Client mod requests / ideas

red-001
Member
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 20:15
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by red-001 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 00:39

mini wrote:
red-001 wrote:I already ported the original ambience mod


Where can i download the port?

take a look at https://github.com/red-001/ambience or https://github.com/red-001/MinetestAmbience. Copy the files in /sounds to your soundpack. I'm not really happy with either. I tried to write an ambience mod designed for CSM but due to some strange issues I ran into I put that project on halt.
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: You wouldn't believe me
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by Lone_Wolf » Sat Jul 01, 2017 04:24

Could I have a CSM that shows how many nodes/punches a tool has left (Shown in description and/or/not in the name?
For example: Diamond sword [7] (About to break)
Maybe support for stu's 3d_armor mod also? Showing how many hits it has left before breaking?
 

User avatar
DS-minetest
Member
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:49
Location: in front of my pc (which is at home)
GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by DS-minetest » Sat Jul 01, 2017 09:02

Lone_Wolf wrote:Could I have a CSM that shows how many nodes/punches a tool has left (Shown in description and/or/not in the name?
For example: Diamond sword [7] (About to break)
Maybe support for stu's 3d_armor mod also? Showing how many hits it has left before breaking?

That's a good idea! But the information can only be shown in chat yet.
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.
 

User avatar
the_raven_262
Member
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 09:30
GitHub: theraven262
IRC: the_raven_262 Raven262 Corvus262 corvus
In-game: the_raven_262 Raven262 Nevermore

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by the_raven_262 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 09:41

Lone_Wolf wrote:Could I have a CSM that shows how many nodes/punches a tool has left (Shown in description and/or/not in the name?
For example: Diamond sword [7] (About to break)
Maybe support for stu's 3d_armor mod also? Showing how many hits it has left before breaking?

It can be done in an ordinary mod using an override.
[amber] [conjuration] [warzone] | Why is #minetest-mod-dev so empty?
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: You wouldn't believe me
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by Lone_Wolf » Sat Jul 01, 2017 13:55

Ok I'll ask the server admin and see if he'd like that too
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: You wouldn't believe me
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by Lone_Wolf » Fri Jul 07, 2017 21:54

Could someone make a clientmod that allows you to search for itemstrings? For example:
.search:mese
This cmd would print out a list of all itemstrings with the word: 'mese' in it.
This would be VERY useful for anyone with the 'give' priv who wants to get a special itemstring or something. Like In a server with jp's xdecor mod it took me FOREVER to find the itemstring for an enchanted sword xD (I was thinking I could make it sharper than 8% Guess you can't)
EDIT: It's possible to list the itemstrings from other mods right?
 

User avatar
TalkLounge
Member
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:42
Location: Germany
GitHub: TalkLounge
IRC: TalkLounge
In-game: TalkLounge

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by TalkLounge » Sat Jul 08, 2017 19:19

Could I have a CSM that shows how many nodes/punches a tool has left (Shown in description and/or/not in the name?
For example: Diamond sword [7] (About to break)
Maybe support for stu's 3d_armor mod also? Showing how many hits it has left before breaking?


You can´t do this because you didn´t get the wear of an item with the CSM api. :)

There is a chest_inspect CSM, how about a player inspect? So I can see what a player has on them.

You can´t get an other player inventory with the CSM api.
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: You wouldn't believe me
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by Lone_Wolf » Sat Jul 08, 2017 19:41

TalkLounge wrote:
Could I have a CSM that shows how many nodes/punches a tool has left (Shown in description and/or/not in the name?
For example: Diamond sword [7] (About to break)
Maybe support for stu's 3d_armor mod also? Showing how many hits it has left before breaking?


You can´t do this because you didn´t get the wear of an item with the CSM api. :)

What do you mean by: didn't get the wear of an item? The inspect CSM tells you the percentage of a tools' wear.
 

User avatar
TalkLounge
Member
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:42
Location: Germany
GitHub: TalkLounge
IRC: TalkLounge
In-game: TalkLounge

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by TalkLounge » Sat Jul 08, 2017 19:45

What do you mean by: didn't get the wear of an item? The inspect CSM tells you the percentage of a tools' wear.


Can you tell me the exact api, how to do this?
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: You wouldn't believe me
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by Lone_Wolf » Sat Jul 08, 2017 21:27

TalkLounge wrote:
What do you mean by: didn't get the wear of an item? The inspect CSM tells you the percentage of a tools' wear.


