[Mod] MicroExpansion [0.2] [microexpansion]

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: [Mod] MicroExpansion [0.1] [microexpansion]

by octacian » Post

yawin wrote:What I was doing:
I rightclicked in the place to put an 4K Storage Cell with a full stack of memory cell.

Edit: The crash is when I put a memory cell in the place for memory cell in the chest.
octacian wrote: Now, for those of you who would like to try this out, see the OP. However, please note that ME currently requires that you have minetest-dev with this commit or a later one.
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

yawin
In-game: Yawin

by yawin » Post

Oh! Hahahaha, solved. Thanks!
dynamic_cast<Signature*>(me→signature)

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

+1 awesome mod!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

XtremeHacker
GitHub: MisterXtreme
IRC: MrXtreme
In-game: MrXtreme

by XtremeHacker » Post

Hi, I'll be working on a tech module for ME called "Futuristica" coming soon to a GitHub near you.™

It's going to be called "Futuristica" (feel free to suggest names), and will be an official module for ME, I've envisioned it as a [soon to be] polished alternative to Technic.
If you say that

Code: Select all

function.name_of_thing_to_do
is impossible, then you didn't try hard enough. :P

Mods I work on: MicroExpansion

yawin
In-game: Yawin

by yawin » Post

In "futuristic" module:
Error in line 5 -> groups = {cracky}=3, stone=1},

The correct line is -> groups = {cracky=3, stone=1},
dynamic_cast<Signature*>(me→signature)

XtremeHacker

by XtremeHacker » Post

Thanks for the PR, I'm still new to modding, so expect rough edges, your PR has been merged in the Futuristica branch. :)
If you say that

octacian

Re: [Mod] MicroExpansion [0.2] [microexpansion]

by octacian » Post

The first real release is here, v0.2! Yeah, it's not v0.1, but I always don't get the first version quite right. As this is the first release yet not really, I'll outline the feature more in depth below.

A single 8k ME storage drive is available, which when placed in the cell slot an ME chest allows you to store 8 thousand items in a single item. The chest has a search bar, to search for items in it, and all the items in the player inventory can be moved to the storage cell at the click of a button. Whenever items are added or removed from the cell, the description is updated showing the current number of items in the cell vs the max items.

Before trying v0.2, be sure to check the original post and make sure you have a build of MT-dev with the commit specified near the top or newer.

Anyways, enjoy!
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

octacian

by octacian » Post

Version 0.3 Snapshot:

This upcoming release hopes to introduce a basic power system with two generators and an electric furnace known as a "Super Smelter." It will also introduce two super-powerful tools: the In Xtremo Axe and Pickaxe as well as an ore called "Supernatet" which will be able to float (it looks very similar to diamond, but lighter in colour). Two smaller things are the machine casing (will be used in crafting most machines) and the Steel Infused Obsidian Ingot.
Attachments
ME-Snapshot.png
ME-Snapshot.png (610.17 KiB) Viewed 1893 times

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

by Byakuren » Post

It doesn't look like power networks are done yet, but based on the file names, is it right to say that ME power networks are going to be ticked by controller blocks like in Technic?
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

XtremeHacker

by XtremeHacker » Post

Yes, you are correct, we are hoping (we as in me :P) to add some cool functions to them to make them mre then a sitting block.
Also, be on the lookout for the stuff I add from random ideas (I get them a lot), think of me as the thinker. :)

Can't wait for 0.4! :D
If you say that

Gerhart.P

by Gerhart.P » Post

[quote="octacian"]Image
when is this mod work with minetest 0.4.15 please let me know

octacian

by octacian » Post

Gerhart.P wrote:when is this mod work with minetest 0.4.15 please let me know
The mod currently works on 0.4.15-dev. There are no plans to support 0.4.15-stable. Yes, this is an inconvenience for the users, but it makes the development of this mod far easier and allows us to create a better mod overall.

