About 0.4.17

New in 0 4.17

Adding of new blocks, items and biomes
45%
Adding new map generators (maybe v8, v9)
6%
Changes and fixations
28%
I don`t think about it now
1%
I nothing want new!
6%
Other ideas
13%

Total votes: 67

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: About 0.4.17

by Andrey01 » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:go into the default nodes.lua and change the "length" till you get the speed you like (the lower the number, the faster the animation..., higher number slows it down.)

Code: Select all

minetest.register_node("default:water_source", {
	description = "Water Source",
	drawtype = "liquid",
	tiles = {
		{
			name = "default_water_source_animated.png",
			animation = {
				type = "vertical_frames",
				aspect_w = 16,
				aspect_h = 16,
				length = 2.0,
It would be cool if the frame rate could be defined/altered from within the texture pack itself, with a quick little config file
I can fix it, but i don`t understand one: why developers can not bother for it if they are DEVELOPERS for this aim? As a result many users must issue the mods for it to improve it. I consider developers must make a initiative to improve the game as better as it`s really.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

but this seems to be more specifically related to individual taste/preference..., if development were to bend to this, it would go nowhere..., and fast.
It is not a development issue, honestly... there are actually numerous means to change this particular matter for yourself... I do not see how it is or would be an actual issue or bug?
A Wonderful World

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:but this seems to be more specifically related to individual taste/preference...
And thus should be a configurable option (either within advanced configuration or on a per-texture basis).

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
TumeniNodes wrote:but this seems to be more specifically related to individual taste/preference...
And thus should be a configurable option (either within advanced configuration or on a per-texture basis).
+1
Have a nice day! :D

Otter
GitHub: InfiniteOtter
In-game: Otter

by Otter » Post

toby109tt wrote:The options above are not interesting for me the only thing I Want is a propper subgame game!

And a good mob api!
I agree. The sandbox game is good, but it does not show the range possible.

The parts are there to make a first person shooter. If we had a MinetestGrandTheftMarioCartDoom game, development on Minetest would stop for three months while we all piled in and played it. We need slopes and a bit of physics for race tracks, but apart from that we almost have all the parts. :)

Imagine driving through some of the cool cave mods while avoiding lava, tooling through villages and avoiding the minecarts crossing the road. On top of that, someone behind you is shooting at your tires and someone in front of you just released a grease spill.

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Which I agree with but, there are only so many people, and so much they can do

In my opinion, it would be great if some who would like to see such options avail, with gui scales / buttons, etc...
get a small group together, and work on it together...
Once the group has a polished, workable code and graphics, etc... then, present it to the devs.

The is so much going on, all the time, and it is really not a large team.
I am sure devs would be quite glad to offer any advice or help they could here and there... but might be even more glad to see such a serious community contribution.
A Wonderful World

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:but might be even more glad to see such a serious community contribution.
Like the 160 pull requests for Minetest and the 18 pull request for Minetest Game? *scnr*

Optionify all the things :)

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

But, rather than a bunch of individual PR's, people might try to work together, to create one solid, piece of code and then submit it as a working feature.

What has a chance of being merged more? hundreds of individual PR's in the same category... or one large, impressive work, which is well tested and adds a significant amount of feature rich user option gui?

A really nice, well build options gui with nice looking sliders and buttons, which works well is something I think many would like to see...
But to actually manage to get a small team together of people interested in this, to work together on it, and test it to death..., would probably stand a better chance of seeing it become a reality.

The dev team seems to be down to a skeleton crew... so those with the ability, to submit numerous pr's, should be able to get together to work toward one, big, polished pr

This goes for a graphics settings gui, mobs api, etc.....
A Wonderful World

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

What I want for 0.4.17 is for me to work on the MT engine and content, and get my name in the credits xD

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

by Byakuren » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:But, rather than a bunch of individual PR's, people might try to work together, to create one solid, piece of code and then submit it as a working feature.

What has a chance of being merged more? hundreds of individual PR's in the same category... or one large, impressive work, which is well tested and adds a significant amount of feature rich user option gui?

A really nice, well build options gui with nice looking sliders and buttons, which works well is something I think many would like to see...
But to actually manage to get a small team together of people interested in this, to work together on it, and test it to death..., would probably stand a better chance of seeing it become a reality.

