ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

by redblade7 » Post

Hi,

After learning the lessons from my ill-fated server in March 2015, as well as the overuse of experimental mods with The Terrarium, with the help of the people at #minetest, I started a new server in the Terrarium's place, "THE CREATIVE GARDENS".

Name: THE CREATIVE GARDENS
IP: animine.org
Port: 53000

Web site: http://animine.org
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/hcNfrHq

The server is inspired by vitaminx's "FREE PIZZA SERVER", and very similar to my previous servers, but with a few differences:

* It is not a full mod, but instead uses various mods as addons.
* Creative Mode server
* There is no damage
* Uses plantlife, moretrees, tiny_trees, vines, and farming redo, resulting in massive amounts and types of flora and fauna.
* (Changed January 2017) The animals found in mobs redo are present. Most are non-violent, and you can kill them at any time for the associated rewards. The fish (not any other animals) from mobs_water are also present. Horses were added in December 2017.
* (Changed!) Heavy emphasis on "official" travelnets. These are the Commercial Turnpike (landmarks such as the TV station), the Rural Turnpike (smaller, less settled areas), and the Residential Turnpike (towns, estates, and users' homes). If I'm online, I can add your landmark, territory, or home to the Turnpikes.
* Protection from lava and fire
* Users may /spawn (into New Spawn Town), /teleport, /sethome, and /home
* (Changed January 2018) The full version of unified_inventory is used, providing a second home via the home buttons, as well as waypoints and armor (no pvp allowed).

A new spawn area (now called "Spawn Town 2017") was added in December 2017, replacing the February 2016 one ("Spawn Town 2016") which has since required players to walk a long way to find a place to build. In February 2020, "Spawn Town 2020" was created.

Rule #1: Be nice
Rule #2: No hacking
Rule #3: No griefing
Rule #4: No impersonation
Rule #5: No bugging
Rule #6: All language, content, activity, and creations must be politically correct and family friendly.
Rule #7: No recruiting for discussions outside of Minetest (IM, Skype, etc). Public IRC channels and public Discord servers are OK.
Rule #8: No sharing of passwords

Have fun and let me know what you think!
Last edited by redblade7 on Thu May 14, 2020 19:15, edited 33 times in total.
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE TERRARIUM" Server

by Sokomine » Post

redblade7 wrote: (New!) The mg mod was used to create numerous unsettled towns. You spawn in "Shady Town", where only the main "Shady Street" and its buildings are protected by the admin. Shady Town has already been slightly modified by users, there are many landmarks and homes surrounding it, and "Ghost Town" is unsettled (as of 10/13/2015).
My mg_villages mod is the more modern version of the villages in mg. It's based on that but extends the villages a lot. It even comes with some basic protection and a way to buy plots from villages (for a few ingots). Maybe that'd be of intrest to you. For multiplayer servers, a starting village type with only empty plots might be of intrest.

I'm not sure how well all those beautiful nature nodes and mods and tablet-friendlyness (the small version of unified_inventory) will go together.
A list of my mods can be found here.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Sokomine wrote: My mg_villages mod is the more modern version of the villages in mg. It's based on that but extends the villages a lot. It even comes with some basic protection and a way to buy plots from villages (for a few ingots). Maybe that'd be of intrest to you. For multiplayer servers, a starting village type with only empty plots might be of intrest.
I was unfamiliar with that mod, though in this case the original mg is better, as it generates ghost towns which users can destroy or modify, with the exceptions of admin-protected main streets and areas around street signs.

As for protection of towns, I did run into chaos due to a really nasty griefer, but with the help of the people on Freenode #minetest I was able to track down, rollback the edits, and ban the user.
Sokomine wrote:I'm not sure how well all those beautiful nature nodes and mods and tablet-friendlyness (the small version of unified_inventory) will go together.
Mobile users were timing out with unified_inventory, but a few days later I switched to unified_inventory_lite and there are a lot of mobile users now. Honestly I don't understand how anyone can play Minetest without WASD, Shift/C, and a mouse. (Some mobile users get stuck because they can't press Shift+C)
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

redblade7 wrote: Mobile users were timing out with unified_inventory, but a few days later I switched to unified_inventory_lite and there are a lot of mobile users now. Honestly I don't understand how anyone can play Minetest without WASD, Shift/C, and a mouse. (Some mobile users get stuck because they can't press Shift+C)
Moving around works quite well with the Android client. It's not as easy as with a keyboard but doable. Where my abilities end is actual building using a tablet. I either dig unvoluntarily (and thus revoke interact before I join with a mobile client) or can't get nodes placed where I want to. It's amazing that all those tablet users out there manage to get along!
A list of my mods can be found here.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

After a successful "Creative Month" I have now made THE TERRARIUM permanently a Creative Mode server.