With this in mind, the only way to use this mod at the time is to use a version of Minetest compiled after February 3rd, 2017. When 0.4.16-stable is released, we will for a time anyway base ME off the stable release, but it is very likely that ME will use many new features as they are released and for that reason you may have to compile MT yourself as ME is updated.

Thanks for your interest!

XtremeHacker

by XtremeHacker » Post

Textures are being worked on, code tweaked, Blender rigging gone wrong, which means loads of cool stuff for the future (blender rigging will be fixed though), if you want to fix an un-seen bug, contribute some art, or just give some ideas, please do, we are excited to hear what you guys think. :D
If you say that

XtremeHacker

by XtremeHacker » Post

Well, not much progress on this lately, but we have been busy on a super-special-and-secret-project, coming sorta-soon to a GitHub release near you!TM
If you say that

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Please add these crafting recipies(depends on technic)

if(minetest.get_modpath("technic")~=nil) then
	minetest.register_craft({
		output = "microexpansion:cell_8k",
		recipe = {
			{"technic:doped_silicon_wafer", "technic:carbon_plate", "technic:doped_silicon_wafer"},
			{"microexpansion:steel_infused_obsidian_ingot", "technic:control_logic_unit", "microexpansion:steel_infused_obsidian_ingot"},
			{"technic:mv_transformer", "microexpansion:steel_infused_obsidian_ingot", "technic:mv_transformer"}
		}
	})
		output = "microexpansion:cell_16k",
		recipe = {
			{"technic:doped_silicon_wafer", "technic:carbon_plate", "technic:doped_silicon_wafer"},
			{"microexpansion:cell_8k", "technic:control_logic_unit", "microexpansion:cell_8k"},
			{"technic:mv_transformer", "microexpansion:cell_8k", "technic:mv_transformer"}
		}
	})
		output = "microexpansion:cell_32k",
		recipe = {
			{"microexpansion:cell_16k", "technic:control_logic_unit", "microexpansion:cell_16k"},
			{"technic:mv_transformer", "microexpansion:cell_16k", "technic:mv_transformer"}
		}
	})
		output = "microexpansion:cell_64k",
		recipe = {
			{"microexpansion:cell_32k", "technic:control_logic_unit", "microexpansion:cell_32k"},
			{"technic:mv_transformer", "microexpansion:cell_32k", "technic:mv_transformer"}
		}
	})
		output = "microexpansion:cable 2",
		recipe = {
			{"microexpansion:steel_infused_obsidian_ingot", "technic:red_energy_crystal", "microexpansion:steel_infused_obsidian_ingot", },
			{"technic:hv_cable", "technic:hv_cable", "technic:hv_cable", },
			{"microexpansion:steel_infused_obsidian_ingot", "technic:red_energy_crystal", "microexpansion:steel_infused_obsidian_ingot", }
		}
	})
		output = "microexpansion:ctrl",
		recipe = {
			{"technic:hv_battery_box0", "technic:blue_energy_crystal", "technic:hv_battery_box0", },
			{"technic:control_logic_unit", "microexpansion:machine_casing", "technic:control_logic_unit", },
			{"microexpansion:cable", "technic:control_logic_unit", "microexpansion:cable", }
		}
	})
me.register_item("machine_casing", {
  description = "Machine Casing",
  recipe = {
    { 1, {
        {"microexpansion:steel_infused_obsidian_ingot", "default:steel_ingot", "microexpansion:steel_infused_obsidian_ingot"},
    		{"default:steel_ingot", "technic:machine_casing", "default:steel_ingot"},
    		{"microexpansion:steel_infused_obsidian_ingot", "default:steel_ingot", "microexpansion:steel_infused_obsidian_ingot"},
      },
    },
  },
})
		output = "microexpansion:chest",
		recipe = {
			{"microexpansion:super_smelter", "technic:mithril_chest", "microexpansion:fuel_fired_generator", },
			{"microexpansion:cable", "microexpansion:machine_casing", "microexpansion:cable", },
			{"microexpansion:cable", "microexpansion:ctrl", "microexpansion:cable", }
		}
	})
end
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