The dev team seems to be down to a skeleton crew... so those with the ability, to submit numerous pr's, should be able to get together to work toward one, big, polished pr

This goes for a graphics settings gui, mobs api, etc.....
The small ones have a better chance because nobody will want to do a code review of a big PR.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

22i
GitHub: 22i

by 22i » Post

v-rob wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:New suggestion: i would like the water source flows more faster. It`s veeeery sluggish!
The water is too lazy to move faster, and the developers are loo lazy to make it move faster :-)

Good idea, though.
This can be changed in the minetest.conf add this line
liquid_update = 0.25

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

22i wrote:
v-rob wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:New suggestion: i would like the water source flows more faster. It`s veeeery sluggish!
The water is too lazy to move faster, and the developers are loo lazy to make it move faster :-)

Good idea, though.
This can be changed in the minetest.conf add this line
liquid_update = 0.25
It`s really funny, v-rob XD.
22i, the same some people have already told me above. But i want developers would fix it in next release.

Isaac Boots
In-game: LamboRacer

by Isaac Boots » Post

I wanted to say I would like in minetest 0.4.17 to have animals built in, easy mac download, more items to craft, more built in plants to grow, game with less crashes ,and anything that will make this game better.

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

There shouldn't be any crashes. I haven't experienced any in normal playing. If it does crash, then it is a result of mods.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Isaac Boots wrote:I wanted to say I would like in minetest 0.4.17 to have animals built in, easy mac download, more items to craft, more built in plants to grow, game with less crashes ,and anything that will make this game better.
0.4.17 will pass. Wanting 0.5.0 next release instead that. In any case, some of developers declared me abput it long ago.

william92
GitHub: zombiegamescool

by william92 » Post

i cant wait for minetest 0.4.17!

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

william92 wrote:i cant wait for minetest 0.4.17!
There isn't going to be anything in 0.4.17 apart from a few bug fixes. It's 0.5.0 you should be looking forward to
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
william92 wrote:i cant wait for minetest 0.4.17!
There isn't going to be anything in 0.4.17 apart from a few bug fixes. It's 0.5.0 you should be looking forward to
Hmm... i thought 0.4.17 won`t be released. Do you know when will this version be issued?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Does anybody know when do developers plan to issue 0.4.17 officially?

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

Andrey01 wrote:Does anybody know when do developers plan to issue 0.4.17 officially?
I don't know to be honest. Here you can see a bit of information about what has been done on 0.4.17 though: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/projects.
Have a nice day! :D

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Wut, there shouldn't be any 4.17 or... how can you explain the 0.5-dev already exists? they said there won't be anyone, no?
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

@azekill_DIABLO: People can release a working development model in advance, which is what 0.5-dev is. 0.4.17-dev can also be a development version out at the same time as 0.5-dev. Just the 0.4.17-dev will be more mature than the 0.5-dev version will be. Things do not always have to move linearly when developing, especially since the minetest team is diverse and works on a lot of different things at the same time.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Okay thanks for the explanation. But I still think it's a bit a waste of ressource because some people work on 4.17 and othe on 0.5-dev but at then end it will be one!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

They will likely use the magical powers of git to move the parts of Minetest 0.4.17 into 0.5. There is a good reason that they are using the seemingly complicated platform they are. Its powerful and can easily manage versions of things, especially code. So don't worry about them wasting their time.

TheGreatCoffeeKing99
In-game: Coffee99

by TheGreatCoffeeKing99 » Post

Hi there,
I think, whether it will be implemented in 0.4.17 or 0.5, mobs are a must for this game.
There are several mob mods that seem adequate, and with some fine tuning (maybe a hostile or all mobs switch?),
mobs can make Minetest more alive. For right now it just seems so static. Adding mobs or maybe even NPC's
(although that seems a little complicated for right now) wouldn't take much work, and they could be in a different folder
than default (which really needs to get split up). Maybe we could have a built-in API so creators could make
their own mobs with ease.

The least you would need to do is bundle some mod like mobs_redo with Minetest Game.
That's just my opinion.
Hi. I don't have any published mods yet.