HeavyTruth
GitHub: nonofyourbuisnees
IRC: PEWPEW
In-game: Bang

by HeavyTruth » Post

nice server
(:
TUP TU TA DI DIRP DERP TU TU TUT TUT TU TA DI DERP DERP :DD
LoL

HeavyTruth
GitHub: nonofyourbuisnees
IRC: PEWPEW
In-game: Bang

by HeavyTruth » Post

uh oh rule #7 no spamming xp
TUP TU TA DI DIRP DERP TU TU TUT TUT TU TA DI DERP DERP :DD
LoL

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

HeavyTruth wrote:uh oh rule #7 no spamming xp
"No spamming" is kinda vague in terms of advertising your own server or Web site.

I did have to add a rule: "No simulation of sexual acts", after I discovered two individuals I know from elsewhere were banned from a server for this.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

NOTE: If anyone was having problems crashing in certain areas of the map (namely people trying to help me build rides & condos at the Terrarium Winter Park & Timeshares, though possibly in other areas including a nearby unsettled village) the issue has now been fixed and you can help me expand the park now. Thank you!

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

NOTE: THE TERRARIUM is permanently down due to its irreversible dependence on crash-causing mods (namely mg and pipeworks). It will be replaced with another creative server within the next week.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

redblade7 wrote:NOTE: THE TERRARIUM is permanently down due to its irreversible dependence on crash-causing mods (namely mg and pipeworks). It will be replaced with another creative server within the next week.
And now, has been replaced. I, and hopefully you, will start rebuilding new stuff for THE CREATIVE GARDENS.

redblade7

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server (former "Terrari

by redblade7 » Post

Added "No sexual advances" to the rules list.

redblade7

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server (former "Terrari

by redblade7 » Post

The IP now has a Namecoin domain.

Namecoin: creativegardens.bit

If you are a Namecoin user, you can access these domains by manually entering them into the list.
As with the normal IP address, the port is 53000.
Last edited by redblade7 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 05:14, edited 3 times in total.

redblade7

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

by redblade7 » Post

(deleted - server back online)

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

The server's port has been moved to 53000. Because of this, if you already have THE CREATIVE GARDENS in your favorites, you will have to delete the favorite and re-connect from the server list.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

You can find some screenshots in these threads:

* Sewer System
* Vaporwave Mall

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Here is a nighttime fly view (note: no fly mode for users). The spawn area is northeast of the crosshair.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

The stairsplus nodes of the coloredwood mod have now been enabled.

The Creative Gardens (in its present form) celebrates its one-year anniversary next week (February 29, 2016-February 28, 2017).

Check out my new sandbox server, The Valleys!

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

More information on removal and phasing out of Nyancats on my servers: viewtopic.php?p=284092#p284092

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Letting everyone know that I am aware of the problem where everyone keeps getting booted and unable to connect for a minute or two, it's happening to me too and I'm taking a look.

EDIT 7/22/17: Problems should be fixed now. Thank you!

angelo1123_
IRC: angelo1123_
In-game: angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

There's a lot of media on this server I've been logging in for 4 minutes now
Mhk (mmm-kay) means okay.

angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

Yeah this server isn't for mobile users huh I keep crashing

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

angelo1123_ wrote:Yeah this server isn't for mobile users huh I keep crashing
Creative Gardens isn't mobile friendly, there are too many plants and trees (moretrees, plantlife, tiny_trees) as well as mesecons. This is why I don't allow fast privileges on this server, because lots of gigantic trees can load all at once and make things slow for everyone. For a slimmed-down server, try my sandbox server The Valleys.

angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

I would if I still played minetest xD

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

angelo1123_ wrote:I would if I still played minetest xD
Why don't you play anymore?