[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
50%
NO
50%

Total votes: 179

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute

by sorcerykid » Post

Whenever there is a suspected grief due to account hacking, the city takes ownership of that player's property for safekeeping and to prevent further griefing until the original player returns. I will give jeilui tune to reclaim the land, but eventually it will be auctioned off.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Whenever there is a suspected grief due to account hacking, the city takes ownership of that player's property for safekeeping and to prevent further griefing until the original player returns. I will give jeilui tune to reclaim the land, but eventually it will be auctioned off.
Oh okay.

Did you ever find out what caused the server to crash yesterday?

Speedy2021
In-game: micah

by Speedy2021 » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Welcome micah, great to hear from you!

Just FYI: The land across the street from your house may soon be vacant again. So you'll have a good view of spawn -- that is, until digger undoubtedly acquires it :D
YAYAYAYAYAY and ikr ugh
God's not Dead!
You are Loved!
Heya! I'm Speedy!
I'm also known as Miss Micah XD

Speedy2021
In-game: micah

by Speedy2021 » Post

Didnt mean to double post
God's not Dead!
You are Loved!
Heya! I'm Speedy!
I'm also known as Miss Micah XD

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Lately I'm being bombarded with requests (and even demands) for colored nametags. Keep in mind, these color-codes signify senior rank and are something that is earned. Only a select handful of players are entrusted with water and lava privileges, and for good reason: to lessen the likelihood of griefing. Likewise, nobody other than Nemo, BlueFireUn, and citymanager are granted fast or fly privileges. So don't even both asking.

Suffice it to say, if players keep begging for a change in rank, then I'm inclined to impose a freeze on lava and water privileges once again.

Thanks for your understanding.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Hi all, I'm heading back from vacation now. We just left Chicago about an hour ago. Here's a (picture perfect) view from the Amtrak as we pulled out of Union Station:

Thankfully, the server ran very smoothly while I was gone, and there were no complications the entire week. I tried to login every day to address questions and concerns that players had. I also received a few private messages, so I'll try to follow up as soon as I can.

There are a lot of exciting plans in the works for JT2 beginning this month. I'll post details very soon!

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Hi all, I'm heading back from vacation now. We just left Chicago about an hour ago. Here's a (picture perfect) view from the Amtrak as we pulled out of Union Station:

Thankfully, the server ran very smoothly while I was gone, and there were no complications the entire week. I tried to login every day to address questions and concerns that players had. I also received a few private messages, so I'll try to follow up as soon as I can.

There are a lot of exciting plans in the works for JT2 beginning this month. I'll post details very soon!
Amtrak? Cool! /me has plans with Amtrak in a few weeks.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I'm proud to announce the grand opening of Mayfair Park!

Mayfair Park was designed and constructed by our very own builder extraordinaire Arisha_L. It is a lavish urban escape on the southern end of town featuring solitary gardens, a dense backdrop of trees, and winding paths connecting a pair of illuminated gazebos.

The park straddles the S&T Railroad along Hill Street and is located within the Hollycrest Subdivision. It can be accessed via the the Yellow Line subway at the Race Street exit.

Mayfair Park is the first in a series of urban development projects to be undertaken by volunteer players as part of the new Adopt-A-Park and Adopt-A-Street programs.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

That's sad :(

AndDT
GitHub: AndDT
IRC: AndDT
In-game: AndDT

by AndDT » Post

sorcerykid wrote: Image
Style of the map is similar to one in the first Silent Hill :-)
Proud user of Slackware GNU/Linux

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

Been there, that's one beautiful piece of urban greenery. Only there's way too many flowers, idk if it's purposely so or just a way to avoid them spreading anyways in an uncontrolled manner. Which gave me an idea: could we have something like a garden block, to stop plants from growing in it's range just like city blocks stop mobs from spawning? I suggest giving it the same range protectors have, since gardens are naturally smaller structures than cities.
Also, please add helpers for city blocks to be shown when punching a block to indicate its range, just like protectors show their range when punched. The large area of city blocks makes them inconvenient with no helpers.

