[Server] HOMETOWN

SkylightsFall
In-game: Sky_Fall_II

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by SkylightsFall » Post

BBmine wrote:
SkylightsFall wrote:It was not my intention to upset anyone with the conversation started on the delicate topic of religion in chat this afternoon. Baggins this also means you.
I'm confused. This means me what?
SkylightsFall wrote:I did not want to offend anyone. Ever. Please let me know if I offended you in any way. Thank you, SFII.
Well, just remember that you offended me with the first thing you said, and next time, please don't do that.
I meant I didn't mean to offend you.
I'll watch more closely what I say in chat in the future. I left right after you did so I could state my apologies. It was not my intentions to make you upset enough to leave.
If I can see it I will craft it...
If I can dream it I will build it...
If I find a home, I will put alot of effort into staying there...
AKA: Sky_Fall_II, SkylightsFall, MotherSkyFall, etc etc....

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

SkylightsFall wrote:I meant I didn't mean to offend you.
I'll watch more closely what I say in chat in the future. I left right after you did so I could state my apologies. It was not my intentions to make you upset enough to leave.
Oh ok. I actually left because of real life, not because I was really upset. (Okay, I wasn't very happy, but I'm the sort that tends to stand my ground.)

SkylightsFall
In-game: Sky_Fall_II

by SkylightsFall » Post

BBmine wrote: Oh ok. I actually left because of real life, not because I was really upset. (Okay, I wasn't very happy, but I'm the sort that tends to stand my ground.)
Alright, while it makes me feel a bit better that it wasn't me who made you feel like you had to leave, I'll still be watching what I say more closely from now on.
If I can see it I will craft it...
If I can dream it I will build it...
If I find a home, I will put alot of effort into staying there...
AKA: Sky_Fall_II, SkylightsFall, MotherSkyFall, etc etc....

MommyKat
In-game: MommyKat DrClaw AriaJade

by MommyKat » Post

Aaaaaaaaand this is why we don't talk about religion in the open chat. It just causes issues. That's what pm's are for, if you want to have a player-to-player conversation. It might be nice to have a channels mod, but I'm afraid that certain players might take advantage of it for less than moral purposes, if you get my drift.
"If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead!" --Roger Rabbit

"Love feels a lot like tomatoes"-Candace Flynn

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

MommyKat wrote:Aaaaaaaaand this is why we don't talk about religion in the open chat. It just causes issues. That's what pm's are for, if you want to have a player-to-player conversation. It might be nice to have a channels mod, but I'm afraid that certain players might take advantage of it for less than moral purposes, if you get my drift.
Some players can take advantage of pm's too.

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

The server and website are currently down, I was on it when it happened so we're aware. The issue appears to be with the hosting company, as we can't even ping them. EDad will be contacting the hosting company as soon as they are reachable, and hopefully will be put back online soon. This happened once before and they were pretty responsive. We'll keep you posted!

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

Everything is operational again. Thanks for your patience!

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Don't know at all what happened. I couldn't log in via ssh. Not even ping the machine. It was just... gone. Tech support didn't even respond other than a canned response that made absolutely no sense lol.
But it's back. Not comfortable with things "fixing themselves" so let's hope this doesn't become a habit or we are moving to another host.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Apparently WSDGuy2014 posted a video of how to fly without the fly privilege on YouTube, and they said they were banned for the flying, but they came back as Sakuya_Izayoi, what happens now?
What is SCP-055?

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ExeterDad wrote:Don't know at all what happened. I couldn't log in via ssh. Not even ping the machine. It was just... gone. Tech support didn't even respond other than a canned response that made absolutely no sense lol.
But it's back. Not comfortable with things "fixing themselves" so let's hope this doesn't become a habit or we are moving to another host.
You know, I remember when the VPS would crash. It was due to a messed up script. I eventually fixed it, and then it worked.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

BBmine wrote:You know, I remember when the VPS would crash. It was due to a messed up script. I eventually fixed it, and then it worked.
Well that's just it. The server didn't crash. It just became unreachable. I couldn't log in to fix anything. I couldn't even ping or traceroute the server or hosting company. PoOf!

