GitHub: everamzah
IRC: everamzah
In-game: everamzah

[ModPack] hud_hunger fork featuring sprint [hud_hunger]

by everamzah » Post

github.com/everamzah/hud_hunger -- master.zip
License: LGPL2.1
Dependencies: default

This is a fork of BlockMen's hud_hunger modpack with GunshipPenguin's sprint mod. Sprinting now reduces the player's hunger bar (satiation). Particles will spawn as the player sprints using the run key (AUX1). Use `sprint = false' or `sprint_particles = false' in minetest.conf to disable either.

I will consider next whether to rely on extra keys (backwards, up/down ladders) to initiate sprinting.

Here's a link to a video to demonstrate
Last edited by everamzah on Fri Mar 11, 2016 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

Re: [modpack] hud_hunger fork featuring sprint [hud] [hunger

by benrob0329 » Post

Awesome! I've been waiting for that to happen for a while now!

everamzah

Re: [modpack] hud_hunger fork featuring sprint [hud] [hunger

by everamzah » Post

Great, me too. It was surprisingly simple to insert.

I've changed to use default_dirt.png, whatever that is per your texture pack. Hunger drain rate has been reduced quite a lot, and is variable (SPRINT_DRAIN in init.lua) between 0 and 1, default is 0.35.

Also sprint and particles are on by default, but should you choose to disable either there exists sprint = false and/or sprint_particles = false in minetest.conf.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Re: [ModPack] hud_hunger fork featuring sprint [hud_hunger]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Nice one :)

ErrorNull
GitHub: ErrorNull0

by ErrorNull » Post

ahh yes. finally! thank you for doing this one.

Martno

by Martno » Post

I really like it!
So is this mod will be maintained in the future? I ask because I found some weird bugs in Blockmen's mod and since he left, I don't know that is there somebody who will fix those.
First thing is that the armor icons sometimes don't appear if the player connects to the game and already wears armor.
Second (this is with another mod: thirsty - I don't know if it's a bug in that mod, or this) if I use the Thirsty mod the HUD icons (water glasses) are much bigger, than the other icons (health, hunger), but only if I play on Windows. I have no idea why this happens, I tried with several machine, in the Linux version this problem doesn't exist. Same version of the game and same versions of the mods.
Edit: The hunger icons don't appear too, and it seems that this only happens only with the Windows version too. And it seems that it only happens, when Cornernote's bag mod is loaded. I have no idea why. It's happening with Unified inventory too (that contains the bag mod). The only thing I can do is I take off a piece of armor and put it back, and the armor shows again. Similar with the hunger icons, if I eat something (or start to sprint - in case of your fork), the icons appear again.
I tested this on Linux, this issue doesn't exist.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I found a critical crash bug in the original hunger mod (version 2.x.1) and it looks like your mod has it, too.
Read here for more info:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6342&start=300#p228161

ph8jPf9M
GitHub: 22i

by ph8jPf9M » Post

i am trying to run but no idea what button to press especially the AUX1 what button is that?

other than that could you implement an option for health and hunger to only appear when needed
like drowning. health would appear only when you eat something or get hurt
when health is full it disapears same with hunger it only shows when you lack hunger or when
you eat or poisened but disapears when your hunger is full.

this would clean and simplify the hud

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The key which everamzah called “AUX1” or “run key” is actually called the “Use” key and is the [E] key on your keyboard by default. You can also change it in your controls settings.

Everamzah, please don't refer to the Use key as “AUX1”, almost nobody knows what this means.

amadin

by amadin » Post

I searched this mod a half of year but found only now :)
How enable using up (W) button instead using "E" for acceleration as in original sprint mod?

everamzah

by everamzah » Post

I don't recall ever implementing that portion of the original sprint mod by Gunship Penguin. And now, I prefer my runfast mod instead.

The double-tap mechanism sounds interesting, but the lag is bad enough when depending on a depressed key. I should try it, and see how well it works at least locally. Anyway, holding down a run key is more standard for me.

By the way, I look forward to changes in the Minetest engine that allow for physics manipulations for the player locally, without being subject to lag. Re celeron55's player script branch, which I have yet to try. I don't know if what is called Client Side Lua would also be appropriate for this, but I know even less about that.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

If it helps my git page ( github.com/tenplus1 ) has Blockmen's HUD_HUNGER, Wuzzy's HUDBars and Sofar's Stamina mod all with built-in Sprint feature that uses hunger while you run.

everamzah

by everamzah » Post

Oh, you!

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Boruch

by Boruch » Post

Looks good, but a few suggestions about integration into the game.

For some reason, you register the modpack within the game under the name 'zombies' instead of something that someone would associate with either 'hud_hunger" or 'everamzah', or something similar to the download zip file name.

Maybe rename the root directory 'hud_hunger_everamzah' and register that name in the mod.conf file. That way people can easily find your modpack within the game and within the filesystem.

jas
IRC: Freenode

by jas » Post

https://github.com/taikedz/everamzah-hu ... its/master

Not sure what's going on with mod.conf. Personally I use the "runfast" mod, but it's not yet tailored for generic use. I have been planning on doing so.

taikedz
GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Post

Crud. That looks like a bug from when I processed all your old repos, evidently it didn't step through the directories like it should have.

Fixed, I'll likely want to squash them - or you could add your copy to your new location, and update the links up top....

jas

by jas » Post

I might just recommend TenPlus1's version which is here: https://github.com/tenplus1/hud_hunger/ but I haven't tried it.

I like runfast a lot more, since I made it from scratch and it works well for me. The current version is here: github.com/jastevenson303/runfast -- and it's a bit different; it sets player properties {new_move=true, sneak_glitch=false} when not sprinting, and when you do sprint it's {new_move=false, sneak_glitch=true} which IMHO makes for some pretty fun romps. (The hungrier you are, there, the less you can sprint, until eventually it won't work until you eat.)

https://youtu.be/RrYCGZVtwHY?t=4m5s

hajo

by hajo » Post

I get a message

Code: Select all

WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "HUD_ENABLE_HUNGER" accessed at .../everamzah-hud_hunger/hud/builtin.lua:41
and error 404 for the link to github,
so https://github.com/taikedz/everamzah-hud_hunger is current now ?

taikedz
GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Post

The taikedz link is "current" insomuch as that's where it lives now. I'll take and triage pull requests, though I have not been active in developing it.

This particular issue has now been fixed.

The mod predates tenplus1's hudbars which are likely more recently maintained. https://github.com/tenplus1/hudbars

codexp

by codexp » Post

where is the repo now?

jas

by jas » Post

Hello. There exists some mirrors and archives of this mod, but since publishing have made some others. I haven't played in a bit, so I'll have to test them out again.

https://github.com/taikedz/everamzah-hud_hunger <- original mirror
https://archive.org/details/everamzah-mt_git <- archive of mods made under the name everamzah

I made one called Run & Fast, that became part of decibel, a sub-game. Then I started on one called sneak_jump, for any minetest version, which I want to try out again, make sure it still works: viewtopic.php?t=19861

Have fun.