Can you tell me the exact api, how to do this?

Go look at the mod maybe? I'm not sure how they did it xD
 

User avatar
TalkLounge
Member
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:42
Location: Germany
GitHub: TalkLounge
IRC: TalkLounge
In-game: TalkLounge

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by TalkLounge » Sat Jul 08, 2017 21:29

Go look at the mod maybe? I'm not sure how they did it xD


What for an Mod? xd
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: You wouldn't believe me
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by Lone_Wolf » Sat Jul 08, 2017 22:11

TalkLounge wrote:
Go look at the mod maybe? I'm not sure how they did it xD


What for an Mod? xd

Client Side Mod
 

User avatar
TalkLounge
Member
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:42
Location: Germany
GitHub: TalkLounge
IRC: TalkLounge
In-game: TalkLounge

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by TalkLounge » Sat Jul 08, 2017 22:13

Yes, I have looked for the API. It isn´t doable.
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: You wouldn't believe me
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by Lone_Wolf » Sat Jul 08, 2017 22:22

TalkLounge wrote:Yes, I have looked for the API. It isn´t doable.

I knew that already xD
The inspect cmd is good enough for me and I've asked the admin of the server I frequent to make the change. Haven't got an answer yet but I know he read it xD
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: You wouldn't believe me
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by Lone_Wolf » Mon Jul 17, 2017 00:51

CSM requests
1. A clientmod that converts all foreign languages into english/your selected language (Example: .language english).

2. A clientmod that allows you to copy & select chat from the console window (f10).

3. This mod turned into a csm?
 

User avatar
bigfoot
Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 23:31
Location: Somewhere between polar bears and penguins.
GitHub: bigfoot547
IRC: bigfoot547 or bigfoot
In-game: bigfoot547 or bigfoot

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by bigfoot » Wed Jul 19, 2017 18:05

Lone_Wolf wrote:3. This mod turned into a csm?


That will be possible when #6067 is merged.
God's not dead, He's surely alive!
My Stuff | My User Page | Check out my website!
<bigfoot547> I major in existing. | <RedPanda246> Not every day is good, but there is good in every day.
Stay elusive ⓐⓝⓓ ⓣⓐⓛⓚ ⓘⓝ ⓒⓘⓡⓒⓛⓔⓢ!
 

User avatar
christoferlevich
Member
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 23:44
Location: Athol, Massachusetts
GitHub: ChristoferL

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by christoferlevich » Tue Jul 25, 2017 08:37

Though I've posted about this elsewhere, I would like to develop a client side mod that can call os.events - or - basically, I want to embed http links into signs and/or node (when punched) that will open the default browser of the computer and take the player to a specific site/page.

I want to do this to assist in creating a viable function for an educational version of Minetest. While educational software is always weighed down by requirements to be - well - educational... it is easier to run a student through a few paragraphs of text, followed by a quick quiz - all of which can be tracked with the right management (google suites for example) - give them a password for a locked door or chest - and return them to the game - then it is to build all that into a minetest mod...

What other uses could there be? Servers could link directly to forums for feedback... quest makers could incorporate story telling using other technologies like flash... and once its started, the possibilities are endless.

There may be security concerns - and they may be justified - but there's gotta be a way to make it all happen. :)
everything can be a learning experience...
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: You wouldn't believe me
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by Lone_Wolf » Tue Jul 25, 2017 15:29

christoferlevich wrote:Though I've posted about this elsewhere, I would like to develop a client side mod that can call os.events - or - basically, I want to embed http links into signs and/or node (when punched) that will open the default browser of the computer and take the player to a specific site/page.

I want to do this to assist in creating a viable function for an educational version of Minetest. While educational software is always weighed down by requirements to be - well - educational... it is easier to run a student through a few paragraphs of text, followed by a quick quiz - all of which can be tracked with the right management (google suites for example) - give them a password for a locked door or chest - and return them to the game - then it is to build all that into a minetest mod...

What other uses could there be? Servers could link directly to forums for feedback... quest makers could incorporate story telling using other technologies like flash... and once its started, the possibilities are endless.

There may be security concerns - and they may be justified - but there's gotta be a way to make it all happen. :)

Is that possible as a CSM? Or did I misread?
 

