VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

by VanessaE » Post

VanessaE's Home Decor modpack

► Overview

This modpack is what I consider to be a nice, feature-filled home decor collection. It consists of multiple parts:
  • Home Decor itself, which consists of a bunch of semi-independent mods, and supplies a bunch of stuff found in and around most homes (like window shutters, flower pots, home electronics, brass and wrought-iron tables, kitchen stuff, bathroom fixtures, and lots more)
  • A "3d extras" mod, which redefines a few non-homedecor items to make them more 3d in appearance (e.g. bookshelves)
  • sdzen's building_blocks mod, which supplies a number of additional decorative nodes both for building and for use in recipes
  • thefamilygrog's lava lamps mod, revamped with meshnodes and new animations
  • kaeza's computers mod, which supplies several modern and classic computers, peripherals, and gaming consoles.
  • qwrwed's plasmascreen mod
  • bas080's inbox mod
  • jp's fork of the fake_fire mod
  • my fork of Doc's chains/chandelier mod, with brass textures by jp
  • my fork of Zeg9's Item Frames mod
  • thefamilygrog's lrfurn mod, which adds couches/sofas and small tables (this mod has been split apart and integrated with other homedecor components)
Most stuff can be made from materials found throughout a vanilla game world. Some stuff can only be crafted by using materials from another mod. Currently, this mod can use materials/recipes from More Ores, More Blocks, Mesecons, Vessels, and Wool (or Cotton).

This modpack is a work-in-progress, but is complete enough to be useful, and shouldn't irritate anyone too badly. :-)

► Mod Info

Dependencies: Minetest 5.0.1 or newer, a corresponding minetest_game, and at least unifieddyes and basic_materials. There will be other dependencies here and there, as each sub-mod has its own needs.

Recommends: signs_lib (commit 4ff54c9a or later only),
my home workshop modpack,
windmill, moreblocks, unified_inventory, and currency.

Conflicts: Any of the mods mentioned in the "consists of multiple parts" list at the top of this post, if they had been installed separately. This modpack provides all of their functionality anyway, and in most cases improves on them.

License: LGPL 3.0 for code, CC-by-SA 4.0 for media and everything else.

Download:
Get it as a zip: https://github.com/mt-mods/homedecor_mo ... master.zip
...or browse the code: https://github.com/mt-mods/homedecor_modpack

Install: Unzip the distribution archive, rename the resultant VanessaE-homedecor_modpack-blahblah folder to just "homedecor_modpack", move it into Minetest's mods directory, and enable the modpack via your desired world's "Configure" menu as usual.

► Colorization Support

This mod uses Unified Dyes to provide a wide range of colors to many of its objects. Of course, not everything can be colored (who needs a pink kitchen cabinet or a blue television?), but just about anything that one could reasonably expect to color can be. Those objects include bathroom tiles, beds, books, kitchen chairs (the ones with wool seats, not all-wooden), armchairs, curtains, glow lights (all three sizes), lava lamps, table and standing lamps, desk lamps, sofas, and window shutters.

► Credits / Miscellaneous

• Various bits of code (especially for the inventory code used in various places), plus a few miscellaneous images, were borrowed from the files which come with Minetest and altered to suit.
  • Many thanks to Jeija for coming up with an elegant cylinder using nodeboxes (see his 'irregular' mods). A variation of his code is used for the round brass lampposts.
  • Many thanks also to GloopMaster for explaining how to do use the inventory stuff.
  • A special thanks to jin_xi and cornernote for helping me figure out what was going wrong with the on-placement code for the fridge.
  • The shapes for the various 3dforniture objects came from Tonyka's mod (though all code has been written from scratch). Many thanks to Kaeza for integrating those items into this modpack!
Spoiler
To get a list of the actual node names, just go into the homedecor/ folder and run the listnodes.sh Bash script.

