MineClone 2 Gallery

voxelproof

MineClone 2 Gallery

by voxelproof » Post

Here is a new gallery of screenshots from Minetest's subgame MineClone 2 by Wuzzy:

https://imgur.com/gallery/P2DUQ

I was a little surprised by the aesthetic potential of this game because I am not very fond of the Minecraft style of design nor of its somewhat dark ambience and I didn't expect much more from MineClone. But I managed to find some really astounding vistas and some of them will be printed and framed and hanged to decorate my room :-))

Here is a small choice of the gallery which consists of over 60 images.

P.S. I decided to make other topic about screenshots because I see that MineClone deserves it. This subgame is really well done and this gallery is a thank you to Wuzzy. Good job! (And continue :) )

(btw could you make bad weather less frequent in your game, Wuzzy? Waiting for good shooting conditions is sometimes a hard task ;) )

EDIT: Second part of gallery with some interesting and nice vistas here: https://imgur.com/gallery/jfP8c
Last edited by voxelproof on Sat Oct 21, 2017 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

u19503

Re: MineClone 2 Gallery

by u19503 » Post

I am not very fond of the Minecraft style of design nor of its somewhat dark ambience
So you don't like textures with good color balance?
I'm talking about the original textures of Minecraft not the crap that Microsoft eh I mean Jeb is doing wink wink

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

toby109tt wrote:
I am not very fond of the Minecraft style of design nor of its somewhat dark ambience
So you don't like textures with good color balance?
I'm talking about the original textures of Minecraft not the crap that Microsoft eh I mean Jeb is doing wink wink
Well, I played demo of MC 1.8 and for some time was considering buying the 1.9. What stopped me was the textures in the 1.9 demo. After a few minutes I knew it was not for me.

PC Gamer demo based on 1.3 as I remember has great well balanced colours, but nevertheless it is a little bit too dark for me. Ink blue water, though maybe funny for some doesn't remind me of real lakes I saw. And the sea water, even in the clearest Mediterranean is not so blatantly blue either. I use voxel sandboxes for relax, not for gameplay and as for me it serves as a kind of ersatz for what was once my joy. But what's the most important factor is the looming menace of zombies :| You can feel their presence all the time. And this is what differs Minetest from MC most - it is more like clay to be formed, not an established world.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The weather is too weird in MCL2, I agree. It's also not really pretty. I think for the next version I'll work on fixing all the minor and major “annoyances” in MCL2.
It is planned to add a setting to disable weather changes.

Hint: You can already clear the weather with the “/weather clear” command. :-)

Obligatory screenshot:

PS: You can thank XSSheep from www.planetminecraft.com for the textures, mostly. :-)

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

Wuzzy wrote: Hint: You can already clear the weather with the “/weather clear” command. :-)
If only this would also stop the rampaging forest fires.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

Wuzzy wrote:The weather is too weird in MCL2, I agree. It's also not really pretty. I think for the next version I'll work on fixing all the minor and major “annoyances” in MCL2.
It is planned to add a setting to disable weather changes.

Hint: You can already clear the weather with the “/weather clear” command. :-)
Thanks for info :) The weather really was adding some eerie flavour to the created worlds. The first time I witnessed a storm my character was in some montainous area, I was observing the peak of a nearby mountain trying to catch the best framing and distance for a shot before stormy clouds obscure the landscape when a horse appeared from behind the slope near the hill top just in the moment a horrific lightning sratched the sky ... Terrific :D

I like the newer TP for MineClone probably more. Lighter shade of grass makes better conformity with the darker green of trees, setting a nice visual counterpoint.

I found a tame wolf too :
;)
Attachments
mineclone2.png
mineclone2.png (486.21 KiB) Viewed 836 times

Wuzzy

On the German-MineClone 2-Server

by Wuzzy » Post

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

Nice shots. What is this structure on the last one? Is it built or generated by the game?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

These buildings were built by real people on German-MineClone2-Server.