Cash's World Server

PurpleOne
In-game: PurpleOne

Re: Cash's World Server

by PurpleOne » Post

I made repairs where possible but even I have my limits. I hope you have a map to rollback to ADMIN you will need it.(Nobody can clean this mess.) I created a overhang at spawn to let people come and go as needed. Most towns enteries are accessible now. I removed most of aka protection and replaced with mine.

Good day and good luck.

Salex
In-game: Salex

by Salex » Post

-.-
Salex will not be an active account on forums.I asked Admins of server I play to change my name from Salex to FGH or to help me get the account back.So now I'll play as FGH(my old nickname)and my minetest forum account will be FGH.

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

Tryied to fix bellevil, stoped lava and water but couldnt take stone off, took water off spawn :I
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

Salex
In-game: Salex

by Salex » Post

Hi.Me and ManElevation made some videos mine has private link.I made video of live grief but saddly I lost it.I still have normal video that shows grief non live.I also lost interview to aka but man made videos too and better quality
Salex will not be an active account on forums.I asked Admins of server I play to change my name from Salex to FGH or to help me get the account back.So now I'll play as FGH(my old nickname)and my minetest forum account will be FGH.

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

Having the colour_chat and fly makes all the noobs think im admin xD i tell them im not but they wont believe me :(

Beast24
IRC: Beast24

by Beast24 » Post

lol baggins

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Beast24 wrote:lol baggins
Huh? What'd I do? :P

Beast24
IRC: Beast24

by Beast24 » Post

BBmine wrote:Wow....Why do people grief?

Griefers, PLEASE STOP GRIEFING!
this

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

Beast24 wrote:

this
Oml LOL Baggins....says the one :P
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Cpt_mcg wrote:
Beast24 wrote:

this
Oml LOL Baggins....says the one :P
Yes, you DID know I don't like griefing anymore, right? :P

Wraz

by Wraz » Post

OH MY GOOD WE ARE DOOMED!
Hope you would made a new server with new map and armor :)

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

Wraz wrote:OH MY GOOD WE ARE DOOMED!
Hope you would made a new server with new map and armor :)
:)

angelo1123_
IRC: angelo1123_
In-game: angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

Yeah please do
Mhk (mmm-kay) means okay.

therektafire
In-game: therektafire

by therektafire » Post

You know guys, there is a super simple solution to not having your shit constantly griefed...

Don't build everything so close to the center of the map, that is just asking for trouble, that is where all the lowlife kids and noobs stay as you probably know, if you are so concerned about keeping your precious pixel blocks safe you should put your build THOUSANDS of blocks out and well off axis, 10k+ in either direction would be a good place to start. As long as you spam a bunch of chests all over your house the map shrinker shouldn't grief it itself apparently if I read some earlier posts right :D

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

That is good advice. IMHO 10k away from spawn is a bit too far. Building underground or in a mountain helps also.

Though as my next post will show, all those precautions will be useless soon on Cash's World >:)

843jdc

Permanent Shut Down of Cash's World Server

by 843jdc » Post

As most players should know by now, Cash's World will be shut down on 21 Aug.
***THIS IS PERMANENT***

I am sorry but after approximately 1.5 years, it is time for it to go.

I created this server to be a replacement for the JustTest server, that shut down without notice, for players that said they didn't have a server they could log into anymore due to their use of low-memory devices. The main player that I targeted no longer plays Minetest at all (as far as I know) and has a newer and more capable device to play on if desired.

I did not intend to target young kids but that is what I got. To be bluntly truthful, I am tired of playing babysitter to tiny tyke's squabbles about "so-n-so" stole my stuff!", I need a gf, I need a bf, etc, ad nauseam . I have a joke about my server: I run it but I don't play on it.

I have enjoyed being an admin of my own server. I know what is going on there (mostly), knowing why the server vanishes from the server list, and *trying* to help players learn the game. Not so much enjoyment in repairing griefing or the hammering I get whenever I log in from too many players wanting help and 'help' all at once. I quickly learned why Lag was often unresponsive to me whenever he logged in to his server. The admin has to concentrate on one task else the task might not be done or done correctly. Oh, and needing to do essential tasks in real life to pay the bills.

I won't thank any player specifically for being a player on my server. I will likely not name too many players that I should simply by not remembering their names. But I'm sure they know who they are. Major builders of homes, areas, infrastructure. There are far too many things built that I have never seen. I hope I will get a chance now to go exploring and find them :D

There is more I could write but this "chapter" is getting too long.

Players that want to save their creations for use on other servers: please contact me via the forum's mail or use /mail in game. I need to know *specifically* what to save and the coordinates of where it is. I will save your areas to a DropBox file and send you the link to those files. You will need to use a text editor to change node names from "custom:" to whatever mod the node originally created that node. The text editor that you use needs to be able to handle large files and not 'mangle' the file if you made no changes to it. I can help in the renaming. Likely by posting a conversion chart here.

I will shut down the server in a few hours, do a complete backup of all files, delete all players files and ban records, enable creative mode, enable fly and fast for all players, disable water and lava node placement (likely by totally removing water and lava from the map. Safest method), then restart the server. If things get out of hand, I will reload the save files and stay in that mode until Monday.

I don't intend to leave Minetest. I need to sit back and think about what I want to do. I will do that after Monday. Regaining control of my very expensive computer system that has been held hostage by a silly game with horrible graphics is #1. The other day, I discovered to my utter horror and disgust that I had completely forgotten how to do a simple task such as draw a line where and how I wanted using AutoCAD. Fixing that is a must.

I thank you all for being players on Cash's World. I hope you enjoyed your visit. I will miss all of my players. Even Salex and Baggins haha.

Hmmm. A MT server with high-res images, lots of PvP, a multitude of armor and weapons, quests to be done, etc. All to 'save the world' from the evil aliens attacking the world intent on the utter eradication of all life, human and otherwise. That would be cool. Is there a MT server out there that does this? If not, time to crack my knuckles and start making one! Gonna take a lot fo time to make. Help will be essential.

xD

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

:(, that's everything I have to say, :(

angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

I didn't read the whole thing because I can't even play on the server because as u said too much kids and all the stupid "I need bf/gf"

I'm sorry you had to suffer so much 843jdc,I hope u will play other servers where u will actually have some fun.

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

Suffer? Are you nuts? I had a blast.

angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

Hahaah I guess so ;)

843jdc

Almost Party Time

by 843jdc » Post

Server is down. Can you guess why? xD

Server should be up in about an hour.

|FGH|
In-game: FGH

by |FGH| » Post

Who is Salex?I am FGH btw I want to save files from your server to ManElevation's World.I'll miss all R.I.P Cash's World/843jdc and give me back interact on your server
I am the admin of Blazecraft,I'm recluting moderators
Last update:12/02/2019

angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

Lol hi salex

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

|FGH| wrote:Who is Salex?I am FGH btw I want to save files from your server to ManElevation's World.I'll miss all R.I.P Cash's World/843jdc and give me back interact on your server
:)

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

Re: Permanent Shut Down of Cash's World Server

by parasite » Post

843jdc wrote:As most players should know by now, Cash's World will be shut down on 21 Aug.
***THIS IS PERMANENT***

I am sorry but after approximately 1.5 years, it is time for it to go.
I was not so active there, but I want to say thank you very much for your time, resources and hard work. I hope we will see here at forum and in game at other present and future servers.