Can I adopt a park too?
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

iisu

by iisu » Post

I can't even tell what the actual range of a city block is. I asked Arisha in game and she said 45 nodes but item description says 42. Is the block's range a 42 node area around the block (which would make the area uneven as one side would be longer by one node than the other; this makes me believe Arisha may be right cause an odd number is more reasonable here, in which case the description has to be updated) or is it 42 nodes in each direction, which makes an insanely huge 85x85 area?

I like the diamond block texture on JT2, it's way superior to the default one. Too bad we can't make floors and roofs with diamond blocks cause they get replaced with a teleport. A solution to this problem is simple: a teleporter wand tool to activate the teleport. A diamond block surrounded by other diamond blocks should only change to a teleport when it gets acrivated by punching it with such wand.

Oh, and I want to give up my adoption cause I just realized I'm short on dirt. I also have an idea for the public mine's shaft, so I might want to take care of this instead once town takes it over.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

iisu wrote:I can't even tell what the actual range of a city block is. I asked Arisha in game and she said 45 nodes but item description says 42. Is the block's range a 42 node area around the block (which would make the area uneven as one side would be longer by one node than the other; this makes me believe Arisha may be right cause an odd number is more reasonable here, in which case the description has to be updated) or is it 42 nodes in each direction, which makes an insanely huge 85x85 area?

I like the diamond block texture on JT2, it's way superior to the default one. Too bad we can't make floors and roofs with diamond blocks cause they get replaced with a teleport. A solution to this problem is simple: a teleporter wand tool to activate the teleport. A diamond block surrounded by other diamond blocks should only change to a teleport when it gets acrivated by punching it with such wand.

Oh, and I want to give up my adoption cause I just realized I'm short on dirt. I also have an idea for the public mine's shaft, so I might want to take care of this instead once town takes it over.
Short on dirt? That can be fixed by going far away from spawn :D

iisu

by iisu » Post

BBmine wrote:Short on dirt? That can be fixed by going far away from spawn :D
I know, that's how I got my 2 chests of dirt. But I've used one on my possession and it's not done yet and I need over 1 more chest for another project. And now I want to make a decent public mine shaft which is another project for which I need to mine mese for all the protection – roughly about a stack of mese for 1km and the current shaft is 3,5km deep. Not to mention that my house is not even halfway done.
I don't play much now and most of my time I spend at spawn. It's gonna take me some time before I can take on another project and I assume you want a public project like a park done quickly.

RWЯ
GitHub: DreamCrusher
IRC: DabbetulArz
In-game: Hood

by RWЯ » Post

Good news, i came back in jt2, you can expect finishing my land, with awesome park for resting, structures for watching, fountains, waterfalls, and much more on end of this month ;)
-SFP
If I feel it then I do it (I don’t need a reason why)

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I finally fixed the bug with underground farming. As it turns out, the the minimum light level of the farming_redo mod was too high. While torches were still usable, they had to be placed adjacent to every crop. This limited their effective coverage to only 4 nodes..

I reduced the minimum light level, so now the effective coverage of a single torch is 12 nodes (two in each cardinal direction, and one on each diagonal as depicted) which is comparable to the original farming mod. Thanks to iisu, for pointing out this problem!

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:I finally fixed the bug with underground farming. As it turns out, the the minimum light level of the farming_redo mod was too high. While torches were still usable, they had to be placed adjacent to every crop. This limited their effective coverage to only 4 nodes..

I reduced the minimum light level, so now the effective coverage of a single torch is 12 nodes (two in each cardinal direction, and one on each diagonal as depicted) which is comparable to the original farming mod. Thanks to iisu, for pointing out this problem!

