[Mod] Alive AI V26.32 [aliveai]

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [Mod] Alive AI V5.6 [aliveai]

by Sokomine » Post

AiTechEye wrote: bots will only build 1 house, then they will stay at home for ever.
they can go a bit from it, but walk back again or be teleported bac
That sounds reasonable. Sadly, no bot has managed to build his house so far. Not even with the newest version and lots of dirt, wood, furnaces, chests and glass thrown at hopeful bots. They where thankful but did not build.
AiTechEye wrote: use aliveai:genbuildingtool to spawn houses, in same way as the bots is buildning.
That spawn tool worked well. The houses are no worse than what many players on servers will build. Still, something nicer would be...er...nicer :-)
AiTechEye wrote: if their mood is possetive, and you clicks them will they go to you, like when you says <name> come
or if the mood is negative, they will just be annoyed, and after a few times attacking...
They're definitely entertaining to watch :-) Bots walk towards other bots, they may then "talk" or walk around a bit together.

There are some parts I don't like much. All this digging is rather untidy and destructive to the landscape. They don't always dig the entire tree (admittedly they try their best! If some leaves that are in the way are removed for them they usually manage). Dirt and sand are digged in order to build a house (which never happens) and that creates holes in the landscape. Attempts at building bridges or pillaring up in order to get somewhere lead to undesired blocks which serve no real purpose. Can the mobs be taught to clean up after themshelves? :-) Maybe they can use ladders...and as those are valuable, the mob might pick up the ladders after climbing up :-)

A config option that still allows them to roam around, chat with each other and have fun would be nice. Hostile bots ought to be disallowed with such an option. And even if normally friendly bots would get angry, they could walk away from the player or just continue to complain :-) They ought to refrain from digging and building bridges out of normal blocks. I'd love to let them loose in more worlds than a few testworlds. But right now I can't let them go everywhere :-(
A list of my mods can be found here.

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

Re: [Mod] Alive AI V5.8 [aliveai]

by Diamond knight » Post

Bots respect area protection blocks

AiTechEye
GitHub: AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

they are yet terrorists :P

1:
have you seen anyone of this, tries to build a house, like walk and look at lines, or even not that?
since i added more stuff to craft, they has been more spoiled and are trying to make us to give away diamonds and mese when we give them something.

the most common things they want is:
tree/wood
stone/cobble/sand/dirt
steel,glass, drinking glass, bottles,furnaces
diamonds/mese crystal
chest/locked
wooden signs/steel signs

2:
make them not dig dirt and build dirt houses?
3:
i think its an bad idea to build with ladder, becaouse i think they will place ladders everywhere, then ignore them.
4:
will try to make them remove the towers instead.
5:
set aliveai.team_fight=false in the settings.lua to make them not fight
or should the red npc Image be in same team as the other?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

AiTechEye wrote: they are yet terrorists :P
Oh no :-) They're too friendly for that :-)
AiTechEye wrote: 1:
have you seen anyone of this, tries to build a house, like walk and look at lines, or even not that?
since i added more stuff to craft, they has been more spoiled and are trying to make us to give away diamonds and mese when we give them something.
They mostly just walk around or dig holes. The first time I tried to get them to build they where placing several nodes close together. I wondered weather that was an attempt to build a house. The construct was pretty random and consisted of glass and a furnace, all placed 1-2 nodes below water. Perhaps they where trying to build a platform to stand on in the water.
AiTechEye wrote: since i added more stuff to craft, they has been more spoiled and are trying to make us to give away diamonds and mese when we give them something.
Aaah. That might be :) Perhaps you can let them say "i want to buy a house" from time to time.
AiTechEye wrote: the most common things they want is:
tree/wood
stone/cobble/sand/dirt
steel,glass, drinking glass, bottles,furnaces
diamonds/mese crystal
chest/locked
wooden signs/steel signs
I gave them large stacks of wood, dirt and cobble and even had a furnace and a chest at hand. Perhaps they where still missing some things and got too lazy to even ask for them.
AiTechEye wrote: 2:
make them not dig dirt and build dirt houses?
Dirt houses are not nice.
AiTechEye wrote: 3:
i think its an bad idea to build with ladder, becaouse i think they will place ladders everywhere, then ignore them.
Install a memory upgrade :-)
AiTechEye wrote: 4:
will try to make them remove the towers instead.
5:
set aliveai.team_fight=false in the settings.lua to make them not fight
or should the red npc be in same team as the other?
I'd prefer it if they where all friendly. They can still fight against hostile mobs like dirt- and sandmob etc. if those are running around. Self-defense is ok. Other players may have diffrent preferences. I've nothing against them fighting in a team against hostile mobs - they ought to continue to do so.
A list of my mods can be found here.

