[Game] Lord Of The Rings [Lord-of-the-Test] [1.2.0]

the_raven_262
GitHub: theraven262
IRC: [Discord unfortunately] corvus262

Re: [Game] Lord Of The Rings [Lord-of-the-Test]

by the_raven_262 » Post

We didn't spam, those were "deleted" at the start.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I answered a post that was already answered then raven copied me and so on...
XD
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Tejasvi

by Tejasvi » Post

the_raven_262 wrote:
azekill_DIABLO wrote:this looks like v6. or maybe another mapgen as v6... /useless
And how would you know that?
No, i doubt its v6, this error is most likely caused by an unknown mapgen (in case of any other mapgen that is not v6,7 or singlenode).
Which mapgen should I choose, besides it's latest available version of minetest in Ubuntu repo.
Mineclone 2

Amaz
GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Post

Tejasvi wrote:
the_raven_262 wrote:
azekill_DIABLO wrote:this looks like v6. or maybe another mapgen as v6... /useless
No, i doubt its v6, this error is most likely caused by an unknown mapgen (in case of any other mapgen that is not v6,7 or singlenode).
Which mapgen should I choose, besides it's latest available version of minetest in Ubuntu repo.
This isn't a problem with mapgen, it's a problem with an outdated version of Minetest. You'll need to install 0.4.15 in order for it to work. You can use this to compile it from source: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3837 or you can use this PPA: https://launchpad.net/~minetestdevs/+ar ... ntu/stable

Seeing as Minetest 0.4.13 was released almost two years ago now, it isn't really possible to support it, sorry.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

the_raven_262 wrote:
how i would know that? maybe i can use my eyes?
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

the_raven_262

by the_raven_262 » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:
the_raven_262 wrote:
how i would know that? maybe i can use my eyes?
Heh, there is no mapgen specified on the screenshot.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Tejasvi wrote:I installed latest Minetest and then this game, on world creation I got this!
Tejasvi, your version of Minetest is old, therefore it probably isn't compatible with LOTT. I advise trying to compile the development version of Minetest. You can find the instructions for doing so here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3837

roboto
GitHub: NewbProgrammer101
In-game: akoek

by roboto » Post

My world crashed when I tried to eat a cooked potato. I was in creative mode at the time.

Code: Select all

2017-09-30 13:09:10: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer right-clicks object 206: LuaEntitySAO at (169.038,10.5,69.3104)
2017-09-30 13:09:10: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer right-clicks object 206: LuaEntitySAO at (168.043,10.5,69.6145)
2017-09-30 13:09:11: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer uses lottfarming:potato_cooked, pointing at [object 206]
2017-09-30 13:09:11: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'lottfarming' in callback item_OnUse(): .../bin/../games/Lord-of-the-Test/mods/stamina/init.lua:261: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
2017-09-30 13:09:11: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-09-30 13:09:11: ERROR[Main]: 	.../bin/../games/Lord-of-the-Test/mods/stamina/init.lua:261: in function <.../bin/../games/Lord-of-the-Test/mods/stamina/init.lua:259>
2017-09-30 13:09:11: ERROR[Main]: 	(tail call): ?

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

fishyWet, please update! This is a very nice subgame :)
What is SCP-055?

Amaz
GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Post

Some new skins, for an expansion on the selectable races!
The elves! (From left to right, Mirkwood, Lorien, Lindon.)

Some dwarves. (From left to right, Misty Mountains, Iron Hills, Blue Mountains.)

Some good men... (Rohan, Northern/Breeish, Gondor.)

...and some bad men! (Haradian, Dunderling, Rhun/Easterling.)

A couple of hobbits!

And three orcs!

And a portrait of everyone together!

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

That looks pretty cool, some diversity is always nice. It's so annoying to run into the same dwarf named Dob 11 times in a 3 minutes. ;)
Last edited by Chem871 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
What is SCP-055?

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

pretty nice! lov it!

Moleman
In-game: Moleboi

by Moleman » Post

Amazing game bravo

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

This is a great game, I've been playing it quite a bit with family. I have a few notes on the experience, though.

The big one is that ents seem to be allied to the orc raiders in Fangorn biomes -- if I strike an orc, the ents go hostile, too. Also Ents seem to be way too numerous, I've taken to killing them off (and hoping to get a Yavannamire sapling) because otherwise I'll have like five ents stomping around our home all the time, with more floating in the water just off the beach.

