[Server] HOMETOWN

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by GreenXenith » Post

Kibbie wrote: Now, a word about jerseys....

Our infinitely creative GreenDimond made custom jerseys for the Admins and Moderators. They are *awesome* and we love them. The problem is, now most of our players love them too and I am getting jersey requests just as often as skin requests. (Yikes!) I don't think they were ever really intended for distribution, but GD gave BlueFireUn a Kibbie jersey and now everybody is saying "How come so-and-so gets a jersey and I don't??" (Double yikes!) It's pretty flattering, honestly...and hard to say "no," but we just can't give out entire jersey collections to all the players. The jerseys are certainly easier to give out than custom skins since they are already on the server, but the requests! Oh my aching head! (I hope that explanation makes sense?)

So here is my thought, I'm thinking maybe we can hold contests with jerseys for prizes. I'm going to have to consult with GreenDimond on this one, as he is the creator of the jerseys (and generally regarded as the "fun one" as well) so I need his yay or nay.
I vote 'yay'. I intended to only give them to people for a little bit, but then got overwhelmed with requests for them. I will be asking for them back :P
If you haven't seen the jerseys, they are inside the town hall. The only one missing is octacian's jersey, GreenDimond has created it, ExeterDad just needs to get it on the server. (Hence the empty stand)
D: Not just octacian, DrClaw too!
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

GreenDimond wrote:D: Not just octacian, DrClaw too!
Ugh, I'm a dummy. How did I forget about DrClaw? Sorry about that! My brain is mush after being on the server for about an hour today. I knew someone was missing. :O

I edited the original post. Nothing to see here.....

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

I meant to get those jerseys on the server, and some skins, and a bugfix, and something for GD, and a whole bunch of other things. Oh yeah... and join the server. But Kibbie sent me to bed. Apparently I got as far as opening my laptop before I fell asleep on the couch last night.

harmony
IRC: ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by harmony » Post

Kibbie wrote:
harmony wrote:Sorry I wasn't on yesterday... all the phones and internet went out. We couldn't even call 911 if we had to... it could've been worse though... they said it could have lasted until Friday... it happened in a lot of places. The towers went out or something
Yikes! So sorry to hear that! I'm glad it's resolved. :)

I was wondering where you were, I figured we lost you to LW's server, and I was prepared to fight LW to the death for you! HOMETOWN cannot be without our ynomrah! :D

/me slaps LW, and reminds him we love him too. <3
Awww and LOL
저는 방탄소년단 를 사랑해요!!! 아미!! 김남준,김석진,민윤기,정호석,박지민,김태형,전정국,방탄소년단!
저는 블랙핑크 를 사랑해요!!! 블링크!! 김지수,김제니,박채영,리사(ปราณ ปริ ยา มโน บาล)

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

This might be useful if it does what I think it does: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17543 Doesn't support 3d_armor yet sadly :/
When I get the time I'll figure out how to use that skin converter and join the 'skinning team' lol
Kibbie wrote:
harmony wrote:Sorry I wasn't on yesterday... all the phones and internet went out. We couldn't even call 911 if we had to... it could've been worse though... they said it could have lasted until Friday... it happened in a lot of places. The towers went out or something
Yikes! So sorry to hear that! I'm glad it's resolved. :)

I was wondering where you were, I figured we lost you to LW's server, and I was prepared to fight LW to the death for you! HOMETOWN cannot be without our ynomrah! :D

/me slaps LW, and reminds him we love him too. <3
Lol. No-mod servers are kinda fun because you have to improvise allot. I'm trying to get back on HT more though. I love you guys too xD
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:This might be useful if it does what I think it does: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17543 Doesn't support 3d_armor yet sadly :/
This supposedly supports 1.8 skins with additional overlay. Yes, it might be helpful, but we can get by for now.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

GreenDimond wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:This might be useful if it does what I think it does: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17543 Doesn't support 3d_armor yet sadly :/
This supposedly supports 1.8 skins with additional overlay. Yes, it might be helpful, but we can get by for now.
Yea ik it was jic ExeterDad missed it.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

ExeterDad wrote:I meant to get those jerseys on the server, and some skins, and a bugfix, and something for GD, and a whole bunch of other things. Oh yeah... and join the server. But Kibbie sent me to bed. Apparently I got as far as opening my laptop before I fell asleep on the couch last night.
Okay, here's the scoop. ExeterDad is sick, but he will never in a million years admit it. He's usually up until at least 1 am doing server related stuff and only gets (on average) 4 or 5 hours of sleep per night. Now it's catching up with him - he's sick and often falling asleep on the couch after dinner. That's why the new things have not been installed yet. So skins, mods, bug fixes, etc. are going to have to wait a while longer. If he isn't feeling up to it tonight, I will send him to bed again and I'm not sorry. :P

*flexes muscles*

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Sick of losing so much sleep to the server or actually sick sick?
Jk Hope you get better soon Exeter!

harmony

by harmony » Post

Hope you get better ExeterDad, my kitty is sick also, so I can't go camping... looks like I'm staying at Hometown.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Okay guys, I'm gonna miss ya'll. Especially you, supjk. I'm going to be gone to camp tomorrow. I might be able to get on some in the evenings, but idk.