AiTechEye

Re: [Mod] Alive AI V5.9 [aliveai]

by AiTechEye » Post

+give questions
-build/mine dirt

i skiped add "remove towers and build with ladders"
it will be too complex, because they have to do everything backwards:

it would work like this

function create path
try to walk to pos
or try to climb on ladders, if some is useable to it.
or build tower --> get build_path and dig_path
or try to build bridge
return path

build the tower build_path
go to the target, can be enimy, node, something to hide into.

then go back to the tower and dig dig_path.
and add this too all functions that are using the path system

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

Re: [Mod] Alive AI V6.6 [aliveai]

by Diamond knight » Post

Sometime might make a new addon for this mod, here is a small teaser:

Ever wanted to pvp charlemagne the great, or go on a mining trip with George Washington, or build a castle with napoleon. Well soon you will be able to :D

zaoqi
GitHub: zaoqi
IRC: zaoqi
In-game: zaoqi

Re: [Mod] Alive AI V7.6 [aliveai]

by zaoqi » Post

BUG!
aliveai_aliens/init.lua:38
p={x=p.x,y=p.y+math.random(15,30),p.z}
p={x=p.x,y=p.y+math.random(15,30),z=p.z}
I speak en_CN/zh_CN/wzh_ACN.
My mods: ZNM's Not Minecraft Minecraft-like Commands Crafting+/gamemode

zaoqi
GitHub: zaoqi
IRC: zaoqi
In-game: zaoqi

by zaoqi » Post

End log output over terminal (no stdout/stderr backlog during that)
========================
2017-07-13 14:39:49: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'aliveai_aliens' in callback environment_Step(): /home/ubuntu/.minetest/mods/build/aliveai/extras.lua:43: attempt to index a nil value
2017-07-13 14:39:49: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-07-13 14:39:49: ERROR[Main]: /home/ubuntu/.minetest/mods/build/aliveai/extras.lua:43: in function 'wieldviewr'
2017-07-13 14:39:49: ERROR[Main]: /home/ubuntu/.minetest/mods/build/aliveai/items.lua:160: in function 'invadd'
2017-07-13 14:39:49: ERROR[Main]: /home/ubuntu/.minetest/mods/build/aliveai/items.lua:457: in function 'eat'
2017-07-13 14:39:49: ERROR[Main]: /home/ubuntu/.minetest/mods/build/aliveai/items.lua:136: in function 'invadd'
2017-07-13 14:39:49: ERROR[Main]: /home/ubuntu/.minetest/mods/build/aliveai/items.lua:457: in function 'eat'
2017-07-13 14:39:49: ERROR[Main]: /home/ubuntu/.minetest/mods/build/aliveai/bot.lua:257: in function 'func'
2017-07-13 14:39:49: ERROR[Main]: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:18: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:4>
2017-07-13 14:39:49: ERROR[Main]: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>
2017-07-13 14:39:49: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
I speak en_CN/zh_CN/wzh_ACN.
My mods: ZNM's Not Minecraft Minecraft-like Commands Crafting+/gamemode

Azazel
In-game: Omallem

by Azazel » Post

I like these npc mobs, but something I hate is that they are destructive. I think they should be engendered in small villages and that they sleep at night. That each npc has defined his house so that in the nights of shelter in them.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

they have that behavior, try to find stuff,build then stay around the house, search to light in darknes, also place things that lights up.

but after i have added more functions it looks like they is doing everything else

next problem is how to make them craft a bed, cuz they does not farming wool or flowers

thanks zaoqi for reporting :)

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

Re: [Mod] Alive AI V7.8 [aliveai]

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

wow, amazing mod!!! I'll test it on a singleplayer. I would consider to add this mod in my server. Thanks n_n.
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

AiTechEye

Re: [Mod] Alive AI V7.8 [aliveai]

by AiTechEye » Post

you should try all mobs, cuz some monsters is made to destroy big areas

+ in 7.9 npc's will sleep in beds

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: [Mod] Alive AI V7.9 [aliveai]

by Andrey01 » Post

It is really the greatest mod of all other (well, i mean with mobs). I like when NPCs are chatting. I wonder they even understand a speech each other. For example, one npc is telling to other npc "Come" and second npc is coming to that! Hmm... why have nobody thought to create so mod before?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

I have a suggestion: let NPCs can use entities (vehicles), for example, they can rightclick on a vehicle sit there. Thus use any furniture from Home decor mod.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

1: cuz they hard to make
2: they understands some words and can handle by it, like "come", "<name> come", "who are you","help", "what is your name?", "what is your favorite color", "do you have <item name>", "how are you",... see all in aliveai/chat.lua

the question "what is this?" wil make them tell what you are standing on or object near you.
talking to them takes their mood, and wish to do things,, and after too much nagging they will be annoyed and attack you...

3: they can use carts, horses from mobs redo and boats if you giving them, or if they gets the items

and a lot more

currently i will fix the lay down, and try to make them farm wheat and cotton

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

epic!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

AiTechEye wrote:1: cuz they hard to make
2: they understands some words and can handle by it, like "come", "<name> come", "who are you","help", "what is your name?", "what is your favorite color", "do you have <item name>", "how are you",... see all in aliveai/chat.lua

the question "what is this?" wil make them tell what you are standing on or object near you.
talking to them takes their mood, and wish to do things,, and after too much nagging they will be annoyed and attack you...

