by snowflake » Post

NICE! cheapie your the best modder...

cheapie
GitHub: cheapie
IRC: cheapie
In-game: cheapie

Re: [Mod][RELAUNCH+POLL] StreetsMod [1.5] – create modern ci

by cheapie » Post

snowflake wrote:NICE! cheapie your the best modder...
Not all of that stuff in that post was stuff I made (to be a bit more specific, the bollards were made by webdesigner97 and improved by me, then by Thomas--S, the sign artwork in the pictures was made by the US Federal Highway Administration, etc...)

The post was mainly intended to show the progress that has been made so far.

Instant
GitHub: Instantaneously
In-game: Instant

by Instant » Post

We also need street signs... Like the ones players can edit... We also need a nice sidewalk... I don't really like looking at Technic's Concrete. Just suggestions :) Also Cheapie... cool signs and streets :D

ParaklataChotou
GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

by ParaklataChotou » Post

THANK YOU. THIS MOD WORKS SO GOOD. KEEP DOING TEAMWORK BUILDING THESE MODS. IT'S SIMPLY AMAZING.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

Enkidu
In-game: Enkidu

by Enkidu » Post

Using the Asphalt Workshop appears to have moved on since the dev blog entry, so here's how the version that I retrieved works.

1) Craft the Asphalt Workshop - recipe is 8 Asphalt round the outside, mese shard in the middle.
2) Open the Workshop by right click.
3) Load enough white or yellow dye into it on the left.
4) Move the pattern that you want to the "template" slot at the right.
5) Move a Steel Ingot to the left slot.
6) Watch it make the tool.
7) Move the tool to your inventory at the bottom.

This creates a tool in your inventory. You need to lay some (blank) asphalt, then you can "paint" it with the tool.

Cliff

Thomas-S
GitHub: Thomas--S
IRC: Thomas-S
In-game: Thomas-S

Re: [Mod] StreetsMod [1.5] – create modern cities

by Thomas-S » Post

The Streets 2.0 Mod is now released. Please check the first post for more information.

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

Re: [Mod] StreetsMod [2.0.1] – create modern cities

by v-rob » Post

EDIT: never mind about this post.
Last edited by v-rob on Tue Mar 21, 2017 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

Where is the yellow asphalt in the screenshots? Also, how do you control the traffic lights? I can only find the website for the old ones.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Hi,

first: thanks a lot for this mod!!!

I have one problem: in the old "streets 1.n" version I found all the asphalt horizontal signs in the inventory (Image 3) , but with this version I don't find nothing (images 1,2). What I wrong?

and....

I see that some users hawe some different vertical signals... How can I do them? I do not know how to use this mod ...

Thanks again,

R

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Post

You need to use the asphalt workshop to create those blocks. But I don't know how it works.

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

Codesound wrote:Hi,

first: thanks a lot for this mod!!!

I have one problem: in the old "streets 1.n" version I found all the asphalt horizontal signs in the inventory (Image 3) , but with this version I don't find nothing (images 1,2). What I wrong?

*Snip*

and....

I see that some users hawe some different vertical signals... How can I do them? I do not know how to use this mod ...

Thanks again,

R
The horizontal road markings are made in the asphalt workshop by inserting dye (yellow or white). (Notice that there is another tab in the asphalt workshop that you can't see [the "Other" tab], just so you know.)

Place road markings on asphalt and they automatically connect to the asphalt. Dig the asphalt to remove the marking. Each marking is a tool that you can use about 30 times. You don't need one for every block. Be careful, though. Dig one out and you don't get it back.

If you place a road marking on a moreblocks slope (the only way to get a slope or stair at the moment) the marking will only go in one direction, no matter which way you face. You have to click the rotate buttons in the asphalt workshop to get different ones for the slopes.

The vertical signs are made in the signs workshop, similar to how you create road markings in the asphalt workshop. You use dye and a sign back to create then, I believe.

If you place a sign on any of the concrete poles, it automatically attaches to them.

I noticed that you don't have yellow asphalt in your inventory. You have to uncomment it out in the streets_roadsurface init.lua.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

@BirgitLachner and @v-rob

thanks!!!

One of the things that make Minetest beautiful and great is the sopport by users. Frequently I post simply questions about mods (why I don't understand how these works), and frequently I receive precious support by user or developer.

Thanks again!

R

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

The users seem to be faster ^^

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

The mod is really amazing ... to may cool features.

But ... I can't find the trafific light. I searched to light, traffic, street, ...

Once again, really great mod. We are building a PVP-game and want to call it Sky-Battle, a mixture between Bedwars and Skywars mey be ... Our first map has the theme "City" and therefore the Mod is usefull.

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

BirgitLachner wrote:The mod is really amazing ... to may cool features.

But ... I can't find the trafific light. I searched to light, traffic, street, ...

Once again, really great mod. We are building a PVP-game and want to call it Sky-Battle, a mixture between Bedwars and Skywars mey be ... Our first map has the theme "City" and therefore the Mod is usefull.
The traffic lights require digilines to work and appear in-game. Don't ask me how to use them, though. I'm completely clueless, and no one will answer me when I ask.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

maybe because noone who's seen you post knows? (idk how to use digilines either)
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

You might find the Luacontroller's documentation useful :)

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:You might find the Luacontroller's documentation useful :)
I've read that. But what message do I send through it?

And now streetsmod decides to breaks down on me. I just started a new world with streetsmod on it. I just get into the world and Minetest breaks down. No error message except Windows saying that "minetest.exe has shut down. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem," which is totally useless.

Test 2: New world, no other mods, same problem.

Test 3: I just tried it again, and I get:

Code: Select all

2017-08-05 14:27:48: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: OOM error from mod 'default' in callback environment_Step(): not enough memory
2017-08-05 14:27:48: ERROR[Main]: Current Lua memory usage: 5 MB
2017-08-05 14:27:48: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
I don't see why it would take up 5 MB. I was in the world about 8 seconds and didn't move at all.

Test 4: Another test, and I get the Windows error message again.

Test 5: I get the "not enough memory" error again.

The first four tests were different worlds, and the fifth was on the same world as the fourth test.

Each test crashed about 3-15 seconds after entering the world.

Everything works except when I have streetsmod. I am thoroughly confused. This never happened before.

I'm using the latest stable version of Minetest and the latest stable version of streets.

The last time I got the not enough memory error was in 0.4.14 when I loaded too many mapchunks, which never happens to me in 0.4.16.

By the way, why does streets take so long to load? It take longer to load than any mod or combination of mods I've ever tried in Minetest.

Gah! Error message from Windows again! And I downloaded the mod again!

EDIT: found a bug in streets_light. it said on_construct = on_constract. I still get the error from Windows.

Code from debug.txt of my latest entering into the game (A memory error):

Code: Select all

-------------
  Separator
-------------

2017-08-05 14:55:11: WARNING[Main]: NodeDefManager: Ignoring CONTENT_IGNORE redefinition
2017-08-05 14:55:11: WARNING[Main]: Field "tile_images": Deprecated; new name is "tiles".
2017-08-05 14:55:11: WARNING[Main]: Field "tile_images": Deprecated; new name is "tiles".
2017-08-05 14:55:11: ACTION[Main]:         .__               __                   __   
2017-08-05 14:55:11: ACTION[Main]:   _____ |__| ____   _____/  |_  ____   _______/  |_ 
2017-08-05 14:55:11: ACTION[Main]:  /     \|  |/    \_/ __ \   __\/ __ \ /  ___/\   __\
2017-08-05 14:55:11: ACTION[Main]: |  Y Y  \  |   |  \  ___/|  | \  ___/ \___ \  |  |  
2017-08-05 14:55:11: ACTION[Main]: |__|_|  /__|___|  /\___  >__|  \___  >____  > |__|  
2017-08-05 14:55:11: ACTION[Main]:       \/        \/     \/          \/     \/        
2017-08-05 14:55:11: ACTION[Main]: World at [C:\Games\minetest-0.4.16-win64\bin\..\worlds\asd]
2017-08-05 14:55:11: ACTION[Main]: Server for gameid="minetest" listening on 0.0.0.0:51969.
2017-08-05 14:55:17: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: PNG warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
2017-08-05 14:55:17: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: PNG warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
2017-08-05 14:55:18: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: PNG warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
2017-08-05 14:55:38: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer [127.0.0.1] joins game. 
2017-08-05 14:55:38: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer joins game. List of players: singleplayer
2017-08-05 14:55:43: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: OOM error from mod 'default' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): not enough memory
2017-08-05 14:55:43: ERROR[Main]: Current Lua memory usage: 5 MB
2017-08-05 14:55:43: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players: 
Then, it decides to work for 5 minutes before running out of memory. I don't understand.

Also, are non-configured lights supposed to emit light?

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Hi,

exists one specific name for find the Asphalt cube in the Worldedit tool?

thanks a lot...

R

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

A normale Asphalt node is streets:asphalt

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:A normale Asphalt node is streets:asphalt
WOW!

You have a lot of good reasons to keep mods programming (...or whatever you want!) You are very good at doing it and in the support!!!

Many thanks again!

R

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Codesound wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote:A normale Asphalt node is streets:asphalt
WOW!

You have a lot of good reasons to keep mods programming (...or whatever you want!) You are very good at doing it and in the support!!!

Many thanks again!

R
Thank you! But it's not me alone, there's also cheapie and Thomas_S ;)

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Hi ...
at the moment I'm setting up a server for my pupils and looking for the use of memory of the mods I want to use. Unfortunately the streets mod causes an increase of memory use from about ~20 % of my 1 GB up to ~45% without using any piece, just after activating the mod.

Des anyone has an idea for that?

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

BirgitLachner wrote:Hi ...
at the moment I'm setting up a server for my pupils and looking for the use of memory of the mods I want to use. Unfortunately the streets mod causes an increase of memory use from about ~20 % of my 1 GB up to ~45% without using any piece, just after activating the mod.

Des anyone has an idea for that?
That's my problem. 5 megabytes are used, to be exact. This is the stable version of 2.0.