MommyKat
In-game: MommyKat DrClaw AriaJade

by MommyKat » Post

Kibbie wrote:
ExeterDad wrote:I meant to get those jerseys on the server, and some skins, and a bugfix, and something for GD, and a whole bunch of other things. Oh yeah... and join the server. But Kibbie sent me to bed. Apparently I got as far as opening my laptop before I fell asleep on the couch last night.
Okay, here's the scoop. ExeterDad is sick, but he will never in a million years admit it. He's usually up until at least 1 am doing server related stuff and only gets (on average) 4 or 5 hours of sleep per night. Now it's catching up with him - he's sick and often falling asleep on the couch after dinner. That's why the new things have not been installed yet. So skins, mods, bug fixes, etc. are going to have to wait a while longer. If he isn't feeling up to it tonight, I will send him to bed again and I'm not sorry. :P

*flexes muscles*
Assuming he has no allergies...olive leaf, or oregano oil. Seriously, both of those have anti-viral properties. I take them when I have a cold and it keeps it from turning to bronchitis. (Which I used to get multiple times every winter)

Anywho, I've kinda been MIA for the last few days due to busy-ness. Donated plasma for the first time this morning. It was...weird. But lucrative.

A note about the laggyness...for those that know how, deleting your cache in your minetest folder, then reloading the media anew can help a bunch.
"If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead!" --Roger Rabbit

"Love feels a lot like tomatoes"-Candace Flynn

harmony

by harmony » Post

BBmine wrote:Okay guys, I'm gonna miss ya'll. Especially you, supjk. I'm going to be gone to camp tomorrow. I might be able to get on some in the evenings, but idk.
What?!?!?

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

harmony wrote:
BBmine wrote:Okay guys, I'm gonna miss ya'll. Especially you, supjk. I'm going to be gone to camp tomorrow. I might be able to get on some in the evenings, but idk.
What?!?!?
Yeah, lol. You didn't know that? I've known that for like a month, I'll be leaving soon for camping as well.
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

kiko_InND
In-game: kiko

by kiko_InND » Post

MommyKat wrote:
Kibbie wrote:

*flexes muscles*
Assuming he has no allergies...olive leaf, or oregano oil. Seriously, both of those have anti-viral properties. I take them when I have a cold and it keeps it from turning to bronchitis. (Which I used to get multiple times every winter)
I would suggest a good consistent quality tea tree oil like you can get from this online company (Am I allowed to recommend them?)
Spoiler
Copy and paste this into a browser: melaleuca.com
I use that to ward off illness when I am lacking in sleep. I apply topically to neck and behind ears since respiratory issues is what gets me the most.
Tell A Lie ONCE and all your truths become questionable

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I read somewhere not to eat too much sugar when you're sick.
I'll be on HT for a while today hopefully.

mitten
In-game: mitten Chantelle

by mitten » Post

Can this skin be added please :P
eyes Image
mitten

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:I read somewhere not to eat too much sugar when you're sick.
I'll be on HT for a while today hopefully.
Ironically, by choice, I eat zero sugar. I don't, or rarely even touch honey or maple sugar. And I never touch any kind sugar substitutes. I'm what's called a "clean eater". I don't eat any processed foods. No ingredients that contain any kind of preservatives or chemical names that can't be pronounced. I don't touch any flours, white rice or any other foods that have been stripped of their nutrients. And I never ever cheat or sample foods as my body is no longer used to dealing with those kinds of foods and I will become ill as if I was on a 3 day hangover.

I never get sick. Not even colds. I don't believe I've ever called in sick from work. In fact I've accrued nearly a month of sick time that never gets touched at my current job.

But now I've got some kind of little cold that has Kibbie all worried that I may be off to a early grave. lol
I'm fine. I'm just not used to "Man Flu."
Thank you to everyone that has wished me well.

I'll be back to my grumpy old ban happy self soon enough :P

mitten

by mitten » Post

Please may we have this skin added thank you!
eyes Image

AKA. Chantelle
mitten

harmony

by harmony » Post

mitten wrote:Please may we have this skin added thank you!
eyes Image

AKA. Chantelle
read about custom skins above

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

harmony wrote:
mitten wrote:Please may we have this skin added thank you!
eyes Image

AKA. Chantelle
read about custom skins above
Kibbie wrote:
  • 1. We must request players be regular players on HOMETOWN for at least 30 days before being eligible for a custom skin.

2. For now, custom skin requests must be sent to me via forum PM only, that way I can easily find your request and visit the link to the skin you want. The subject of your PM should read "SKIN REQUEST." If your forum name is different from your HOMETOWN name, please indicate who you are in-game (with exact capitalization and spelling).

3. The skin must be covered by creative commons licensing and not copyrighted, or must be your own creation.

4. Please allow up to 2 weeks for the skin to be converted (if necessary) and the necessary meta to be completed, and for installation on the server. It's not that it takes 2 weeks to accomplish those tasks, it's that it may take us 2 weeks to get to it. We gots a real life to live an' stuff. ;)

mitten

HOMETOWN

by mitten » Post

Hiya there,
I play on HOMETOWN as Chantelle. I really love the server and especially the English theme. HOMETOWN is specifically targeted for architecture as many of the players that build on the server build advanced designs. On the server there's lots to do and lots of new people to meet. I like to wander through the shops which may i say are very well built which for people who like role-play may like. I thought i would take a screenshot of around spawn to give you an insight into what it's like i would definitely recommend HOMETOWN as it's perfect for building and going mining but also great for just role-play and interacting come and check us out!
Thank you for reading!

Server owners: ExeterDad and Kibbie
Server admin: IOKA
Attachments
hometown.png
hometown.png (663.18 KiB) Viewed 804 times
mitten

harmony

by harmony » Post

Thank You LW

ExeterDad

Re: HOMETOWN

by ExeterDad » Post

Yeah mitten,
I/we really appreciate your very kind words. But Andrey01 is right. The "official" HOMETOWN thread is VERY active. In fact so active that it has been a concern to other forum members and staff.
I think if we have two threads going, it may be the last straw for us.
So in the future, at least until the offsite forum is ready, please post your HOMETOWN related posts there :)

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

I merged the posts from the other topic into this one (and deleted redundant ones).
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal