[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
51%
NO
49%

Total votes: 178

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute

by sorcerykid » Post

BBMine, you violated multiple rules, and were banned from the server as a result. It's not that complicated. Get over it.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:BBMine, you violated multiple rules, and were banned from the server as a result. It's not that complicated. Get over it.
Yes, I know, but that still doesn't explain being banned from jt2.intraversal.net. You didn't do a simple /xban Baggins, you actually locked me out of the whole ip.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

You are not paying customer, so I am under no obligation to explain why or how I manage my own server. There are plenty of other sites you can visit online. End of discussion.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:You are not paying customer, so I am under no obligation to explain why or how I manage my own server. There are plenty of other sites you can visit online. End of discussion.
For that matter, NONE of the users are paying customers, so you should block them ALL out.

It makes ZERO since why you would ban someone from an entire IP when the "crime" they committed was on port 30002.

I plan to host MT servers with a website on the same machine. However, if someone griefs the servers, I won't ban him from the website, unless he's DDOSing it.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Attachments
6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8--michael-jackson-michael-okeefe.jpg
6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8--michael-jackson-michael-okeefe.jpg (15.43 KiB) Viewed 744 times
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Important Security Notice:

Several players have lost items from shared chests recently due to a vulnerability in TenPlus1's protection mod. The exploit has been patched, and shared chests are now safe to use. An automated script will be used to restore the lost items from an archive (hopefully by Thursday afternoon). The downtime should be minimal. Sorry about the confusion!

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Sorry about that sorcerykid. I just found out from leah123 that she made up the story about her being banned.

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

BBmine wrote:Sorry about that sorcerykid. I just found out from leah123 that she made up the story about her being banned.
uh, next time do /xban_record <player_or_ip>
:P
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

"Nothing to see here, please disperse"

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

AspireMint wrote:"Nothing to see here, please disperse"
Wow...That's a lot of bones.

SFP
GitHub: Hood
IRC: Hood
In-game: Hood

by SFP » Post

Soo, i have plans this few months. To expand my area a lot, to finish Grand Park ( it's already open ), build few huge pixel arts, and a lot of more other things...
I asked Nemo to post about my park, but she does not have any time, it's ok.
I'am seeking few helpers which will take care of my area when i'm not online.
You can msg me here on forum or in game.
You can see area i will make my soon in photo.
Attachments
QuickMemo+_2017-10-02-22-01-37.png
QuickMemo+_2017-10-02-22-01-37.png (490.21 KiB) Viewed 744 times
Speak when you're spoken to, maybe I might answer.
-Hood 2017

digger2
In-game: digger

by digger2 » Post

I prefer to think that the park is abandoned and like hunting there in the dark without being watched by witnesses. Hope you'll be busy and it will stay abandoned for a long time ;)

SFP

by SFP » Post

digger2 wrote:I prefer to think that the park is abandoned and like hunting there in the dark without being watched by witnesses. Hope you'll be busy and it will stay abandoned for a long time ;)
Nope, i just start with building it.
I will spend most of my time with building my area.
No more killing my mobs :)
-Hood 2017

SFP

Need trustful players for helping !

by SFP » Post

I need trustful players for helping with my project Grand Park on JT2. Help i need is: cleaning areas from stone, farming dirt, mining, and taking care of Park. Anyone who help me will be part of players who "own" Grand Park. You can get rewards in items to, if you want :P
Msg me here in forum or in game : SuckerForPain
This photo is only part finished park
Attachments
QuickMemo+_2017-10-04-20-28-30.png
QuickMemo+_2017-10-04-20-28-30.png (711.36 KiB) Viewed 744 times
-Hood 2017

SFP

by SFP » Post

Unfortunately i can't find map with Dragon builded, so Dragon is lost forever. But i was planing to build another statue ( bigger than dragon ), just i need name for "her" :) do you know any good name for Female statue ?
-Hood 2017

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Regarding huge auth.txt rewrites, it seems there is a solution that is used by some server owners that helps more or less - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18604 (SQLite Auth [sauth]). Auth in database is planned in engine too iirc.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Hi, everyone! I apologize for not being as active in game these past couple months. Since losing my regular job, it's been tough finding the motivation to play as frequently as I used to. However, I have still been working behind the scenes on a variety of backend improvements. I'll post a complete list of updates within the next couple days!

Perhaps the most noticeable change, however, is the Halloween decor. Last week, Castle Nemo was boarded up after several confirmed reports of hauntings. The courtyard, has become infested with flesh-eating zombies and the great hall is overrun by ghosts. It seems that we disturbed a long-forgotten burial ground for griefers directly below spawn, and their souls are at unrest.

Please beware of spawn at night -- ghouls and goblins are on the prowl!

In the spirit of the holiday (no pun intended), candy and costumes will also be added to the server on Halloween. That's right -- you will be able to pick from over 100+ skins, perfect for trick or treating around the neighborhood in disguise during the witching hour!

All Hallows Eve, of course, isn't the only seasonal perk. Leaves and shrubs are changing colors, chickens and turkeys are roaming the countryside, and pumpkins are at full blossom. There is a cool breeze in the air, and the days are becoming shorter. Autumn is upon us, so enjoy some apple cider and pumpkin bread courtesy of Nemo!

