[Server] HOMETOWN

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by Cpt_mcg » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:uuuuuuuhhh...
Oh hey, I saw that xD Pretty sure it was junjun being a 'zombie'. Probably killed himself and became a zombie, therefore was zombie Zombie_junjun. lol just a thought.
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Cpt_mcg wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:uuuuuuuhhh...
Oh hey, I saw that xD Pretty sure it was junjun being a 'zombie'. Probably killed himself and became a zombie, therefore was zombie Zombie_junjun. lol just a thought.
junjun is Japanese and last time I checked he didn't know English?
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Yeah... it was junjun
What a knucklehead :D

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ExeterDad wrote:Yeah... it was junjun
lol
I wish he was at least partially good at english :/ It would be cool to be able to talk to him
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:I wish he was at least partially good at english :/ It would be cool to be able to talk to him
You kinda can. Go to the chatlog page and copy his chat. The current days chat keeps loading in the bottom once you are all caught up. In a new tab, Google translate "Japanese to English". Super fast actually. Then paste a response in Japanese to him. And of course hope Google doesn't play a joke on you. :P

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:I wish he was at least partially good at english :/ It would be cool to be able to talk to him
You kinda can. Go to the chatlog page and copy his chat. The current days chat keeps loading in the bottom once you are all caught up. In a new tab, Google translate "Japanese to English". Super fast actually. Then paste a response in Japanese to him. And of course hope Google doesn't play a joke on you. :P
The chatlog!? Where can I find that?

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

BBmine wrote:
ExeterDad wrote:
The chatlog!? Where can I find that?
....You can't. Staff only lol.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Cpt_mcg wrote:....You can't. Staff only lol.
For now :)
It's too beta to make public right now.

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
Cpt_mcg wrote:....You can't. Staff only lol.
For now :)
It's too beta to make public right now.
Yeah :P True.

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
ExeterDad wrote:Yeah... it was junjun
lol
I wish he was at least partially good at english :/ It would be cool to be able to talk to him
You better wish he is at least understand english, not partially good because it's quite high level to be partial good in english from a japanese view... and to be good is god level...
Spoiler
(Not so) recently, Japanese start to learn English at elementary 5 (5th grade) though earlier they only start to learn it in middle school (junior high)... Even though they start from 5th grade, the English learnt is very, very basic... Some of them even just started to learn alphabets at same time they learn English though some others do know alphabets as they use it to spell out Japanese words with QWERTY keyboard instead of TaTeISuKa keyboard or when they use a combined QWERTY/TaTeISuKa keyboard like image below... (Source: my friend in Japan, Image source: Internet)

Most Japanese who do actually know how to read English and understand them tends to not write English that much because it's easy to make spelling error and they don't want to make other people confused... This is because they depends on Japanese sounds for English words when learning English, so "lite", "right" and "light" all sounded the same (Japanese doesn't differentiate L and R ... they only use R) and they will confuse which one is the correct spelling to write what they want to mean...

Just look at what Japanese game developer did when they released their game in English:
(It's "flying" btw) and look at Japanese in teen ages trying to speak English: https://youtu.be/6sCDI7GFik0

Btw, use Google Translate carefully (eg. try use different english words with similar meaning and compare the japanese results before using the words) and try to not overuse kanji from the results because some players are young, they can't read kanji yet... (I was puzzled why certain player can't understand what I wrote in other server, then I found out I was using kanji that is only learnt in middle school year 2 / 8th grade while the player is obviously still in elementary 4 / 4th grade) You could use http://www.romajidesu.com if you're unsure (just paste the japanese result into the box and enter, it will give you details in english)

ThomasMonroe
GitHub: ThomasMonroe314
IRC: ThomasMonroe TMcSquared
In-game: ThomasMonroe TMcSquared

by ThomasMonroe » Post

ExeterDad wrote:What a knucklehead :D
Ive been a knucklehead plenty of times. XD
I don't make messes, I just, er...disturb the local entropy!

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

ThomasMonroe wrote:
ExeterDad wrote:What a knucklehead :D
Ive been a knucklehead plenty of times. XD
xD Same. Not even joking, so many times I can't count on my fingers.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Huh? I tried to join, but it said that I was banned for using hacks. I didn't use any hacks. Maybe you should check the ip. All I did today was pop on, talk about supjk for a little bit, and open doors.

Oh wait, I do remember that I randomly fell through my floor one time. But I think it was caused by my 3-block high body.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

BBmine wrote:Oh wait, I do remember that I randomly fell through my floor one time. But I think it was caused by my 3-block high body.
*mega-face-palm*
Lone_Wolf!
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

GreenDimond wrote:
BBmine wrote:Oh wait, I do remember that I randomly fell through my floor one time. But I think it was caused by my 3-block high body.
*mega-face-palm*
Lone_Wolf!
I didn't know he had a 3 block high body. I saw him partially noclip through a wall while hovering. I assumed he was flying.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Thanks for unbanning me :D

There's a bug. If I place a boat, I can't pick it up or get in it. I have the latest dev.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

id like to post a screenshot but i dont know how, can someone pliz explain it to me?
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Stix wrote:id like to post a screenshot but i dont know how, can someone pliz explain it to me?
  1. Go to pasteboard
  2. Copy & Paste or drag and drop the image
  3. Click [Upload]
  4. Click [Go to image]
  5. Copy the link provided
  6. Code: Select all

[img]Paste the link here[/img]

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Stix wrote:id like to post a screenshot but i dont know how, can someone pliz explain it to me?
  1. Go to pasteboard
  3. Click [Upload]
  4. Click [Go to image]

No.

Do quick reply, then click Full Editor. Then click Upload attachment. Then upload your screenie. Then right-click the link, do copy link location. Then put

Code: Select all

[img]Link to image[/img]
And that's all! :D

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

BBmine wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
  1. Go to pasteboard
  3. Click [Upload]
  4. Click [Go to image]

No.

Do quick reply, then click Full Editor. Then click Upload attachment. Then upload your screenie. Then right-click the link, do copy link location. Then put

[img]Link to image[/img]
Either way works. I prefer pasteboard...

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

For quick and small image upload, use this way:
BBmine wrote: Do quick reply, then click Full Editor. Then click Upload attachment. Then upload your screenie. Then right-click the link, do copy link location. Then put

[img]Link to image[/img]
If you get "Entity too large" when using that way, it means your image is too big for attachment (as there's limit on image file size). You will need to use this way instead:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
  1. Go to pasteboard
  3. Click [Upload]
  4. Click [Go to image]

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
  • Go to pasteboard
  • Copy & Paste or drag and drop the image
  • Click [Upload]
  • Click [Go to image]
  • Copy the link provided
  • Code: Select all

This way looks nicer. No extra attachments or anything.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

BBmine wrote:Thanks for unbanning me :D

There's a bug. If I place a boat, I can't pick it up or get in it. I have the latest dev.
Not a bug. You're using the latest dev. These builds are the future of Minetest as they move towards. 0.5.0 release. In that release there will be a some additions that will not be backwards compatible with older versions and servers. Player model change is one of them. The decided since this release will break Minetest, they might as well go all out and break a few more things at the same time. The only way to make it where it plays correctly for you is to update the server to the latest dev as well. But we won't do it because it will break it for absolutely everyone BUT you :)

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
BBmine wrote:Thanks for unbanning me :D

Not a bug. You're using the latest dev. These builds are the future of Minetest as they move towards. 0.5.0 release. In that release there will be a some additions that will not be backwards compatible with older versions and servers. Player model change is one of them. The decided since this release will break Minetest, they might as well go all out and break a few more things at the same time. The only way to make it where it plays correctly for you is to update the server to the latest dev as well. But we won't do it because it will break it for absolutely everyone BUT you :)
Oh ok. I feel like they shouldn't change player models, especially with old worlds that already have a lot of builds! Imagine all the rebuilding! :P

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

BBmine wrote:Oh ok. I feel like they shouldn't change player models, especially with old worlds that already have a lot of builds! Imagine all the rebuilding! :P
There will certainly be massive compatibility issues when it's finally released. Players with new clients will only be able to play on compatible servers. And thats only new servers, or well established servers with a major overhaul to existing mods and special server code. It's gonna be a pain. Fortunately servers running the latest will have code that will reject connections from older clients. Of course... shutting them out. New clients will be able to connect to older servers, but as you've discovered things are just wrong, maybe even worse by the time it's released. I'd be surprised if servers jumped right on the new server code as it will eliminate a bunch of clients until they've had the chance to upgrade the client.
This isn't a surprise. It was announced in the MT forums that dev would soon be introducing breaking code. They even let us know the last commit we could use to build from before that code started hitting. Normally I would of ran the server with the bleeding edge dev as I love new features as they start happening. But not now. I will however try to take patches that don't break things and add if it fixes something major.