3: they can use carts, horses from mobs redo and boats if you giving them, or if they gets the items

and a lot more

currently i will fix the lay down, and try to make them farm wheat and cotton
But i want they use trains from Advtrains, vehicles from Vehicles mod. And i want they can handle these vehicles. Still i would like they could build hard structures as houses with a few floors and they can furnish in their houses. Also i noticed they build very simple buildings (don`t set a door, from simple materials) that`s why some of them look like ugly. Can you edit it?

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

Re: [Mod] Alive AI V7.91 [aliveai]

by Chibi ghost » Post

Andrey what you are demanding from the mod creators is extremely difficult

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Chibi ghost wrote:Andrey what you are demanding from the mod creators is extremely difficult
It must not be difficult if AiTechEye even could do so difficult mod. I requested to add only using vehicles by Npc. About houses i think it is possible.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

you are wlecome to try to add vehicles :)
code you need to make them use vehicles is in aliveai/handlers.lua

doors are very messy to add in this mod
becouse the bots have to go "through a wall"
have to set wich direction the bots need to go, by using param2, and check if the door is open or closed, a closed door can be opned from another direction + there are more kinds of doors.
at same time the doors is items, and bots does not placing items, and items cant be set by the geretaor...
thats the reason to doors not are added, just unnecessarily messy

the currently standard buildnings is generated, you can also copy buildning instrutions code with the yellow stick,
i have been thiking about making house with more floors before, but its unnecessarily hard to make.
then past the code in a bot house setting, eg

Code: Select all

aliveai.create_bot({
 name="folk1",
 texture="aliveai_folk1.png",
house="4 4 3+++default:acacia_wood 79!air 20!default:glass 1!+default:acacia_wood 25!air 2!default:acacia_wood 2!air 3!default:acacia_wood 1!air 2!default:acacia_wood 10!air 2!default:acacia_wood 1!default:glass 1!air 3!default:acacia_wood 1!air 2!default:acacia_wood 10!air 2!default:acacia_wood 2!air 2!default:acacia_wood 2!air 2!default:acacia_wood 25!"
})

you are also welecome to make or edit skins, I'm not particularly interested in spending time on nicer textures, there are just 42 already.
some skins took 2 mins to make, other 2 hours
regardless of this are cool or less cool, it's nice with variation :)

... this is pretty advanced mod,and i have a pretty basic education, eg im not approved in mathematics :)

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

AiTechEye wrote:you are wlecome to try to add vehicles :)
code you need to make them use vehicles is in aliveai/handlers.lua

doors are very messy to add in this mod
becouse the bots have to go "through a wall"
have to set wich direction the bots need to go, by using param2, and check if the door is open or closed, a closed door can be opned from another direction + there are more kinds of doors.
at same time the doors is items, and bots does not placing items, and items cant be set by the geretaor...
thats the reason to doors not are added, just unnecessarily messy

the currently standard buildnings is generated, you can also copy buildning instrutions code with the yellow stick,
i have been thiking about making house with more floors before, but its unnecessarily hard to make.
then past the code in a bot house setting, eg

Code: Select all

aliveai.create_bot({
 name="folk1",
 texture="aliveai_folk1.png",
house="4 4 3+++default:acacia_wood 79!air 20!default:glass 1!+default:acacia_wood 25!air 2!default:acacia_wood 2!air 3!default:acacia_wood 1!air 2!default:acacia_wood 10!air 2!default:acacia_wood 1!default:glass 1!air 3!default:acacia_wood 1!air 2!default:acacia_wood 10!air 2!default:acacia_wood 2!air 2!default:acacia_wood 2!air 2!default:acacia_wood 25!"
})

you are also welecome to make or edit skins, I'm not particularly interested in spending time on nicer textures, there are just 42 already.
some skins took 2 mins to make, other 2 hours
regardless of this are cool or less cool, it's nice with variation :)

... this is pretty advanced mod,and i have a pretty basic education, eg im not approved in mathematics :)
No, no. I did not mean adding vehicles in this mod. I mean to add dependencies to the mod from Vehicles and Advtrains mods. I know items are objects that can not set to the world. Maybe i am not right. I saw doors are doors and nothing anymore. I wonder doors can not be generated, although i consider it is possible to do.

About skins i can add new ones from Unified Skins and add some my ones. I have already added new skins in your mod.

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

Andrey01, I'm testing right now, and let me tell you something: IT'S REALLY IMPRESSIVE n_n. I'll test it on Andromeda Server tomorrow. Thanks for recommend me this server - it makes the survival game more immersive with those npcs.
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:Andrey01, I'm testing right now, and let me tell you something: IT'S REALLY IMPRESSIVE n_n. I'll test it on Andromeda Server tomorrow. Thanks for recommend me this server - it makes the survival game more immersive with those npcs.
Only all npcs are very talkative and that`s why your chat maybe is full by them talk.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

i have been trying it before, but,
the doors is items, then becomes blocks after you placing them + problems with rotations
so its not possable to add doors from the default doors mod

its cool if you desire to try to add support to more vehicles,
the problem is every vehicle need to be driven on its own way,
the bots is using hacks to drive vehilces
sometimes you have to spend hours each of them to make it work...

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Why do Npcs disappear for a while? It often happens when i spawn many them.