User avatar
lisacvuk
Member
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52
Location: Serbia, Užice
GitHub: lisacvuk
IRC: lisac
In-game: lisacvuk

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by lisacvuk » Tue Jul 25, 2017 15:45

Lone_Wolf wrote:
christoferlevich wrote:Though I've posted about this elsewhere, I would like to develop a client side mod that can call os.events - or - basically, I want to embed http links into signs and/or node (when punched) that will open the default browser of the computer and take the player to a specific site/page.

I want to do this to assist in creating a viable function for an educational version of Minetest. While educational software is always weighed down by requirements to be - well - educational... it is easier to run a student through a few paragraphs of text, followed by a quick quiz - all of which can be tracked with the right management (google suites for example) - give them a password for a locked door or chest - and return them to the game - then it is to build all that into a minetest mod...

What other uses could there be? Servers could link directly to forums for feedback... quest makers could incorporate story telling using other technologies like flash... and once its started, the possibilities are endless.

There may be security concerns - and they may be justified - but there's gotta be a way to make it all happen. :)

Is that possible as a CSM? Or did I misread?

It is not. Whole os module is blacklisted.
It's lisac, not lisa.
400 character limit? Am I writing a book?
Administrator on Craig's server. Minetest player.
"The enemy pales when they see the face of Dazzle!" ~ Dazzle obviously.
I live in Serbia.
Steam | OpenDOTA
My mods:
Tool ranks
I appreciate donations in TF2 items. :)
 

User avatar
christoferlevich
Member
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 23:44
Location: Athol, Massachusetts
GitHub: ChristoferL

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by christoferlevich » Tue Jul 25, 2017 15:58

I've heard it's impossible but maybe using something like this is pointing to a possible solution? [url]https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15161[url]
everything can be a learning experience...
 

User avatar
lisacvuk
Member
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52
Location: Serbia, Užice
GitHub: lisacvuk
IRC: lisac
In-game: lisacvuk

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by lisacvuk » Tue Jul 25, 2017 17:39

christoferlevich wrote:I've heard it's impossible but maybe using something like this is pointing to a possible solution? [url]https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15161[url]

I don't see how the two are related. That is a simple web portal connected to mod; it opens no webpages clientside.
It's lisac, not lisa.
400 character limit? Am I writing a book?
Administrator on Craig's server. Minetest player.
"The enemy pales when they see the face of Dazzle!" ~ Dazzle obviously.
I live in Serbia.
Steam | OpenDOTA
My mods:
Tool ranks
I appreciate donations in TF2 items. :)
 

User avatar
christoferlevich
Member
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 23:44
Location: Athol, Massachusetts
GitHub: ChristoferL

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by christoferlevich » Tue Jul 25, 2017 17:53

But if it has two way communication to a website I was thinking that might give me a clue. I am still very green at all of this.
everything can be a learning experience...
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: You wouldn't believe me
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by Lone_Wolf » Tue Jul 25, 2017 18:02

Minetest forums in game would be kinda cool actually...
 

hajo
Member
 
Posts: 594
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:45
Location: DE

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by hajo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 21:16

christoferlevich wrote:I want to embed http links into signs and/or node (when punched)
..
run a student through a few paragraphs of text, followed by a quick quiz ..
give them a password for a locked door or chest - and return them to the game
..
Servers could link directly to forums for feedback...

There is a wiki-mod, that allows ingame webpages (kind of - it supports only text).

To give/share/exchange private infos, use mailboxes (eg. from xdecor) and books / keys.

Also, there is a display-modpack that gives you posters to put longer texts on walls,
as well as roadsigns and ingame clocks.

Seen on the 'swiss' servers.
 

User avatar
lisacvuk
Member
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52
Location: Serbia, Užice
GitHub: lisacvuk
IRC: lisac
In-game: lisacvuk

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by lisacvuk » Wed Jul 26, 2017 00:33

There is a wiki-mod, that allows ingame webpages (kind of - it supports only text).

Those aren't webpages; they are simple text files. "A web page, or webpage, is a document that is suitable for the World Wide Web and web browsers.".
It's lisac, not lisa.
400 character limit? Am I writing a book?
Administrator on Craig's server. Minetest player.
"The enemy pales when they see the face of Dazzle!" ~ Dazzle obviously.
I live in Serbia.
Steam | OpenDOTA
My mods:
Tool ranks
I appreciate donations in TF2 items. :)
 

PreviousNext

Return to Client-side modding



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest