[Server] Beerarchy (Unmoderated, Anarchy, PVP, Survival)

Your favorite mob

Poll ended at Mon Jul 17, 2017 08:58

Old Skool Oerki
20%
Damn You Dungeon Master!!
20%
Those Pesky Little Golems -_-
No votes
Dragons Obviously, You Fool!!
40%
Greif the Great Greifer
20%

Total votes: 5

Beerholder
GitHub: evrooije
In-game: Beerholder

Re: [Server] Beerarchy (Unmoderated, Anarchy, PVP, Survival)

by Beerholder » Post

Most def gonna check that mod, I was looking for something like that and then decided building my own ranking system, but it does not count PvP kills so this should be perfect. Going to download it now on my local test server and if it does not crash I will push to the repo and pull to the main server! Thanks for the heads up and will keep you and y.st. posted!

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Thank you Beerholder
A Wonderful World

therektafire
In-game: therektafire

by therektafire » Post

Personally I'm not too big of a fan of the protection, I mean yeah it sucks to lose a big base you spent a long time working on but you should expect that kind of thing on a server like this. Also it makes gameplay more boring imo, like what are you supposed to do after you build your big indestructible base? Just run around trying to find people to kill? If there isn't any protection there are more reasons to play because you always need to check up to see if your base is ok and if the coords get leaked or someone finds it and destroys it then you need to start fresh (if you don't have a backup stash somewhere) which adds to the replayability, also if you know who did it then you can plot a plan to enact revenge which gives you yet another reason :) All in all i don't think protection really adds anything to the game other than better base/monument preservation, and in fact i think it subtracts from it in a way

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

firefox wrote:i am totally unable to join the server =(>.<)=

at first, there is a very long loading time and then it just goes back to the server list without warning.
no error message either.
then the server has the star mark, so it is registered in my "favourites" list, but i still can't login.
the loading screen says "resolving address" and then "connection timed out".
nyeee.... =(-.-)=
I have had this same problem. I guess this is greater than 30 megs download. I want to play too
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

therektafire wrote:Personally I'm not too big of a fan of the protection, I mean yeah it sucks to lose a big base you spent a long time working on but you should expect that kind of thing on a server like this. Also it makes gameplay more boring imo, like what are you supposed to do after you build your big indestructible base? Just run around trying to find people to kill? If there isn't any protection there are more reasons to play because you always need to check up to see if your base is ok and if the coords get leaked or someone finds it and destroys it then you need to start fresh (if you don't have a backup stash somewhere) which adds to the replayability, also if you know who did it then you can plot a plan to enact revenge which gives you yet another reason :) All in all i don't think protection really adds anything to the game other than better base/monument preservation, and in fact i think it subtracts from it in a way
Get rid of protection. Pussies need it, not the hardcore. ;-)
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

maikerumine wrote:
firefox wrote:i am totally unable to join the server =(>.<)=

at first, there is a very long loading time and then it just goes back to the server list without warning.
no error message either.
then the server has the star mark, so it is registered in my "favourites" list, but i still can't login.
the loading screen says "resolving address" and then "connection timed out".
nyeee.... =(-.-)=
I have had this same problem. I guess this is greater than 30 megs download. I want to play too
I tried to check with a daily build and see what it said in the log, but alas that build required a libstdc++ version which I do not have on my Debian 8 Jessie -_- (so I'd have to compile it myself anyways, but the one I compiled does work). It might be better to assume the big download is taking too long and causing the timeout though I cannot be sure :((

What I'll do is remove the music for now as that is the bulk of the download I guess, really hope that will solve the problem. Server will lose some of its atmosphere but guess that is better than people unable to connect (or me pushing the problem to the players by requiring updates to timeouts in the minetest.conf -_-)

Will update this afternoon (15:00 CET) and restart the server! Can you then try again later? Thanks!!!