Cooking potatos and turnips takes an inordinate amount of fuel, making it kind of pointless to grow them when there are less resource-intensive foods that are more nutritious and easier to make.
Brewing and potion making seems to consume even more fuel. Potion making in particular seems wonky. Most of the time I get one potion for 3 coal, but just today I put in 7 (3, then 4) coal and got nothing for it.

Also, does wheat not spawn anywhere? I've found bread in the Gondor castles, but so far I've not seen wheat or wheat seeds anywhere.

Some balancing of armor might be needed, too. It seems strong enough that once you've got halfway decent armor, most mobs stand no chance of significantly harming you one v. one, and if you have a friend or two, they're boned even in groups. I think the armor's protection range from poor to best might be too broad.
Although, come to think of it, a simple fix might be to pass a minimal amount of damage through regardless of armor, like a half heart. Then even weak enemies would pose a modest threat along, and a large one in groups, but you could keep the wide range of armor and enemy damage levels, so you still need the best armor to go up against the really powerful enemies. (That's a houserule I favor in tabletop RPGs that go the trendy but unfortunate route of having armor serve as damage reduction.)
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

the_raven_262

by the_raven_262 » Post

There is much rework being done to this subgame right now, but I would expect no visible progress for now.
Crafting, Brewing, Mobs and Biomes, are all being rebuilt and some of them are made anew from scratch.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

That lot of work, good luck!

roboto

by roboto » Post

Mantar wrote: The big one is that ents seem to be allied to the orc raiders in Fangorn biomes -- if I strike an orc, the ents go hostile, too.
That is a known issue.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: [Game] Lord Of The Rings [Lord-of-the-Test] [1.1.0]

by Inocudom » Post

fishyWET wrote:Image
Spoiler
You built this recently, but it does not appear to be in LOTT. Since it looks like this structure would fit in the world of LOTT quite well, could you add it? Since you built it, you should use it.

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

One BIG suggestion : when you sleep in a bed you have built, the spawn should be set right in the room where you have slept. For now, it's not the case and, when we die, we return to the spawn point at the beginning and you're rapidely surrounded by orcs and killed.
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

the_raven_262

by the_raven_262 » Post

Inocudom wrote:
fishyWET wrote:Image
Spoiler
You built this recently, but it does not appear to be in LOTT. Since it looks like this structure would fit in the world of LOTT quite well, could you add it? Since you built it, you should use it.
We avoid big schematics, as they take much more time to be placed into the map.
(Or we would have already made some towns and big castles)

roboto

by roboto » Post

JiCeyCraft wrote:One BIG suggestion : when you sleep in a bed you have built, the spawn should be set right in the room where you have slept. For now, it's not the case and, when we die, we return to the spawn point at the beginning and you're rapidely surrounded by orcs and killed.
The respawn feature was intentionally excluded by me because it is unreasonable to respawn in a bed you didn't place. i.e. you are an orc and arrive in a hobbit hole and sleep in one of the beds, it is unreasonable to respawn in them.

In your case, you placed the bed. Working on it.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Just make a different bed type for each of the races, and only allow the race that corresponds to it to sleep in it, like the chests do.
What is SCP-055?

MrUnderhill89
GitHub: mrunderhill89

by MrUnderhill89 » Post

Are ents supposed to turn hostile when you start fighting with another hostile mob, like orcs? It seems weird that they would side with the orcs instead of me. (Yes, I'm playing a dwarf and I cut down a few trees, but I usually replant them. I'm certainly more nature-friendly than most orcs. :) )

the_raven_262

by the_raven_262 » Post

MrUnderhill89 wrote:Are ents supposed to turn hostile when you start fighting with another hostile mob, like orcs? It seems weird that they would side with the orcs instead of me. (Yes, I'm playing a dwarf and I cut down a few trees, but I usually replant them. I'm certainly more nature-friendly than most orcs. :) )
Yea, there is a bug in the code that turns ents hostile when you attack orcs.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

the_raven_262 wrote:
MrUnderhill89 wrote:Are ents supposed to turn hostile when you start fighting with another hostile mob, like orcs? It seems weird that they would side with the orcs instead of me. (Yes, I'm playing a dwarf and I cut down a few trees, but I usually replant them. I'm certainly more nature-friendly than most orcs. :) )
Yea, there is a bug in the code that turns ents hostile when you attack orcs.
The ents don't want anyone else killing their enemies
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)