DELETED

DEV
In-game: DEV DEV04

DELETED

by DEV » Post

DELETED
Last edited by DEV on Tue Jan 26, 2021 20:29, edited 2 times in total.
Languages: English, German---My Server:World of Parcours and Mazes

LaserJet
In-game: LaserJet

Re: Kopie, cut and insert in chat

by LaserJet » Post

what is strg
In order, LaserJet, RubyJet, and xYOSIYAx are my usernames with my currently used one is xYOSIYAx (because I had to have the same username everywhere). You may call me xY or my username

DEV

by DEV » Post

LaserJet wrote:what is strg
Strg=Steuerung
Picture:https://goo.gl/images/dm11MX
Last edited by DEV on Thu Jul 13, 2017 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

LaserJet
In-game: LaserJet

by LaserJet » Post

DEV wrote:
Strg=Steuerung
so is that suppose to be a button or what
In order, LaserJet, RubyJet, and xYOSIYAx are my usernames with my currently used one is xYOSIYAx (because I had to have the same username everywhere). You may call me xY or my username

DEV

by DEV » Post

LaserJet wrote:
DEV wrote:
Strg=Steuerung
so is that suppose to be a button or what
Open the picture:https://goo.gl/images/dm11MX

MineYoshi

Re: Copie, cut and insert in chat

by MineYoshi » Post

"Strg" is "Ctrl" for you USA kids.
I don't understand how simply explaining how to "Copy and Paste" with keyboard commands can become a topic, i'm sure most of the people here knows to do so; the people that doesn't know either doesn't need to do so or simply learns to do so from other sources. I haven't really needed to "Copy and Paste" a text in the Minetest's chat.

Resuming the first post is kind of much selecting the text, press "Ctrl+C" to copy, then going to Minetest's chat and press "Ctrl+V" to paste. Simple stuff.
Have a nice day! :D

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Actually this is worth more discussion as far as I'm concerned.
I can not, or haven't properly learned how to copy or select text in chat. I'm on Linux with somewhat dependable pasting into chat. Also I can copy and paste (most of the time) into or from a formspec.
The OP outlined how to copy chat with shift+a or shift+arrows.
That is news to me and I can't seem to do it. Is this from the f10 console? Or is it from "t" chat?
Anyone care to share more info on selecting text? I've never seen any highlighting or anything that even hints at being selected.
Thanks!

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Actually....Yeah...

One trick is to do Ctrl+V twice when you're in minetest :P

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

I'm pretty sure the only text in chat that can be selected is the current input line, not the chat history.

DEV

by DEV » Post

MineYoshi wrote: I don't understand how simply explaining how to "Copy and Paste" with keyboard commands can become a topic
Some players dont know that this in Minetest chat work too

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Currently the only text from Minetest that you can work with is that of any sort of display (ie. formspecs or signs) and the line you are working with. On some systems, you can copy from outside Minetest into chat and formspecs. Sometimes if you paste into chat (ctrl+v), nothing shows up. Do Ctrl+v again and it should show up. If you have pasted before and you do ctrl+v for something new, you might see the old thing that you pasted. This is the same bug as the other thing, so just delete what you pasted (press the down arrow to clear the line) and do ctrl+v again. It is a good idea before you type something with a paste, to open chat, do ctrl+v, press down, then type what you want to type. If you want to copy something from your current line, press and hold shift and press the left or right arrow key until what you want is selected. Then, either press ctrl+c if you want to copy it, or Delete if you want to delete it. While shift-selecting, you can press ctrl at the same time to select by word instead of letter. If you want to re-say a line or copy from something you already said, press the up arrow to scroll through your chat history (what you have said) and copy/say as needed. There is currently no way to copy/paste from other people's chat.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

by Byakuren » Post

Minetest doesn't properly allow paste from X for non-ascii characters. It comes out as (for example) バナナ => \u30d0\u30ca\u30ca.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

So apparently this just happened :)

What began as a rudimentary formspec to copy text from chat turned into a fully-featured chat history viewer, including the ability to filter messages by player as well as by PM or shout, and even to search for specified phrases within the message text.

It's as simple as the command /chat or /chat [search_phrase]

To find all instances of "d*g", I used the asterisk which represents a wildcard character. Of course, I could combine that search phrase with the other filters for more specific matches, if needed.

Best of all, because the message buffer is completely server-side, it is possible to view and copy the chat history that occurred prior to logging in. And yes, it even stores offline PMs!

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Nicely done! Oddly I've been working on the same thing, but not as fancy. It's simply non filtered chat.
Yours seems more useful. :)

salahzar
GitHub: salahzar
IRC: salahzar

by salahzar » Post

is that @sorcerykid chat history or @exeterdad some publicly available mods I can find on github?

gpcf
GitHub: gpcf
In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Post

How about adding GNU readline support to the chat?

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

salahzar wrote:is that @sorcerykid chat history or @exeterdad some publicly available mods I can find on github?
I will see what I can do, but as it stands most of my mods take advantage of capabilities only available in my fork of the engine. If I find time, I can certainly see about releasing a limited version of the chat_history without the dependencies.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

I tried similar actions with chat (copy from/to chat a text, insert to the chat a text), but nothing worked... Really no it?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

sorcerykid wrote: What began as a rudimentary formspec to copy text from chat turned into a fully-featured chat history viewer, including the ability to filter messages by player as well as by PM or shout, and even to search for specified phrases within the message text.

It's as simple as the command /chat or /chat [search_phrase]
Oh, that sounds very fine! Hope that gets installed on all servers.
A list of my mods can be found here.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Thanks, I've found it to be quite addictive. The ability to review and search the entire chat history, and even copy/save it to the clipboard is very helpful for moderation. Whenever I join other servers, I tend to type /chat out of habit, only to be disappointed :D

A few improvements are already in the works including pagination (alleviates cursor-based scrolling), conversations (for message filtering by multiple users), and eventually translations (for embedded multilingual support).

michael314

Re: Copy, cut and insert in chat

by michael314 » Post

So I'm trying to use copy/paste to insert a batch of server commands to the WorldEdit mod in the chat window.

However, when I do this it seems to turn the newlines into some other kind of whitespace, interpreting all the lines as one long single line.

How do I paste multiple commands like this? I have tried various separators such as ";" without any success.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

michael314 wrote:So I'm trying to use copy/paste to insert a batch of server commands to the WorldEdit mod in the chat window.

However, when I do this it seems to turn the newlines into some other kind of whitespace, interpreting all the lines as one long single line.

How do I paste multiple commands like this? I have tried various separators such as ";" without any success.
Unfortunately you cannot run multiple commands at once like you could a in command prompt. You must do one command at a time.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

hajo

by hajo » Post

michael314 wrote:I'm trying to use copy/paste to insert a batch of server commands ..
in the chat window. How do I paste multiple commands like this?
It should be possible to use basic_robot_csm to cut a long line
into separate command, and feed them to the chat, one at a time.

But basic_robot_csm needs at least MT 0.4.16-dev to run.

michael314

by michael314 » Post

hajo wrote:
michael314 wrote:I'm trying to use copy/paste to insert a batch of server commands ..
in the chat window. How do I paste multiple commands like this?
It should be possible to use basic_robot_csm to cut a long line
into separate command, and feed them to the chat, one at a time.

But basic_robot_csm needs at least MT 0.4.16-dev to run.
Interesting, I'll take a look at that, thanks.

A couple of other ideas I was tossing around was some kind of macro player on the PC side to take the paste buffer and feed it to Minetest a line at a time (probably slow) or to make changes to the world editor to recognize something like a semi-colon as a separator.

In case you are wondering, what I'm trying to do is procedurally generate things like tunnels and underground rooms (where I call a function that specifies the extent and it generates separate commands for the excavation, each face and the edges). I would like to share the same code between Minetest and Minecraft so I could also make world edit commands (e.g. /fill) which match what Minecraft uses, otherwise my code that generates the commands will have to generate two different sets.