Thanks for reporting!

I'll 'dive' into it to find the cause.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

Re: [Modpack] Sea [0.4.2] [sea]

by Minetestforfun » Post

Thank you for your answer, I wait your fix :)

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

@Minetestforfun

First notices:

- I build the leatest minetest (Linux/Lubuntu), installed Sea and Unified dyes. Everything seemed to work fine for me, also with different settings.
- I visited your server, 2 times I got on. I saw no air bubbles around the corals and seaplant around 400 from spawn.
- When I wanted to connect again to make a screenshot (and also several times before and all the times afterwards, my router resets when trying to connect with your server. This doesn't happen with other servers

Conlusions so far:
- It could be Windows, I need to install and try out a version(s)
- When the bubbles are only around newly formed sea coral and seaplants, the abm is probably stuck, maybe because of a lot of mods. You could try a server restart when in that area and see if the bubbles disappear then.
- Something server specific (resetting my router)? I really have no understanding on that terrain at all.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Topywo, did you use bumpmapping with generated normalmaps?

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

@Hybrid Dog

Thanks for the suggestion. I only tried the options one at a time, no combinations.

I just tried with Bumpmapping and Generated Normalmaps and everything seems to work fine. No airbubbles as in the screenshot.

My standard settings are the standard settings:

- Smoothlightning
- Enable Particles
- 3D Clouds
- Fancy Trees

- No Filter
- No Mipmap
- OpenGL

- Shaders

DanteLives

by DanteLives » Post

I hadn't been doing anything with Minetest for a while, but recently revisited it. Unfortunately I still have the airbubbles problem with this mod. I compiled 0.4.12-dev on Ubuntu and have tested it on a minimal world with using the default Minetest game with only this modpack and unified dyes activated. I haven't modified any settings.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I have been using this mod on my family server for a week now, we love it!!!! I love the sunken ships!!
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The shipwrecks are certainly nice. I'd love it if there'd be more diffrent types, perhaps also in more damaged states (i.e. ships that did sink a long time ago). It's a pity that some nodes do not work outright under water. Some ships or boats might also still be swimming. A building contest for such structures would be nice.

Right now, the ships are spawned using a function that places them block by block. It would be great if the shipwreck part could use the mapgen mechanism of spawning schematics.
A list of my mods can be found here.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

The biome api places decorations on the seabed, but use a schematic decoration with 'force place = true' to replace the water. mgv7 jungletrees in swamps are done this way.
Now there's also a flag for optionally placing a decoration on the liquid surface.
For a boat on the surface use 'flags = "liquid_surface, place_center_x, place_center_y, place_center_z, force_placement",' so that the schematic's centre is at the surface.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Sokomine wrote: Right now, the ships are spawned using a function that places them block by block. It would be great if the shipwreck part could use the mapgen mechanism of spawning schematics.
It has been long time ago, so relying on my memories of my last work on this mod. Schematics don't work well under water. I even tried building a ship under water, then copying it, to include water, but remember the results still were ugly, both with and without forced node replacement.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Maybe you can generate random submarines:
— make lines which are sometimes not straight (straight means 2 of the 3 coords are 0):
— make the base line
— make new lines from the base line and put hem around the base one, the hem are simply randomly nodes wrapping it a bit
— previous step assuming the other lines are base lines also
— put 3 times hem around the lines without adding new ones
— apply symmetry, e.g. where's no node on the right side set the left one (symmetry → put the right and the left one (or (R u L)) together)
— smooth the latest hem to make it not look as the submarine has lots of resistance
— remove fully touched (by the opposite one) nodes/notnodes
— set nodes which are inside the submarine to air
— vmanip set it

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

But there are random submarines and ships in the sea ..

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

SaKeL wrote:But there are random submarines and ships in the sea ..
l may be not aware of the newest versions, the submarines and ships all have the same look, but they are set at random positions

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

LazerRay
GitHub: LazerRay

by LazerRay » Post

The ships and subs are the same structure types that are randomly placed in the world, its how this mod works.

You will get some variation based on where they form and if multiple wrecks spawn near each other, I have seen ships on top of each other and a grouping of three subs in the same spot (with two of them touching), and sometimes you may have to dig out some dirt or sand to grab the loot chest in these structures.

ACrazyNewfie

by ACrazyNewfie » Post

This would be good to build an ocean monument with.

greencopper

by greencopper » Post

Please put this great mod up on some Git repo.

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Milan*
GitHub: tchncs
IRC: Passant
In-game: Milan Passant

by Milan* » Post

Thank you, SaKeL :) <3
...is this mod currently under developement?
viewtopic.php?id=7227 <- the recommed mod
^tells not much about how and why and whatever this scuba thing.
is this under developement or have we todo anything on our own?

For example my local test world crashed just because building a boat.
21:31:13: WARNING: Undeclared global variable "i32" accessed at ...s/.minetest/mods/minetest-mod-sea/seawrecks/init.lua:89
ERROR[main]: ServerError: Lua: Double fault error from mod 'seawrecks' in callback node_on_construct(): error in error handling

Anyway, its a very interesting mod, we will add this to illuna-minetest.tk :)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Topywo wrote: It has been long time ago, so relying on my memories of my last work on this mod. Schematics don't work well under water. I even tried building a ship under water, then copying it, to include water, but remember the results still were ugly, both with and without forced node replacement.
Adding water to a ship built on land might be the easiest part. But you're right...getting it into position and loading it at the desired location would probably only work by force-replacing all existing nodes there. And then there's the problem of ships beeing rather roundish. Non-cubic nodes can help at the surface, but below water they're a pain.

And if the ship would be a mesh instead of truely built? That would have the advantage of beeing able to sink the ships at diffrent angles, to bury them partly in the ground. Smaller ships could be done that way. Larger ones could still be built out of real blocks. Some players did built amazing ships. Large enough ships could be rotated by 90 degree horizontally and lie half-burried in the sand. At least as long as they use full blocks.
A list of my mods can be found here.

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

With Minetest 0.4.13, height_min and height_max are now y_min and y_max. Is this going to be updated in the sea modpack any time soon? Would do it myself, if this was on Github, guess I can anyway, but...
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

The screenshots are not displaying :/

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

The mod is very nice!I like these colored seaweeds!Only i noticed that images of some topics don`t behold

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Post

Screenshot_20170625_150341.png
Screenshot_20170625_150341.png (661.38 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
Some of the plants are shown not in the water but in "Air" under the water. Is anyone able to repair this problem!?

u19503

by u19503 » Post

BirgitLachner wrote:
Screenshot_20170625_150341.png
Some of the plants are shown not in the water but in "Air" under the water. Is anyone able to repair this problem!?
Farlands coral and kelp seems to be broken (bdw I use this mod for that)

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

That is a known engine bug waiting to be resolved. It will probably merge in MT 0.5.