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

Chem871 wrote:Apparently WSDGuy2014 posted a video of how to fly without the fly privilege on YouTube, and they said they were banned for the flying, but they came back as Sakuya_Izayoi, what happens now?
Its not hack nor glitch in game. Magic Wi-Fi / Eth. cable
"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" x)
But killing players at spawn and escaping prison using this "glitch" (so you can kill every 10 second or faster)
might be against rules. Am i right Sakuya_Izayoi?
NO griefing, NO harassment, NO bullying, NO hate speech, NO killing right at spawn, NO spam, NO adult language in chat or private messages. Violators will be warned or banned.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

AspireMint wrote:
Chem871 wrote:Apparently WSDGuy2014 posted a video of how to fly without the fly privilege on YouTube, and they said they were banned for the flying, but they came back as Sakuya_Izayoi, what happens now?
Its not hack nor glitch in game. Magic Wi-Fi / Eth. cable
"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" x)
But killing players at spawn and escaping prison using this "glitch" (so you can kill every 10 second or faster)
might be against rules. Am i right Sakuya_Izayoi?
NO griefing, NO harassment, NO bullying, NO hate speech, NO killing right at spawn, NO spam, NO adult language in chat or private messages. Violators will be warned or banned.
*issues AspireMint a tazer, club, mace and a shoulder patch.
You're hired!! :P

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Edad, I have a mod request for the server, it adds a use for lava orbs:viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18608 The tools and armor are about equal in stats to their diamond counterparts.
What is SCP-055?

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

ExeterDad wrote: *issues AspireMint a tazer, club, mace and a shoulder patch.
You're hired!! :P
O_O

In the wrong hands those kinds of tools would be very dangerous lol.

Thankfully AspireMint is qualified to use them properly -- or at least we hope xD

angelo1123_
IRC: angelo1123_
In-game: angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

Last time I saw a tazer I had to from my friend IN HIS HOUSE it didn't end well when they press the button when its on ur skin....I couldn't feel my legs for a day or two
Mhk (mmm-kay) means okay.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
BBmine wrote:You know, I remember when the VPS would crash. It was due to a messed up script. I eventually fixed it, and then it worked.
Well that's just it. The server didn't crash. It just became unreachable. I couldn't log in to fix anything. I couldn't even ping or traceroute the server or hosting company. PoOf!
Yes, my VPS was unreachable too, but I could get to the hosting website and click restart button :P

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

Introducing the HOMETOWN Halloween Quest!

• Alistair E. Ainsworth, a thin and angular bachelor who never married and hardly ever spoke a word to the gentile residents of HOMETOWN, was an odd fellow. Even when Alistair was a child, attending church services with his parents, other parishioners would whisper about the expressionless young boy who sat beside his parents like he was made from stone. After services, other boys would sneak into the bell tower or capture polliwogs in the creek behind the church, but Alistair was never invited to join them. There was just something very odd about Alistair E. Ainsworth...
Are you feeling brave this Halloween season? HOMETOWN has a haunting, and it's up to our most courageous players to unravel a 132 year old mystery. Just what happened all those years ago, and what caused the spirits to not be at rest? Why are we hearing disembodied moaning near town? The answer is there, but are you brave enough to find it?

Start at the spooky tree at spawn and travel down the ladder into the depths below. Make sure you have supplies and armor, because you just may encounter some HOMETOWN residents who passed on over a hundred years ago, but never left...

Attachments
ainsworth1.png
ainsworth1.png (154.74 KiB) Viewed 737 times
ainsworth2.png
ainsworth2.png (586.68 KiB) Viewed 737 times

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

:P That's worse than I thought it was......

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

BBmine wrote::P That's worse than I thought it was......
And it's even worse than you think you thought it was. I promise :)

kievski
In-game: kievski or swansky

by kievski » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
BBmine wrote::P That's worse than I thought it was......
And it's even worse than you think you thought it was. I promise :)
I can confirm that :)

Also, the big cave monster things are throwing TNT around now, or have they always done that and I've just noticed?

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

HOMETOWN Halloween Quest! (Update)

Many brave players have taken the journey and died while trying to solve the mystery, and many players have learned more about the tragic happenings so many years ago. However, no one has completed the quest. ;)

We will not give out clues, you must be critical thinkers and use all your senses. Good luck, brave HOMETOWN residents! Protect yourselves and be most careful, the spirits are not at rest.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

A big CONGRATULATIONS to AspireMint for being the first player to complete the entire quest! AspireMint, we should have known you would figure it out, you're a clever one! :D

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

Thank you! and also thanks to player ooooh for helping!

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

I've ALMOST completed the first unit of the apartment!!!!!! It still needs a bit of touching up though. I'll have to read price tags, but my COMPLETELY rough estimate is that I'll be renting out each unit for 200 gold ingots. I will make a topic about it on the HT forums when it's all ready.