Regarding protection, I am (and have been from the start) in two minds about that .... True anarchy should not have protection, I will talk to some of the players in the server chat about it :)

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Music removed :-(((( server restarted :), hope this solves it .... :D

When there is still a connection issue, can you change the minetest.conf to do verbose logging? Can be done via Settings tab -> Advanced Settings -> Client and Server -> Debug log level and set it to verbose or via your minetest.conf, and set debug_log_level = verbose

The logging should be written to debug.txt in the folder where Minetest binary is installed. This way, if there is still an issue, please post the debug log in this topic and I will have a look/ might be able to find out what exactly it is that is causing these timeouts -_-

Thanks!!

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Server seems to be a lot faster now that the music is removed... And with a lot I really mean *a lot*! So this "huge" amount of media seems to have been problematic for the client at login. But whether that solves the problem, I don't know, but really hope it does. If people who had timeouts before could try again, much appreciated! :)

Builder ranking has been fixed (wrong table lookup) so placing nodes will now properly increase the builder rank. Please be aware that not all nodes count so don't bother placing useless nodes to increase your rank.

Major change is that protectors and locked chests are now no longer craftable nor are protector logos given when leveling up. The locked chest node and the protector mod are still there as a sort of a gift to the early birds on the server (gratitude for their feedback and testing), but it has been removed from the digtron constructor. Instead of getting a protection logo when leveling up, you will get a mithril ingot (for now).

I really hope the timeout issue is resolved now, I was actually able to login using a mobile client over 4G (after login it crapped out though due to insufficient memory/ storage, so mobile at your own risk I will not fix that). And I was able to login using the official Windows 0.4.16 build from minetest.net with my Windows laptop at work connected to a 4G hotspot (gotta love those corporate firewalls -_-). Did not get a chance to test the MSVC/ MinGW builds.

If it still doesn't work do let me know and maybe try to attach a verbose debug.txt if you can! :)

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

There were major lag issues. A 2k map emerge and changing database save interval to 90 seems to have solved the issue with lag. For those who would like to know, there was a lot of IO waits happening. CPU completely idle but high load and 20% IO wait. This now dropped to zero with just a few spikes here and there to 3%.

RWЯ
GitHub: DreamCrusher
IRC: DabbetulArz
In-game: Hood

by RWЯ » Post

Beerholder wrote:There were major lag issues. A 2k map emerge and changing database save interval to 90 seems to have solved the issue with lag. For those who would like to know, there was a lot of IO waits happening. CPU completely idle but high load and 20% IO wait. This now dropped to zero with just a few spikes here and there to 3%.
Well lag is fixed
Thx :)
-Unknow
If I feel it then I do it (I don’t need a reason why)

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Some minor issues left. Seems a bounds check on mod throwing crashes the server so will fix that today by adding a bounds check in the Lua code. See also https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5135. That only happens every now and then (twice last night). Otherwise it seems stable. In any case, if it crashes just reconnect as the server auto restarts straight away.

UPDATE:
  • Added bounds check so next server restart/ crash the above problem should be solved
  • Added a cool down period (reload time if you will) to the throwing mod (bows). Inferior bows and arrows have longer reload times, better ones shoot faster. In any case, no more spam clicking shooting arrows, although the combination mithril bow/ mithril arrows is still very fast!

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Updated Chat System

A major redo of the chat system has been implemented, with support for channels, muting (including SatanicBibleBot yes ;-), private message shortcuts and distance based whispering to nearby players. Check it out and have a look at the in-game /help for the commands, but here a bit of an explanation/ some documentation on how it works, and the commands and shortcuts you can use:

Channel Management
Channels are like chat rooms. Messages in channels are only sent to the members of that channel. They can be made private by password protecting it and a color to differentiate from the main chat. Channel management is done via chat commands. Parameters to these commands are comma separated. To create a channel, use the /create_channel or /cc command and supply channel name, optional password and optional color (defaults to white). Channels can be deleted via /delete_channel or /dc and this can only be done by the channel owner. The owner does not need to supply the channel's password to delete the channel. The /my_channels or /mc command shows the channels you are owner/ member of in json format. Some channel management examples below:

Code: Select all

/create_channel my super secret room,mysecretpass01,#00ffff
/create_channel my public room
/create_channel my red colored room without password,,#ff0000
/delete_channel my super secret room
To join a channel use the /join_channel or /jc command which takes the channel name and optionally a password. To leave a channel do /leave_channel or /lc and supply the channel name. If you are the owner of a channel, you can send an invite to a player using the /invite_channel or /ic command which will then send the channel name and password to the invited player.

/jc someone else's channel,pass01
/lc channel i got bored with
/ic my private room,NicePlayer01
Channel Chats
When you chat normally, everything is written to the channel called main. Chats to main are prefixed with |#main| and given the default main channel color white. In order to write to a specific channel you have joined, start your chat with a #, then the channel name and then a colon. Messages sent this way will only be seen by the other members of the channel (unless someone has muted the sender, see also muting below). If you want to send another message to the same channel you can start it with just the # (without channel name):

#my channel: This will be sent to my channel
# This will also be sent to my channel as that was the last one used
#jokes In this case a colon is not needed as there is no space in the channel name
# We have now switched to the jokes channel so this will be sent there
These "hash chats" are prefixed with |#channel name| and appear in the color of that particular channel as specified during channel creation (or default white if no color was supplied at that time).

NOTE: You can leave the main channel! So if things are getting spammy, besides muting people (see below) you can leave the main channel and just chat in the other channels you are a member of.

Muting Players
To mute a player, just do /mute or /ignore player name. Unmuting is done via /unmute or /unignore player name. E.g.:

/mute Griefer666
/unmute NicePlayerAfterAll
You can also mute the SatanicBibleBot, so if chat is being spammed by it or you do not appreciate the wisdom it spams, just do /mute SatanicBibleBot or /ignore SatanicBibleBot and you are done.

Private Messages
You can send private messages the old way using /msg but there is now a shorthand as well using the @ sign (like the at chat mod, code was inspired by this mod). To at chat a PM, just supply the user name or comma separated names you want to send the PM to. If you start the message with just @ without supplying player names, it will send the message to the last user(s) you sent a PM to, e.g.:

@JohnDoe How's life?
@JohnDoe,MaryJane Shall we have a party at spawn >8-)))
@ Hey John, Mary, I will be at spawn in 5 minutes ok?
Whispering
You can whisper by starting your message with the $ sign. Only players within a range of 32 blocks will then be able to see your chat (which happens to be the same maximum range of seeing other players). The dollar chat will be sent to the main channel in a grey color. If you want to dollar chat with a larger or shorter range, you can supply the radius straight after the dollar. The maximum radius is (for now) 200 blocks (or you might just start using normal chat or use channels if you don't want others to hear you). Whispering is just there so that when used, chats from nearby players are colored differently (light grey) and can be more easily distinguished from the chat of players further away. The below dollar chats whisper the message to 16, 32 and 64 nodes respectively.

$16 Can you hear me major Tom
$ Can you hear me now, major Tom?
$64 Can you heeeeeeeeeere I am floating round my tin can
Source Code
If you are actually interested in this chat system, why not have a look at: https://github.com/evrooije/beerarchy/b ... t/init.lua

Be warned, the code is not pretty and will need quite some refactoring and it would be nicer if it actually supplied an API, but oh well it was hacked together in 2-3 days. Also, it requires Minetest 0.4.16 as it uses both mod storage and player attributes to keep track of the channels and muted players. Otherwise, the code *should* work pretty much out of the box. Have fun and let me know in case of issues!

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

UPDATES:
  • Fixed kittens, they will now properly follow the fishing mod's fish instead of the mobs_fish/ ethereal ones
  • Fixed unknown node in treasure chests via trm_farming (farming:mithril_hoe should be moreores:mithril_hoe) and added alias in case more of these unknown items have spawned
  • New sounds for the transporter, GPS and chats
  • Updates to the chat system (beerchat) to query channel information, you can utter to yourself, sounds on channel management and an override of /msg to use beerchat PMs instead of normal PM (so that PMs can be muted as well)
  • Player out of bounds fix (when player is at inf way outside the map), replaces player to last position or to bed if need be
  • Fixed skybox and snowdrift. Now when in thin air or in space, you will no longer have rain or snow. Also, when below ground, snowdrift is no longer allowed to set the skybox so that you will not have grey below ground but only black
Also, I may want to spinoff the 00_bt_beerchat mod into [mod]Beerchat[beerchat] so that other servers can use it if they want, so stay tuned in the Mod Releases forum :)

Plus some screenies! One of the Gods on this server:

And a screenie of the God with almighty ADMIN:

Attachments
screenshot_20170704_003301.png
screenshot_20170704_003301.png (145.5 KiB) Viewed 723 times
screenshot_20170704_003531.png
screenshot_20170704_003531.png (190.82 KiB) Viewed 723 times

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

i miss this server :( , so thats why next time im on MT ill join :D
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Stix

by Stix » Post

ok, i tried, but for some reson the computer i use now has problems trying to connect to your server when it was just fine before. did you recently add something SUPER heavy to the server or something?

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Stix wrote:ok, i tried, but for some reson the computer i use now has problems trying to connect to your server when it was just fine before. did you recently add something SUPER heavy to the server or something?
I did try to add the music again hoping the tuning of the server solved the issue. I also trimmed it quite a bit (some big audio files removed). If there are still issues connecting, I will remove the music definitely ...

UPDATE: Removed the music, restarted the server. If problems (or any other problems) still persist, let me know! And thanks for pointing this out :)

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

A ton of changes since the server has launched. Have not posted an update in a while, so here goes:
Spoiler
  • Additional ranks and XP ranks above God (yes, e.g. the Titans created the Olympian gods, but who created the Titans...?)
  • Extra underworlds, and a new one is under construction as we speak
  • Added a few more mobs, and hard mobs mod from duane to make them more difficult further away from spawn
  • The hot brass/ iron in the brass underworld that makes you run without tiring can be mined and used above ground now (or anywhere else in the world for that matter)
  • Revamped chat system "beerchat" allowing for secret communication using channels, muting, chat coloring, switching your main chat channel, whispering and a couple of handy chat shortcuts
  • The brand new 3D painted armor mod in conjunction with both the painting mod and the banners mod
  • Arrow reload rate with better bows and arrows shooting faster than wood bow/ stone arrow. Added TNT arrows(!!) and the almighty rainbow arrow a.k.a. Nyan Arrow to help players with the extra hard mobs and underworlds
  • Obsidian as a super strong block can no longer explode
  • Fixed hemp! Finally! Roll your doobies :D
  • Leveling up unlocks crafts and grants certain gifts. E.g. you need to level up before you can craft more powerful weapons, machines, armor, etc.
Spoiler
  • Tweaked mob spawn rates
  • Some underworlds did not have mobs making them too easy, so these have been added
  • Better integration between mods, e.g. taming using the correct items, no longer rain in space, arrows now add to the hunter ranking as well by keeping track of who owns the arrow, underworlds water can now be scooped and special buckets with correct water color, etc.
  • Fixed friendly golem and some other unknown nodes/ entities
  • When killed, only the armor is lost but not the armor banner, so if you spent a lot of time on a super cool banner, you will not lose it when you die
  • Lots of fixes in the ranking system such as crashes, rank overflows, rankings not increasing properly, etc.
  • Music disabled now, for good. Some new sound effects, e.g. Star Trek TOS teleporter sounds for travelnet, new golem sound, and some tweaks in the gain (teleporter sound was ear deafening -_-)
  • Rain forest now grows in the floatlands
  • Fun tools (flare gun, jack hammer) now last longer
More updates and improvements to be rolled out in the coming period :)
Spoiler
  • CAMc has been seen in space and in hell, nobody can keep up
  • botumin has been sleeping continuously for the past month and still managed to build a digtron
  • A basic road system is now in place and there are now some farms near spawn
  • The first penis banner has been sighted, from a clan supposedly named the "Penile Paladins"
  • Not a lot of players on the server unfortunately except for the few regulars, so bring your friends and bring your griefs, drink and be merry :)
  • The ever elusive melon has not yet been found -_- He who controls the melon controls the universe

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

And another update! I modified unified inventory so that you can now have 6(!) bags, surely needed on your travels to the underworld and to carry all that loot. Also a completely new dragon underworld (still WIP), new mobs and a new weapon which will surely come in handy when fighting the demons in the underworlds!

Presenting to you, the MTG9000 rapid fire heavy crossbow Mk II, the fastest bow on the server allowing you shoot 5 projectiles of any kind per second. Available in an advanced constructor near you! Meaning you can only craft it when you leveled up enough to unlock the advanced constructor craft (XP level "Elder"):

The result of its use with TNT arrows:

Attachments
screenshot_20170813_152426.png
screenshot_20170813_152426.png (572.36 KiB) Viewed 723 times
screenshot_20170813_152324.png
screenshot_20170813_152324.png (167.71 KiB) Viewed 723 times

RealGoldenHart
GitHub: GoldenHart
IRC: GoldenHart
In-game: GoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Post

Server is fun...needs more players though :/
K. I'm bored with signatures.

Stix

by Stix » Post

What bow mod have you modified for use on this server?

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

RealGoldenHart wrote:Server is fun...needs more players though :/
Yeah, it is a bit quiet :( Hope more people will join, specifically more experienced players looking for a challenge ... Thanks for visiting though :D
Stix wrote:What bow mod have you modified for use on this server?
It is the [throwing] mod by PilzAdam (https://github.com/PilzAdam/throwing)

Some minor updates:
  • Fixed the distance ranking loophole. When using travelnets to travel long distances, this is no longer calculated/ added to the rank. The upside is that it does calculate the distance between last position and current position at regular intervals so that if you e.g. do a spawnpedition from your base far away and walk to spawn, this is now calculated as distance traveled (as, in all honesty, it actually is)
  • Increased the wield scale of the MTG9000 MineTest Gun 9000 Rapid Fire Heavy Crossbow Mk II so it looks more awesome! XD I will also look to see if I can increase the wieldview scale so that 3rd person view also shows the larger size of the wielded item

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

We're gonna need a stronger castle...
A Wonderful World

You
GitHub: Me
IRC: Me
In-game: You

by You » Post

Here is photo for banner.
-Unknow
Attachments
minecraft_banner_18C8C1i131j1m1w1x.png
minecraft_banner_18C8C1i131j1m1w1x.png (1.18 KiB) Viewed 723 times
Who's Soulja boy?

Yuuuuuu

Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Thanks! I'll give this a go tomorrow :) Nice banner btw :D

P.s. did a restart with and update to fix the ranking issue where you keep getting to Titan and then back to God again. Should be fixed now, let me know here or in-game if it works properly or still has issues.

Oh, and on another note, Cash's World Feline Overlords have landed too. Cats are now super powerful, extremely fast and shoot their "laser eyes". Punch them, and you will surely die. Tame them (tons and tons and tons of fish) and you will have a powerful ally. I tried an army of them against some of those rocket firing cyberdemons. The latter stood no chance XD

You
GitHub: Me
IRC: Me
In-game: You

by You » Post

Beerholder wrote:Thanks! I'll give this a go tomorrow :) Nice banner btw :D

P.s. did a restart with and update to fix the ranking issue where you keep getting to Titan and then back to God again. Should be fixed now, let me know here or in-game if it works properly or still has issues.

Oh, and on another note, Cash's World Feline Overlords have landed too. Cats are now super powerful, extremely fast and shoot their "laser eyes". Punch them, and you will surely die. Tame them (tons and tons and tons of fish) and you will have a powerful ally. I tried an army of them against some of those rocket firing cyberdemons. The latter stood no chance XD
Cats will evole and destroy Earth !!! You made monsters.
Attachments
cat-lasers.jpg
cat-lasers.jpg (97.24 KiB) Viewed 723 times
Who's Soulja boy?

Yuuuuuu