[mod] Ore cutting mod [orecutting]

Post Reply
bell07
Member
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 15:15
GitHub: bell07

[mod] Ore cutting mod [orecutting]

by bell07 » Post

If you like my woodcutting mod you need to try the new orecutting mod. Start digging process on ores and and stone between ores using the sneak key. More details later...

License: LGPL-3
Dependencies: None
Code/Download: https://github.com/bell07/minetest-orecutting
Recipes: none

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
Posts: 7497
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
Location: OMICRON
Contact:

Re: [mod] Ore cutting mod [orecutting]

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

i feel some chain reactions coming.

User avatar
Lord_Vlad
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 07:58

Re: [mod] Ore cutting mod [orecutting]

by Lord_Vlad » Post

Code: Select all

2017-08-17 22:26:49: ACTION[Main]: World at [/home/user/.minetest/worlds/efe]
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ACTION[Main]: Server for gameid="minetest" listening on 0.0.0.0:64419.
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'orecutting' in callback environment_Step(): /home/user/.minetest/mods/orecutting/init.lua:338: bad argument #1 to 'get_content_id' (string expected, got table)
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'get_content_id'
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/user/.minetest/mods/orecutting/init.lua:338: in function 'func'
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:18: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:4>
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [mana] Server shuts down. Rescuing data into mana.mt
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [mana] Wrote mana data into /home/user/.minetest/worlds/efe/mana.mt.
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [morecommands] Wrote whitelist data into /home/user/.minetest/worlds/efe/whitelist.mt.
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [doc] Server shuts down. Player data is about to be saved.
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [doc] Wrote player data into /home/user/.minetest/worlds/efe/doc.mt.
Geominer and this mod do this... I don't know which one should get fixed so I give the error in both topics.

Edit : Also, is it only me, or is your falling stone indestructible after falling ? even in creative, I can't break any.

User avatar
Devy
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 02:31
GitHub: CoderForTheBetter
In-game: devy

Re: [mod] Ore cutting mod [orecutting]

by Devy » Post

Lord_Vlad wrote:

Code: Select all

2017-08-17 22:26:49: ACTION[Main]: World at [/home/user/.minetest/worlds/efe]
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ACTION[Main]: Server for gameid="minetest" listening on 0.0.0.0:64419.
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'orecutting' in callback environment_Step(): /home/user/.minetest/mods/orecutting/init.lua:338: bad argument #1 to 'get_content_id' (string expected, got table)
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'get_content_id'
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/user/.minetest/mods/orecutting/init.lua:338: in function 'func'
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:18: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:4>
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [mana] Server shuts down. Rescuing data into mana.mt
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [mana] Wrote mana data into /home/user/.minetest/worlds/efe/mana.mt.
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [morecommands] Wrote whitelist data into /home/user/.minetest/worlds/efe/whitelist.mt.
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [doc] Server shuts down. Player data is about to be saved.
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [doc] Wrote player data into /home/user/.minetest/worlds/efe/doc.mt.
Geominer and this mod do this... I don't know which one should get fixed so I give the error in both topics.

Edit : Also, is it only me, or is your falling stone indestructible after falling ? even in creative, I can't break any.
I ausume the edit was aimed at me. I just looked at the falling stone, and yes it is indestructible. I'll fix it when I get home.

Edit: should be fixed now.
Last edited by Devy on Fri Aug 18, 2017 06:10, edited 1 time in total.

bell07
Member
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 15:15
GitHub: bell07

Re: [mod] Ore cutting mod [orecutting]

by bell07 » Post

I see the ore.wherein can be "-- ^ a list of nodenames is supported too" in mintest-lua-API. So I fixed it in orecutting, the issue should not be happen anymore.
Asume the geominer registers some new ores that is cuttable by orecutting now.

User avatar
Devy
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 02:31
GitHub: CoderForTheBetter
In-game: devy

Re: [mod] Ore cutting mod [orecutting]

by Devy » Post

bell07 wrote:I see the ore.wherein can be "-- ^ a list of nodenames is supported too" in mintest-lua-API. So I fixed it in orecutting, the issue should not be happen anymore.
Asume the geominer registers some new ores that is cuttable by orecutting now.
I'm the author of Geominer. Thanks you for adding the ores my mod adds! I haven't looked at the way you are handling ores in your mod, but there might be a way to add all ores that any mod adds. Have a look here: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... 3105-L3106. Just a thought! Thank you.

Edit: forget what I said. I just looked at your code and you already know about this table.

User avatar
ManElevation
Member
Posts: 896
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 22:04
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation
Location: Madrid,Spain

Re: [mod] Ore cutting mod [orecutting]

by ManElevation » Post

Sounds good
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

User avatar
Lord_Vlad
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 07:58

Re: [mod] Ore cutting mod [orecutting]

by Lord_Vlad » Post

Devy wrote:
Lord_Vlad wrote:

Code: Select all

2017-08-17 22:26:49: ACTION[Main]: World at [/home/user/.minetest/worlds/efe]
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ACTION[Main]: Server for gameid="minetest" listening on 0.0.0.0:64419.
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'orecutting' in callback environment_Step(): /home/user/.minetest/mods/orecutting/init.lua:338: bad argument #1 to 'get_content_id' (string expected, got table)
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'get_content_id'
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/user/.minetest/mods/orecutting/init.lua:338: in function 'func'
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:18: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:4>
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>
2017-08-17 22:26:49: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [mana] Server shuts down. Rescuing data into mana.mt
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [mana] Wrote mana data into /home/user/.minetest/worlds/efe/mana.mt.
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [morecommands] Wrote whitelist data into /home/user/.minetest/worlds/efe/whitelist.mt.
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [doc] Server shuts down. Player data is about to be saved.
2017-08-17 22:26:50: ACTION[Main]: [doc] Wrote player data into /home/user/.minetest/worlds/efe/doc.mt.
Geominer and this mod do this... I don't know which one should get fixed so I give the error in both topics.

Edit : Also, is it only me, or is your falling stone indestructible after falling ? even in creative, I can't break any.
I ausume the edit was aimed at me. I just looked at the falling stone, and yes it is indestructible. I'll fix it when I get home.

Edit: should be fixed now.
Great that both are fixed. Thanks to both of you :) yeah, I messed up in my edit XD

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bastrabun, Google [Bot] and 2 guests