Yay!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Mailboxes are updated! At long last, n00b's cannot spam your mailbox with starter items.
  • Reject Starter Items
    Disallow the mailing of torches, apples, wooden tools, and wooden armor

Delivery Notification
    Receive a chat message whenever an item is dropped into your mailbox
By default, all existing mailboxes have these options enabled. I hope this feature proves helpful!

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

That notification checkbox is a nice touch. Players can opt in or out.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Looks like you have maike's aikerum (Yes, I mispelled that horibly :P) pick in your inv :D

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

iisu wrote:could we have something like a garden block, to stop plants from growing in it's range just like city blocks stop mobs from spawning? I suggest giving it the same range protectors have, since gardens are naturally smaller structures than cities.
It would probably be easier to develop a mod that can inhibit growth of certain flora by means of a pesticide spray. The implementation could be similar to how the hoe is used in farming, only the opposite (it makes the soil infertile).
Also, please add helpers for city blocks to be shown when punching a block to indicate its range, just like protectors show their range when punched. The large area of city blocks makes them inconvenient with no helpers.
I know the description is misleading. The city block covers a horizontal area of 43 x 43 meters. Dare I say, a visual guide of that scale could put a strain on some clients. There might also be limit to the size of entities. So I'll have to see if it is even possible.
I think a fairly straightforward solution is just to change the teleports to ordinary craftable nodes. However, that might entail some extensive changes to the code, depending on how the placement is currently handled.

ΥουJυςτGοτΟωηεд
GitHub: DaKurizz
IRC: Prototype
In-game: SuckerForPain

by ΥουJυςτGοτΟωηεд » Post

Unfortunately, world which i had dragon builded i deleted by accident, dragon might late few months. But don't wory i have manny others structures to build on JT2
-SFP

iisu

by iisu » Post

sorcerykid wrote:It would probably be easier to develop a mod that can inhibit growth of certain flora by means of a pesticide spray. The implementation could be similar to how the hoe is used in farming, only the opposite (it makes the soil infertile).
Short after writing my post I thought that just adding new blocks with the same texture dirt uses would be much simpler. I think crafting them with dirt and gravel would make sense. Currently there's not much to do with all the gravel we mine with TNT.
sorcerykid wrote:I know the description is misleading. The city block covers a horizontal area of 43 x 43 meters. Dare I say, a visual guide of that scale could put a strain on some clients. There might also be limit to the size of entities. So I'll have to see if it is even possible.
VE's server have large protection range and helpers but yeah, they're probably the most lagging servers out there so it's not a good example. Worldedit has large entities too.
Maybe just add additional information about the city area in the protection tool. Only make sure it is only accessible to the owner of the area. We don't want killers running all around waving their protection wands to avoid jail. :D
I think a fairly straightforward solution is just to change the teleports to ordinary craftable nodes. However, that might entail some extensive changes to the code, depending on how the placement is currently handled.
I also think teleports would be better crafted but I though you might want to not change them much to keep legacy of JT. I may try to mimic S521's teleports and make a mod for this.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I completed a major overhaul of the itemframes mod, making this the fourth mod that I've completely refactored from scratch!

With this update, It is finally possible to place lava buckets, water buckets, tnt, and crops both into portraits and onto pedestals. I apologize for not having this fix in place sooner. The issue with crops was due to a limitation of the farming_plus callback routines. However, the biggest challenge, was overcoming all the security barriers in my city_block mod. Placement of lava, water, and tnt was strictly controlled (such precautionary measures were for good reason of course), thereby making these items incompatible with itemframes.

All of these antigrief checks are now implemented as hooks. This affords for more extensibility and less likelihood of interference with the game mechanics beyond the scope of preventing griefage. It's a much more "solid" system overall, and a huge improvement to the underlying security model.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

The last 7-months of satellite images are now available on the JT2 site. I will try to upload December as well, as it's currently archived.

http://jt2.intraversal.net/

In other news, Spawn Plaza is getting the usual seasonal makeover. Grab an umbrella and some ice water. It's a scorcher out there!