As mentioned above, a re-implemented version of Tonyka's The 3dforniture mod has been incorporated into Home Decor, courtesy of Kaeza. Some textures used for those nodes are from my 16px HDX texture pack. Node and texture names remain the same, with the help of a few aliases, so that existing maps, texture packs, other mods, etc. need no changes. A couple of recipes are different from the original mod owing to the availability of more suitable materials, and to avoid recipe conflicts with other mods. One other change that was made to 3dforniture is that the desk lamp is a mesh rather than nodeboxes, it no longer shows several copies in the creative inventory, and texture modifiers are used to create` the different brightness levels in the lampshades, for added flexibility.

If you have signs_lib installed, Home Decor will add wooden signs to brass and wrought iron fence posts (but not the vertical poles).

For information on creating the more esoteric colors used in this mod, see the Unified Dyes Page. In general, you craft and place a neutral-colored object such as an arm chair or lamp, then punch it while wielding some dye, and the object may change to that color.

Many items can be used as fuel but the burn times need tuning, and I need to tune the cook time and fuel usage on the smelted items. Sound effects could use some work, too.

The sounds used for doors and gates were copied from http://www.freesound.org/people/Slanesh/sounds/31768/ and http://www.freesound.org/people/j1987/sounds/106116/, respectively. The toilet flushing sound came directly from the 3dforniture mod.

Sdzen's building_blocks mod has been imported into this modpack and improved a bit as it is needed to supply a few basic materials that just can't be made in any sane way otherwise.
Attachments
homedecor1.png
homedecor1.png (765.29 KiB) Viewed 20619 times
Last edited by VanessaE on Wed Jan 29, 2014 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Stef

by Stef » Post

your crafting for LARGE GLASS TABLE top wil bug because that crafting is already used for glass panes
Sorry for my crappy english, im dutch :D

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Fixed! Large tabletops are now crafted from the smaller ones.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Cooper

by Cooper » Post

VanessaE wrote:Fixed! Large tabletops are now crafted from the smaller ones.
This is the most epic mod ever
TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

good mod

lesliev

by lesliev » Post

Wow, this truly is an epic mod! Thanks so much for all the amazing hard work!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Thanks! As soon as I learn those new nodeboxes introduced in recent git, I'll be adding a few more items :-)

Edit: Obviously I have since started playing around with said nodeboxes. :-)
Last edited by VanessaE on Sat Jun 23, 2012 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

Baronboo12

by Baronboo12 » Post

this mod is awesome but i cant install ANYTHING can someone help me please?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

VanessaE, The 23-06 version is not on your page.

Baronboo12, Can't you install mods in general, or this one in particular? And what message do you get, trying to install it?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Oops! Sorry about that, forgot to upload the actual zip file! No matter, a new version is up (just bugfixes), and this time the download link works. ;-)

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Baronboo12

by Baronboo12 » Post

Topywo i actually download it but it doesnt work in minetest
and it is like this for all modding.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Baronboo12 wrote:Topywo i actually download it but it doesnt work in minetest
and it is like this for all modding.
Which version of minetest are you using 0.3.1 --> Doesn't load mods or 0.4 --> does load mods

If 0.4 What operating system do you use? (Windows (I don't, but maybe someone else) or Linux (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, etc)
-- For windows, maybe the link Jeija gave you can help ( http://minetest.net/wiki/doku.php?id=installing_mods )

If 0.4 and Linux, did you use a launchpad like in this link https://code.launchpad.net/~minetestdev ... ily-builds or
did you compile it yourself like described (scroll down) here in the readme.txt https://github.com/celeron55/minetest

launchpad --> extract the mods in /usr/share/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods .
Self-compiling --> extract the mods in /home/TOPYWO/celeron55-minetest-c57e508/mods/minetest . Where TOPYWO is the name you gave your computer.

((General info: It looks like minetest can now use subfolders under this folder too))

It can come in handy to have the latest nightly built:
Windows: http://minetest.net/packages/nightly/?C=M;O=A , the one with c57 in it
Linux, just compile as described in the readme.txt.