SFP

by SFP » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Hi, everyone! I apologize for not being as active in game these past couple months. Since losing my regular job, it's been tough finding the motivation to play as frequently as I used to. However, I have still been working behind the scenes on a variety of backend improvements. I'll post a complete list of updates within the next couple days!

Perhaps the most noticeable change, however, is the Halloween decor. Last week, Castle Nemo was boarded up after several confirmed reports of hauntings. The courtyard, has become infested with flesh-eating zombies and the great hall is overrun by ghosts. It seems that we disturbed a long-forgotten burial ground for griefers directly below spawn, and their souls are at unrest.

Please beware of spawn at night -- ghouls and goblins are on the prowl!

In the spirit of the holiday (no pun intended), candy and costumes will also be added to the server on Halloween. That's right -- you will be able to pick from over 100+ skins, perfect for trick or treating around the neighborhood in disguise during the witching hour!

All Hallows Eve, of course, isn't the only seasonal perk. Leaves and shrubs are changing colors, chickens and turkeys are roaming the countryside, and pumpkins are at full blossom. There is a cool breeze in the air, and the days are becoming shorter. Autumn is upon us, so enjoy some apple cider and pumpkin bread courtesy of Nemo!

I hope that you will find better job.
That idea mob spawning at spawn sound good!
And adding halloween costumes (skins) is awesome, can't wait to try one :)
-Hood 2017

digger2
In-game: digger

by digger2 » Post

Boredom alert! Utter boredom is killing the server.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Hi all! Beginning today, all dormant accounts on the server (at least 6 months of continuous inactivity) will be automatically blocked from logging in. This is mostly a security measure to protect against intrusion attempts on older accounts.

If your account is suspended, simply PM me on this forum to request reactivation. Thanks for your attention!

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:This is mostly a security measure to protect against intrusion attempts on older accounts.
Intrusion? o.O

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Can't get carts to work.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

One more week till Halloween, our fiendish friends!

We've already unearthed at least four coffins at spawn. Their epitaphs are eerily appropriate:

• "In memory of gold_digger, Minetest's most infamous hacker"
    "Dearly departed CleanerPro. You griefed till the very end"
    "Here lies Adolf_Hitler, first cheater to be banned from JT2"
    "RIP Oerrki. A kindred spirit that only wanted to be loved."
Be sure to pay your respects to these restless souls. They will always be remembered in our stone-cold hearts.

To add some flair to your spooky decor, players can now craft cobwebs and lanterns! Here are the recipes:

Image Image

Potted flowers are available too, so you can build your own graveyards, funeral homes, and even mausoleums.

Simply place the flower of your choice between two bricks. And voila, instant potted flower to enhance any burial site!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

As previously announced, a land-value tax is to be instituted on the JT2 server this November. In preparation for these changes, I have compiled a FAQ and included a map depicting the municipal tax district boundaries for reference.

What are the boundaries of the tax districts?
The Land-Value Tax District encompasses the entirety of spawntown, excluding the Historical District, whereas the Tax Exempt District is bounded by Holiday Drive, Brookfield Road, Valley Road, and Hill Street.

Are all players required to pay the tax?
Only property owners within the designated Land-Value Tax District shall be required to pay the land-value tax in accordance with the tax schedule.

Which properties are exempt from the tax?
Those properties within the Tax Exempt District and the Historical District, as well as properties more than 20 meters below grade and city-owned properties (publicworks, citymanager, and Nemo) shall not be subject to the land-value tax.

Are pre-existing land claims affected by this tax?
Yes, property owners within the Land-Value Tax District shall have a 14 day grace period in which to renew their land claims. Any land claims that are not renewed by Monday, November 13, shall be forfeited.

How are tax payments issued?
The protection wand shall provide an interface to activate and renew land claims as well as to review ownership status and payment history.

What is the tax rate and period?
A fee of one gold ingot shall be assessed per protector on 7 day intervals. The tax schedule is subject to change at any time provided 14-days public notice by the City Manager.

When are tax payments due?
An initial tax payment shall be required to activate a land claim and recurring tax payments shall be required to renew a land claim in subsequent installments.

Can recurring tax payments be issued in advance?
Yes, the maximum renewal term is eight installments from the current billing period.

Are tax payments refundable?
There is no reimbursement of renewal or activation fees.

What happens if an active protector is removed?
By removing an active protector, it shall return to an inactive state and the associated land claim shall be revoked, thereby forfeiting all current and pending tax payments.

What happens if an active protector expires?
Once an active protector expires, it shall return to an inactive state and the associated land claim shall be revoked.

The land-value property tax goes into effect on Monday November 6. A map of all pre-existing land claims shall be published on the JT2 site prior to this time, allowing property owners to prepare accordingly. Feel free to contact me, if you have any comments or questions. Thanks everybody for your cooperation and understanding!

GoldFireUn
GitHub: BluebirdGreycoat
In-game: GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

What is the difference between the Tax Exempt District and the unmarked lands at and beyond the edge of the displayed map?