-deleated
Last edited by TechNolaByte on Sun Dec 31, 2017 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

RSLRedstonier wrote:If you are willing I would love to help improve this amazing mod! You can contact me via PM or my email ducky@kellerville.com
The mod is on github which makes it very easy to contribute. If you don't know how, learn it.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

octacian

by octacian » Post

RSLRedstonier wrote:Please add these crafting recipies(depends on technic)
I'd prefer not to add technic recipes, as I'd like to keep this mod entirely separate from technic. In fact, one of the initial reasons I created this mod already without technic integration is because I don't really like technic itself for many reasons. With this in mind, I do plan on developing ME further in order to bring it to the point that it could entirely replace technic.
RSLRedstonier wrote:@octacian After looking over you code(and making a few modifications my self) I have determined that it is quite sloppy and could use much cleaning. I have many suggestions that would make it neater and easier to use for both players and programmers. Some of witch include crafting recipe's and better registry of items.
If you are willing I would love to help improve this amazing mod! You can contact me via PM or my email ducky@kellerville.com
As DS mentioned, the best way to contribute to this mod is via GitHub. If you aren't already familiar with Git and GitHub, I'd really suggest that you learn it, as it is essentially the most important thing to be familiar with if you'd like to contribute to any Minetest-related projects - or Minetest itself.

Regarding contributions, if you come up with any improvements or new features, I'd be happy to review them via a GitHub PR. However, just for reference, I am currently on vacation and definitely won't be back home until August 7th. While I'm still able to code quite a bit via my laptop, I can't check the forums or GitHub much due to having to rely on cellphone internet which isn't very reliable because I'm camping in the same general area as another 12,000 people.

Where exactly is the sloppy code you mentioned? I'm aware that the crafting registration system could do with improvement, but I remember the rest being at least reasonably good considering that this is one of my more recent projects, but maybe not. I'd be more that happy for improvements to the crafting registration system, although I'd like it to remain functional in the same basic way as it currently is (calling a single ME function to both register the node/item and crafting recipe at the same time).

Anyways, thanks for your interest!

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

octacian wrote:Where exactly is the sloppy code you mentioned?
Opps I apologize for any inconvenience but I just realized I was looking at a modified version (my friend was experimenting) and not your most recent version with is far better. But I still do not under stand why you have it split up into modules and folders, why not just 1 folder and several .lua files?
I personally find this unnecessary and annoying to work with.

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Can you possible add the sorting and auto sorting buttons from technic gold chests?
also there is a bug where you cant shift click anything out of a search

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

I noticed under ores module supernatant was stated to be used in the future for wings of flight?
I actually created 3d_armor wings of flight that grant the player flight perms while they are wearing them
for my skytest mod feel free use them if you want

burli

by burli » Post

Neat. Wait for updates

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

is it possible to have pipeworks be able to interact with the storage chest or drives in some other block/machine?

stormwolf6720

by stormwolf6720 » Post

when i try to to start the mod it tells me this: Failed to load and run script from C:\Users\genew\Downloads\minetest-0.4.16-win64\bin\..\mods\mircoexpandsion\init.lua| skip skip its the same thing..| init.lua:18: attempt to concatenate local 'modpath' (a nil value) stack traceback:| skip skip same thing..| \init.lu:18: in main chunk Check debug.txt for details.
i had to write this word for word so cut me some slack)
is it something i have?

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

stormwolf6720 wrote:when i try to to start the mod it tells me this: Failed to load and run script from C:\Users\genew\Downloads\minetest-0.4.16-win64\bin\..\mods\mircoexpandsion\init.lua| skip skip its the same thing..| init.lua:18: attempt to concatenate local 'modpath' (a nil value) stack traceback:| skip skip same thing..| \init.lu:18: in main chunk Check debug.txt for details.
i had to write this word for word so cut me some slack)
is it something i have?
Unless this was a typographical error, correcting the folder name may fix your issue.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.