[Clientmod] Waypoints [waypoints]

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

[Clientmod] Waypoints [waypoints]

by Desour » Post

Waypoints

I will make it more useful when hud is added.
Now you can…
  • have/add/delete/edit (world specific, of course) waypoints with specific postition, name and color,
  • teleport to a waypoint,
  • run a chatcommand with the position of a waypoint and
  • toggle in settings if it shall look like the formspecs from default.
Use the "waypoints" chatcommand (".waypoints").

Depends: csm_worldname

Git repo: https://codeberg.org/Desour/csm-waypoints
Last edited by Desour on Mon Oct 16, 2023 21:47, edited 2 times in total.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: [Clientmod] Waypoints [waypoints]

by octacian » Post

I like the idea of this, in fact, I made something like it a while back that I haven't released. One thing I really dislike: The dependency. Please, write this in a way that it can either work alone or with the dependency. That'd make it much nicer to use :D
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

TalkLounge
GitHub: TalkLounge
In-game: TalkLounge

by TalkLounge » Post

Nice Idee, I like it. I will use that a lot, but why are there 2 dependencies? Could you combine into one?
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de

Desour
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

TalkLounge wrote:Nice Idee, I like it. I will use that a lot, but why are there 2 dependencies? Could you combine into one?
There's only one dependency, csm_worldname. That mod simply depends on another mod, csm_com. If it wouldn't depend on csm_com and did the same, there would be two instead of one message that come from the server at joining.

I could change csm_worldname so, that you can give custom worldnames if the server doesn't have csm_worldname, like it was at csm_worldstorage.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Great idea! Will try to get.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Desour

by Desour » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Image
You've got an old minetest version, add an s after …chat_message.
Edit: Also it says that the error occurred at csm_com, you should have written it there.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:Image
Edit: Also it says that the error occurred at csm_com, you should have written it there.
Ok. I have 0.4.16?

Desour

by Desour » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
DS-minetest wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
Ok. I have 0.4.16?
Yes, you have. But after 0.4.16, the function was renamed and since I use 0.4.16-dev, I use the new name eg. to test it, to use it myself and that I don't have to change it later.
I wrote:add an s after …chat_message.

Desour

by Desour » Post

Update:
It's now possible to automatically set waypoints at deathpoints.

lonestar

by lonestar » Post

I have this installed as well as dependencies and not sure how to use this. There is no menu item, nor do i see any commands that i could use. I'm using minetest 0.4.16-dev.

Desour

by Desour » Post

lonestar wrote:I have this installed as well as dependencies and not sure how to use this. There is no menu item, nor do i see any commands that i could use. I'm using minetest 0.4.16-dev.
Sorry, I forgot to mention, use the "waypoints" chatcommand (".waypoints").

lonestar

by lonestar » Post

Ok, when I issue the .waypoints command, I get "no worldname". Then when I issue .worldname, I get "no worldname".

Desour

by Desour » Post

lonestar wrote:Ok, when I issue the .waypoints command, I get "no worldname". Then when I issue .worldname, I get "no worldname".
That happens if the server hasn't installed csm_worldname.

lonestar

by lonestar » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
lonestar wrote:Ok, when I issue the .waypoints command, I get "no worldname". Then when I issue .worldname, I get "no worldname".
OK, so csm_worldname has to be in clientmods and mods or just in mods. I have it in both folders now and works like expected.

Desour

by Desour » Post

lonestar wrote:
DS-minetest wrote:
OK, so csm_worldname has to be in clientmods and mods or just in mods. I have it in both folders now and works like expected.
csm_worldname has to be in clientmods and mods.

Qbiq
In-game: Qbiq

by Qbiq » Post

I'm trying to get this to work locally and cannot, just to test it. I have csm_worldname in both mods and clientmods. The mod is enable and csm is set to true. Must I use 0.4.16-dev? Regardless of if csm_worldname mod is enabled or disable I get a pop-up to set the world name. Regardless if I do or don't set the worldname, running the .worldname command says no worldname. Any advice?

Desour

by Desour » Post

Qbiq wrote:I'm trying to get this to work locally and cannot, just to test it. I have csm_worldname in both mods and clientmods. The mod is enable and csm is set to true. Must I use 0.4.16-dev? Regardless of if csm_worldname mod is enabled or disable I get a pop-up to set the world name. Regardless if I do or don't set the worldname, running the .worldname command says no worldname. Any advice?
Client needs waypoints, csm_worldname (there's another mod from me called, I think, worldstorage, which works with pop-ups) and csm_com.
Server needs csm_worldname and csm_com.
I you have 0.4.16-dev you have to set the flavour limits from 3 to 1 or 0.
Maybe you need 0.4.16-dev because of the change of "register_on_receiving_chat_messages" to "register_on_receiving_chat_message". But you could also add "s"s.

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

Ok need this as an admin!
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

robins80

by robins80 » Post

What privs does one need to be able to see the full menu on the gui? I don't see the "add" button.

Desour

by Desour » Post

robins80 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 14:17
What privs does one need to be able to see the full menu on the gui? I don't see the "add" button.
Are you sure that this is the mod you are using?
This mod is old and doesn't even work anymore without some modifications (and some in the dependencies (which should use modchannels nowadays, and not the old csm_com)).
Anyway, the Add button should always be visible, I think.

robins80

by robins80 » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 20:53
robins80 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 14:17
Are you sure that this is the mod you are using?
This mod is old and doesn't even work anymore without some modifications (and some in the dependencies (which should use modchannels nowadays, and not the old csm_com)).
Anyway, the Add button should always be visible, I think.
You're right, I was using a different mod. Cheers.