damage numbers when mobs are hit
- Track the mobs killed by a player, for achievement purposes or otherwise