I hope this will help you to enjoy the mods. Remember however, that some are not up to date. But VanessaE's home decor is.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

launchpad --> extract the mods in /usr/share/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods
Sudo abuse is bad mkay?

Put the mods in ~/.minetest/mods/minetest
Also, put the MODS in /mods/minetest, not in /games/minetest_game. Everyone is doing it wrong right now.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Calinou wrote:
launchpad --> extract the mods in /usr/share/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods
Sudo abuse is bad mkay?

Put the mods in ~/.minetest/mods/minetest
Also, put the MODS in /mods/minetest, not in /games/minetest_game. Everyone is doing it wrong right now.
Yes, if you use launchpad do as Calinou says. Sudoing each time is also annoying. (btw, ~ = /home/TOPYWO)

Calinou, I finally found the .minetest folder you mention :-) For me it's only ~/.minetest, with a "cache' or a 'worlds' folder, so no 'mods' folder (and thus no 'mods/minetest' folder). But it's 2 months old (I don't use it anymore for a while now). Does this mean you have to create the folder yourself or is it due to my old launchpad version?

mrtux

by mrtux » Post

Nice mod! This will surely make my home more spiffy. I also had an idea that the TV's could play or display videos or pictures in a directory, and the stereo receiver could play audio files (.mp3, .ogg) in a directory as well.
thanks doge

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've been thinking about that actually - it should be possible, but displaying a video on the TV would take up quite a lot of space and would not be very good quality.

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

i made a modified version for the less home like maps. Has flower pots, roofing, and the large glass table but as a glass sheet. Does not require the die mod either. Grass = green, coal = black, and sand = terracotta.

Home Decor Minimal

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

@Vanessa,

I love your doors with the stained glass. I also love the 3d doors on Menche's server. I think he's using xdoors Mod. I want my cake and eat it too. Think you could steal the xdoors code or do a nodebox and make the stained glass doors 3d? They would be epic.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Thu Aug 02, 2012 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

That might be possible, I'll have to give it some thought though.

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

you may want for your mod, this small television ...
features:

animated channels
multiple states, off, channel 1, channel 2 ....

I've only done 3 channels and the textures and animations are pretty bad, I have not included audio for now, but surely you can make it better ...

GitHub:
https://github.com/tony-ka/Minetest---TV-Mod
My mod: [MOD]3D Forniture 1.0
Download: 3DForniture_v_1.0.zip
Page development (European Castilian):
Moviliario 3D (proyecto 3D Forniture)

madchicken13

by madchicken13 » Post

Would you made a radio mod with me???
We could use your Stereo Textures.
And I Could Change The Format Of some Songs From MP3 to OGG.
And Code the Mod so When You Put The Stereo Down and pick it up it plays the song.

Or

Could You make Some Textures of a stereo for me and i could say in the post that they are your textures

PS : im not the Best a Textures :s

Thnx
Minetest-CC = viewtopic.php?pid=122782
My Minetest Mods = MoreBlocks
My Website: http://www.cddo.us/

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I think the best thing is to make "on" and "off" versions of the stereo (basically one with all its lights turned on and one with no lights at all). Then, make the sound come from any speakers that are within say 15 nodes of an "on" stereo.

madchicken13

by madchicken13 » Post

VanessaE wrote:I think the best thing is to make "on" and "off" versions of the stereo (basically one with all its lights turned on and one with no lights at all). Then, make the sound come from any speakers that are within say 15 nodes of an "on" stereo.
Thats a GOOD idea BUT i made a mod where you enter command : /play_<1-20>
and it plays a song for the player
Minetest-CC = viewtopic.php?pid=122782
My Minetest Mods = MoreBlocks
My Website: http://www.cddo.us/

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Hey VanessaA, nice mod.

Why do you always build that house on the servers?
Is it your house in real life?
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader