Forum is now hosted by celeron55 (report issues here)

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: Forum is now hosted by celeron55 (report issues here)

by sorcerykid » Post

Sorry I should have clarified, I am not the author.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15334

srifqi
GitHub: srifqi
IRC: srifqi
In-game: srifqi

by srifqi » Post

Seems like no way to do that, try to contact the author (again).
Saya dari Indonesia! · Terjemahkan Minetest! · my mods · My nickname in IPA: /es.rif.qi/

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

I'd be glad if the signatures where smaller or could be disabled in some way. The actual content of the messages is so often hidden behind all those other things the forum adds.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Sokomine wrote:I'd be glad if the signatures where smaller or could be disabled in some way. The actual content of the messages is so often hidden behind all those other things the forum adds.
I'm all for decreasing the character limit
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

Sokomine wrote:I'd be glad if the signatures where smaller or could be disabled in some way. The actual content of the messages is so often hidden behind all those other things the forum adds.
There is a way to hide the signature if you don't want to read them...
It's in User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures ... turn it to "No" instead of "Yes"
or direct link: ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote: There is a way to hide the signature if you don't want to read them...
It's in User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures ... turn it to "No" instead of "Yes"
or direct link: ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view
Aaah! Thanks! That helps a lot. I'd still prefer them to be just smaller (there might be reasonable information in a signature), but it's definitely better to have no signatures than to not to be able to find the actual text of a posting due to excessive signatures.
A list of my mods can be found here.

duane
GitHub: duane-r

RSS

by duane » Post

I'm told that phpbb supports RSS. Is a feed available? If not, is there any chance of getting it added?
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: RSS

by rubenwardy » Post

duane wrote:I'm told that phpbb supports RSS. Is a feed available? If not, is there any chance of getting it added?
feed.php?mode=topics
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

orwell
GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

by orwell » Post

Hello everyone. I hope this is the right place to address this.
The Minetest forum is the main platform for all things going on in the Minetest community. In the recent time, however, other platforms have or will become more important, such as the Content Database. Since M$ has bought Github, I run a private issue tracker for my mods at http://mantis.bleipb.de/. Also, I heard that some servers have or plan to implement some sort of authentication outside minetest, to prevent griefers from just changing their user name.

At the moment, the content database uses GitHub's oauth as an alternative to manual sign-up. At my bug tracker, you need to sign up manually, same goes for those external auth servers.

Since almost every member of the community has an account here on the forum, it would be convenient if the forum would provide an OAuth API or something similar, so that players do not have to re-register on all relevant platforms.

Does PHPBB support this out of the box, or would it be needed to implement it? If so, I have some knowledge in PHP programming and could try to do this.
What do you think? Is an OAuth API for the forum useful, and do you think we should add it?
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

I investigated this before starting CDB. There aren't any oauth provider plugins for phpbb and it's not a feature it has builtin in. It would definitely be useful for cdb though. It shouldn't be too hard to do (right?). Just make sure you require a client id and secret, and only expose the username. Maybe also require users to click yes to approve the login, I guess that could depend on the client

Hello profile reader

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

rubenwardy wrote:I investigated this before starting CDB. There aren't any oauth provider plugins for phpbb and it's not a feature it has builtin in. It would definitely be useful for cdb though. It shouldn't be too hard to do (right?). Just make sure you require a client id and secret, and only expose the username. Maybe also require users to click yes to approve the login, I guess that could depend on the client
celeron55 wrote:I hate phpBB, I hope you do too. It's a ridiculous clusterfuck hallmark of everything that is wrong in the PHP culture.
Seriously, isn’t it time we found a new forum software instead. The modern platforms all have decent plugin systems, in which an OAuth service plugin either already exists or is more easily implemented.

orwell

by orwell » Post

texmex wrote:
rubenwardy wrote:I investigated this before starting CDB. There aren't any oauth provider plugins for phpbb and it's not a feature it has builtin in. It would definitely be useful for cdb though. It shouldn't be too hard to do (right?). Just make sure you require a client id and secret, and only expose the username. Maybe also require users to click yes to approve the login, I guess that could depend on the client
celeron55 wrote:I hate phpBB, I hope you do too. It's a ridiculous clusterfuck hallmark of everything that is wrong in the PHP culture.
Seriously, isn’t it time we found a new forum software instead. The modern platforms all have decent plugin systems, in which an OAuth service plugin either already exists or is more easily implemented.
But that is nothing I can decide. Is a forum software switch foreseeable in the near future?
EDIT: reading more about the topic, since we do not need to access any API on the minetest forum side, it is sufficient to use OpenID instead of OAuth.
Lua is great!
List of my mods

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

In the User Control Panel the section "Edit Profile" allows adding a GitHub name that will be linked in the profile and as post metadata. Since GitHub was purchased by Microsoft a lot of people left GitHub.

It would be a good idea to change "GitHub" to a more generic thing like "Git" or "Coding" and allow pasting an URL there. Or implement a drop-down of top 10 relevant Git hosting providers users can select and enter their user name.

orwell

by orwell » Post

OpenID moved to new topic:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20372
Lua is great!
List of my mods

rubenwardy

Inline Code Snippets

by rubenwardy » Post

The forum now supports inline code snippets, like so (but without the space): [ /icode]

Hello profile reader

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

rubenwardy wrote:The forum now supports inline code snippets, like so (but without the space): [ /icode]

If there was a thumbsup emoji I would use a couple hundred. Thanks!
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

by ANAND » Post

The "Unsubsribe" feature doesn't seem to work. I unsubscribed to a few topics and they still show up in "View my posts" page.
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

ANAND wrote:The "Unsubsribe" feature doesn't seem to work. I unsubscribed to a few topics and they still show up in "View my posts" page.
The "View Your Posts" page doesn't show topics to which you have subscribed.
It shows topic in which you have commented.
If you want to turn off subscriptions, go to User Control Panel and then, under the Overview tab click on Manage Subscriptions in the left column.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

by ANAND » Post

dawgdoc wrote:The "View Your Posts" page doesn't show topics to which you have subscribed.
It shows topic in which you have commented.
If you want to turn off subscriptions, go to User Control Panel and then, under the Overview tab click on Manage Subscriptions in the left column.
Ah, I can understand the difference now. I guess I just want to somehow remove topics from the "View my posts" page. Is that currently possible? At least, I shouldn't be notified of new posts in certain topics. Mobs Redo and Xanadu are classic examples of topics I want to "unsubscribe" from. I made a couple of posts in both the topics, and I'm notified of new posts in them ever since.
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

PowerOlive
IRC: powerolive
In-game: powerolive

by PowerOlive » Post

celeron55 wrote: It uses the default phpBB theme because the Minetest theme somehow broke. You can try to select it in your user specific settings if you like; but as I said, it is broken.
i can not select it how???

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Hello, I like to report an issue with the forum.

It seems that long URLs no longer get automatically transformed into clickable links. Instead, they get truncated with “…” and can't be clicked. If I recall correctly, it worked before.

Example: I will enter the following text:

Code: Select all

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/01/31/uk_address_bulgarians/
But it turns into this:
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/01/3 ... ulgarians/

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

The fix I found for that is to enclose it in

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

It also bugs out if you quote other posts with links.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

The markdown format could be useful on the forum because I could copy-paste comments with links and pictures from github issues.
Typing an url would also be easier (I use the qwertz keyboard mapping).
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2499776

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:The markdown format could be useful on the forum because I could copy-paste comments with links and pictures from github issues.
Typing an url would also be easier (I use the qwertz keyboard mapping).
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2499776
Yes, Markdown plz! Markdown is the smartest way to write for the web:
  • It’s easy: the syntax is so simple you can barely call it “syntax.” If you can use an emoticon, you can write Markdown.
  • It’s fast: the simple formatting saves asignificant amount of time over hand-crafted HTML tags, and is often faster than using aword processor or WYSIWYG editor. It speeds up the workflows of writers of all ilk, from bloggers to novelists.
  • It’s clean: Markdown translates quickly to perfectly formed HTML: no missing closing tags, no improperly nested tags, no blocks left without containers. You also get 100% less cruft than exporting HTML from Microsoft Word. There’s no styling inline, nothing that will otherwise break asite’s design or mess with the XSLT formatting for PDF output. In short, it’s foolproof.
  • It’s portable: your documents are cross-platform by nature. You can edit them in any text-capable application on any operating system. Transporting files requires no zipping or archiving, and the filesize is as small as it can possibly get.
  • It’s flexible: output your documents to awide array of formats. Convert to HTML for posting on the web, rich text for sending emails or importing into alayout program for final arrangement or any number of other proprietary formats.
  • It fits any workflow: You can make Markdown work with any workflow. It can speed up just about any writing-related process with very little setup. It can also be scripted all to hell, if you want, because plain text is the most flexible of any format known to computer-kind.